How to Do Space Buns
My confusion about how to pronounce the name of this restaurant was alleviated by the manager’s knowledge of everything pertaining to this new hot place on Las Olas, Steve, who was also quite polite and inviting. The term Bao is pronounced similarly to how, currently, cow, bow, and other similar things are spoken. When you arrive, they will inform you that the name Bao in Mandarin means treasure, and that is precisely what this restaurant is. On the intersection of East Las Olas and a tiny river, this property is ideal for anyone who like to be near water.
On the outside, there is live music, and inside, there is soothing music.
We began by sharing a bowl of Miso soup amongst the three of us.
I was pumped up and ready to go.
- Spicy Tuna Roll with cucumber and avocado, topped with crushed cassava crackers, was our choice.
- Huge, delectable, and unusual.
- We were eager to try new things, so after ordering a bottle of Pinot Grigio, we proceeded to purchase a variety of small plates to share.
- These were excellent and I plan to return to try some more tapas and meals next time I’m in town.
- Because Las Olas Boulevard includes a large number of metered parking facilities and on-street parking, finding a spot is a breeze.
- Using a comb, brush your hair and part it down the center. Comb your hair until it’s smooth and free of knots or tangles, then style it as desired. And make a center part for your hair, use the handle of a rat-tail comb to run it down the middle of your head from your forehead to your nape
- 2 Make two pigtails in a row. Choose whether you want them to be high on the top of your head or low on each side of your nape—experiment to find out what works best for you. Smooth down the hair that will be pulled into the pigtails so that they are smooth and neat when they are finished. Hair ties in the color of your hair should be used to secure the pigtails.
- Allow a few strands around your forehead to hang free for a smoother finish.
- Leaving certain hairs around your forehead untied will give you a gentler appearance
- If you like, you may wrap three-combhair extensions around the base of your pigtails as an alternative option. This will assist you in getting a bit greater volume
- 4Make your initial pigtail into a rope by twisting it over itself. Take one of your pigtails and twist it away from your face, forming a rope around your neck. The tighter you twist the rope, the sleeker and smaller your bun will come out
- 5Circle the rope into a bun and secure it with a hair band to keep it from falling down. Wrap the rope around the base of the pigtail to secure it in place. To avoid damaging your face, wrap the scarf away from you rather than towards it. Tuck the end of your hair into the bun, and then wrap another hair tie around the base of the bun
- 5 To make the second bun, repeat the procedure. Twist the second pigtail into a rope, then wrap it into a bun to finish it off. Secure the bun with a hair tie after tucking the ends of the rope under it 7 Make any necessary adjustments to your buns. Here’s where you may let your imagination run wild. Using your fingers, gently tug on the outside edges of the buns to loosen the strands if you want them to be messier or more voluminous. To add even more volume to your buns, gently tug on the hair that is being pulled into them to loosen it up. Consider the hair on the top of your head and the sides of your head
- Make your first pigtail into a rope by twisting it around the first pigtail of your second. Twist one of your pigtails away from your face, and you’ll have a rope of hair. The tighter you twist the rope, the sleeker and smaller the bun will come out
- 5Circle the rope into a bun and secure it with a hair band to keep it from falling out. The rope should be tied around the base of the pigtail. To avoid damaging your face, wrap it away from you rather than towards it. Tuck the end of your hair into the bun, and then wrap another hair tie around the base of the bun
- 6 To make the second bun, repeat the process. Make a rope out of the second pigtail and then twist it into a bun. Secure the bun with a hair tie after tucking the rope ends beneath it
- 7 Make any last adjustments to your buns. The possibilities are endless for you here. Using your fingers, gently tug on the outside edges of the buns to loosen the strands if you want them to seem messier or more voluminous. Using a little tug on the hair that is being pulled into the buns, you may add even more volume to the style. Consider the hair on the top of your head and the sides of your head first.
- 8Spray the space buns with hairspray to hold them in place. If your buns are feeling a little loose, use bobby pins to hold them in place. You can use as many bobby pins as you need. To finish your look, spritz it with hairspray and let it to dry.
- 1Brush your hair and then make a center part with it. Make sure your hair is lovely and silky by combing it. The handle of a rat-tail comb may be used to create a center part in the midst of your hairstyle. Begin at the top of your head and work your way down to the nape of your neck. Using your left half of your hair, drape it over your left shoulder, and your right half over your right shoulder
- 2 Pull one-half of your hair up into a loose bun to keep it off of your face and out of your way. Take the right part of your hair and bind it up with a hair tie to keep it in place. You can wear your hair in a loose bun or even pigtails. This is irrelevant
- The aim is to keep this part of your hair out of your way while you work on the other half. 3 On the left side of your head, pull your hair into a half-up ponytail. Create a horizontal portion on the left side of your head, about at the level of your eyebrows. Make a center part in the rear of your head, beginning at the hairline and finishing at the center part in the front of your head. Organize the hair above the part into a high ponytail and tie it off with a hair knot.
- If you want to wear your ponytail on the top-side of your head, rather than the back-center of your head, do so like a dog ear.
- 4If wanted, tease your ponytail a little. Because you will be dealing with less hair than you would while constructing a standard space bun, it would be a good idea to tease your ponytail a bit before you start working. Backcomb your ponytail towards the hair knot with a brush after lifting strands of hair from your ponytail
- 5 Twist the ponytail into a bun and bind it with a hair tie to finish the look. To begin, twist the ponytail away from your face to form a rope with your hair. After that, coil the rope around the base of the ponytail to form a bun with the hair. Tuck the ends of the rope beneath the bun and secure it with a hair tie at the base
- 4If wanted, tease your ponytail a little bit more back. Because you will be dealing with less hair than you would while constructing a standard space bun, it would be a good idea to tease your ponytail a little bit before starting. Backcomb your ponytail towards the hair knot with a brush after lifting strands of hair from it. 5 Twist the ponytail into a bun and fasten it with a hair tie to complete the look. Before anything else, twist the ponytail away from your face to form a rope. Afterwards, coil the rope around the ponytail’s base to form a bun. Tuck the ends of the rope beneath the bun and secure it with a hair tie at the base.
- 4If wanted, tease your ponytail. Because you will be dealing with less hair than you would while constructing a standard space bun, it might be a good idea to tease your ponytail a bit. Backcomb your ponytail towards the hair knot with a brush after lifting strands of hair from it
- 5 Make a bun out of your ponytail and fasten it with a hair tie. To begin, twist the ponytail away from your face to form a rope. After that, twist the rope around the base of the ponytail to form a bun with your hair. Then, using a hair tie, secure the bun at the base.
- 4Tease your ponytail if desired. Because you are dealing with less hair than you would while constructing a basic space bun, it might be a good idea to tease your ponytail a bit. Simply pull strands of your ponytail and backcomb them towards the hair knot with a brush
- 5 Twist the ponytail into a bun and fasten it with a hair tie. First, twist the ponytail away from your face to form a rope. After that, coil the rope around the base of the ponytail to form a bun. Tuck the ends of the rope beneath the bun, and then wrap a hair tie around the bun’s base.
- Finish by misting the space buns with hairspray after you’ve made any last adjustments. If your buns are feeling a little loose, use bobby pins to bind them to your hair. Once you’re satisfied with the overall appearance, softly spritz your hair with hairspray to finish it off. Allow the hairspray to dry completely before heading out
- 8Put any final touches on the space buns and spritz them with hairspray. The bobby pins should be used to hold the buns in place if they are feeling a little loose. Lightly sprinkle your hair with hairspray after you’re satisfied with the overall look. Prior of going out, let the hairspray to dry completely.
- If you’re looking for something a little more complicated, consider half-up pigtails.
- 3 Braid the pigtails and bind them with clear hair elastics to complete the look. The initial pigtail should be divided into three equal sections. Cross the left and right sections over the central strand to form the braid. Once you’ve used up all of your hair, bind the braid with a clear hair elastic wrapped around the end of it. Repeat this procedure with the other pigtail as well.
- 3 Clear hair elastics are used to secure the pigtails in place. The first pigtail should be divided into three equal sections. Cross the left and right sections over the central strand to produce the braid. Once you’ve used up all of your hair, secure the braid with a clear hair elastic wrapped around the end. Carry on with same procedure with the other pigtail as well.
- 4 If desired, pull on the outside loops of the braids to make them appear more volumized. You are not need to do this, but it is a fantastic technique to add volume to your hair, especially if it is really thin in the first place. Gently tug on the outer loops of the braid starting at the bottom and working your way up till the top
- Repeat the same with the other braid
- If you used a 2-strand rope braid, you may skip this step. It is important not to pull too hard or the braid will come undone.
- 5 Tie the braids into buns and fasten them with hair ties to keep them in place. Pick up the left braid and wrap it around the hair tie to form a bun on the top of your head. Tuck the braid’s end beneath the bun, and then wrap another hair tie around the bun’s base. Repeat with the other braid. Then repeat the process for the other braid.
- If you want to make a regular bun, do not twist the braids into a rope like you would for that.
- 6 Make any necessary adjustments to your hair, then spritz it with hairspray. If your buns are feeling a little loose, pin them down along the side borders to the rest of your hair, using as many bobby pins as necessary. As soon as you are satisfied with the appearance of your space buns, spritz them with hairspray and allow the hairspray to dry
- Straightening the remainder of your hair for a smoother look is recommended if you wore braided half-up buns.
Create a new question
- QuestionWhat should I do if I have really curly hair? Straightening procedures that do not require heat are available (check out How toStraighten Your Hair Without Heat). In fact, I believe that messier, curlier buns look better than perfectly straight ones. I’ve seen folks with really curly hair pull it off without having to straighten their hair beforehand. In the event that it is really difficult to obtain an even part or to get the hair to twist, try drying it rather than getting it wet. How can I accomplish this with hair that is prone to tangling? There are a plethora of solutions available to help you untangle your hair. Aside than that, I recommend moving extremely slowly and gently, combing your hair and untangling any tangles as you go
- Question Is it possible to braid the pigtail instead of twisting it? Certainly, braid the ponytails, then wrap them around like buns and put them in place with bobby pins
- Question What is the best way to get my hair straight without brushing it too hard? Mackenzie RomeroAnswer from the Community You may always use a straightener, but be sure to maintain the heat on a low setting. It is not required to be perfectly straight. Once on low, increase the intensity by one level
- Question everything. What is the best way to make bigger buns? Making the buns looser will make them look larger, and this is something you can do
- Question Is it still possible for me to do it if I have really long hair? EmmaLee HudginsAnswer from the Community Yes, it is possible. They may appear larger, though, depending on how tightly you twist or braid your hair
- Question What can I do to make them seem more even? Answer from the Writersgem Community Make sure your middle parting is equal and straight. Using a large number of bobby pins and beginning with pigtails is also a good idea. Is it possible to accomplish this with short hair? It is recommended to use low buns instead of high buns if the length of your hair is insufficient to reach high up onto your head
- Question How can I make them even and ensure that they don’t wriggle around? Use bobby pins to keep them from wriggling, and if you don’t have any bobby pins, use more hair ties to keep them in place. Take your hair and equally divide it down the center, using the middle hair line, to get an even distribution. Question Is it still possible to do space buns if my hair is barely up to my shoulders? A half-up, half-down style, as seen in part 2, should be doable with your current amount of hair.
More information on the replies Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. Submit
VideoRead Video Transcript
- Make the space buns as clean and elegant as you like, or as loose and sloppy as you want
- The choice is yours. Make some streaks in your hair with hair chalk before you begin to give it a more colorful appearance.
Make the space buns as clean and elegant as you like, or as loose and sloppy as you want; the possibilities are endless. Preparing your hair with chalk before you begin can give it a more vivid appearance.
Things You’ll Need
- Hairbrush, rat-tail comb, four hair ties, Bobby pins, hairspray
- Hairbrush, rat-tail comb, four hair ties, Bobby pins, hairspray
- Comb with a rat’s tail
- 4 hair ties are required. 2 hair elastics in transparent plastic
- Bobby pins are used for this. Hairspray
About This Article
Summary of the ArticleXTo style your hair into space buns, part your hair down the center. Then, using hair ties, knot each part of your hair into a pigtail on the other side. Twist one of the pigtails with both hands to make it a little more secure. You will achieve smaller and firmer space buns if you twist your hair in a tighter manner. Continue wrapping the twisted hair around the base of the pigtail many times until you have around 4 inches (10 cm) of hair remaining. Put the end of your pigtail below the bun you’ve just created, and secure the bun by putting a bobby pin in the end of your hair where it tucks under the bun and through the bun.
Finally, spritz your space buns with hairspray to ensure that they stay in place throughout the day.
Continue reading for more information, including instructions on how to create braided space buns. Did you find this overview to be helpful? The writers of this page have together authored a page that has been read 552,378 times.
Did this article help you?
Messy buns, ballerina buns, braided buns – it’s safe to say that there’s a perfect bun hairstyle for any occasion out there. When it comes to errands, a sloppy bun is appropriate, a ballerina bun is appropriate for an interview, and a braided bun is appropriate for a special occasion. But what about the joyful, carefree bun hairdo that we can’t seem to get enough of these days? The hairdo with space buns! You can safely argue that this hairstyle is out of this world—but it’s not out of reach for you.
HOW TO GET A SPACE BUNS HAIRSTYLE
Gather your materials and then begin working on your space bun style. What you’ll need is the following: a brush for your hair Elastics that are transparent Bobby pins are a kind of pin. Advanced Hairstyle from L’Oréal Paris LOCK IT DOWN Controlling the Weather Hairspray How to get the look:
STEP1: BRUSH YOUR HAIR
Start by gathering your ingredients and attempting to recreate the space bun look. You’ll need the following supplies: Blow dryer with a comb Elastics that are visible through the clear. With bobby pins, you may create a professional appearance. Advanced Hairstyle by L’Oréal Paris IT MUST BE SECURE Controlling the weather. Hairspray Obtain the look by visiting the following website:
STEP2: PART YOUR HAIR
By making a center part in your hair, you may divide it into two equal portions. It is critical to ensure that your part is as straight as possible, with the equal amount of hair on either side, since this will make or break your overall space bun appearance!
STEP3: CREATE SOME PONYTAILS
One part of hair should be gathered and tied into a ponytail at the top of your head, toward the back. Make sure to smooth out any kinks that may occur during the process. Your ponytail’s location can be customized to suit your needs; however, bear in mind that the base of your ponytail will be located where your space bun is. Following the completion of one ponytail on one side of your portion, proceed to build a duplicate ponytail on the other side. You don’t want your space buns to seem asymmetrical, so make sure you duplicate your positioning!
STEP4: MAKE YOUR BUNS
To create your space buns, you’ll want to wrap the length of your hair around the base of your ponytail from the front to the back. Hold this newly formed bun in place while you pin it down with bobby pins to finish it off. Make sure to use bobby pins that are the same color as your hair for a seamless appearance! Repeat the process on the opposite side.
STEP5: SEAL THE DEAL
Hairspray should be used to finish the appearance since you don’t want all of your hard work to go to waste. That’s all there is to it, unless you want to go all out and accessorize your space buns for a truly beautiful look. More on it in a moment!
3 WAYS TO MAKE YOUR SPACE BUNS OTHER-WORLDLY
Want to improve the look of your space bun style even further? There are a variety of ways you can make your space buns seem extraterrestrial, and we’ve included three of our favorites below.
OPTION1: ADD COLOR
Surely you agree that such a colorful haircut goes wonderfully with such a joyful color palette? Make your buns pop with a temporary hair color from theL’Oréal Paris Colorista 1-Day Spray or theL’Oréal Paris Colorista Hair Makeup 1-Day Colorlines. Get creative with your hair color!
It’s easy to maintain your space buns hairdo with temporary hair colors from both lines because they wash away in only one shampoo. Instead of going full out with color, you may use the wash out hair color to highlight your roots only—this is one of our favorite festival season looks.
OPTION2: ADD GLITTER
Besides being a major hair color trend right now (hello, festival hair), glitter roots are also the perfect technique to help your space buns style seem like it came straight out of the Milky Way. Sprinkle some glitter throughout your roots and finish the look with some hairspray for a quick and easy look.
OPTION3: ADD FUN HAIR TIES
When everything is said and done, there is no easier way to personalize a space buns hairstyle than by using a few colorful hair ties to bring it all together. Remove the transparent elastics from your wardrobe and replace them with cuffs, coils, and bows. After you’ve finished building your space buns, you can dress them up with a colorful accessory such as a hair clip or a flower crown. You have the entire universe of accessorizing at your disposal. Now that you’ve learned how to do space buns, as well as a few tips and tricks for taking your space buns hairdo to the next level, why not learn how to create the ideal makeup look to go with them?
5 Ways To Do Space Buns at Home With Inspo Looks
In the 1990s, space buns were a tremendously fashionable hairstyle that has just re-emerged in popularity. The hairstyle is characterized by two buns that are worn on the top of the head, with popular variations including braided buns and half-up, half-down versions of the style. Space buns, which are beloved by celebrities like as Miley Cyrus and Ariana Grande, are the perfect way to infuse a little carefree fun into your look, whether you’re traveling to a summer festival or one more party before the year is up.
Which tutorial are you going to choose?
’90s Space Buns
Are you prepared to learn how to make space buns? Begin by taking a comb and creating a zig-zag parting from the front of your hair all the way down to the nape of your neck with it. Step No. 2
Create 2 high ponytails.
Make two high ponytails and secure them with a small hair tie to complete the look. Make sure to leave a few strands of hair loose around your face, as this will give you a more face-flattering appearance. Step number three.
Create a small braid in each ponytail.
Take a little bit of hair from the underside of one of your ponytails and twist it into your space buns to give them a more distinctive and textured look. Braid this piece into a typical 3-strand braid all the way down to the ends – don’t worry about fastening it now; we’ll take care of that later on. Step number four.
Plump up the volume.
Then, using your hands, gently tease your hair back towards the roots, scrunching the substance into your hair. Adding this will give your space buns the extra texture and attitude they require! Step number five.
Wrap your hair into space buns.
Gather the ends of each ponytail together and twist them together to make a bun shape, being care to leave the braided area of your hair untangled for the time being. Using bobby pins, pin your buns into the position you want them to be in. Step 6: Organize your thoughts and feelings about the situation.
Wrap the plaits around the buns.
Wrap your braids around your freshly formed buns, then secure your style with bobby pins and clear hair elastics to keep your appearance in place. Step 7 – Organize your time and resources.
Set your style.
Applying hairspray all over your crazy space buns will help them stay longer into the night and keep them looking fresh. In this eighth step, you will learn how to use a comma to separate the words “and” and “and not.”
The result? Fabulous space buns fit for a party in only minutes! Though it’s not necessary, curling or crimping the front sections of your hair may elevate your style to a whole new level, and it’s definitely something to experiment with!
Low Space Buns
Begin by priming your hair with theVO5 Express Primer Spray, which detangles your locks while also reducing those annoying flyaways and frizz. Separate your hair (down the center) into two equal portions by using a comb or your fingers to divide it evenly. Next, bind each portion into two low ponytails using hairbands to complete the look. Step No. 2
Tease and Twist Your Pigtail.
It’s now time to get down to business! Take your first ponytail and gently twist it all the way down to the end of your hair. Repeat with your second ponytail. Step number three.
Create a Bun.
To make a bun form, begin by wrapping your hair around the base of the ponytail and continuing to wrap until you have a bun shape. Once you’ve achieved the desired shape, pin it in place with as many bobby pins as necessary to keep the style in place. Step number four.
Create Your Second Bun.
To construct your second bun, tease and twist your second ponytail like you did with the first. Step number five.
And There You Have It!
Double low buns that will be the talk of the party at your next gathering!
Braided Space Buns
Looking for another really adorable method to style your hair? Look no further. Then these braided space buns could just be the answer to all of your hair prayers. These retro-looking double buns, which are inspired by the ’90s, are as at home on lazy, casual weekends as they are for the forthcoming party season, which is fast approaching.
Braided Half-Up, Half-Down Space Buns
Is it necessary to have a hairstyle that can survive any event and last you throughout the season? If this is the case, the half-up, half-down space buns hairstyle is a great option. Check out the video below to see what occurred when vloggerN1kk1sSecr3t demonstrated how to get this amazing half-up hybrid style, and then give it a shot yourself!
Classic Half-Up, Half-Down Space Buns
Need a hairdo that will hold up to any event and last you throughout the season? Look no further. If this is the case, the half-up, half-down space buns hairstyle is the perfect choice. Check out the video below to see what happened when vloggerN1kk1sSecr3t demonstrated how to get this fantastic half-up hybrid style, and then give it a try for yourself.
Space Buns Inspiration
Now that you’ve mastered the fundamentals of this look, it’s time to discover all of the various wonderful ways you can wear it.
Glittery Zig-Zag Space Buns
Photograph courtesy of Instagram.com/leanneslaterstudios Did you know that glitter and festivals go together like peanut butter and jelly? Adding some glitter and sparkle to your space buns (or any other hairdo for that matter!) is an easy and enjoyable way to dress them up!
With her zig-zag split buns and glitter-sprinkled roots, this Instagrammer is giving us some festival hair envy. Follow her on Instagram. Credit:@leanneslaterstudios
Half-Up, Half-Down Glitter Space Buns For Short Hair
Glitter space buns that are half-up and half-down. Photograph courtesy of Instagram.com/populationsalon In the case of short hair, a half-up, half-down style is ideal for achieving space buns for short hair. Your fringe should be left untouched, and you should collect the remaining top part of your hair into two small buns. Before you venture out to the fields, sprinkling some glitter and donning your favorite pair of sunglasses will set the tone for some serious glam. Credit:@populationsalon
Voluminous Afro Space Buns
Afro space buns with a lot of volume. Photograph courtesy of Instagram.com/futura cacheada Do you have afro or curly hair? You’re in luck: when arranged into large buns, these hair types appear really attractive and fashionable. Because, if you ask us, larger is always preferable to smaller! Credit:@futura cacheada
Sleek Glittery Space Buns
Glittery space buns, to be precise. Photograph courtesy of Instagram.com/hairbyjaxx If you’re anything like us, and you’re infatuated with all things glitter, then why not go all out with the dazzle and cover your whole head with it? Don’t forget to create two messy buns to round off the ensemble. You’ll be ready to hit the dance floor in no time! Credit:@hairbyjaxx
Rainbow Half-Up, Half-Down Space Buns
Half-up, half-down space buns in a rainbow of colors. Photograph courtesy of Instagram.com/nealmhair Everything just looks so much better on people with multi-colored hair, don’t you think? What better way to show off your ombre locks than with a lovely half-up, half-down space bun? You’ll be sure to turn heads everywhere you go with this outfit! Credit:@nealmhair
Starry Space Buns
Space buns with a nebula on top. Photograph courtesy of Instagram.com/ nicquelxoxo Do you have a glimmer in your eye? Consider using moon or star-shaped sequins into your space buns hairdo for a look that is truly out of this world! You could even finish off the appearance by spritzing your buns with a contrasting colored hairspray (we recommend a blue, green or purple hue to tie in with the galaxy theme). Credit:@ nicquelxoxo
Ombre Space Buns
Ombre space buns in a variety of colors. Photograph courtesy of Instagram.com/prettyinpattern If you’re not a fan of all the glitter, don’t worry: regularombrespace buns are still very much in style. Space buns that are both sloppy and refined in appearance look great with ombre hair. Experiment with different bun sizes to find out which one fits best with your hairstyle! Credit:@prettyinpattern
Sign up to our newsletter and get exclusive hair care tips and tricks from the experts at All Things Hair.
Women’s hairstyling trends in recent years have included space buns, which are definitely a show stopper. ‘Space bun’ is defined as a ‘hairstyle sported by Princess Leia in the Star Wars film A New Hope’ according to the urban dictionary. This wonderful haircut is also worn and admired by many Hollywood celebrities, whom we will not mention here. It has that ’90s feel to it (think Gwen Stefani and Björk), and it has made the most beautiful comeback in recent memory.
Piggytail buns are a lot of fun to wear since they are simple and completely effortless. It takes less than 5 minutes to put them together, which makes them quite convenient for everyday wear.
Where Does the Name Space Buns Come from?
The spacebun hairstyle has a long history, even if you don’t believe it yourself! We now have one of the most popular haircuts in the world, thanks to the Star Wars saga and Princess Leia’s signature look. Carrie Fisher ignored her mother’s warnings not to take parts that required her to wear unusual haircuts, despite the fact that she had been warned. We have the advantage of having to contribute something. However, in a recent interview, George Lucas admitted that he had a difficult time coming up with a distinctive haircut for Princess Leia to wear in the film series.
Lucas stated that he drew influence from ancient Mexican literature and history.
She embodies the traditional revolutionary appearance that George Lucas envisioned for Princess Leia.
Several years later, fan investigations revealed that the hairdo may potentially be associated with the Native American Hopi tribe.
How to Do Space Buns
You may obtain a fantastic haircut that will allow you to travel into space in a matter of minutes by following a few simple steps. You’ll need bobby pins (which we always seem to misplace), hairbands, and a brush for this. If you want your buns to linger longer, you may spray them with hairspray as well. Do you think you’ve got it all? Let’s get this party started!
- 1st step: Comb through your hair, making sure to brush it all the way down to the ends
- Second step: Step 2 – At this point, you can part your hair. If you want to make your buns appear even more fascinating, part your hair in a zig-zag pattern. Normally, ladies part their hair in the middle. It is entirely up to you
- To make side ponytails, use your brush to separate the two sections of your hair that are separated by your brush. Make sure your ponytails are positioned high on your head, in the middle of your face
- Step 4 – Tease your ponytails with a brush if you want to add additional volume to them. Fifth, twist and coil your hair into a string, and then wrap it around your head in a bun
- And To complete the appearance, secure your hair with an extra set of elastics and a few bobby pins that are fastened under the elastics.
Watch the following video to learn how to create a DIY space bun hairstyle in a quick and simple manner.
How to Style Braided Space Buns
See How to Create a DIY Space Bun Hairstyle in a Short and Simple Time in the Video Below.
- Step 1: Create a central parting in your hair and divide it into two equal halves. Step 2 – Begin braiding your right side of the head by taking a section of your hair and dividing it into two halves
- 3rd step: you should tear off a little section of hair from the outside of your left hand
- Fourth, cross this hair across and incorporate it into the right-hand part. This process should be repeated once again, but using the left-hand hair section
- Step 6 – Take a portion of loose hair and cross it over your shoulders. It should be placed in the right-hand portion of your hair. 7. Repeat the previous steps on the opposite side of your hair, until you reach the middle of your head, then stop. The eighth step is to stop adding loose hair and just finish the fishtail braid once you reach the center of your head
- To finish, tie your hair into two ponytails on either side of your head. To give the braids more volume, you will need to incorporate some of your loose hair into them. Make two buns with your hair by wrapping them over your shoulders. The final step is to leave your braids down or utilize them to conceal the elastic band
Watch the video below to learn how to create and style a braided space bun hairstyle.
Best Hairstyles with Space Buns to Try
Having discovered where the name of this hairstyle originates, as well as the secrets to making it appear absolutely stunning, it is now time to be inspired. Here are some of the most beautiful space bun hairstyles you should attempt right away!
1. Voluminous Braids
This braided hairstyle will give you the right combination of volume and chicness. You can easily make braids if you follow the instructions in this article. Half-up space buns are a great way to make your hair seem more voluminous. Isn’t it simple and stylish?
2. Rainbow Ends
It is imperative that you get this hairstyle right now if you are a lover of pastel balayage for hair! A rainbow end, a double bun, and some short braids will be all that you need to make a grand entrance.
3. Simple yet Beautiful Buns
It goes without saying that this is the perfect hairstyle for you if you want something that is both simple to construct and stunningly attractive in appearance. Half-up, half-down space buns are a great option for everyday use.
4. ReverseBraided Space Buns
Perhaps you were unaware of the fact that space bun hairdos are a fantastic alternative for all of those sporty people out there.
In addition to keeping your hair in order, this inverted down French braidsbun hairstyle will also make you appear trendy, whether you are heading to the gym or going for a run.
5. Lilac Buns
If you want to try something new and different, you should absolutely experiment with violet hair to the extreme. We are confident that it will generate a great deal of good feedback. Purple is stunning, but when styled in braids and space buns, it becomes even more fashionable!
6. Space Buns with Bangs
Space buns are no longer exclusively for youngsters, thanks to the addition of elegant long bangs that conceal the earlobes. Secure them just above your ears, and don’t be afraid to leave a few loose tendrils here and there.
7. Space Buns for Thin Hair
A side bang is the perfect form of fringe to go with braided space buns if you have thicker hair. These are tightly twisted in order to achieve a tiny form.
8. Micro Box Braided Space Buns
Micro braids are a popular hairstyle for many Black women who are transitioning from their natural hair to a more polished look. In the interim, experiment with different colors such as purple and blonde, and then twist your hair into enormous space buns.
9. Red Space Buns
Among many Black women who are transitioning away from their natural hair, micro braids are a go-to hairstyle for them. To fill in the gaps in between, dye your hair a vibrant shade such as purple or blonde and then twist it into enormous space buns.
10. Vintage Space Buns Style
An updated version of Princess Leia’s classic bun hairdo is seen here. Unlike the others, these ones are gigantic in size and fan out behind the ears. Combine with a deep, black lip color for the maximum statement-making effect.
11. Space Buns with Flowers
An updated version of Princess Leia’s classic bun hairdo is presented here. These ones are enormous in size and spread out behind the ears. Make a bold statement with a rich, black lip color to complete your ensemble.
Dark roots and accents in purple and pastelpink hues are really stunning together. Two buns are added to the equation to create a unique and wearable adolescent hairstyle that is great for everyday use.
13. Festival Ready Buns
Although pastel green hair dye may not be the most appropriate color for everyday or business wear, it is ideal for music festivals. You will be the main attraction at any occasion if you have long hair with space buns on top and a little glitter in your hair.
14. SequinedUpdo with Braids
Do not be afraid to go overboard with the sequins if you are attending Coachella or another music event. They are more than welcome to do so! You may separate your hair in the center and create two Dutch braids, which you can then twist into a space bun and decorate with a lot of glitter. Don’t you think this is a perfect style with a bohemian vibe?
15. Chic Low Buns
These gorgeous low buns are a sophisticated and stylish take on the traditional top bun. You can construct these very quickly and simply by braiding two strands of hair and wrapping them into two low buns.
16. Loose andLong Hair Bun
To get the ultimate boho look, braid only pieces of your hair while creating two small buns on the top of your head. This hairdo is ideal for summertime wear, music festivals, and just about every occasion in your life.
17. Holographic Hair
If you use a hairspray that contains light-changing sequins, you can get the ultimate galaxy look.
Parties, night outs, and music festivals like as Coachella are all excellent occasions for this hairstyle with space bun.
18. Zig-Zag Sequins and Buns
When styling your hair, instead of splitting it along the center, sling sections of it in opposite directions to create a zig-zag pattern. Don’t be afraid to sprinkle some glitter in the centre of your space buns once you’ve finished them with braids.
19.Curly Hair Buns
Anyone who has curly hair would never have believed that space buns could look this good. We haven’t been informed, to put it mildly. If, on the other hand, you are having trouble shaping your curls, simply pull them into buns and don’t bother about it.
20. Glitter on your Hair
If glittering your face isn’t enough for you, try putting it in your hair as well. You will be the light of the entire universe! Parties and festival season are ideal occasions for this half-up, half-down hairdo.
21. Buns onShort Hair
For those of the females who believed it was impossible for them to create a bun hairdo, you were completely incorrect. When you have short hair, this is how a space bun appears — it’s fantastic!
22.Short Curly Hair
In addition, how adorable do these half-space buns look on wavy hair? If you have a hairdo like this, give it a shot — you won’t be disappointed with the results!
23.Wedding Appropriate Buns
Pigtail buns may not seem like a hairdo that would be ideal for a wedding, but that is not fully accurate either. As you can see, these buns would look stunning on your wedding day, especially when decorated with white fresh flowers and stylish waves.
24. Cute Double Buns
Space buns are a popular hairdo for traveling, according to many female travelers. Because the hairstyle is so convenient, you can even do it while on the move.
25. SideCornrow Braids
For this hairstyle to work, you will just need three little traditional braids and two buns, which will take care of everything. It will add a surprising twist to your ordinary appearances and make them more interesting.
For this hairstyle to work, you will just need three little traditional braids and two buns, which is all you will need. With it, you may add a surprising touch to your usual ensembles.
27. Bun Cuffs
Adding bohemian bun cuffs to your buns will make them even more eye-catching. Everyone who sees you will be taken aback by the tassels!
28.Teal Blue Hairstyle
Deep blue dye with a bright accent is perfect for rebellious young ladies! You shouldn’t be afraid to put a little glitter in the centre of your head and wear your hair in space buns.
29. Boho Vibes Buns
You might be surprised to learn that tattoos are no longer restricted to the face and torso. Summer tattoos in gold and turquoise tones look fantastic on your hair! It is possible to get the ultimate bohemian beach style with a space bun and double French braids.
30. Ribbon Ties in your Hair
If you’re attending a black-tie event, try to emulate this look. When it comes to styling and making your buns seem even more professional, ribbons are essential.
31. Curly Space Buns
A half-up space bun hairdo is the ideal way to show off your curls while still maintaining a fashionable appearance. Make a central part before making these little space buns for a sleek symmetrical appearance.
32. Space Buns for Asian Women
Put your natural Asian straight hair up into these lovely braided space buns instead of leaving it flat and limp as you normally would.
A few hairs around the face help to lighten the overall look.
33. Twisted Space Buns
Begin by rolling the hair from either side of your head into two low space buns with a twist. Secure with a hair tie, then wind the hair around the base of the ponytail to finish it off.
34. Space Buns for Round Faces
You might not believe that calling attention to your round face is a good thing, but there are some hairstyles, such as space buns, that are incredibly attractive on round faces. Before constructing the buns on top of the head, you only need to do a center part in your hair.
35. Space Buns for Thick Hair
Space buns are a great way to draw attention to your thick hair and make it stand out. Instead of firmly looping the hair around the base of a ponytail, attempt to let it a little free to create the jumbo shape to give it more volume.
36. Space Buns on Long Hair
Extremely long hair that is almost waist-length should be flaunted and celebrated. Alternatively, little space buns can be worn at the top for a beautiful half updo look.
37. Space Buns for Little Girls
Much if you’re used to merely giving your little daughter a ponytail or low braids for school days, she’ll appreciate it even more if you offer her two high space buns instead.
38. Space Buns with Crochet Braids
If you have natural black hair, there is no reason why you couldn’t appear beautiful while still preserving it: create a half updo with two little space buns and you can sport this playful micro-braided style.
39. Bow Space Buns
It’s possible that you’ll need to follow a bow hair guide to get this space bun style, but the end result will be well worth it. Two long tendrils should be left to frame your face.
40. Dreadlock Space Buns
The space bun style may necessitate the use of a hair tutorial for a bow, but the outcome will be well worth it. To frame your face, leave two long strands to hang down.
Q. Is it possible to do space buns on thin hair? Ans:Of course it is possible! Despite the fact that you won’t be able to achieve much volume or texture, your space buns can nonetheless look fantastic. Making them look a little unkempt can give the impression of more volume to others around you. The key to making your buns appear voluminous is to avoid pulling them into a ponytail. Dry shampoo should be used immediately after you have divided your hair into two equal sections. Brush your hair and then twist the section you want to construct a cord with until you have a cord.
- If you want even more volume, tease all of your hair before you begin twisting it up at the ends.
- Ans:Ballet buns are for females who prefer to seem polished and quite sophisticated in their appearance.
- Space buns, on the other hand, may be both unkempt and well polished.
- Ans:Since Ariana Grande debuted her two buns, many fans have speculated whether or not the ponytail period has come to an end completely.
- Ariana has had half-updos as well as the classic double bun hairstyles in her career.
- She flaunted it on the runway and in public.
- Our message is directed at her!
- Regardless of whether it is summer or winter, there is always someone who adores to wear them.
Space buns can be braided or conventional in style; the choice is entirely up to you. We can only say that they may be both casual and elegant at the same time, as well as quirky and elegant. There aren’t many haircuts that are as functional as this one.
How to Do Space Buns + Space Bun Hairstyle Ideas
If you have thin hair, may you experiment with space buns? It is certainly possible! Your space buns can nonetheless look fantastic, despite the fact that you won’t get much volume or texture from them. Making them look a little unkempt will give the impression of more volume to those who are looking at them. To make your buns appear more voluminous, avoid pulling them into a ponytail. Dry shampoo should be used immediately after dividing your hair into two equal sections. Straighten the section of your hair that has been brushed and twist it till you have a cord.
- Teasing your hair before twisting it up will give you even more volume if you are seeking for it.
- Answer:Ballet buns are for girls who prefer to seem polished and a little more sophisticated than the average girl.
- Messy and polished are two different ways to describe space buns.
- Gigi Hadid or Ariana Grande: Who did the best job with the space buns?
- Both braided buns and elegant buns are favorites of hers.
- Supermodel Gigi Hadid, on the other hand, has experimented with the resurgence of the ’90s hairdo.
- Ariana Grande prefers buns over all other hairstyles, as seen by her frequent appearances in this hairdo.
- Double bun hairstyles will be around for a long time, starting with their name and brief history and ending with trend spotters.
- Space buns may be worn in a variety of ways, including braided or traditional.
- Like this, there aren’t many haircuts that are both fashionable and functional.
What are space buns?
Despite the fact that some individuals style them as low space buns or as a half-up hairstyle, the majority of people consider space buns to be two buns on top of your head.
(Example of two buns on the top of the head aka “space buns.”)
Space buns can be styled in the same way as sloppy buns. Alternatively, you could do ballerina buns. You may even want to experiment with braided buns. There’s a hairdo for every occasion, even formal occasions. What I like about the space bun hairstyle is that it is easygoing and enjoyable. It’s something I can’t seem to get enough of. Check out these simple step-by-step instructions on how to create beautiful space buns for your hair if you’re interested in doing the same with your hair.
But first and foremost, here’s what you’ll need to get things started. Items needed for the space bun are a hairbrush, clear and stretchy elastics, bobby pins, and hairspray.
Space Buns Step By Step Instructions
You’ll need to prepare your hair for space buns before you can start styling it in them. First and foremost, brush your hair. This will assist you in keeping your hair free of knots and tangles after washing it.
2. Split your hair.
Now that you’ve finished cleaning your teeth, let’s go on to the next stage. Using a comb, separate your hair into two portions. In an ideal situation, you would split it along the center, resulting in two equal portions. Because I’m a stickler for perfection, I recommend separating your hair as straight and evenly as you possibly can. To create the portion, a pick or a small comb might be used. Make use of a mirror to double-check the accuracy of your space buns component. It is important to take your time with this stage since uneven volumes of hair can ruin your entire space bun hair style.
3. Add the ponytails.
Let’s get started with the ponytails once you’ve divided your hair into two equal sections. What you want to do is clump a piece of your hair together in one place. After that, pull your hair into a ponytail. Then position it so that it rests on the top and back of your head. You want to make sure that all of the bumps and clusters are smooth and uniform. As for the positioning of the hair, you may simply alter it later on to suit your own desire. Just keep in mind that the base of the ponytail will be the location of your space bun.
Make sure the second one is identical in appearance to the first one.
4. Start working on the space buns.
It’s time to put the finishing touches on your ponytails by creating your space buns. Wrap the length of your hair around the base of your ponytail; this will serve as the focal point of your space buns. Next, use bobby pins to hold the freshly created buns in place while they dry. I would recommend that you use bobby pins that are the same color as your hair (or accessories, if there are any). This will allow you to get a seamless appearance. If you need assistance with this stage, you may view this video instruction on space buns.
5. Seal it with your spray.
You don’t want all of your hard work to go to waste once you’ve finished both sides, do you? Now that you have your space buns in position, the following step is to secure them. Make use of hairspray to get this look. After you’ve finished styling your adorable space buns, spritz them with hair spray.
Space Bun Hairstyle Ideas
Are you looking for additional space bun designs? Here are some trendy suggestions for you to consider!
1. Space buns with braids
Do you want to learn how to create space buns with braids? Braided space buns elevate your look to a higher level of sophistication.
2. Half up space buns
Half-up space buns are a delightful variation on the classic. When you desire the comfort of letting your hair down but also want the trendy look of space buns, they are the perfect solution for you!
3. Messy Space Buns
What girl doesn’t adore a messed-up hairstyle?
Messy space buns, on the other hand? That’s even better! Messy space buns are a great casual hairstyle for any occasion and can be worn at any time of year.
4. Space Buns For Short Hair
Interested in learning how to achieve space buns on short hair? This video is for you if you have hair that is at least shoulder length or longer.
5. Curly Hair Space Buns
Space buns may be worn by curly females as well! Your curls will give your space buns an extra layer of volume and elegance.
6. Low Space Buns
When most people think of space buns, they see them as being high on the head, yet low space buns are also quite popular. Follow along with this technique to achieve a fashionable low space buns appearance.
Space Bun Inspiration
When most people think of space buns, they think of them as being high on the head, however low space buns are also quite fashionable. Follow along with this guide to achieve a fashionable low space buns appearance.
1. Half Up Pink Space Buns
We can’t get enough of these adorable pink space buns that are half up.
2. Braided Pink + Rainbow Space Buns
What do you get when you combine a rainbow and space buns? Talk about a match made in heaven with these couple!
3. Edgy Purple Space Buns
Space buns and a rainbow? What a match made in heaven this is.
4. Space buns on natural hair with gold accents
What’s better than a rainbow and some space buns? What a marriage made in heaven this is!
5. Low space buns with braids
This is a style that I’m really enamored with. Everything about these space buns is wonderful, from the braids to the buns to the buns themselves!
6. Space buns for kids
This is a style that I am really enamored with. All of the elements of these space buns are flawless: the braids, the buns, and everything else!
With space buns, boring hair is a thing of the past.
Do you want to infuse a sense of playfulness and carefreeness into your personal style? Then you should try space buns! They were huge in the 1990s and are now making a resurgence in the 2000s. Are you looking for additional fashionable hairstyles?
- Inject some playfulness and carefree vibes into your look by wearing a floppy hat. Space buns are a great alternative option. In the 1990s, they were huge, and now they’re making a comeback! Look no further if you want to see more fashionable haircuts.
Space Buns: How To Do Space Buns On Your Hair (for Newbies)
Space buns are the most unique of all the bun hairstyles available. It’s likely that you’ve seen this look on a variety of beauty blogs and social media platforms, particularly on Instagram accounts and Pinterest boards. Many celebrities, including Britney Spears, Gwen Stefani, Ariana Grande, Yara Shahidi, Ciara, and Tracee Ellis Ross, have also had the haircut. The sassy look is extremely fashionable right now, and it’s easy to see why. Space buns are sassy and full of personality, just like their namesake.
This guide will walk you through the process step by step.
What Are Space Buns?
Spacing buns are a straightforward design that consists of two high buns on either side of the head. Space buns are based on a couple of historical sources, which are detailed below. Despite the fact that her space buns hairstyle was located lower on the head than the normal space buns hairstyle, they are quite similar to Princess Leia’s hallmark buns. Squash Blossom Buns, which are worn by Native American Hopi women, are another source of design inspiration. It was customary for a lady to dress in this manner to signal that she was single.
Space buns can have a variety of appearances depending on the texture of the wearer’s hair. If you leave your hair in its natural curly state, the space buns will appear textured. Space buns will have a sleeker appearance if your hair is straightened, but they will look better if your hair is curly.
How to Do Space Buns
PERFECT DOUBLE BUNS – CURLY HAIR | jasmeannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn There are two primary sorts of space buns, and we’ll go through each of them in a little more detail below. Textured space buns are a great option if you want frizz and structure in your hair. Create sleek space buns, on the other hand, if you like a smoother, more polished appearance. Depending on the ultimate result you want to achieve, the stages you take to make your space buns will differ.
Gather Your Supplies
The worst thing that may happen when executing any style is realizing that you don’t have the proper equipment and resources for the task at hand. Before you begin, you need acquire all of the essential items. These include:
- Detangling Comb: A wide-toothed comb should be used to reduce breakage
- A rat-toothed comb should be used for parting
- Gel: Use an alcohol-free gel that will not cause your hair to become brittle. Use a gentle boar bristle brush to apply the product. Edge Control: Excellent for achieving clean edges. Ties for your hair: We prefer cloth hair ties that do not have a metal clasp to reduce snagging. Holding Spray
- Bobby Pins
- Soft Bristle Toothbrush (if you like placed edges)
- Silk or satin scarf
- Heat Protectant
- Styler for curl definition (optional)
Prepare Your Natural Hair for Space Buns
It is not possible to get the desired look by doing space buns on dry, unwashed natural hair. There are a few measures you’ll need to follow in order to prepare your natural hair for your space buns.
Wash Your Hair
For a fresh start, we recommend shampooing your hair with a sulfate-free shampoo to ensure a nice clean slate. This is because shampoos without sulfates are typically gentle on your hair, which is why we mention “sulfate-free.” If you opt to use a sulfate shampoo, keep in mind that it may cause your hair to become brittle.
After you’ve washed your hair, condition it, or deep condition it. This step is critical, especially if you intend to keep the style for a few of days. Make use of a moisturizing conditioner or a deep conditioner of your preference. Read this article to learn how to deep condition your hair at home with products you already have.
Consider devoting a few minutes to applying a hair moisturizer to your hair, since hydrated hair behaves better than dry, crispy hair. Don’t miss the moisturizing process if you want your hair to be as supple and cooperative as possible. A moisturizing spray, a moisturizing lotion, or your favorite essential oil might be used to achieve this result. Just make sure you don’t overdo it with the moisturizer, especially if you’re going for a sleek space bun look.
Apply a Styler
For defined curls, add a styler of your choice to your hair and then allow your hair to air dry for several minutes. If you want your space buns to be sleek, you may skip this step.
Stretch Your Hair (only for Sleek Space Buns)
In order to define your curls, add a styling product of choice to your hair and then let your hair to dry naturally. If you like your space buns to be sleek, you may skip this step.
Stretch with Braids
- Using a comb or your fingers, divide your hair into various portions and pin them up. Hair should be divided into two or more pieces, as a general rule of thumb. However, depending on the thickness of your hair, you may need to divide it into multiple portions. Braid each portion all the way down to the ends of the braid. To prevent braids from unraveling prematurely, secure them with a ponytail holder or rubber band at the end of each row. Allowing your hair to air dry is recommended. Take the braids apart
- Using a halo parting, divide your hair into two portions. Each part should be French braided. Attempt a minimum of two french braids
- Allowing your hair to air dry is recommended. Take the braids apart
The instructions in this post will walk you through how to put french braids on your hair in depth and step-by-step.
I STRETCH MY TYPE 4 NATURAL HAIR WITHOUT USING HEAT AND WHILE MAINTAINING LENGTH
- Make two low ponytails on either side of your head, one on each side of your head. Ponytail holders should be used to secure each ponytail. Wrap extra ponytail holders or a wide flexible band around the length of your hair many times until you reach the ends
- Then repeat the process. Allow for total air drying of your hair. Remove the ponytail holders/band from your hair.
Alternatively, blow drying your hair may be used for a more expedient approach of expanding your hair. We recommend limiting your use of heat to the greatest extent possible. You may, however, utilize the “cool” setting on your blow dryer to stretch your hair as it dries to achieve this effect.
While blow-drying your hair, spread it out with a brush as you go. If you want to utilize the high heat setting on your blow dryer, make sure to use a heat protectant before doing so.
Straighten Your Hair (only for Sleek Space Buns)
Alternatively, blow drying your hair can be used for a more rapid hair stretching procedure. The use of heat should be restricted to the greatest extent feasible. You may, however, utilize the “cool” setting on your blow dryer to stretch your hair as it dries to achieve the same effect. Make use of a brush to extend your hair while you’re blow drying it. If you want to utilize the high heat setting on your blow dryer, be sure to use a heat protectant first.
- Prepare your hair by detangling it before you begin straightening it. Heat protectant should be applied evenly throughout the hair, making sure that all of the strands are protected
- Using a comb, separate your hair into four portions. Small pieces of hair should be flat ironed from root to tip. Make sure you don’t skip over any sections more than once. Read this article to find out how to flat iron your hair without causing heat harm to it. Repeat the previous step on your entire head of hair
In the event that you do not wish to straighten your hair, go to the following step.
Do the Ponytails
Using a rat tooth comb, create a straight section along the centre of your hair. You are welcome to take your time to ensure that the part is correct. When it comes to the cleanliness of your parts, you don’t have to obsess over them. However, you may find that the style looks better when your parts are straight. Make two ponytails on either side of your head, one on each side of your head. Ideally, ponytails should be worn high and to one side. Ponytail holders are tied around each ponytail, with care taken not to knot them too tightly.
Tight hairstyles are one of the most common causes of hair loss.
Lay Down Stray Hairs
Space buns can be smooth or textured, but the hair above the ponytail holder (your roots) should be flat and laid regardless of which style you choose. Apply some gel to your roots and brush it through your hair to get a smooth finish. In order to get a smooth bun, make certain that the gel you use will not cause your hair to revert back to its original form. If you want the look of neatly set edges, consider using edge control gel. It should be applied to the hair around your hairline, and your baby hairs should be styled how you desire.
Using this product will give you greater control over your hairs and will not pull them out.
Use a Scarf to Set Your Roots
You’ve been through a lot in order to get your hair to this stage. A silk or satin scarf is essential for establishing your roots. Tie the scarf around your hairline; this will help to flatten the roots even further. Leave the scarf on for a few minutes while you proceed to the following phase, when you will construct your space buns hairdo.
Create Your Space Buns
It is likely that the most difficult element of the styling procedure will be creating your space buns. To make your space buns, do the following steps:
- Make a rope out of your loose hair by twisting it around itself many times. Make a circular motion with your hair around the base of your ponytail
- This will secure it. Make use of bobby pins to hold the ends in place
It may take a few tries to get the buns to look round, but once you get the hang of it, they’ll look perfect.
For Short Hair
Using adonut bun maker, which you will wrap your hair around, you may get a fuller look if your hair is short or you want more volume.
Braided Space Buns
You may also build a braided bun to add a little extra flare to your look.
Make a three-strand braid from the roots to the ends of your hair, wrap the braid around the base of your ponytail, and fasten with bobby pins.
Freeze the Style in Place
If you choose, you may spritz your hair with a holding spray to keep it in place. It helps the style to endure longer, decreases flyaways, and improves the general stability of the bun by adding more volume to it. Once you’ve removed the silk scarf from your hair, you’re finished.
How to Do Space Buns on Natural Hair
Flourishing Space Buns | Natural Hairstyles
How to Do Space Buns With Straight Hair
The Double Bunsl! Hair Tutorial – Two Bunsl!
Pros and Cons of Space Buns
Space buns exude a sassiness and a sense of playfulness that few other hairstyles can match. While the style is fashionable and attractive, it has both advantages and disadvantages that you should be aware of.
The following are some of the advantages of space buns:
- Look that is youthful and fun. No one can dispute the sense of wonderment that space buns elicit. It’s simple to accomplish. It will not take much work to repeat the style once or twice after you have done it the first time or two times. Versatility. Space buns can be made in a variety of ways. You may wear them textured, sleek, or even sloppy according on your preference. You may make them as unique as you’d like. Examples include half space buns, low space buns, classic space buns (as seen in this article), high space buns (also featured in this page), and a variety of other shapes and sizes. Your alternatives are only limited by your ability to think creatively. If you want your buns to stand out even more, you can dye your hair a different color. Protective. Despite the fact that space buns are not a long-term style, they offer protective properties due to the fact that they compel you to tuck your ends away.
- Damage caused by high temperatures. If you’re going to be utilizing heat to straighten your hair throughout the style process, there’s always the possibility of heat damage, also known as Traction alopecia. If you frequently wear your hair in space buns, you may begin to have traction alopecia, which is a loss of hair around the hairline.
- The Different Types of Messy Buns and How to Make Them
- How to Style Bantu Knots on Straight Hair
- Natural Hair Afro Puff Updo
- How to Style Bantu Knots on Straight Hair
Dos and Don’ts of Space Buns
In order to have a pleasant experience with your space buns, make sure you follow the guidelines outlined below.
- Reduce the amount of heat you utilize. It is possible that heat will be required in the pursuit of flawlessly slim space buns. However, it is advisable to keep the temperature as low as possible. Utilize the “cool” setting on your blow dryer if at all possible
- Take your time when parting your hair. When the section of the bun is straight, space buns appear much nicer. Make your own personal style statement. You can add bangs to the style before tying your hair into the two ponytails
- However, this is not necessary.
- Make sure your ponytails are not too tight. Traction alopecia is extremely difficult to treat, so prevention is essential! Tie your ponytail holders securely around the base of your ponytails, but avoid wrapping them around too many times at the same time. Space buns should not be done too frequently. We understand what you’re saying. Because space buns are so stunning, you may find yourself tempted to wear them every single day of the week. Having said that, it is recommended that you allow your hair to rest for a week or longer after wearing it in space buns.
After reading this article, you should know everything there is to know about how to make space buns.