How to Make a Braided Bun
Documentation Download Documentation Download Documentation Buns are a terrific way to keep your hair out of your face while still looking stylish. Regardless matter how simple your buns are, you can always incorporate a braid to give your hair a little extra flair. There are several techniques to create a braided bun, and the most of them take only a few minutes to put together!
- 1 Make a ponytail out of your hair. You don’t have to brush and smooth out your hair in order to get this braided bun look. Make a loose ponytail at the nape of your neck and tie it with a hair tie. Adding volume to your ponytail may be accomplished by squeezing your hair at the top of your head.
- Put your hair in a ponytail and secure it with a clip. For this braided bun, you don’t need to brush and straighten your hair before you start. Tuck the nape of your neck and the back of your neck into a loose ponytail to finish. Adding volume to your ponytail may be accomplished by squeezing your hair at the crown.
- 2 Make a ponytail out of your hair. Make a three-strand braid out of your ponytail for a classic look. braid your hair all the way down to the very bottom of your hairstyle
- It’s quite OK if a few strands of hair fall out as you finish the braid.
- s3 Make a hole in your hair with your fingers. Create a hole in the region of your hair above the ponytail holder with your fingers by rubbing them together. Extend your thumb and pointer finger up and below your ponytail holder so that they peek up vertically through the hole you just made
- Continue to poke your fingers through
- They will eventually become entangled in your braid.
- 4 Fold your hair through the hole and secure it. Lift your braid up with your free hand and bring it up to the two fingers that are peeking out through the opening in the middle of it. Grasp the braid with your two index and middle fingers and draw it through the opening
- Considering that the braid was dragged through the opening, the sides of your hair should be twisted as well.
- 5 Pull your braid through one more. Fold your braid through the opening one more time to secure it. This time, instead of pulling your braid all the way down through the opening, pull it halfway. The braid should be flipped to drag the bulkiest section of it through the hole, and the bottom half of the braid (the tail) should be allowed to fold over on itself within the hole.
- When creating the bun, it is intended that the bulkiest area of the braid be visible for the vast majority of the time.
- 6 Tie the braid in a tight knot. Maintain the position of your braid with one hand while using your other hand to push bobby pins into the sides of your bun. To make the bun seem fluffier and more textured, pull the braided sections apart with your fingertips once it has been fastened in place.
- The fact that the bun is a little sloppy and not perfectly formed is perfectly OK.
- The fact that the bun is a little sloppy and not perfectly formed is OK.
- The ponytail has to be wrapped up high on your head since you’re putting up a top knot bun.
- 2 Tease the ends of your ponytail. Using a comb, divide your ponytail into two halves. Teasing both portions of your hair, concentrating on the hair closest to the root of the ponytail, will give it a polished look.
- You’ll get the finest results if you tease your hair using a teasing brush or a rat tail comb rather of your fingers. You’ll notice that your braids appear wider and fuller as a result.
- 3Make a braid for each segment. Separate each segment into three strands using a separating tool. Braid each area with a three-strand braid, as seen in the picture. Each braid should be secured at the bottom with a little elastic hair tie. 4 Make the braids a little more interesting by adding some texture. Adding texturizing powder or dry shampoo to your braids and pulling apart the braid plaits is optional, but it will make your braids seem more polished. Pulling the braid plaits apart gently will result in broader, more substantial braids.
- You can simply pull at your braids, loosening and widening them, if you don’t have any texturizing powder or dry shampoo on hand.
- 5 Tie your strands together. Wrap one braided part around the base of your ponytail until it reaches the back of your head, then repeat the process. Make use of a bobby pin to keep that first wrapped braid in place. Wrap the other braided portion around your head in the opposite direction of the first, until it reaches the back of your head (see illustration). Try to arrange this braid below the first braid that has been wrapped around
- For those of you with longer hair, and your braided parts wrap around your head further than the back of your head, you may just fasten the end of the braid wherever it occurs to finish.
- 6 Tie your strands together. Hair spray and bobby pins can be used to fix any stray hairs or bits of hair that have fallen out of the braids.
- A similar-colored set of bobby pins may always be helpful in blending things together.
- 1 Tease your hair a little. To begin, take a little portion of hair from your crown (approximately a 1-2 inch chunk), and bring it closer to your forehead. Brush this portion of hair back with a light back comb and tease it, then turn it over to the front of your face. Take a little part of hair behind the first portion (again, around a 1-2 inch section), and continue the teasing and back combing steps with that section of hair. Overlap this back combed part of hair with the first segment of hair
- 3-5 sections of hair should be teased and back combed for a decent amount of volume at the top of your head. Flip your entire head of hair back and let it hang naturally
- 2 Tie your hair up in a bun. To begin, divide your hair into three pieces and loosely braid your hair into a conventional three-strand braid, as seen below. Don’t use an elastic ponytail holder to hold the braid together throughout. Instead, just two out of the three strands should be secured.
- It’s quite OK for some sections of hair to fall out of the braids. This braid has a more laid-back feel to it.
- 3Pull the braid all the way up. Keep hold of the strand of hair that wasn’t secured into the elastic ponytail holder with your other hand. The other two strands that have been attached should be pushed up until they form a bunched basis for the braid. Wrap the bun with plastic wrap and fasten it. Bind the free strand around the braided strands that have been bunched up and secure the bun with bobby pins. You may secure the bun with bobby pins on all four corners to ensure that it remains in place throughout styling. Advertisement
- 1 Back comb your hair to the back of your head. Use your back comb to comb through a small area of hair at the top of your head (a 1 to 2 inch chunk of hair) and press the hair down with your comb. Transform the rear area of your hair to the front of your face by flipping it around. Take the portion of hair behind the initial section of hair you back combed and back comb that area of hair as well, if necessary.
- Tease and back comb about three to four sections of hair. Afterwards, flip all of your hair back to let it to rest naturally
- 2Section your hair using a comb. Separate your hair into three vertical sections: one for the right side of your head, one for the left side of your head, and one for the centre of your head. 3Braid each part of hair towards the nape of your neck using a ponytail holder
- Tie each section of hair together. Braid each part of hair in a loose three-strand braid to create a classic look. 4 Attach a tiny, elastic hair tie to the end of each braid to keep it in place. Twist and fasten each braid with a hair tie. Hold one braided segment at the bottom near the hair tie with one hand while using the other hand to twist the center portion of the braid with the other hand. The twisting action is quite similar to the motion you would use if you were going to knot the braid on itself in the first place. Bobby pins are used to hold the twisted braid in place.
- Make sure the other two braided portions of hair are twisted and attached in the same manner so that they line up near each other once they are put into place.
Create a new question
- Question I’m terrible at styling my own hair, but why is it so difficult to style the hair behind me? Illinois Cosmetologist and Hair Stylist Ashley Adams has been in the industry since 2005. The John Amico School of Hair Design, where she received her Cosmetology education, awarded her a diploma in 2016. Answer from a Professional Hair StylistExpert If tying your hair into a ponytail is difficult for you, consider placing a mirror in front of you and another mirror behind you so that you can view both sides of your hair at the same time, as described above. This will allow you to view the back of your hair as you are styling your bun. My hair has been broken off at the nape of my neck, and I’m embarrassed. What is the proper way to tie a top knot? Illinois Cosmetologist and Hair Stylist Ashley Adams has been in the industry since 2005. The John Amico School of Hair Design, where she received her Cosmetology education, awarded her a diploma in 2016. Answer from a Professional Hair StylistExpert You can build a braided top knot even if your hair has been broken off. Depending on your preference, either a disheveled or a sleek bun can be worn. Applying hairspray or gel to your hair while you smooth it into a high ponytail will give you a sleek look that will prevent your ends from sticking out. Question: What type of hair ties should I use is a personal preference. In order to secure the base of your ponytails, you may either use a bigger hair tie or a thin elastic hair tie, depending on how thick your hair is. Use transparent elastic hair ties at the ends of your braids, or elastic hair ties that are close in color to your hair, to keep your braids in place. My hair is of Asian origin. What is the best way to do this with naturally slippery hair? Every time you cross the strands of hair over in your braid, you should tighten the braid. You may also want to add hairspray to ensure that it remains in place
- Question What is the best way to obtain the bun on the top of my head? X Louise McGrathxCommunity Answer by Louise McGrathx Put your hair up in a really high ponytail and do exactly what is described in the article. Question For my gymnastics competition, I’ve been browsing for different hairstyles, but I don’t want it to interfere with my performance. What can I do to help? X Louise McGrathxCommunity Answer by Louise McGrathx Put your hair in a low ponytail and plait it, but secure it with a thin hair tie at the end so that it doesn’t dig into your neck or back
- Question Is it possible to get this look with shoulder-length hair? It’s possible that you’ll have to grow your hair out a little or use synthetic hair
Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. SubmitAdvertisement
- Wherever your ponytail is at the beginning of the process, that’s where your bun will be. Consequently, for a high bun, create a high ponytail. If you want a low bun, pull your hair into a low ponytail. Create a tight braid if you want to get a refined and professional appearance. You have the option of braiding your bangs into the bun or leaving them out of it. If you want a disheveled, voluminous appearance, tease your hair and then form a loose braid with it.
About This Article
An article summaryXA braided bun is a unique method to arrange your hair that is likely to garner a few compliments on your appearance. To create a basic fold-through braided bun, begin by pulling your hair back into a ponytail and braiding it as you normally would. Simply divide your ponytail into three strands and cross the right side over to serve as the new center side of your ponytail. Continue in this manner until you reach the finish, crossing the left side across into the centre on each occasion.
Once you’ve completed braiding and tying it off, run your fingers through your hair above the top hair tie to make a hole in the middle.
Finally, use a few bobby pins to fix your braided bun and take a moment to enjoy your new look.
Did you find this overview to be helpful?
Did this article help you?
06/12/2021 This braided bun hair tutorial is a terrific example of a basic updo that is really simple to achieve on your own. Simple and easygoing for a daily appearance, yet elegant enough for a wedding hairstyle that will remain in place all day! Follow the steps in this picture guide to get a sleek and trendy appearance. Being in California for the past couple of days has reminded me how much I like an easy-to-put-together appearance. Simple color palettes, frequently tonal, with a lot of layers and textures are what I find myself drawn towards the most.
I adore hair that is easy to style and doesn’t need much work.
Continue reading for a tutorial on one of my favorite hairstyles, the braided bun.
An easy up hairstyle
If you’re searching for a quick and easy hairstyle to get you started on the week, this is it! (Plus, if you don’t feel like shampooing your hair this morning, it’s wonderful for second or third day hair.
In addition, it serves as a timely reminder that Oktoberfest officially began this past weekend, providing another another reason to visit your local beer garden. as if we needed another one. More hair techniques may be found here.
How To Do A Braided Bun Hair Tutorial – step by step with photos
- Make tiny face-framing portions for the braids by sectioning hair from the ear forward on both sides, leaving a little segment for each braid for support. Using your fingers, gather the rest of your hair into a low ponytail tight to your nape of neck, pinching and pulling to tease the top of your hair for a more messy undone effect
- Add another elastic a few of inches below the first one, pull the hair at the bottom of the elastic out of the elastic, tuck it in, and roll it up to give the bun additional fullness. Repeat with the other elastics. Bobby pin the bun on the sides – the messier the bun, the better for that unforced appearance
To finish, create a traditional three-strand Dutch braid (in which the hairs are pulled under rather than over) with the remaining side sections of hair, and then pinch and tug at the braids to make them fuller and messier. 5. Wrap braids over the top of the bun to the opposite side and secure with a bobby pin beneath the hair. Lightly mist your hair with hair spray to keep it in place. Katie Jameson was in charge of the photography.
This braided bun tutorial is so easy!
My favorite thing about this updo is how simple and straightforward it is; I assure you it will not take more than 10 minutes to do, and even better, it is simple enough to do yourself! It’s a terrific method to put your hair up without being too ostentatious about it!
A fun Oktoberfest hairstyle
We’re approaching Okoberfest, and this is a terrific look to sport if you’re attending any of the festivities. This style maintains its shape, which is ideal if you have a long day ahead of you.
Check out these other easy braided hairstyles!
- How to Make an Easy Triple Braided Updo
- How to French Braid Your Hair
- 10 Best Braid Tutorials
- Wonder Woman Braid Tutorial
- Fuller Braids: The Secret I Learned on Set that makes every Braid better
- The Trick I Learned on Set that makes every Braid better
- Simple Hairstyles for Children
I always look forward to hearing from you! If you have attempted this braided bun, please share your experience with me in the comments section below!
How To Do A Braided Bun Tutorial
This braided bun hair tutorial is incredibly simple to follow, and it makes for a lovely low updo that is simple to achieve on your own. A terrific daily style that is also elegant enough to wear to events, and it remains in place all day! 10 minutes are allotted for active time. Time allotted: 10 minutes Braided bun hairstyle, simple low updo, braided bun tutorial Yield:1
- Make tiny face-framing portions for the braids by sectioning hair from the ear forward on both sides, leaving a little segment for each braid for support. Using your fingers, gather the rest of your hair into a low ponytail tight to your nape of neck, pinching and pulling to tease the top of your hair for a more messy undone effect
- Add another elastic a few of inches below the first one, pull the hair at the bottom of the elastic out of the elastic, tuck it in, and roll it up to give the bun additional fullness. Repeat with the other elastics. Bobby pin the bun on the sides – the messier the bun, the better for that carefree appearance
- Braid the remaining side bits of hair into a typical three-strand Dutch braid (with the hairs going under instead of over), then squeeze and tug at the braids to make them larger and messier
- Wrap braids around the top of the bun to the opposite side and secure with a bobby pin underneath the bun. Lightly mist hair spray on to keep it in place
Quick and Easy Braided Bun
September 3, 2015 in HairThis low bun is perfect for days when you need to keep your hair out of your face and out of the way, or, in my case, out of the way of small baby fingers. The procedure of braiding the hair before wrapping it into the bun can make it appear more complicated than it actually is, while yet guaranteeing that it is simple to accomplish. Best of all, depending on how tightly or loosely you braid the hair, each time you do it will appear somewhat different from the last. Wrapping the hair into a ponytail before braiding it can help to guarantee that it lasts all day.
Looking for more bun inspiration?
- Updo with a Fishtail Bun
- Braided Bun with Ribbon Wrapping
- Braided Bun with a ‘Lay-Low’ Look
Supplies for a Quick and Easy Braided Bun:
- The following items are required: paddlebrush, 1-2 clear elasticbands, 6-8 Bobbypins, firm-hold hairspray.
Instructions for a Quick and Easy Braided Bun are as follows:
- The first step is to run a brush through your hair to eliminate any knots. Braid all of your hair together into a single braid. Preparing the hair in a low ponytail before braiding it will ensure that it will stay in place all day. Step 2 / Use an elastic band to secure the end of the braid together. Step 3 / Wrap the hair to the left side of the head
- The fourth step is to wrap the end of the braid over to the right side, forming an upside-down U-shape. Tie the braid’s ends together and bring them back down to where it all began, tucking the ends underneath each other. Measure and pin around the edge of the bun until it feels firm on your head in Step 6. To make the bun fuller, gently draw the corners of the bun together. Step 7 The next step is to spritz the style with a firm-hold hairspray to ensure that it remains in place throughout the day.
Modern braided buns are a great way to jazz up your classic hair bun and inject a little personality into your everyday look. Our favorite go-to styles are braids and buns because they are ultra-feminine while still being practical. The bun is both basic and elegant in its design. Not to mention that this braided bun style is really simple to achieve, allowing you to go out the door in under five minutes while appearing polished and classy. Consider wearing this hairstyle for your next interview or night on the town because it is so flexible.
The half-upstyle, or a high (or low) braided bun, is a popular choice. Continue reading to find out how to style a braided bun in a variety of different ways. Our tutorial will show you how to design your braided bun hairstyle in four different ways.
How to Create a Classic Braided Bun
It is actually extremely simple to create a traditional braided bun with your hair! This hairstyle is fantastic since it is simple to put together and keeps your hair out of your face while you are working. First, we’ll have a look at what to do.
Refresh and detangle hair.
Begin with clean, dry, and detangled hair to avoid tangles. If necessary, a dry shampoo such as Suave Hair Refresher Dry Shampoo can be used to rejuvenate your hair. Remove any knots from your hair by brushing it gently, and then apply a style oil to enhance shine and prevent frizz, such as Suave Professionals Moroccan Infusion Styling Oil, to finish. This will guarantee that your hair is smooth and ready to receive your stunning new braids in a bun style when you have finished styling it. Step No.
Create a high ponytail.
Pull your hair up into a high ponytail and knot it in place with a hair tie to keep it in place. The optimal place for your crown is in the middle of it. Step number three.
Section your hair.
Make three even portions out of your hair and pin them up. The beginning of your braided bun will take place at this point in the process. Step number four.
Complete your braid.
Finish by braiding your hair all the way down to the end of your ponytail and securing it with an elastic hair tie. You can braid your hair as tightly or as loosely as you desire; the choice is all up to you! Step number five.
Wrap your braid into a bun.
To construct your braided bun, take the end of your braid and wrap it over the base of your ponytail to secure it in place. As you coil the hair around the base of the braid, you may use the opposite hand to keep it in place. Step 6: Organize your thoughts and feelings about the situation.
Secure your bun.
Inserting bobby pins into your braided bun can help to guarantee that it remains in place. Place as many as you need all around your bun to complete the look. If you have thick or curly hair, you may need to use additional pins to hold it all together. Step 7 – Organize your time and resources.
Complete the look.
You’ve done it! You’ve tied your braids into a bun, giving yourself a sophisticated yet basic appearance. Make sure to spritz your hair with hairspray, such as theNexxus Weightless Style Ultra Light Hair Spray, to ensure that your braided bun style remains in place throughout the day.
How to Do a Dutch Braided Bun
We’re getting huge bohemian vibes from this fashionable design! Exhibit your wonderful color transition by displaying it.
Step 1: Wash your hair.
To begin your braids with buns style, make sure your hair is completely clean. Prior to style, shampoo and condition your hair with TRESemmé Fiber Full Volume ShampooandConditionerto impart a small amount of volume to your locks. Learning how to construct a braided bun will be a simple if you use the appropriate items.
Step 2: Blow-dry your hair.
It is not necessary to complete this step correctly. Blow-dry your hair to expedite the drying process; however, it does not need to be precisely straight and blown out to be effective. In fact, having a little structure in your hair will be advantageous and will make it simpler to construct voluminous braids in the future.
Step 3: Create two dutch braids.
Dutch braids are created by crossing the hair below the central part rather than over it.
Part your hair in the middle and form two dutch braids. When you get to the end of your hair, use a hair elastic to hold each braid in place. After that, gently tug on the edges of your braid to flatten them and give them a larger appearance.
Step 4: Create the bun.
Wrap the ends of each braid around each other to form the bun after your braids are finished and full of voluminous strands. Bobby pins will keep your bun in place until you’re ready to go.
Half-Up Braided Bun Style
Don’t want to wear your hair in a bun all the time? Consider a half-updo, which is appropriate for a variety of circumstances. First, we’ll have a look at what to do.
Start with clean hair.
When starting a new hairstyle, it’s important to start with clean, freshly washed hair to avoid tangles. Preparing your hair for style begins with a thorough shampoo and conditioning. Dove Nourishing Rituals Repairing RitualShampooandConditioner are some of our favorites. When used together, this combination helps to restore strength to damaged hair while also keeping it silky and manageable. Step No. 2
Apply some sea salt spray.
Allow your hair to air-dry or rough-dry it until it is around 90 percent dry, depending on your preference. Suave Dry Texture FinishingSpray, for example, may be used to sprinkle sea salt throughout your hair. To add texture and loose waves to your hair, scrunch them with your fingers across the length of your hair. Step number three.
Create your part.
Make use of a comb to assist you in creating your center part. head. To style your hair, start with your comb in the centre of your head (exactly at the crown) and move it all the way down your head until you reach the ends of your hair. Return to the top of your head to double-check your part, using your fingers and the comb to move your hair to the right side of your head. Step number four.
Create your braid.
Take a little portion of your hair at the head and pin it up. Begin at the top of your head and work your way all the way down your hair to finish with a three-strand braid. Secure your braid with a hair knot and repeat the process on the other side. Step number five.
Create your bun.
Take both of your braids and wrap them around the other side of your head, holding the bottom of one braid in place. Continue in this manner, working your way upward, until you have a high bun. Step 6: Organize your thoughts and feelings about the situation.
Secure your bun.
Place some bobby pins or a clip on the wispy areas of your hair to hold your bun (and all of your hard work!) in place while you sleep. Done!
Braid and Bun Updo
Whether you’re going for a more casual appearance or a more formal updo, the bun variant is ideal. This exquisite bun is ideal for a night out on the town.
Step 1: Start on clean hair.
We’re pretty sure along with executing effective skin and wellness routines, all of the celebs prepped their hair with a wash and care system in preparation for the awards. You should, too! For a look just like the celebs, wash your hair with a nourishing system.
Step 2: Blow-dry your hair.
Absolutely blow-dry your hair to ensure it is completely dry. Use your hair dryer and a brush to produce a straight and sleek finish after drying your hair with Nexxus CleanPure Nourishing Detox 5-in-1 Invisible Hair Oil, which will help you achieve a shining and healthy finish.
Step 3: Create a ponytail.
Pull your hair back into a high or low ponytail that is tight. Use a hair elastic to keep it in place.
Step 4: Add accent braids.
Make a high or low ponytail out of your hair that is tight. A hair elastic will keep the style in place.
Step 5: Create your bun.
Wrap the ends of your hair into a sleek bun when you’ve finished styling your braids. Make use of some hairpins to keep your look in place while you’re working.
Step 6: Set with hairspray.
No celebrity was sent out on their merry way without a little setting spray to keep their braid and bun updo hairstyles in place throughout the night, and we’re fairly sure that includes us! Hairspray may be used to keep your style in place without leaving a sticky residue. If you’re looking for more braided bun hairstyles, look no further. Learn how to make these trendy braided space buns in this video. Make sure to tag us on Instagram @AllThingsHairUS if you decide to try out this look!
Sign up to our newsletter and get exclusive hair care tips and tricks from the experts at All Things Hair.
We’re also very certain that no celebrity was sent out on their merry way without a spritz of setting spray to keep their braid and bun updo hairstyles in place throughout the whole evening. To keep your style in place without feeling sticky, use hairspray. You can see more braided bun hairstyles on our website. Make these trendy braided space buns with this step-by-step tutorial! Remember to tag us on Instagram @AllThingsHairUS if you decide to try out the look.
16 Gorgeous Braided Bun Hairstyle Ideas That Are Easy to Do
When the hair is gathered towards the back or top of the head and braided into a knot, it is referred to as a braided bun. Do you have straight, curly, or wavy hair? In only a few minutes, you may drastically improve your hairstyle without any difficulty! The bun with a braid is your greatest buddy on any day when you want to appear nice! There’s no need to be concerned about those unruly strands. A stunning updo may be created by incorporating braids into the style of your choice. When you consider all of the different methods to make a bun, it is quite astonishing.
- The braid-and-bun hybrid is the perfect style to learn if you want to be able to enjoy your day without having to worry about your hair.
- In order to create shine, blowdry your hair smooth, with a tiny bend in the ends.
- “Serums will help to maintain the hair lustrous and silky for longer.
- “Use hairspray during the process and at the end,” she advises.
Braided Bun With Bangs For Black Woman
On Instagram, follow @miami braids by kuneesha for more information.
It’s important for a black lady to wear her hair in a braided bun with bangs with confidence! Hairstyles with straight bangs, such as the braided bun, give the look even more edge and chicness. This is appropriate for both a casual and a fancy romantic night out.
Braided Ballerina Bun
Norwegian braider may be found on Instagram at @norwegianbraider. A braided ballerina bun is a beautiful hairstyle for anybody who like to keep their hair out of their face but does not want to wear their hair in a traditional ponytail. Children and sporty ladies would be excellent candidates for braids in buns because it maintains the hair in place and offers an additional layer of detail to help them break away from the same upstyled hairstyle on a regular basis. Shine spray or hairspray can be used to smooth down flyaways and create a sleeker, more elegant appearance.
Big Braided Bun With Weave
Braids by Design is on Instagram at @braidsbydesign. With the use of a weave, you may create a large braided bun. The intricate nature of this braided hairdo lends an aura of edginess to a woman’s overall appearance. When determining where to position the high bun, it’s important to keep it aligned with the cheekbones at all times.
Stylish Double Braided Bun Updo
Follow us on Instagram at @ecbridalglow. One plait is plenty, but you may go for two if you choose! Take into consideration a stunning double braided bun updo for a sophisticated finish.
Braided Bun With Loose Side Braids
Morgan’s Instagram handle is @styled.by.morgan_. Braided buns with loose side braids are a great way to show off your naturally textured blonde. This bun hairstyle with braids is great for your wedding day since it is simple and elegant.
Braided Half Up Half Down Bun
Rachel Justine’s Instagram handle is @rachel.justine. Tie your hair back and pin it into this braided half-up, half-down bun for a polished look. Curls and face-framing strands may be used to add volume and structure to your hair. More half-up, half-down hairstyles may be found here.
Easy-to-Wear Braided Bun
sasha esenina on Instagram is a model. This easy-to-wear braided bun looks best on fine, golden locks with face-framing parts and is simple to style. In your hairdo, create a ‘flow’ by combing the strands to certain sides until you have formed a bun.
Cornrow Braids Into a Bun Hairstyle
Baje Hair may be found on Instagram at @baje hair Make a bun out of your cornrow braids and style it with Marley twists for a very unique look. It’s simple to maintain and quite trendy.
Gorgeous Braided Low Bun for Long Hair
Alexandra Lee 1016 may be found on Instagram at @alexandralee1016. Pull off a stunning braided low bun to draw attention to your bronde color melt tresses. It is not necessary to have texture or waves in order to be elegant.
Box Braids Bun For Natural Hair
Follow Rachael on Instagram at @braidsbyrah_. Add a few streaks of blonde to your box braidsbun for natural hair for a more polished look. The most advantageous aspect of braided protective hairstyles is that they increase the length of your mane. Furthermore, it is adaptable enough to be worn up.
Cute Braided Bun for Little Black Girl
Using the handle @forever mrspowell on Instagram Your little ebony girl will look adorable with a lovely braided bun! The feed-in braids and plaits are all one size and are made in a certain manner to provide a unique finish.
Braided-Up Bun for Black Hair
Instagram account: @thevicstyles.
A braided-up bun for black hair is quite stunning, especially when combined with your natural texture. Inquire with your stylist or professional braider about the things you’ll need to keep your bun with braids looking well at home.
Braided Top Bun for an African-American Woman
Michele’s Beauty Bar is on Instagram at @michelaysbeautybar. If you enjoy wearing your hair in buns with braids, talk to your hairdresser about getting an updo. If you are an African-American lady, a braided top bun will let you to show off your beautiful black curls.
Double-Braided Messy Bun
Follow her on Instagram at @sabrinadijkman. If you have light brown tresses, romantic braided hairstyles such as this double-braided messy bun will make them shine even more. A bun that has been braided into a textured updo looks great when paired with face-framing accessories.
French-Braided Bun Chignon
You should consider wearing this lovely French-braidedchignon bun if you are attending a formal occasion. Although it looks best on long, black tresses, golden brown hair extensions may be used to get the same result as long, dark tresses. Remove some of your hair from both sides of your face for a more delicate appearance. Megan Ellis, a Windsor, Ontario-based stylist and braider, came up with this braided bun up look. Her favorite element of this outfit is the braid and the way it’s been pushed out and styled, which she finds very appealing.
“I would recommend extensions depending on the vision the client has.”
Lace Braided Bun For Kids
Serena Einarsson, a hairdresser in Vancouver, Washington, made this lace braided bun for her client. Her explanation: “It is so named because it is produced in a similar manner to a French braid, with little portions of hair being absorbed into the braid with each row until every segment of hair is incorporated.” A basic braided style with a touch of something extra to make it appear more put together,” says the stylist. You’ll also need bobby pins, a hair elastic, a bun maker (that matches the color of your hair), medium to strong hold pomade (either matte or shine), and hairspray to complete the look.
How To: Get a Triple Braided Bun
With the help of Birchbox (a beauty-obsessed company that provides its members with a unique and personalized way to discover, sample, shop, and learn about the best beauty and lifestyle products!) we’re excited to present a special series of holiday hair tutorials that will have you looking your best for the party-filled season. It is here that they have provided us with the tips and techniques for achieving the perfect appearance – and don’t forget to check out their blog for even more instructions!
- That’s one of the reasons why this triple braided bun style is so appealing: everyone can do it.
- What You’ll Need to Get Started: Hair oil is a type of moisturizer that is applied to the hair.
- Bobby pins are a kind of pin.
- One of the best features of this byblowPro is its excellent grip and lack of crunch factor.
- Smoothing down flyaways and keeping your braids appearing clean are two benefits of doing so.
- Braid the three ponytails and bind them with clear elastics to complete the look.
- First, pull the center braid into a bun to secure it.
Lastly, spray on some hairspray to complete the look. Are you looking for more fast and simple hairdo ideas? For further information, please see the following stories on Birchbox.com : How To: Create Enchanting Braids How to Do a Side Twist in Four Easy Steps How to Style Your Hair the Next Day
The Braid Bun in 3 Easy Steps
Begin with the texture in Studio D1. To get a similar style for the autumn DolceGabbana catwalk, Guido, a Redken creative consultant in New York, recommends using a volumizing spray — try Dove Oxygen Moisture Root Lift Spray ($6,amazon.com) — and blow-drying with a round brush while the hair is still damp, he explains. Apply a dry shampoo such as L’Oréal Paris Texture Series Energizing Dried Shampoo ($6, amazon.com) from the ears down when it is completely dry. 2. Carry out the turns. Part your hair down the center and braid it just above the nape of your neck, securing it with an elastic in the same color as your hair.
- Make a few strands free around your face and let them fall lightly to the side for nighttime.
- Do you want to give it a shot?
- She has worked in the beauty industry for over a decade.
- You may be able to discover further information on this and other related items at the website piano.io.
35 Braided Buns Re-inventing the Classic Style
Is there a more simple method to spruce up your look than to create one of these braided bun hairstyles? Hair buns may be made in a matter of minutes when you are pressed for time, and there are elegant varieties of braided buns for a romantic evening out with your significant other, prom, or even a wedding reception. Do you want to appear classy and elegant while being as genuine and spontaneous as possible? Then a beautiful braided bun is the only option you need to consider. We have 35 outstanding examples to share with you.
Updated Versions of Braided Buns
An picture of a beautiful braided bun comes to mind when you think about this kind of hair. So enable us to give those photographs the much-desired contemporary makeover. Get ready to get out the bobby pins and other decorations because you’re going to want to have some fun! All-season braided bun hairstyles are ideal for any occasion.
1: Birdcage Bun
With this braided around bun, symmetry is the winner! When the aesthetically attractive braid is interlaced with strands from the center, it creates an elegant topper that is evocative of Grecian beauties flowing in art. A technique to maintain all of your hair in one place, yet with an elaborate lattice work that flows into a smooth swirl, is something you’ve come up with.
2: Criss-Crossing Braids and Messy Bun
Try this braided bun combo for a fully trendy hairdo that will turn heads.
It’s ideal for those long, hot summer evenings when you want to keep the hair off your neck and shoulders. Complete with a braided pair of slim braids and a sock bun, you’ll have everyone asking you how you achieved this style.
3: Untraditional Pinup Style Dutch Braid Updo
An updo with Dutch braids is the inspiration for this intriguing design. The brilliant hues are brought to life by a dense cluster of chunky braids in the front, which is styled into a pompadour that harkens back to the forties. Wear it with a comfortable dress or tights and a loose top for a relaxed look!
4: Cascading French Braid Swirled Bun
This aesthetically appealing French braid with a flower adds a sophisticated touch to any occasion, whether it’s a night at the symphony or a road trip. This hairdo, which features a cascading heavier French braid that twists around into a spiraling bun at the bottom, offers the ideal setting for clipping a fresh blossom right in the center of the braid. The result will be an instantly more attractive appearance for a romantic date.
5: Loose Bun With a Crown Braid
If you have longer hair, a braided bun with a braid around the top is a good option. Make a loose bun with twists of hair that are tucked in to complete the design. A crown braid holds all of the loose flyaways in place while also creating a sweeping updo that accentuates your texture and beautiful hair color, as shown here.
6: Double Braided Racing Stripes
It is preferable to have two braids than one. Everyone will be turning their heads to get a better look at this twin corded French braid placed at a 45 degree angle! Using the ends of the braids, you may twist them together to form a flowing U shape at the base of your neck. If you accept any invitation that comes your way, you will be prepared.
7: Twisted High Crown Bun
It takes a Queen to pull off a thick, high crown braid with a big, sock bun on top, but it is possible. This design provides you the height you need, both on top and in the front, while remaining elegant and out of the way. It is current enough to wear to the club. Wear it with a sultry little black dress to create a lasting impact on your loving audience.
8: Messy Braided Updo Bun
While some of us like a more conventional style, there are some of us who have wild hair or just wish to seem fashionable. There’s something a little untidy and a little different about this updo bun. A bun made up of a sequence of weaved braids creates an impressionist replica of the fashions of the past – great for the creative type!
9: Blushing Bride’s Braided Updo
The colors used in today’s salons are not the same as those used by your grandma! Pinks, purples, and blues from yesterday’s chairs have been recovered by us today. This messed-up updo is made up of three loose French braids and a low bun, which is adorned with a nest of lovely rosettes suited for a princess!
10: Box Braid Bun
A pile of box braids is a significant time commitment, but the results are well worth it when you consider the lovely looks you can get in a range of basic hairstyles. If you want to try this traditional style, braids of varying thickness can be used. Consult with your hairstylist to determine which braid type is most appropriate for your needs and face characteristics.
11: Fishtail Spiral Bun For Longer Hair
Hairstyles such as fishtail braids were popular in the 1990s, and they’re still a wonderful choice now.
This braided bun is made out of an elaborate line of braids that ends in the middle. A comb or veil might be placed on top of the bun to draw attention to the lines even more. Make sure you use a lot of pins with this one because it’s really loose and gorgeous.
12: Frosted Box Braid Twist
This box braid version incorporates a bit more of an artistic theme, with the braids narrowing to a point in the center of the hairline at the crown. It adds volume, thickness, and sophistication to your already eye-catching updo with an exquisite twist of braids collected into a bun!
13: Pretty ‘Bow’ Peep
Two braids can also be tied together at the base of your neck to create a bow look. When your hair is pulled back, it gives a simple illusion while while holding everything in place. The front of your hair is lifted slightly, with a split bun at the bottom, and two textured French braids ride over the crown of your head, giving you an updo suited for a night out.
14: Lazy Elegant French Braid Updo
Messy braids draw the focus to the back of this updo, where a simple, loose french braid bun collects in a casual look that is perfect for the beach or a road trip with the girls! Hair that can be worn anyplace is crucial, especially when you are heading to the beach or rolling down the windows in your car. Prepare yourself for an exciting journey!
15: Sculptured Updo with Braids
In this beautiful and sophisticated work of art, the snaking black braids are sculpted into a complex maze of twists and turns, while the smooth line of the portion emphasizes the volume of the top in this elegant and sophisticated piece. In order to offer a larger sense of the braided features, the sides are smooth. Put it on if you dare!
16: Cornrows into a Statement Bun
Locks with a life of their own have traditionally been controlled by cornrows, which have been used for centuries. Control is gained by keeping the strands close to the head, while the braid of a contrasting color brings emphasis to the bun. This traditional design is appropriate for both business and pleasure and can be worn at any time and in any place.
17: Messy Bun with a Twist
This sloppy style is perfect for lounging by the pool or hiking through the woods since the thicker twist in the front keeps your hair out of your face while also adding an intriguing element. The sloppy loops provide a cool, effortless-looking texture to your adorable French braid bun, which is perfect for a day at the beach.
18: Side Braided Low Bun
The sweeping side bun evokes memories of bygone eras and is reimagined in this low braided updo with a modern twist. While the rest of the hair is left in its natural state, the free curves of the braid give this style a fresh look. Wearing this with your most formal gown or a sleek workplace jacket will ensure that you appear lovely and classy no matter where you go.
19: Rope Braid Bun
The rope braid bun is yet another alternative for a low bun. When twisted strands are braided together, they form a swirl that looks fantastic when decorated with flowers! Grab your favorite A-Line dress and get out the door looking stunning!
20: Vintage Rope Braid Updo
The rope braid updo is a great choice for females who wish to maintain their sense of heritage while looking stylish. One of the finest braided bun hairstyles for longer hair is created by weaving together a network of thicker braids into a lower bun, resulting in one of the best braided bun hairstyles for longer hair.
It may be worn on both casual and dressy occasions. You’ll have a classic appearance that everyone will remember with loose curls in the front and exquisite twists in the back!
21: Romantic Braided Bun Hairstyle For Brunettes
In this picture, Olga Kurylenko is sporting a low voluminous bun for her wavy hair. Thin side braids are merged into the charming knot, which has a delicately untidy appearance due to the wavy texture and small flyaways in the hair. Instead of side bangs, a feminine forehead-framing wave is employed to frame the face. Photograph courtesy of Featureflash / Shutterstock.com
22: Vertical Braided Roll
The possibilities for experimenting with buns are virtually limitless. Not only can you experiment with different textures and finishes, but you may also discover new forms. A vertical roll can be used as an alternative to the more usual circular bun shape. In this video, Joanne Froggatt styles a braid with a simple tuck to create a really soft and feminine appearance. Jaguar PS / Image courtesy of Shutterstock.com
23: Braids With Bun Hairstyle For Casual Looks
Summer hairstyles for long hair are popular among young women, and a top bun is a simple and pleasant option for many. What can you do to stand out from the crowd? When Jennifer Morrison adds tiny braids to the edges of her bun, it suddenly has a whimsical twist that makes it stand out even more. Hairstyles with braids in a bun, such as this one, are really hot right now! courtesy of DFree / Shutterstock.com
24: Chic Black Braided Bun
Despite the fact that Lupita Nyong’o looked adorable with short natural hair, she looks even better in beautiful braided updos. Using extensions, you may go from short locks to long braids and elegant hairstyles, such as this crown bun. The use of both thin and thick braids appears to be a highly smart mix. Photograph by HelgaEsteb / Shutterstock.com
25: Knotted Bun With Mohawk
Hairstyles may also be more creative by using many knots instead of just one large bun to show off your individuality. Vertically arranged, they can be styled in a Mohawk updo style, for example. Nina Dobrev is here to show off her wacky knotted fauxhawk, which she has created herself. It’s really stylish! Photograph by HelgaEsteb / Shutterstock.com
26: Cute Braided Bun Hairstyle
One of the most significant factors in achieving success with a hairstyle is whether or not it is acceptable for the environment in which you are wearing it. Rashida Jones’s bun is perfect for school or the office because it is small. This sleek and contemporary bun keeps your hair out of your face and prevents it from getting in your way. Photograph by HelgaEsteb / Shutterstock.com
27: Low Side Bun
The complex braided pattern on Charlize Theron’s side bun adds to the beauty of the look. The inverted braid that begins at the right ear is joined with the braid on the opposite side, and the two braids are then tied together into a side knot at the back of the head. It certainly appears to be a task for a professional, doesn’t it? courtesy of DFree / Shutterstock.com
28: Cool French Braid Bun
During the 2014 Creative Emmy Awards, Genevieve Hannelius experimented with the appearance of a lovely young fairy. Adding to the elegance of her flowing floor-length gown was a lovely braided hairdo that had an excellent heart-shaped motif. Photograph by HelgaEsteb / Shutterstock.com
29: Sleek Braided Bun With A Jeweled Headband
Despite the fact that the majority of the season’s most fashionable buns are created from a base of tousled locks, you can always include the notion of a dazzling polished updo into your hairstyle variations for special events.
Because Emmy Rossum’s sleek, glossy bun appears to be so gentle and delicate, we can easily envision it as a beautiful bridal updo for her. Photograph by HelgaEsteb / Shutterstock.com
30: Crown Bun With A Braided Trim
If you want to create a large bun, you may use bun makers, which allow you to create large buns quickly and easily. They maintain their form and have a stylish crown-like appearance. An elegant thin braid is wrapped around the base of Shaun Robinson’s bun, giving it a refined appearance. Photograph by HelgaEsteb / Shutterstock.com
31: Charming Braids And Bun Hairstyle
Jessica Lowndes opts for a sophisticated updo that includes a center part and two diverging French braids with their ends wrapped behind the left ear into a charming tiny bun on the side. To project the image of Lady Perfection, the appropriate hairdo is essential! Photograph courtesy of Featureflash / Shutterstock.com
32: Sleek Braided Ballerina Bun
The ballerina bun, worn high on the top of your head, is a timeless design that never goes out of style, even when we are all infatuated with the messy hairstyle trend. Amanda Seyfried’s ballerina is decorated with a thick braid, which serves to support the stunning 3D appliqué on her dress that she is wearing. Photograph by JStone / Shutterstock.com
33: Side Bun From Skinny Dreadlocks For Natural Hair
Ava Du Vernay uses slender dreadlocks to add length to her natural hair, which she finds appealing. While bulky dreadlocks are typically worn freely hanging or in basic hairstyles such as low ponies, tiny dreadlocks may be styled into box breads or thin twists to provide a more sophisticated look. They look stunning in a variety of updos and styles. Shutterstock.com image courtesy of CarlaVanWagoner
34: Boho Crown Braid
It is not exactly a bun, but rather a gorgeous braided hairdo that is evocative of braided buns that is demonstrated by Anna Paquin. A very loose braid is fashioned in a circle, creating a sort of crown shape. Photograph by s bukley / Shutterstock.com
35: Braided Bun On The Crown For A Round Face
In order to get a stylish updo for a round face, try a braided bun that sits high on the crown. In this photo, Hong Chau is sporting an adorable compact braided bun, which is built on the foundation of a high slick pony. Maintaining the tail of your braid sticking out of the bun will give your hairdo an extra whimsical touch. Photograph by Helga Esteb / Shutterstock.com Hairstyles with braided buns are usually incredibly feminine, and buns are a pleasant way to wear your medium and long length hair.
Keep track of the concepts you like and don’t be scared to experiment with different style methods!
28 Braided Updos to Upgrade Your Basic Bun
Hairstyles with braids are particularly attractive since they may quickly improve your attractiveness appearance. Hair up gives off a polished, sophisticated vibe, and adding braids to the mix makes it much more intriguing and current! No one can argue that an elegant, precise braided updo grabs the attention more than your typical untidy bun does. In case you’re looking for a quick and easy approach to boost your standard updo, let us introduce you to the braided bun hairstyles featured below.
first step: PREP YOUR HAIR
Hairstyles with braids are particularly attractive since they may quickly improve your beautiful appearance. When you wear your hair up, you exude a polished, sophisticated air—and adding braids to the mix makes it even more intriguing and on-trend! There’s simply no doubting that an elegant, precise braided updo grabs the attention more than your typical untidy bun.
In case you’re looking for a quick and easy approach to modify your standard updo, let us introduce you to the braided bun hairstyles that follow. Trust us when we say that you’ll want to try them all, from the French braid bun to the traditional brunette hairstyle!
braided updo1: the brun
The brunette updo is a mix of braid and bun that will have you looking and feeling put-together in no time. You may learn how to make the brun hairstyle by reading our article, Braid Meets Bun: How to Get a Brun Hairstyle, which includes detailed step-by-step instructions.
braided updo2: braided headband
This romantic braided updo is actually more easy to do than it appears, and it can be worn with any makeup look to complete the appearance! Given that you’ll need (at the very least) medium-length strands in order to pull this off, be prepared to sacrifice some length. Starting with the instruction in our article, How to Get a Braided Headband Hairstyle, twist the rest of your hair into a low bun and secure with a hair tie.
braided updo3: french braid bun
When two of our favorite traditional hairstyles, the French braid and the bun, are combined, you get a timeless appearance that is suited for any occasion. It’s also incredibly adaptable: you can either sweep your French braid into a high, tight bun or let it free and low to complement your outfit.
braided updo4: french-braided chignon
Just in case you didn’t already know, the term “chignon” refers to a fancy way of saying “low bun.” Adding one (or two!) French braids down either side of a trendy low chignon, which is appropriate for both daytime business and nighttime events, is a simple way to jazz up your look.
braided updo5: tucked braided updo
The tucked braid updo is inspired by a sleek, low chignon that has been wrapped in a braid—what that’s it looks like. In addition to being a fantastic braided updo to flaunt at work and during your evening activities, this look is also surprisingly easy to do. Here’s how to achieve a tucked braided updo, as demonstrated in our video guide.
braided updo6: braided top knot
Here’s a fresh spin on an old favorite: Put your hair into a tight ponytail at the top of your head and secure it with a hair tie. Following that, just braid your ponytail and then wrap it around its own base to produce a top knot at the end. Simply secure your braided top knot bun with a few bobby pins to complete the look. It’s really that simple to achieve this polished, well-put-together look.
braided updo7: double braided updo
What could be better than a single braid? There are two braids! Divide your hair down the center and create two loose French braids on either side of your head to get this style. Combining both braids into a single ponytail that hangs low at the nape of your neck is the next step. Wrap your ponytail into a basic bun and secure it with bobby pins as required to keep it in place.
braided updo8: crown braid
This braid is a little looser than the braided headband, but it goes all the way around your head, giving you 360 degrees of beauty. As a festival goer, wedding guest, or even for your own wedding, don’t be afraid to experiment with this style. It’s very breathtaking. The technique does need some skill, which is why we’ve put together a comprehensive guide on how to construct a crown braid on yourself. Learn how to make a beautiful crown braid in this tutorial.
braided updo9: double french-braided buns
Are you ready to make a statement? This outfit has a certain throwback vibe about it, which we just like. Creating two low-hanging French braids on either side of your head, then wrapping and securing each braid into a low bun is how to get this look.
Pro tip: If you want to create a style that is truly unique, add some streaks of color with the L’Oréal Paris Colorista Hair Makeup 1-Day Color, which you can effortlessly swipe on after your strands have already been braided, for a truly stunning look.
braided updo10: double dutch-braided buns
The Dutch braid is the reversal of the French braid, and it creates a more dramatic end look—despite the fact that it’s just as easy, if not even easier, to produce! The doubled-up updo may be achieved by simply parting your strands down the center and creating a Dutch braid on either side of your head, ending it approximately halfway down your head and fixing it with a hair elastic. Then twist and tie each side together to form a bun. Go to our article, How to Dutch Braid Your Hair, for a detailed instruction on how to create the Dutch braid that acts as the foundation for this style.
braided updo11: dutch fishtail
Making one (or two) fishtail braids and then tying them back into a low chignon is all that is required to get this gorgeous braided updo. Make the braid and bun neat for a sleek appearance, or leave things a little more messy for a more easygoing approach.
braided updo12: double crown braid
This braided updo requires a certain amount of expertise, so you might want to ask the assistance of a friend. It entails doubling up the crown braid with two braided strands—you may make them both the same size or experiment with different braid widths—and then braiding them together.
braided updo13: peek-a-boo braided bun
When it comes to a style that is all business in the front and all party in the back, the peek-a-boo braided bun is the way to go. A standard top knot, whether untidy or clean, with a Dutch or French braid sneaking up the back, running from the nape of your neck all the way up to your bun is what you’re thinking about. Have you gotten the picture? It’s also really simple to put together, which is a significant plus. The only thing you have to do is leave the bottom piece of your bun out, then proceed to braid it as desired and secure the braid where it meets your bun.
braided updo14: halo braid
This braided updo is created by combining Dutch and fishtail braids into an angel-like loop (also known as a halo), and it may be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. To obtain the appearance, follow these instructions: Mixed Halo Braid Tutorial to Make You Look Like an Angel.
braided updo15: side-parted french braided bun
Changing things up may be as simple as altering up your hair part from time to time. Make a deep side split in your hair for a more refined spin on the braided low bun. It’s just stunning!
braided updo16: zipper braided bun
To be quite honest, perfecting the zipper braiding method will take some time and effort, but the ultimate product will be well worth it. To get this updo, create a zipper braid down the middle of your head and then tie it into a low-hanging bun. Please don’t be concerned; we have provided you with a simple step-by-step instruction to assist you. How to Make a Zipper Braid is outlined below.
braided updo17: waterfall braided bun
Another beautiful braiding method that is both ageless and much easy to construct than it appears to be? The waterfall braid is a popular style. Simply waterfall braid your strands like you normally would, then pull the remainder of your hair into a low bun, pinning it down directly beneath where the “waterfall” is supposed to fall. To find out how to do a waterfall braid, continue reading this article.
braided updo18: mix and match braided bun
Rather than following a specific pattern, this braided updo is created by combining your favorite braid patterns (Dutch, French, Zipper, or regular ol’ braid) and twisting your hair into a bun.
For extra styling ideas, check out How to Create the Perfect Mix and Match Braided Ponytail.
braided updo19: asymmetrical braided updo
Make your braids even more intriguing by altering the size and symmetry of the individual braids. Make braids on both sides of your head, with one side being shorter than the other. Use any braiding method you like to do this. Attach both braids into a low bun and secure withbobby pins on the shorter side of the head.
braided updo20: box braids bun
For those of you who already have stunning box braids, this braided updo is a quick and easy method to obtain a sophisticated hairdo in no time at all. Using your box braids —yes, all of them—sweep them into a bun on the top of your head, twisting a few of the smaller braids around the front for an eye-catching effect. Using a handful of bobby pins, put your bun in place. Then, spritz on some L’Oréal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray Extra Strong Hold to ensure that everything remains in place.
braided updo21: fairy braid updo
Add a few little fairy braids to your already-gorgeous bun to complete the look. Using only a few very little parts of your hair on the top of your part, braid them together and secure them with a thin hair band. Then, draw all of your hair back into a low bun, letting the mini fairy braids to remain on top of both sides of your part on each side of your part.
braided updo22: braid faux hawk
Consider a mohawk, but instead of slicing your strands, the heightened portion of your hair will be created via a braiding technique (we think a teased Dutch braid works best). Making use of the remainder of your hair, make a low ponytail at the nape of your neck, maintaining the primary attention on your Dutch braided faux hawk. Learn how to rock a faux hawk hairstyle in this tutorial.
braided updo23: half-headband braided updo
This is most likely the image that springs to mind when you think of a braided updo. Simply decide how you want to split your hair, then braid the hair from one side into a French braid, being sure to pancake the braid for more volume. Simple as that. Then, tie the remainder of your strands together into a bun—it may be untidy or neat, it’s entirely up to you.
braided updo24: side fishtail braided bun
Is it really necessary for your bun to fall precisely in the centre of your head? The converse is true: moving it over to one side of your head gives any braided hairdo an instant boost in volume and dimension. What’s even more amazing? Adding a fishtail braid to your side-swept bun will complete the look. Stunning!
braided updo25: messy, wavy braided updo
When all else fails, a sloppy updo is the one thing that will always look good. What’s even better? Bring in a few of braids to the unruly mix and pin them into your bun as you see appropriate for a Boho-glam final effect.
braided updo26: crochet braided bun
Crochet braidextensions already require a significant amount of time to put in, so you’re probably looking for quick and simple updos. Fortunately, it only takes approximately 10 seconds to complete this examination! Simply use as many bobby pins as you need to secure your crochet micro braids into a huge bun on the top of your head. That’s all there is to it!
braided updo27: space bun braids
Looking for a braided updo that is truly out of this world? Look no further. Transform contemporary space buns by putting braids into the design, which will instantly elevate this hairstyle to a higher level of sophistication.
First and foremost, you’ll need to know how to do space buns, which we’ve made easy for you with this tutorial: How to Make Space Buns is outlined below.
braided updo28: triple-braided bun
The triple-braided bun is the final, but certainly not the least, of the treats (as pictured above). Simply told, when it comes to building your bun, three braids are preferable—and far larger—than one single braid. Now that you’ve mastered all of these beautiful braided updos, may we advise that you branch out and incorporate a few throwback trends into your styling arsenal as well? Check out these 20 90’s hairstyles that will transport you back in time.