The buttocks are referred to as the buttocks in slang. The Fifth Edition of the American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language is now available. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company has copyright protection for the year 2016. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company is the publisher of this book. All intellectual property rights are retained.
(bnz)pl n (bnz)pl n (bnz)pl n (Anatomy) informalmost notably in the buttocks Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 – HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014 – Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 – Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 – Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 – Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition Thesaurus Antonyms Words that are related Synonyms Legend:
|Noun||1.||buns- the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on; “he deserves a good kick in the butt”; “are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?”behind,arse,ass,buttocks,hind end,hindquarters,keister,nates,posterior,prat,derriere,fanny,rear end,tooshie,tush,seat,fundament,backside,bottom,rump,stern,tail end,tail,rear,bum,butt,canbody part- any part of an organism such as an organ or extremitytorso,trunk,body- the body excluding the head and neck and limbs; “they moved their arms and legs and bodies”|
The (bnz)pl is an abbreviation for the word “banzai,” which means “banzai tree” in English (Anatomy) The buttocks are the most casual part of the body Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014 Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition Thesaurus Antonyms Words that are similar Synonyms Legend:
The Fem-bun (AKA The Female Man-Bun)
A man-bun (n) is a questionably seductive hairstyle in which a guy with medium to long hair produces a semi-secure circular bun/ponytail on the top of his head, which is then tied with a hair tie. The man-bun, also known as a topknot, is a hairstyle that is derived from a haircut that was historically worn by warriors and worshipers; it is also the subject of my discussion today. Why, may I inquire? One, like many other female patrons around the world, I am a huge fan of the man-bun; which has prompted me to learn more about it; and two, I have recently noticed a slew of man-bun sightings on my college campus, which includes my friends and teacher (yes, it’s awkward, I know), which has prompted me to wonder.what is going on?
- Not only did I learn that man-buns are physically pleasing, but I also learned that they have had a significant historical influence.
- That implies the fabled man-bun has been rocking since the beginning of time!
- It’s mind-boggling to me how long they’ve been in business, but I suppose it’s the simplicity of their appeal that keeps people going back.
- But, to be honest, the man-bun has me completely captivated.
- Having completed my man-bun study, I discovered that, not only did I admire how it looked on a male, but I also felt it may be possible for me to rock a man-bun that was as stylish.
After all, technically speaking, I couldn’t truly have a man-bun.or could I?
Fem-bun (n.): A female bun.
The man-bun is characterized by a tiny semi-secure circular bun/ponytail on top of the head with the rest of the hair being left down.
Okay, I believe that is sufficient.
When men put their hair up in a man-bun, their hair is usually unclean and greasy.
STEP 2: Get yourself a hair tie.
You want your bun to look as if it’s ready to come out, I’m not sure why, but I know it looks good when it does.
Half-up, half-down is a popular style.
Take your hair and grab a fistful of it from the top of your head, and you’ll be well on your way to success.
STEP 4: Make a twist.
Twist it into a spherical on the top of your head that is a little strangely formed.
STEP 5.Tie it off with a knot.
That’s all there is to it!
Remember, from what I’ve learned, they’re both simple to execute and maintain, and they’ll make everyone appear weirdly sexually desirable in the end.which is exactly what you want.
So, ladies and gentlemen, heed my words of wisdom. Get yourself a fem/men bun to complete your look. You’ll be glad you did it afterwards. I’ll always love you, Lex Paige is a fictional character created by author Lex Paige.
30 Amazing Long Hair Buns That’ll Never Go Out of Style
Women’s long hair buns are fashionable, never go out of style, and may be worn to dress up or down an outfit. You may obtain any of these styles in a short period of time by styling one or multiple buns, ranging from classic and sophisticated to childlike and beautiful. Twisted buns, space buns, and top buns with a lot of volume are just a few of the many possibilities available to you, and we wanted to present you some of the greatest photographs featuring these styles. To add incredible complexity to these hairdos, you may style them with sponge donuts.
In just a few simple steps, you can effortlessly change a lovely ponytail into a magnificent bun that will turn heads.
1. Space Buns
Especially when you are not afraid to utilize vibrant electric hues, such as a brilliant tone of yellow, space buns are intriguing. Make two space buns out of your crown hair by dividing it in half. Straighten the remainder of your hair and let it to hang loosely around your face.
2. Donut Bun for Long Hair
In order to duplicate this hairstyle, you need to generate broad blonde highlights. Keep your base color in a light caramel tone and use a giant sponge donut to design your low bun. The highlights will give your bun structure and beauty.
3. Long Hair Bun for Wedding
When it comes to hairstyles that are appropriate for this special occasion, buns are among the most popular choices among brides. Using your hair, create a large bun on top of your head and pluck out the slender strands. Curl your tresses with an iron if you want a delicate, romantic appearance.
4. Curly Hair Bun
If you have Afro-American hair, a bun hairstyle with bangs is something you should experiment with! You’ll have a great appearance, your hair will be sophisticated, and you’ll be able to keep all of your rebellious textured hair in one area this way.
5. Bow Buns
There are no words to adequately describe this stunning haircut! Separate your hair into two halves and create two bow buns on each side of your head, on top of your hair, using a hair tie. Choose two strands of your long bangs and allow them to fall naturally on your forehead to complete the look. The color of your hair is entirely up to you, however we propose a mauve-blue ombre to make this style seem really stunning.
6. Bun for Black Hair
Protective hairstyles not only save your hair from becoming damaged, but they also look really lovely. You may collect all of your braids into a large high bun and pair it with a couple sweaters that can be worn loosely around the body.
7. Half Up Bun for Long Hair
Buns are available in a variety of sizes, and for this hairstyle, you may make a little hairdo on top of your head using a hair tie. Straighten the remainder of your hair after using it simply on the crown of your head. Your layers will appear more textured and sparkly as a result of this technique.
8. Straight Hair Bun
Cut your bangs in half and wear a voluminous headband on top of your head to complete the look.
Place the long strands of your bangs over the top of it and bind them together with the rest of your hair to form a large bun. Pre-straighten your hair before shaping it into a bun if you want the hairstyle to be sophisticated.
9. Formal Bun Hairstyle
Take your long bangs and twist them in two different directions. Make a low bun on the back of your head with the two strands tied together in a large twist. Pulling the corners of your hairstyle can give it additional structure and volume.
10. French Bun
Draw the ends of your long bangs together to form two loose twists. Make a low bun at the back of your head with the two strands tied together. Add texture and volume by pulling the edges of your hairstyle.
11. SimpleMessy Bun
First and foremost, we should start with something that is simple to prepare, perhaps not ideal for formal meals, but utterly appealing for casual gatherings of friends and family. Face shapes that go well with this style include: oval and heart. How to dress with style: Make a simple bun for long hair using bobby pins to save time. You may start with a half-updo and work your way up from there. Hairstyles for Bridesmaids with Long Hair in a Half Updo
12. Teased Messy Bun
If you have long hair, this messed-up bun is perfect for even the most formal events. Ideal for: Faces with a heart or round shape. The best way to style your hair is to tease the top half of it. In contrast to the previous updo, the bangs are not left out of this bun style. But don’t be concerned if a few strands fall out at random.
13.Middle PartSleek Low Bun
If you have long hair, this sloppy bun is perfect for any event, even the most formal ones. Best suited for: Faces with a heart or a round profile Teasing the top half of your hair is a good way to finish the look. In contrast to the previous updo, bangs are included in this bun. If a few strands fall out at random, don’t be concerned.
14. Simple Low Bun withHalo Braid
When it comes to creating a long hair bun, you can always cheat and add some hair extensions to ensure that the entire hairstyle is flawlessly finished. Face shapes such as square and round are best suited for this style. How to dress with style: Make a basic low bun out of your hair by parting it down the center. Make it a little sloppy on the sides. The braid, which you would subsequently connect to the updo, should be made out of aweave.
15.Braided Space Bunwith Middle Part
In order to get the perfect long hair bun, you can always cheat and apply some extensions to ensure that the entire hairdo is flawless. Face shapes that work well include square and round. How to dress in a fashionable manner: Using an angled parting, make a low bun with a few twists. It should be free-flowing on both sides. Make a braid out of aweave and connect it to the updo using aweave.
16. Sleek Long-High Bun with Short Bangs
Even if your bangs are short and eccentric, they may still be lovely. Ideal for: Faces with an oval or heart shape. How to dress with style: Make a neat medium-high bun with long hair and shape the bangs with a styling brush to give them a polished look. Extra shine may be achieved by using a hair product.
17. Braided Low Bun
Hairstyles with braids and buns are a fantastic combo, and if you have long hair, you should experiment with them. Ideal for: Faces with an oval or heart shape. How to dress with style: Make a low side bun that is loose and side-swept, then wrap it around with a braid.
18. SleekChignon Bun
When it comes to long hair, braids and buns are an excellent mix, and you should experiment with them.
Face shapes that work well with this product include: oval and heart. How to dress in a fashionable manner: Using a braid to wrap around the bun, create a loose, side-swept low side bun.
19. Side-Swept Sleek Low Bun
Part your hair on the side to create a more asymmetrical sleek bun appearance. Face shapes that work well include square and heart-shaped faces. How to dress with style: Make a low bun out of your hair by parting it widely to one side and tying it securely.
20. Messy Low Side Bun
The ability to stack your updo with a long hair bun is a great benefit of this style. Face shapes that work well with this product include: oval and square. How to dress with style: Make a sassy low bun on the opposite side of your hair and part your hair on one side.
21. Top Knot Bun with Thick Bangs
If your hair is long and thick, put it to the test by attempting this top knot bunout style on yourself. Ideal for: Faces with a heart or round shape. How to dress with style: Tie your hair into a huge, bold top knot bun and straighten your bangs using a hair straightener.
22. High Messy Bun with aFrench Braid
This bridal bun hairstyle is ideal for ladies with long hair, and it looks really stunning on their wedding day! Long hair bun styles are a great way to show off your natural hair length because they need talent. Ideal for: Faces with a heart or round shape. How to dress with style: Curl your hair into waves with a hair straightener to make it seem more polished. Separate the rear piece and braid it in a broad manner. Then, using bobby pins, construct a voluminous sloppy bun with your hair.
23. LowBraided Bun
Test the power of long hair bun and your talent at braiding by trying this layered, braided low bun out. Faces with a round or heart shape are the best candidates. How to dress with style: To finish, braid your hair down to your waist and add any hair ornament of your choice to the top of your bun.
24. Simple Samurai Bun
The samurai bun with long hair is popular among both men and women, and for good reason. Ideal for: Faces with a heart or round shape. How to dress with style: Take the top piece of your hair and twist it into a samurai bun for a simple look. It’s possible to get this look with a hair straightener, which will leave your hair with a small wave.
25. Pin-up Roll Bun
Pin-up buns that are very creative frequently necessitate the use of lengthy hair. Face shapes such as square and oval are best suited for this style. How to dress with style: With elegant sides and a huge, voluminous roll at the top, this long hair bun is a show-stopping style. It is embellished with a bandana, which lends the haircut a pin curl look to it.
26. High Messy Bun with Straight Bangs
This blend of a large, sloppy, high bun with straight bangs is both appealing and astonishing in its simplicity. Ideal for: Faces with an oval or heart shape. How to dress with style: Tease your hair and style it into a high updo that is both elegant and disheveled. Straighten the bangs with a hair straightener to make them more uniform.
27. High Dreadlock Bun
For long hair, a protective bun that is also simple to do is ideal. Long, thin dreadlocks are ideal for tying into a bun that is both unique and stunning, and you will want to make it your go-to hairstyle in the future.
Faces with a round or square form are the best candidates. Styling instructions: Form your dreadlocks into a very high bun of your choosing and secure it with an elastic band.
28. Double Half Bun with Braids
Experiment with braids and buns on your long hair to make it more adorable and unusual. The options are virtually limitless. Ideal for: Faces with an oval or heart shape. How to dress with style: To produce waves in your hair, use a beach waves hair product or a hair straightener to curl your hair. Afterwards, braid two thin parallel braids that come together to form the high untidy buns.
29. Low Bun with Highlights
Highlights are an excellent technique to draw attention to any hairdo. Highlights will provide a hypnotizing effect to the long hair bun style. All facial shapes will benefit from this product. How to dress with style: Make a sleek, low, twisted bun and accessorize it with some exquisite hair accessories to complete the look.
30. BigCurly Updo
When you are unable to control your curls, gather them into a large, long curly hair bun. Ideal for: Faces with a heart or round shape. How to dress with style: Make a huge, bold bun out of your curls, allowing a few random curls to fall freely about your face as a finishing touch.
FAQs on Long Hair Buns
Which bun style is the most flattering for long hair? They are all just perfect. The length of the hair determines the number of styling options available. You may do all of the romantic loose buns with delicate curls flowing loosely, as well as the enormous extreme buns that look so gorgeous and strong, if your hair is long enough. However, your personal choice and the appearance you want to achieve are still the most crucial factors to consider. Is it possible to tie your hair into a bun without using a pin?
- There are several easy buns that you may knot with an elastic band if you want to keep it simple.
- Use hairspray to keep the bun in place even more firmly to make it even more secure.
- Having long hair buns is a versatile and functional hairstyle that can be used for a variety of circumstances.
- Hopefully, you will be able to find a couple buns among the 30 that we have mentioned above that you will enjoy.
Rise of the topknot: why big buns are everywhere
How did a haircut that was formerly associated with “going to the garage to get some milk” become a worldwide fashion sensation? Because that is where we are right now with the high bun – sometimes known as a topknot — a hairstyle that is becoming increasingly popular. With singers such as Jennifer Lopez, Katy Perry and Rihanna sporting the style on the red carpet, it’s quickly becoming a must-have. Zendaya wore an unstructured version of her hair to the People’s Choice Awards on Sunday, while her Euphoria co-star Storm Reid, who is 16 years old, donned a towering bun topped with a star-shaped pin to the event.
- Storm Reid.
- Image courtesy of John Salangsang/Rex/Shutterstock.
- It’s the look of choice for Hollywood types who practice yoga or post sweaty but attractive post-gym photos on social media platforms.
- One example is the one on motherandbaby.co.uk, which promises a “no-wash topknot for hectic mornings.” On the catwalk, the look exudes an air of effortlessness.
- When Victoria Beckham made her runway debut at London Fashion Week in September, she did it in true designer manner, sporting a sloppy topknot, which was the tonsorial equivalent of rolling up her sleeves.
- Dominique Charriau/WireImage courtesy of the photographer.
- Using the tagline:adsponcontent, you may post a picture of yourself casually relaxing in the bath while informing your followers how wonderful your new shampoo is.
And, to be honest, it’s just online hair.
Marni Senofonte, a one-woman social-media trend maker who is best known as “Beyoncé’s Instagram stylist,” has a three-inch-high topknot in this photo.
Many religions, like Sikhism and Buddhism, place a great deal of emphasis on the topknot as a symbol of authority.
Russell Brand is on his way to a Hollywood yoga lesson with a friend.
Wearing a knot on the top of the head, for energy effect, is an important aspect of the practice of kundalini yoga.
This variation of the topknot, like the man bun, which is often worn a bit lower down the crown, appears to evoke a hazy sense of enlightenment and urban inventiveness, similar to that of the man bun.
As a fashion writer and street-style star who has worn her topknot for nearly a decade, Susie Lau says that adopting the style did not feel particularly revolutionary because in Japan and Hong Kong, where she has family and frequently travels, “it feels less like a style statement and more like an everyday hairstyle.” It has been noted by Hong Lau that the haircut appears to be a replica of the one worn by males in China during the Ming era.
- However, according to Rachael Gibson, who runs an Instagram account dedicated to the history of hair, it did not become very trendy in the United Kingdom until quite recently.
- The hairdresserCharlotte Mensaagrees that the buns are becoming taller in the morning and evening.
- My daughter, who is 18 years old, enjoys wearing her hair in this style.
- a fashion picture from the 1830s that is still relevant today.
- Perhaps Molly-Mae Hague, the Love Island star whose bun is “a celebrity in its own right,” as reported by Cosmopolitan, is the inspiration.
- Some fans complained that the slick-sided ‘do made them “look like Miss Trunchbull,” despite the fact that they did not have expensive extensions to twist into a luxurious bun.
- “On Instagram, it’s always clean, thick hair that’s been carefully styled.
- In order to take the garbage out, I will not put my hair up like that and put on no makeup.
- Lau, for one, believes it is beneficial in inclement weather.
- It was terrifying.” During the winter, I was in Stockholm, and it was snowing pretty hard and blowing quite hard – it was more of a practical decision.” Mensah claims that it can save ladies a significant amount of time.
- “The more knotted and mussed the hair is, the better it looks.” It is described as “a wonderful look for a second- or third-day twist out” when applied to afro hair.
It is likely to remain that way in the future as well, due to the fact that its silhouette is so well suited to the lens of a front-facing camera. Because, in 2019, if you can’t post a picture of your bun on social media, did it really happen?
Trend Alert: Women Rocking Man Buns!
How did a haircut that was formerly associated with “going to the garage to get some milk” become a worldwide fashion craze in the first place? This is because we are currently in the midst of the high bun – sometimes known as a topknot – a hairstyle that is gaining popularity worldwide. With singers like as Jennifer Lopez, Katy Perry and Rihanna sporting the style on the red carpet, it’s quickly becoming a must-have look for them. Zendaya wore an unstructured version of her hair to the People’s Choice Awards on Sunday, while her Euphoria co-star Storm Reid, who is 16 years old, donned a towering bun capped with a star-shaped pin in the same ceremony.
- Storm Reid.
- Image courtesy of John Salangsang/Rex/Shutterstock It has taken on vaguely wellness-related implications, much like its unsightly cousin, the man bun.
- Because it is a simple style, there are several online tutorials on how to create it, such as this one on motherandbaby.co.uk, which promises a “no-wash topknot for hectic mornings.” A relaxed, carefree air permeates the looks on the catwalk.
- According to Ursula Stephen, Zendaya’s hairstylist and the creator behind numerous red-carpet topknots, the event was “one of those Coachella-type things.” Like “makeup without the need for makeup.” Chanel’s autumn/winter collection was shown on the runway.
- If you are using Instagram, it is ideal for casually hanging out in the bath while informing your followers how wonderful your new shampoo is with the tagline:adsponcontent.
- Moreover, the hair appears to be from the web.
- It’s a three-inch-high topknot on Marni Senofonte, who is best known as “Beyoncé’s Instagram stylist” and a one-woman social-media trend factory.
- Many religions, notably Sikhism and Buddhism, place a great deal of emphasis on the topknot as well.
- Russell Brand is on his way to a Hollywood yoga session with his wife, Jennifer.
- Kundalini yoga practices include the wearing of a knot on the top of one’s head for the purpose of enhancing one’s energy flow.
- This variation of the topknot, like the man bun, which is often worn a bit lower down the crown, appears to evoke a hazy sense of enlightenment and urban inventiveness, similar to that of the manbun.
As a fashion writer and street-style star who has worn her topknot for nearly a decade, Susie Lau says that adopting the style did not feel particularly revolutionary because in Japan and Hong Kong, where she has family and frequently travels, “it feels less of a style statement and more like an everyday hairstyle.” It has been noted by Hong Lau that the haircut appears to be a replica of the one worn by males in China during the Ming Dynasty.
- However, according to Rachael Gibson, who runs an Instagram account dedicated to the history of hair, it was not very trendy in the UK until quite recently.
- The hairdresserCharlotte Mensaagrees that the buns are becoming taller in the morning and afternoon.
- Everyone at her university does.” Fashion from the 1830s is a throwback to the past.
- Perhaps Molly-Mae Hague, the Love Island star whose bun is described as “a celeb in its own right” by Cosmopolitan, will make the cut?
- Some followers complained that the slick-sided ‘do made them “look like Miss Trunchbull” because they did not have pricey extensions to twist into a luxurious bun.
- “On Instagram, it’s always clean, thick hair that’s been carefully styled.” When you see an average working-class lady with her hair tied in a topknot, do you wonder whether people’s attitudes might shift?
- In the case of particular hair types, on the other hand, it can be done quickly and affordably.
- When I was younger, this was something I did every day.
- According to Mensah, it may save ladies a significant amount of time in the mornings.
- It is preferable if the hair is knotted and muddled.
The fact that its shape is so well suited to the lens of a front-facing camera means that it is probable that it will remain that way. Why? Because, in 2019, if you can’t post a picture of your bun on social media, did it really happen?
What does bun mean? bun Definition. Meaning of bun. OnlineSlangDictionary.com
Google has been punishing this website in its search rankings for years, and a Google employee lied to the search engine giant about the practice. Because they have come close to bringing this site to its knees, I will begin revealing specifics of my chat with the Google employee who informed me of the penalty in secret beginning on Monday, August 17. This will culminate in the production of an MBOX file that contains all of the header information. More information may be found here. 2021-03-21: Screw it, I’m not going to do it.
- Google has been punishing this website in its search rankings for years, and a Google employee lied to the search engine giant about the practice.
- More information may be found here.
- On Monday, August 17, I will begin revealing specifics of my interaction with the Google employee who informed me of the penalty in private, which took place on August 16.
- Google has been punishing this website in its search rankings for years, and a Google employee lied to the search engine giant about the practice.
- More information may be found here.
- My communication with the Google employee who informed me of the penalty will be published on August 17, according to the company.
- A Google employee claimed that the company had been punishing this website in its search ranks for years. Given that they have come close to bringing my website down, I will begin revealing details of my chat with the Google employee who informed me of the penalty in secret beginning on Monday, August 17th. I want to offer an MBOX file with complete headers as a result of this. Please see this link for further information: 2021-03-21: Screw it, I’m not going to do anything about it! Click here to get the MBOX file A Google employee claimed that the company had been punishing this website in its search ranks for years. Given that they have come close to bringing my website down, I will begin revealing details of my chat with the Google employee who informed me of the penalty in secret beginning on Monday, August 17th. Please see this link for further information: A Google employee claimed that the company had been punishing this website in its search ranks for years. The facts of my chat with the Google employee who told me about the penalty in private will begin to be made public on Monday, August 17, according to the company. Please see this link for further information: A Google employee claimed that the company had been punishing this website in its search ranks for years. The specifics of my interaction with the Google employee who informed me of the penalty in private will be released on Monday, August 17th. Please see this link for further information: For years, Google has been deceiving the public about the punishment imposed on this website. My discussion with the Google employee who informed me of the penalty will be published on August 17, according to the company’s policies. Please see this link for further information:
- The most recent modification was made on May 8, 2011. Anonymous on Submitted byAnonymous on The 8th of May, 2011
- A man or woman’s boyfriend or girlfriend. That’s my bun, by the way! I’d want some of tobunmybun’s delicious buns.
- Check out these additional terms that have the same meaning as your boyfriend or girlfriend: boo or significant other.
- The most recent modification was made on April 22, 2013. On November 13, 1998, Beenkie from St Louis, Missouri, United States of America submitted a photo of herself as a beautiful person. It was somebunsin who was there the other night. He’s a jerk, and he’s abun. The most recent modification was made on November 16, 2011. On November 15, 2002, Raymona A. from Quantico, Virginia, United States of America submitted a buttock. Usually, the word is used in the plural. Nicebuns. Citation taken from “Mr. Bob’s Toddler Kaleidoscope,” Up All Night(TV), Season 1 Episode 5 of “Mr. Bob’s Toddler Kaleidoscope” (2011) This site has been blocked in the hopes of settling Google’s penalty against it. To help resolve Google’s penalty against this site, a quote from “Mac Fights Gay Marriage” from It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia(TV, 2010), Season 6 Episode 1 has been deleted in the hopes of resolving Google’s punishment against this site. I’d want some of tobunmybun’s delicious buns.
- More terms with the same meaning may be found here: buttocks, butt, ass
- The most recent modification was made on April 22, 2013. On May 8, 2011, Walter Rader (Editor) submitted a submission from Sacramento, California, United States.
verb – ambitransitive
- To consume marijuana in any form. Fromburn. Does shebun have a pet? All night long, webunnedfatjoints. Let’s get a bigspliff going. My family and I are with them
- See other terms that have the same meaning: to consume marijuana
- To snort marijuana
- The most recent edit was made on March 26, 2013. Anonymous on Submitted byAnonymous on The 16th of November, 2011.
verb – transitive
- Being on the receiving end of anal intercourse is a unique experience. Last night, I bunned a young lady. This definition is debatable, and it is being considered for deletion. If any authentic citations are discovered, it will be spared from deletion. I’d want some of tobunmybun’s delicious buns. The most recent modification was made on April 22, 2013. Myleson has contributed to this article. The 11th of October, 1998
- To make an attempt to make someone one’s bun (“boyfriend or girlfriend”). He is attempting to tobunme. The most recent modification was made on November 16, 2011. Asia W. from Washington, DC, USA submitted this entry on February 1, 2003.
|Other terms relating to ‘ boyfriend, girlfriend, boo, significant other ‘:|
|Definitions include: a person with whom one is no longer in a relationship.|
|Definitions include: a person who islame,jake, not cool.|
|Definitions include: “InternetBF “, i.e. “Internet Boyfriend”.|
|Definitions include: abbreviated form of ” babe “.|
|Definitions include: An acronym has been invented for the term, but long after the term entered use: “Beautiful Intellectuals That CauseHard-ons.”|
|Definitions include: affectionate form of reference or address for one’s significant other.|
|Definitions include: This definition is questionable and is pending deletion.|
|Definitions include: acronym for “love of my life”.|
|Other terms relating to ‘ buttocks, butt, ass ‘:|
|Definitions include: aselfie(i.e. photo of a person taken by that person) of a person’s buttocks.|
|Definitions include: the pressing of one’s unclothed buttocks against a window.|
|Definitions include: acronym for “up yourbum “, i.e. “up your anus”.|
|Definitions include: the cleft between the buttocks.|
|Definitions include: a period of time during which one engages sexually with another person.|
|Definitions include: the passenger seat in a vehicle.|
|Definitions include: to smokedope, i.e. to smoke marijuana.|
|Definitions include: a session of gettingbaked(i.e.highfrom marijuana.)|
|Definitions include: “Galesville Ettrick Trempealeau High School” in Galesville, WI.|
|Definitions include: Spoonerism for ” smoke pot “.|
|Definitions include: to kill, usually with a firearm.|
|Definitions include: to smoke marijuana with a bat, which is a small cylinder pipe.|
|Definitions include: to smoke marijuana upon waking.|
|Definitions include: someone who is attractive from a distance, but upon closer inspection, turns out to be ugly.|
|Definitions include: adj. meaning sick or dirty.|
|Definitions include: short for ” fugly “, which is short for ” fuckingugly.”|
|Definitions include: Seebeat with the ugly stick,get hit with the wrong end of the ugly stick,hit with an ugly stick.|
|Definitions include: a person so promiscuous as to be disgusting.|
|Definitions include: someone who is ugly or unattractive.|
|Definitions include: disturbingly unattractive; ugly.|
Slang terms with the same root words
|Definitions include: a rear end so tight, shapely, so excellent it brings a tear to your eye.|
How common is this slang?
|Don’t click the following.|
|I use it||(32)|
|No longer use it||(2)|
|Heard it but never used it||(28)|
|Have never heard it||(24)|
How vulgar is this slang?
An average of 46 votes equals 53% of the total. (See the most obscene expressions.) None of the above is your opinion. (To cast your vote, click on the pepper.) Instead than judging the word on its vulgarity, voters should consider how harsh it is.
Where is this slang used?
Users that are logged in can add themselves to the map. Login, Register, and Login with Facebook in a matter of seconds.
Link to this slang definition
Insert the following code into a web page or blog post to link to this phrase. a href=” bun /a”> a href=” bun /a”> Insert the following into a wiki, such as Wikipedia, to create a connection to this word. Please note that some wikis use a different link format than others, so be careful to read the guidelines.
The messy bun is having a moment: here’s how to perfect this classic style at home
A sloppy bun appears to be a hairstyle that is rather self-explanatory. If you put your hair up in a bun, it’s likely that you’ll screw it up. Well, that’s certainly one approach, but the fact is that there are messy buns and then there is The Messy Bun, and there is no in between. The former is exactly what it sounds like: a low-key tied-up style that many of us turn to on days when we don’t have time to wash our hair, while we’re doing chores, or when we’re recovering from a hangover. It may be as high or as low as you like, and it generally grows more unruly as the day progresses.
- Then there’s the second option.
- This is a style that the Duchess essentially owns.
- There are approximately 500,000 Google searches for messy buns per month, indicating that the trend is spreading across all industries.
- In order to get a super-smooth blow-dry with the greatest hair dryer, you shouldn’t have to break a sweat: It’s not necessary to pin your hair into a certain form after you’ve started, and having a few hairs out of place is not only okay, but actively encouraged.
- It will never appear to be ‘too much,’ but it will convey a sense of effort when necessary.
Are you prepared to face the giant messy bun? You’ll learn how to style a messy bun with professional advice, the best hair styling tools you’ll need, and the most creative messy bun inspiration you’ll find on social media.
How to create a classic messy bun
(Image courtesy of Getty Images.) ) According to Mary Geoghegan, Style Director at KH Hair Group, “Ever since Meghan Markle debuted her messy bun, we’ve been overwhelmed with people requesting us to emulate her style in our salons.” This style is popular with ladies because it is low-key and uncomplicated while yet wonderfully framing the face, especially when the shorter, wispy strands are left to flow free.
It is a simple appearance that requires just a little amount of work, and it is suitable for the majority of women.
Step 1: Prep your texture.
“Recreate Meghan’s hallmark style on the first and second days after washing your hair—the third day may be a bit much (Editor’s note: Don’t worry, you can still stretch things out with a nice dry shampoo.) Prep your hair with a thermal protection spray before smoothing and adding curl using the finest hair straighteners, such as the GHD Gold, to finish the look. “A product like Wella System Professional Soft Touch Cream will provide gloss and control to your hair.”
Step 2: Section off your hair.
In order to wear your hair in the bun, take a diagonal segment from the top of your head to just in front of your ears and clip it out of the way for the time being. Make a low ponytail behind the ear with a hair tie and smooth the remainder of the hair from the roots to the ends using a bristle brush.
Step 3: Create your bun.
“Take the ponytail and wrap it around the base of the ponytail to form a bun. Make use of a few bobby pins to keep it in place below.”
Step 4: Soften by pulling out some wispy tendrils.
“Starting with the front part of hair that was trimmed away, take out any soft strands that you wish to keep around your face, then twist the hair away from your face towards the ponytail, continuing the circular motion around the bun.” “Get a firm grip on things.”
Step 5: Backcomb for volume, then finish.
When you’ve attained the softness you’re looking for, use your fingers and a fish-tail comb to squeeze and tease the crown and bun itself until you’re satisfied with the result, then spray hairspray in place to finish the appearance.” L’Oréal Elnett is a favorite of ours because of its silky, brushable finish.
Messy bun inspiration
The perfect bun may be found for almost every style or hair type or texture or tone. Check out the best messy bun looks from the most renowned people on social media, including A-list hairstylists, influencers, and celebrities.
1. Elegant chignon
The woman at home expresses gratitude to Mary Geoghegan of KH Hair Group for her time and competence. Since becoming the editor of woman and home’s Beauty Channel, Fiona Mckim has experimented with more beauty products than she has eaten hot dinners, and nothing makes her happier than raving about a fantastic find on womanandhome.com or her instagram grid (@fionamckimif you like hair experiments and cute shih-tzus). Fiona joined lady home as Assistant Beauty Editor in 2013, where she learned everything she needed to know from industry great Jo GB, who mentored her throughout her career (clue: learn about ingredients and employ extreme cynicism).
She’s a skincare enthusiast who can’t seem to resist adding an extra step to her regimen.
Basically, she enjoys everything.
When you think about it, hot dinners and cosmetic products are probably about equal in importance.
Hair Buns on Women.Do Men Not Like Them? (head, curly, sexier) – Fashion and Beauty -clothes, shoes, hair care, skin care, makeup, designers. – Page 2
Please registerto participate in our discussions with 2 million other members – it’s free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After youcreate your account, you’ll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
|Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida11,771 posts, read11,019,260timesReputation: 26636|
|Location: OHIO2,575 posts, read1,601,517timesReputation: 5944|
|Location: Raleigh11,735 posts, read9,106,362timesReputation: 16621|
|07-26-2018, 02:19 PM|
|Sometimes just changing your hairstyle, anyway at all, gets you noticed. Maybe that’s what happened to OP.I get more looks in ponytail, not bun but also not a low pony tail, a jaunty one that will fit through a ball cap (which I do not wear ever). Ponytail is a younger look than a bun. I agree a low tail looks sad.I wear my hair for function not getting noticed (as long married woman ha) and hubs likes it down best. Some hair looks sexy in a loose bun, mine looks librarian-ish and I wear it like that often. Functional.|
|Location: San Antonio, TX11,490 posts, read24,271,189timesReputation: 27862|
I would not tell a woman she can’t wear her hair how she wants.
And if my wife wore it in a bun or pony tail a lot I’d tell her I wasn’t a fan of it.
|Location: 500 miles from home33,965 posts, read20,109,712timesReputation: 25744|
They look lovely and elegant on a lot of women. I’m getting tired of long, straight hair.
|07-26-2018, 10:13 PM|
|Quote:Originally Posted byAtlanta_BDSo I just had a conversation with a female friend of mine (I am female also).I explained to her that lately I’d been wearing my hair in a low ponytail, and as such men don’t notice me. I shared with her that I put my hair up in a high bun for the first time yesterday and men started noticing me.She informed me that it is well-established that men don’t like women with buns. That it’s all over the internet and even the men in her office say how they don’t like buns on women. I told her I have never heard from men in my life that they don’t like hair buns on women.I hear woman say they don’t like man buns, but I never have heard a man say that he doesn’t like buns on women.Not only did men started checking me out since I put my hair up in this way, they were more polite to me and opened doors for me. For some reason this hair change made me stand out whereas it seems men didn’t notice me at all with a simple low ponytail.So, I’d like to hear from the men here.Do you have any thoughts on this? Do you find hair buns on women particularly unattractive?Now I am curious.ETA:Buns seem to be a big trend now, and I see a lot of styles that I think are pretty.If it works for you, stick with it.|
Pleaseregisterto post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned. Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site:City-data.com.
All times are GMT -6.