10 Brilliant Ways to Use Up Leftover Hot Dog Buns
It would be a shame to throw away a perfectly excellent bun. Want a dose of cold, harsh truth delivered straight to your inbox? If we continue to buy hot dogs by the pound and hot dog buns by the pack of eight, we will always have more of one than we require of either. In my family, thebuns are the most often encountered. Moreover, while food waste isn’t the most serious problem you’re likely to encounter in life, no one goes to a summer picnic with the intention of wasting food. You can certainly use your leftover hotdog buns as a substitute for sandwich bread in a hurry, stuffing it with chicken salad or deli meat to your heart’s content.
DIY croutons are one of the most simple things you can do to elevate your salads and soups to a higher level of flavor. All you have to do now is chop up your leftover buns into cubes, and combine them with a drizzle of oil or melted butter (or both), a pinch of salt, and any additional seasonings of your choosing. Bake at 375° for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the bread cubes are golden brown, after which they should be spread on a sheet pan. (Continue to stir the pan halfway through the cooking.)
French Toast Sticks
Give your buns the French toasttreatment and serve them with a side of warm maple syrup to complete the meal. You just prepare a basic French toast custard recipe, such as this one, and then dip and griddle the buns in the custard like you would any other slice of bread, resulting in delicious French toast.
Given that we’ve previously proved that incorporating bread into a salad is a certain way to improve almost any dish, why not get creative and make a panzanella with your leftover barbeque buns? This BLT Panzanella is especially delicious throughout the warmer months.
Hot dog buns may be used as a thickening for any soup that you want to make more flavorful, from gazpachot to ribollita, for example. Give it a shot in your next batch of soup.
Homemade Bread Crumbs
Buttery handmade bread crumbs, which are similar to croutons, are a terrific ingredient to keep on hand. A plastic container of them is always in my freezer, and I keep them there for emergencies.) Season roasted vegetables, bowls of pasta, salads, soups, and anything else that may use a little toasted crisp with a little flavor. Take a look at this simple recipe for toasted bread crumbs, then grab some buns and get to work.
Because hot dog buns are similar in form to lady fingers, why not use them as lady fingers? This simple version of tiramisu is made with King’s Hawaiian bread, but if you have an overabundance of buns, you may use the half buns to make the layers of the “cake.”
Bread pudding is a delicious and simple dessert that can be made from leftover buns. To make this delectable custard dessert, you may use a combination of hot dog buns and any other stale white bread goods you happen to have lying around the house.
Except if your buns are really stale, it is recommended that you cube them and toast them gently in the oven before using them in the bread pudding recipe. Try using your dog buns in a bright Summer Pudding for a no-bake twist on this classic treat.
Garlic Bread Sticks
Whether it’s spaghetti night or not, no one will object if you mix up a loaf of homemade garlic bread sprinkled with Parmesan and oregano before serving.
Nobody will object if you make a batch of handmade garlic bread and top it with Parmesan and oregano, whether it’s for a spaghetti night or otherwise.
Recipes for Using Up Leftover Hot Dog Buns
In the event that you have a few extra hot dog buns, they don’t have to go to waste. It is possible to incorporate them into a variety of different recipes and cuisines with a little imagination.
Banana PB and J
To assemble this sandwich, do the following:
- Spread grape jelly on one side of the bun and peanut butter on the other
- Assemble the sandwich. Place a banana in the center of the bun once it has been peeled
- To finish off the sandwich, top it with sliced nectarines and peaches.
Strawberries and Cream
To make this stunning pink and red sandwich, follow these steps:
- 1/2 cup strawberries should be blended and folded into the whipped cream
- To decorate one side of the hot dog bun, pipe on some whipped cream. Cut two strawberries in halves and arrange them on the other side of the bun
- Optional: sprinkle a few raisins on top.
Pizza “boats” are a no-fail dish that everyone enjoys making and eating. From a single bun, you may construct two boats.
- Pizza sauce, leftover hot dog buns, 1 (16-ounce) container of mozzarella cheese, and 1 to 2 cups of mozzarella cheese Toppings of your choosing, such as tuna, sausage, onions, or mushrooms
- Preheat your oven’s broiler to high heat. Separate the sides of the hot dog buns by opening them up. Place the cookies or baking sheet on a baking sheet
- Distribute the pizza sauce over the open bread halves as evenly as possible. You can top it with whatever you like. Cheese should be sprinkled on top of the buns. Place under the broiler for a few minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbling. According on your oven and the quantity of cheese on each side, it might take anywhere from 3 to 10 minutes to complete this process. Continue to keep an eye on the oven to ensure that the boats don’t burn.
In your oven, turn on the broiler. Separate the sides of the hot dog buns by opening them. Place the cookies or baking sheet on a baking sheet. Distribute the pizza sauce over the open baguette halves as evenly as possible; Dress with your favorite toppings. Top the buns with cheese and serve immediately. Place in the broiler for a few minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Depending on your oven and the quantity of cheese on each side, this might take anywhere from 3 to 10 minutes.
- Set your oven’s broiler on high. Open the hot dog buns and cut the sides apart. Place on a baking pan or cookie sheet
- Distribute the pizza sauce over the open bread halves in a thin layer. Choose your own toppings
- Cheese should be placed on top of the buns. Place under the broiler for a few minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Depending on your oven and the quantity of cheese on each part, this might take anywhere from 3 to 10 minutes to complete. Keep an eye on the oven to make sure the boats don’t burn
- The oven should be preheated at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the sliced buns in a large mixing bowl with a tight-fitting cover
- Combine the onion powder, garlic powder, parsley, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl until thoroughly blended. Pour the seasoning mix over the buns, cover with the lid, and shake vigorously
- Drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil over the top. Start with one tablespoon and shake the bowl while covering it with the lid. Open the container to see whether additional tablespoon of dressing is required to coat the croutons. Continue to coat the croutons until they are completely covered. Sprinkle croutons on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake for about 10 minutes, or until the croutons are dry and toasted
Easy Sweet Zwieback Toast
Zwieback is a traditional German bread recipe that calls for baking bread with a sweetened combination of sugar and butter before serving. While other recipes call for eggs, this one uses only butter and sugar, baking at a low temperature for an extended period of time in the oven. A wonderful recipe for uncut hot dog buns, this one is for you. Per remaining bun, you should be able to collect at least six pieces. Depending on how effectively the buns absorb the butter, this recipe should yield three to four dozen buns total.
- 2 cups of melted butter
- 1/2 cup of granulated white sugar
- 2 cups of flour leftover hot dog buns, split into 1″ thick chunks, with the ends thrown away
- Preheat the oven to 200 or 250 degrees Fahrenheit (the lowest temperature you can get above warm)
- Combine the butter and white sugar in a large mixing bowl. With the help of a fork, completely submerge each bun in the butter/sugar mixture. Place each one on a piece of parchment paper that has been put on a cookie sheet or baking pan
- Please do not crowd the slices
- Provide at least 12″ of space between each one
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and bake for 4 to 8 hours. When the pieces are crisp and firm, they are ready to eat. Prepare sure to keep an eye on your oven the first time you make this so you know how long it takes at the lowest temperature. Keep leftovers in an airtight container to avoid spoiling.
More Ways to Use Leftover Hot Dog Buns
You don’t need a particular recipe to make use of the hot dog buns you have left over. Instead of using bread, try substituting it in a number of recipes and cuisines.
- In order to make use of your leftover hot dog buns, you don’t need to follow a complicated method. Instead of using bread, you may use a range of other ingredients in a variety of recipes.
Don’t Discard Leftover Buns
Despite the fact that you’ve run out of hot dogs, the buns may still be used in a variety of delectable meals. These buns may be used in a variety of dishes, no matter what sort of food you prefer cooking, from savory to sweet. LoveToKnow Media was founded in the year 2021. All intellectual property rights are retained.
What to do with Hot Dog Buns! – Eugene Area Gleaners
We occasionally receive a large number of hot dog buns at our bread drops. This week, in particular, I loaded up my Dodge Grand Caravan with Hot Dog Buns and drove throughout town (I wish I had taken a picture). The fact that hot dog buns are available for pickup from bread drop sites may be overlooked by many people because, well, they appear to be an item that should only be used for one thing. hot dogs. Some people dislike hot dogs, others are vegetarians, yet others believe the bread is of poor quality, and still more believe that even if they do enjoy hot dogs, they will never consume that many.
- Of course, as gleaners, we don’t want anything to go to waste.
- I was thinking about that!” “I could really use some hot dog buns right now!” The classic hot dog (or veggie dog) is a must-have in any household.
- MORNING BREAKFAST (click each option for recipes) French Toast Sticks Prepared the Night Before French Toast Casserole is a dish that is made with French toast.
- Bake King Ranch Breakfast is a breakfast dish that is popular in the United States.
- Chicken Parmesan Sub Bake (also known as Chicken Parmesan Sub Bake) Dogs on a stick Substitute Meatballs Eggplant Sandwich with Katsu Sauce Italian Sausage is a type of sausage that comes from Italy.
- A sweet treat (click on each option for recipe) Bread Pudding is a dessert that is made with bread.
- S’mores over a campfire Bread Pudding is a dessert that is made with bread.
- Other Awesome Things to Do (click on each option for more) Hotdog buns may be used in a variety of creative ways – Food Network Garlic Breadsticks Croutons Bread Crumbs are a type of crumbs.
HotDog Buns Have a Wide Range of Applications Uses for Leftover Hotdog and Hamburger Buns | ThriftyFun Delish.com – ideas on what to do with leftover hotdog and hamburger buns
What to Do With Leftover Hamburger Buns: 10+ Ideas – Shelf Cooking
Do you have a greater number of buns than dogs or burgers available? We’ll teach you how to make use of any extra hamburger buns you have! Spoiler alert: these concepts are really creative and innovative! It’s an unwritten law of cookouts: if you grill hamburgers and hot dogs, you’ll have plenty of leftover hamburger buns. Please do not inquire as to why this occurs on a regular basis. We don’t write the rules, but we can assist you in finding ways to circumvent them! *Please keep in mind that if you click on any of the links in this page, we may gain a commission at no additional cost to you.
Take a break from the grill for a moment and try one of these recipes instead!
CAN YOU FREEZE LEFTOVER HOT DOG AND HAMBURGER BUNS?
Stop throwing away your leftover buns if you’ve been doing so. Hamburger and hot dog buns keep well in the freezer, so if you don’t think you’ll use them right away, put them aside for later use in the freezer. Wrap each bun individually in plastic wrap before placing them together in a freezer bag to keep them fresh. Use them within three months of purchase to get the greatest flavor. To thaw frozen buns, either leave them out on the counter overnight or microwave them for a few seconds until they are warm.
When buns go on sale around a summer holiday, stock up on as many as you can.
You may store them in the freezer until you need them.
Probably not hot dog or hamburger buns come to mind when you think of breakfast, but that is about to change! If you ever find yourself wondering what to do with leftover hamburger buns (or hot dog buns, for that matter), here are three suggestions:
- Breakfast Sandwiches– Fry an egg, cook a sausage patty, and top with cheese before placing it on a toasted bun to serve. Green onions, spinach, or arugula can be used as garnishes to provide a splash of color. Unlike traditional French toast, which requires toast, French toast does not require toast! On a regular basis, we repurpose unused hot dog or hamburger buns! Simply make your favorite meal as usual, but substitute the buns for the bread. Breakfast Dogs (also known as breakfast dogs) – Take use of those leftover hot dog buns! Basically, all you have to do is put a slice of sausage on a bun and top it with scrambled eggs and cheese. You’ve just prepared yourself a breakfast dog.
Of course, you can also toast a bread and spread it with some frozen jam for a delicious morning side dish as well.
DINNER IDEAS FOR LEFTOVER BUNS
There are a variety of different dishes that may be served on a bun; thus, don’t restrict yourself to burgers! Consider what vegetables and meats you already have in your refrigerator and be inventive. Here are a few suggestions:
- Pulled Pork/Chicken Sandwiches — Making pulled pork or chicken in the crockpot is one of our favorite recipes. It’s the world’s simplest meal, and it’s the perfect way to make use of leftover buns
- And Make Meatball Subs by reheating leftover meatballs in a skillet and layering them on a hot dog bun with your preferred toppings. Meatball subs that are quick and simple to make
- Sandwich from the Deli – Make use of your lunch meat before it goes bad! Sub night does not necessitate the use of hoagie rolls. Although we like a chicken avocado mixture with some leftover spinach and mayonnaise as a garnish, any toppings will suffice
- In addition to making French bread pizza, leftover buns make a delicious pizza crust. Recipe for Shrimp Po Boy –Grill or cook a handful of shrimp, mix up some slaw, and use the remaining hamburger buns to make shrimp po boys. So, so, so delicious.
All of these dishes are top-of-the-line culinary gold, and we’re not even through yet! On a goal to reduce bun waste, we’ve come up with five additional suggestions to share with you.
4 MORE WAYS TO PREVENT BUN WASTE
Okay, so what else can you do with leftover buns if you don’t want to make a major meal out of them? Here are four possibilities:
- Croutons – Making homemade croutons is something we like doing! You may use leftover bread for this recipe, and we think they taste better than store-bought
- Breadsticks/Breadsticks with Cheesy Garlic – Hot dog buns may be transformed into delicious breadsticks, while hamburger buns can be transformed into creamy garlic bread. Visit this page for our go-to recipe for quick and simple cheesy garlic bread
- Bread Pudding (also known as a sourdough bread pudding)– Start by preheating your oven to 350°F and tearing the buns into bite-sized pieces before placing them in a prepared baking tray. To make the cake, combine one-half stick melted butter, four eggs, two cups of sugar, and two teaspoons vanilla essence in a large mixing bowl. Bake for approximately 25 minutes after pouring the mixture over the buns. To serve the bread pudding, we recommend topping it with a dollop of vanilla ice cream. Filler for Meatloaf and Casseroles – If you’re looking for an oatmeal or bread crumb replacement, toast and smash a couple of hamburger buns! Voila. You’ve got filling for your meatloa and a topping for your casserole
- You’ve got everything you need.
Who knew buns could be used in so many different ways?! We’re willing to bet you’ll never throw another one again.
HOW DO YOU USE YOUR LEFTOVER BUNS?
You’re now prepared to make your July 4th cookoutspread even more effective! Make advantage of these leftover hamburger bun ideas this summer, and don’t forget to fill your freezer if you notice a good deal on hamburger buns!
When you have leftover hot dog or hamburger buns, what do you do with them? Fill in the blanks with your best suggestions! Looking for more of our greatest leftovers tips and tricks? Check out our full list of resources.
- The next post will provide instructions on what to deal with leftover chips from your next picnic. These leftover rotisserie chicken dishes can save you both time and money. Before you flush your olive juice down the toilet, consider these nine creative uses for it:
You’re unstoppable at this point!
Hot Dog Bun Cinnamon French Toast
You might think that making French toast out of hot dog buns and cinnamon is an absurd idea. But believe me when I say it will come in useful when you have leftover hot dog buns and are unsure what to do with them. To solve this problem, make French toast. Children will love helping to make this cinnamon french toast dish, and everyone will like it as well. Please keep in mind that this content may include affiliate links for your convenience. I only suggest things in which I have complete faith and confidence.
DOWNLOAD THE PRINTABLE RECIPE BELOW
Hot Dog Buns For French Toast
I’m not sure about you, but every time I get buns for a special occasion, we end up with an excessive amount of leftovers. I despise throwing things out, so transforming hot dog buns into a french toast meal is ideal for me. However, even if you don’t have any left over, you can always purchase hot dog buns to use for french toast! Due to the fact that hot dog buns are thick, I enjoy preparing french toast with them. The hot dog buns for this dish can be made from any sort of hot dog bun that you have on hand.
When I cook it, my children find it to be quite enjoyable and wonderful.
- Splitting hot dog buns in half and slicing them into thirds Each hot dog bun will yield a total of 6 pieces. If you do not have sweet cream coffee creamer, you might use all vanilla almond milk
- Vanilla almond milk, or ordinary milk if that is what you like to use
- Cinnamon, eggs, butter, olive oil, and, if desired, powdered sugar and maple syrup for the topping
Splitting hot dog buns in half and slicing them into thirds. Each hot dog bun will yield a total of six pieces. If you do not have sweet cream coffee creamer, you might use all vanilla almond milk; vanilla almond milk, or ordinary milk if that is what you want; The following ingredients are optional: powdered sugar and maple syrup for the topping; cinnamon; eggs; butter; olive oil;
How To Make Hot Dog Bun French Toast
As previously indicated, cut your hot dog buns into six equal pieces. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the creamer, milk, cinnamon, and eggs until well blended. Set aside. Using a large skillet, cook the ingredients over medium heat. Toss in the butter and olive oil. French toast should be dipped and placed in a pan. The amount of french toast you can cook at one time will be determined by the size of the pan you are using. For me, it takes two rounds to complete the task. Cook the french toast for 4 minutes after it has been placed in the pan.
Each time you put a round of french toast into the pan, add a bit extra butter and oil to the pan.
Fun Ways to Eat Hot Dog Bun French Toast
French toast made from hot dog buns is ideal for filling. Don’t split the buns; instead, stuff them with your favorite flavor combinations, such as Because my children consider this to be a high-end treat, I occasionally decorate the top with whip cream and sprinkles. Try some of our other morning favorites, such as our Healthier Banana Bread or our Breakfast Sandwiches.
Breakfast Muffins in the Shape of Pancakes with Sausage Have you ever tried your hand at making hot dog bun french toast? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below! Preparation time: 5 minutes Preparation time: 14 minutes Time allotted: 19 minutes
- 1/4 cup Sweet Cream Coffee Creamer, 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 4 eggs, 1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional) and powdered sugar and syrup for sprinkling on top
- After separating the hot dog buns along their lengths, cut each side of the buns into thirds. A total of six hot dog buns will be used in this recipe. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the creamer, milk, cinnamon, and eggs until well blended
- Set aside. Using a large skillet, cook the ingredients over medium heat. Add 1/2 teaspoon butter and 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- Mix well. Half of the french toast pieces should be dipped and placed in the pan
- 4 minutes of cooking time French toast should be flipped over. Cook for another 2-4 minutes on the second side, or until the chicken is golden brown on both sides. Remove the french toast and continue the process with the remaining pieces. If desired, dust with powdered sugar and drizzle with maple syrup. ENJOY
a total of six pieces The following is the amount of food per serving: Calories:289 15 g of total fat 5 g of saturated fat 0 g of Trans Fat 0 g of unsaturated fat Cholesterol:252mg Sodium:339mg Carbohydrates:29g Carbohydrates (net): 0 g Fiber:1g Sugar:11g 0 g of sugar alcohols Protein:12g Nutrition is determined based on the goods I use, and as a result, it is not always precise.
Leftover Love: What to Do With Extra Hot Dog and Hamburger Buns
Have you ever found yourself with exactly the quantity of hot dog buns you require in a bag from the grocery store—no more, no less—in your possession? No, we didn’t think so either! This recipe will help you use up any extra buns you may have leftover from tailgate or burger night.
Haute Canines is an abbreviation for Haute Canines.
. then make this.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Crumble is a delicious dessert. Bake 1 cup coarsely shredded hot dog or burger buns on a baking sheet at 300° for 15 minutes, or until they are completely dry. Allow for cooling. Combine buns, 2 tbsp. sugar, and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon in a food processor and pulse until finely crushed. Bake for 7 minutes on a baking sheet, or until the top is crispy. Serve on a bed of yogurt. This recipe yields around 1 cup.
Burgers made with spicy ground beef
. then make this.
Cheddar Bread BLTPlace two pieces of cheddar cheese inside each of four hamburger buns. Press down with your hands to flatten. 1 tablespoon butter should be melted in a pan over medium heat. Continue to fry the buns in batches for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until the buns are crispy and the cheese has melted. Spread mayonnaise on the insides of two of the grilled cheese buns. Each bun should be topped with crispy bacon, lettuce, sliced tomato, and the other buns. This recipe yields two servings.
Dogs with Buffalo Onion Sauce
. then make this.
Frittata with Italian Sausage Fry two torn hot dog or burger buns in a medium ovenproof pan over medium-high heat until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a dish and repeat with the other two buns. 6 minutes later, add 1 sliced bell pepper and 12 lb. bulk Italian sausage to the skillet and heat, stirring occasionally, until sausage is browned and pepper is soft. Buns and 14 cup cut basil should be added at this point. 8 seasoned and beaten eggs should be added. Bake at 400° for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the filling is set.
This recipe serves 4.
Then you should make this. Sliders with Ice Cream Preheat the broiler to high heat. 6 slider buns should be cut in half. Using melted butter, brush the tops of the buns and sprinkle with raw sugar. Broil for about 1 minute, or until the top is browned. Using a dollop of your favorite ice cream, decorate the bottoms of the buns (we used pistachio). Drizzle the ice cream with chocolate syrup and top with the bun tops to finish it off! This recipe yields 6. Ananda Eidelstein’s recipes may be found here.
Italian Melt (use up hot dog buns!) #DeliFreshBOLD
This post and its accompanying images may contain affiliate connections to Amazon or other third-party merchants. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of my affiliate links, I may get a small compensation at no additional cost to you. Any supplies used may be provided to me at no cost; nonetheless, all projects and opinions expressed are solely those of the author. Are you looking forward to a delicious sandwich to complete up your weekend? Everyone, including children and adults, will appreciate my Italian melt.
I’m not sure why it is that I always have a few extras in the delivery.
You don’t want them to go to waste, do you?
Fortunately, Oscar Mayer sent me a bag of their new lunch meats to experiment with, and I have to admit that these are what makes this sandwich so delicious.
First and foremost, let us discuss Oscar Mayer’s new BOLD lunch meats range, which debuted recently. They are available in four mouth-watering new flavors:
- Italian Style Herb Turkey Breast
- Cajun Style Turkey Breast
- Maple Honey Ham
- Chipotle Season Chicken Breast
- Italian Style Herb Turkey Breast
When I received the Italian Style Herb Turkey Breast in my shipment, I immediately started experimenting with different taste combinations. Each container of Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh BOLD contains no artificial preservatives or tastes, and it also contains no artificial colors. Start by assembling your materials, which should include those leftover hot dog buns! If you don’t have hoagie rolls or any other sandwich bread on hand, you may easily make sandwiches out of ordinary bread or regular bread with butter.
Melt in the Italian Style
- 1 teaspoon zesty Italian dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 slices Oscar Mayer Fresh BOLD Italian Style Herb Turkey Breast
- 1 slice provolone cheese
- 1 1/2 slices tomato
- 1 teaspoon zesty Italian dressing
- On a hot dog bun, arrange the ingredients in a layering pattern. Preheat the pan over medium high heat and melt a little amount of butter. Once the pan is hot, fry the sandwich over medium high heat for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the sandwich. Using the back of the spatula, press the sandwich firmly on both sides while it is cooking. Remove from the oven until both sides are golden and crusty. Using a knife, cut in half and serve
If you’re using ordinary sandwich bread or rolls, you’ll want to double everything. tagging us will allow you to show off your work! The ingredients are heaped on the hot dog buns in the photograph above before they are cooked. Next, prepare the dish in a pan, as demonstrated in the image below. My mouth is salivating at the thought of another one of these delectable sandwiches. In this sandwich, the Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh BOLD is what makes it stand out. You’ll be hankering for more of that deliciously authentic Italian flavor.
- (I’m not sure how I came to know that?) This weekend, make this Italian melt sandwich for your family to enjoy.
- Also, be sure to follow Oscar Mayer on Twitter and Facebook for the latest updates.
- Thank you for your support!
- It has been more than a decade since I first started sharing Cricut instructions and craft ideas on this blog and on my YouTube channel.
Hot Dog Bun Recipes: 3 Ways to Use Leftover Hot Dog Buns
If you find yourself with an excess of hot dog buns after grilling season, consider one of these ingenious solutions to get through the excess. French toast sticks are made by splitting them apart, dipping them in a basic batter, and frying them until they are golden brown. Using only a couple of them, puree a flavorful foundation of onions and garlic to create a light and smooth soup. Simply fill them with pudding and drizzle them with homemade chocolate icing if you want to go all out. There’s a good chance you won’t miss the hot dog.
Recipe for French Toast Sticks Photograph courtesy of Alison Miksch
1French Toast Sticks
With hot dog buns in place of conventional bread, this easy French toast dish creates an inventive take on the morning staple. Due to the fact that old-school French toast is prepared with brioche, which is an egg-enriched dough similar to hot dog buns, it plays off the originalpain perdubetter than a white loaf or baguette would since old-school French toast is made with brioche Here’s how to get the recipe: Sticks of French Toast Soup with Garlic and Bread (Recipe) Photograph courtesy of Alison Miksch
2Garlic Bread Soup
What could be more persuading than hearing the words “garlic” and “bread” in the same sentence in a soup recipe? It’s literally garlic bread nirvana, transformed into a rich, creamy soup with silky texture. A pepper green salad and toasted bread for dipping are all you need to make this a complete supper. (A glass of fresh white wine with dinner wouldn’t go amiss, either.) Here’s how to get the recipe: Soup with Garlic and Bread Recipe for Hot Dog Bun Éclairs Photograph courtesy of Alison Miksch
3Hot Dog Bun Éclairs
With the help of simple store-bought materials like as hotdog buns and prepared pudding, you can whip up these éclair-inspired sweets in just 15 minutes! The end dish is a clever twist on a bakery classic: hot dog buns are packed with vanilla pudding and then covered with a fast chocolately frosting for a deliciously simple dessert. This is a great hands-on project for youngsters that can be completed with minimal supervision. Here’s how to get the recipe: Éclairs in the Shape of Hot Dog Buns
What Is There To Do With Leftover Hot Dog Buns?
Comments: 2 |Posted on August 11, 2020 | (s)
Lots of hot dog buns leftover from your barbeque? Turn them into breakfast or lunch!
We always seem to have an excessive number of buns. You, as well? We have two simple modifications that transform them into something completely different! Do your children enjoy French toast? Replace the challah in this recipe with bun halves and you’ll get the most delicious French Toast sticks ever. Buns are an eggy bread, similar to challah, and as such, they make excellent French Toast. Let’s speak about lunch for a moment. Do you eat garlic bread on a regular basis? Who doesn’t enjoy a good garlic bread sandwich?
- This change is simple enough that your children may do it on their own.
- (Are you wondering what I’m talking about?
- 14 tsp garlic powder and 14 tsp kosher salt should be added.
- In a hot dog bun, spread the butter mixture over the interior and on the top of the bun.
- Because you can’t stop at just one of them, repeat the process with a second bun.
The buns never seem to be enough for the two of us! Are you one of them, as well? They may be transformed into something entirely different with two simple tweaks. French toast is a favorite breakfast food among children. Simply swap out the challah in this recipe with bun halves to get ideal French Toast sticks. French toast can be made with buns because they are an eggy bread, similar to challah. The subject of lunch will be discussed next. Love garlic bread? Do you want to know a secret? Everyone enjoys garlic bread, after all.
- This transformation is simple enough that your children can complete it on their own without supervision.
- (Don’t know what I’m talking about?
- See this post for more information.
- Garlic powder and kosher salt (1/4 teaspoon each) should be added to the pan.
- In a hot dog bun, spread the butter mixture on the inside and on the top.
Fold in the bun and sprinkle some shredded cheese on top of it. Because you can’t stop at just one of these, repeat the process with a second bun! Panini press is used to toast the buns (or sandwich maker). Voila! Bun with no appetite gets a second chance!
Have you ever been stumped as to what to do with all of the leftover hot dog buns from your summer BBQ parties? Well, wonder no more, because I’ve come up with a fantastic technique to turn those leftover hot dog buns into a fun and tasty morning treat that the whole family will appreciate. French Toast in a Hot Dog Bun! Wonder ® bread has generously sponsored this delectable article. And, of course, you are aware that all of the thoughts presented here are solely mine. This recipe for Hot Dog Bun French Toast is so delicious that you may never want to make French toast with standard bread again after trying it out.
- Using Wonder Classic Hot Dog Buns as a starting point for this recipe for Hot Dog Bun French Toast is one of the many reasons it is so delicious.
- Since more years than I’ve lived (not to boast, but I’ve been around for a long time!) this brand has been recognized for making healthful and excellent bread goods.
- This recipe for Hot Dog Bun French Toast is best served with a dollop of whipped topping and a slice of fruit stuffed within.
- Speaking of patriotic, Wonder has teamed with the United Services Organization (USO) this summer to celebrate the selfless service of military men and women through their “Camo for a Cause” campaign, which is taking place throughout the summer.
Leftover Hot Dog Buns Recipe
What do you do with all of those stray hot dog buns left over from your summer BBQ get-togethers? Well, wonder no more, because I’ve come up with a fantastic technique to turn those leftover hot dog buns into a fun and tasty morning treat that the whole family can enjoy. French Toast on a Hot Dog Bun! Wonder ® bread has generously sponsored this delectable blogpost. In addition, please be assured that all of the thoughts presented here are solely mine. It is possible that you will never make French toast with conventional bread again after trying this recipe for Hot Dog Bun French Toast.
- Using Wonder Classic Hot Dog Buns as a starting point for this recipe for Hot Dog Bun French Toast is one of the many reasons it is so tasty.
- Since more years than I’ve lived (not to boast, but I’ve been around for a while!) this brand has been recognized for making healthful and excellent bread goods.
- This recipe for Hot Dog Bun French Toast is best served with a dollop of whipped topping and a slice of fruit on the side.
- Speaking of patriotic, Wonder has collaborated with the United Services Organization (USO) this summer to celebrate the selfless service of military men and women with their “Camo for a Cause” campaign, which will run until the end of the summer.
From now until the end of July, look for unique packaging on Wonder hot dog and hamburger buns featuring stars, stripes, and camouflage.
Make Hot Dog Bun French Toast
Making Hot Dog Bun French Toast begins with combining eggs and milk together in a large mixing bowl. then dip the buns into the egg mixture, being careful not to remove the buns from one another at the top. The amount of time it takes for the hot dog buns to absorb enough egg mixture will be determined by how fresh they are. The fresher the hot dog bun, the more quickly it will absorb the liquid that is poured on it. If you desire, you may add a few drops of vanilla essence and/or a pinch of ground cinnamon to the egg mixture.
- In a heated skillet, fry the buns until they are golden brown on both sides, once they have absorbed enough of the liquid.
- Blueberries and strawberries are two of my favorite fruits to use in this recipe, but you may use whatever fruit you prefer!
- The options are virtually limitless!
- You won’t be able to stop yourself from eating more than one!
- Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: ten minutes total time required: 20 minutes
- 1 – 13 oz. package per order (8 buns) Wonder bread Classic Hot Dog Buns
- Wonder bread Classic Hot Dog Buns A mixture of four big eggs, one cup milk (of any sort), and one pinch of kosher salt. 2 cups whipped cream or nondairy whipped topping
- 2 cups chopped up fruit of your choice (I used strawberries and blueberries)
- 2 cups whipped cream or nondairy whipped topping
- In a large mixing basin, whisk together the eggs, milk, and salt. Fill a large pie pan halfway with the egg mixture. Remove from consideration
- Hot dog buns should be opened so that they are flat, but they should not be split in half. Buns that are a day or two old or older work best. Using a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the ingredients over medium heat. (If you want, you may grease the pan with butter instead of cooking spray.) One bun at a time, dip it into the egg mixture, making sure to cover both sides of the bun. The amount of time it takes for the bun to absorb the egg mixture is dependent on how fresh it is. Buns that are fresher will absorb the liquid more quickly. Place the bun on the pan with the sliced side facing up. If there is enough room in the pan for another bun, repeat the process and place the second bun cut side down in the pan. Cook until golden brown on one side, then turn and cook the other side till golden brown on the other. Transfer to a platter and cover with plastic wrap to keep warm. Repeat the procedure for the remaining buns. Place fruit on top of the buns after they’ve been piped or spooned into them to serve. Serve as soon as possible. It is possible to coat it with powdered sugar or drizzle it with syrup.
Once they have cooled enough to handle, they can be eaten as sandwiches, or they can be eaten with a fork, much like regular french toast. Renee’s Kitchen Adventures is a trademark of Renee’s Kitchen Adventures.
If you love Hot Dog Bun French Toast, don’t forget to pin it!
Once they have cooled enough to handle, they can be eaten as sandwiches, or they can be eaten with a fork, much like classic French toast. Renee’s Kitchen Adventures is a registered trademark of 2018.
- Polish Boy Sandwiches, Homemade Refrigerator Dill Pickle Relish, and Ultimate Chili Dogs are all delicious options.
Sign up here! It’s FREE!
Receive the latest recipes and more sent directly to your email!
40+ Ways To Use Up Leftover Buns After Your Summer BBQ Or Picnic
Please forward this blog article to your friends. It’s the height of summer. It’s the season for backyard barbecues, grilling, and having a good time. However, what should you do if you buy too many hotdog and hamburger buns at once? Instead of letting them go to waste, I’m providing a slew of suggestions for how to make use of them.
- In summer, everything is more open and free-spirited. Backyard barbecues, grilling, and having a good time are all on the agenda this weekend. How do you deal with a glut of hotdog and hamburger buns, on the other hand? As an alternative to letting them go to waste, I’m providing several suggestions for how to make use of them.
It is summertime. It’s time for backyard barbecues, cooking, and having a good time. However, what should you do if you overspend on hotdog and hamburger buns? Instead of letting them go to waste, I’m providing a plethora of suggestions for how to make use of them. There are currently 16 replies to this post.
Overnight French Toast Casserole (Made with Hot Dog Buns!) – The Beard And The Baker
This page contains the following pages: Home/Breakfast/Overnight French Toast Casserole (Made with Hot Dog Buns!) French toast is very delicious. However, this quick and simple overnight French toast casserole is much better than the classic version! More importantly though, we utilized leftover hot dog buns for a delicious way to use them up. It was my good friend Tiffany who first introduced me to the delicious breakfast dish known as French toast casserole. I hadn’t tried it until I was in my mid-twenties, and now I find myself craving it every few months!
In addition, I believe it will be lot simpler.
I prepare a “small batch” version of the recipe because O and I are the only ones who consume it in our family.
But, hey, more for the rest of us.
Usually, it’s only leftover hot dog buns that get used. They should just produce four-packs of hot dog buns since we always seem to end up with too many. However, I would not have any leftover buns to utilize in this dish if such were the case. So, continue to consume the 8-packs.
Some other ideas for leftover hot dog buns.
Let’s say you buy the large pack of hot dog buns at Costco and then find you didn’t consume all 36 hot dogs in the package, here are some alternatives.
- Recipes include: homemade bread crumbs, homemade croutons, smoked turkey sandwiches, and more.
Now, I could gladly have this French toast casserole on a weekly basis and not be unhappy with it. However, there are a plethora of other delicious breakfast recipes to choose from, so here are a few of our other favorite morning meals to try.
- White Chocolate Raspberry Crumb Muffins with a white chocolate glaze. Oh my my, they are delectable. Scones with ham and cheese have a delicious crumb topping that is wonderfully sweet, crispy, and delicious. Joel makes the BEST scones and biscuits in the entire world. It’s possible that it has anything to do with the amount of butter he puts in them. Regardless, you must prepare these savory scones as soon as possible
- Pumpkin Donut Holes are a must. These are really simple to make and quite addictive. Everybody’s fall meal should include them without hesitation.
French Toast Casserole
- Raspberry Crumb Muffins with White Chocolate Frosting Oh my my, they are really delectable! Scones with ham and cheese have a delicious crumb topping that is both sweet and crispy. In my opinion, Joel produces the best scones and biscuits in the entire world. The amount of butter he uses to stuff them might be a contributing factor. Make these delectable Pumpkin Donut Holes as soon as possible, regardless of your circumstances. These are really simple to make and quite addicting to consume. Everybody’s autumn menu should undoubtedly include these.
- Half a cup all-purpose flour
- Half a cup tightly packed brown sugar
- One teaspoon ground cinnamon
- One-quarter teaspoon ground nutmeg
- One-quarter teaspoon salt
- Half a cup cold butter (1 stick) cut into pieces
- Butter the loaf or bread pan and set it aside. Hot dog buns should be ripped into large pieces and placed in a pan. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, heavy cream, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until well combined. Pour the mixture over the hot dog buns in an equal layer. Wrap the pan securely with plastic wrap, ensuring that it does not come into contact with the mixture and just covers the surface of the pan. Place in the refrigerator and allow it cool overnight
- As soon as you are ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare the topping. In a medium-sized mixing basin, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg until well combined. Add the cubed butter and, using a pastry cutter (or your fingers), combine until the mixture is pebble-like in texture. Remove the casserole from the refrigerator, peel away the plastic wrap, and sprinkle the topping evenly over the bread mixture in an equal layer over the top. Bake for 45 minutes for a softer casserole and an hour for a harder dish in the oven. Remove from the oven and set aside for a few minutes to cool. Serve with fresh fruit, syrup, or powdered sugar on top, or just eat it plain. Leftovers should be covered and refrigerated, and they will keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Simply reheat in a microwave-safe bowl until hot.
Mrs Frugal is a freelance writer who likes cooking and crafting simple and delectable recipes. She is married and has two children. She may frequently be spotted in the kitchen preparing meals. With these ten simple and tasty recipes, you can completely transform your hot dog buns. Hot dog buns have never tasted better than they do now! Today’s hot dog is rarely seen without its bun, which serves as the hot dog’s securing device. Whether you’re enjoying a backyard barbecue, attending a sporting event, or spending the day at the fair, hot dogs and their buns are a fantastic match.
- They are available in a number of packaging options, with each container typically containing eight buns.
- Some believe it originated at the 1904 World’s Fair in St.
- A Bavarians concessionaire called Anton Feuchtwanger is claimed to have been serving hot dogs at the time.
- When Anton realized he wasn’t getting the gloves back, he turned to his brother, a baker, for assistance.
- Another anecdote, which dates back to the 1800s, tells of a street seller who sold sausages and rolls on the streets of London.
- The majority of individuals have had an excess of hot dog buns at some point in their lives.
- In the freezer, you may keep them for up to a month and then thaw them out on your counter top.
- Instead of storing them in your freezer and maybe forgetting you have them, you can cook a new meal that is both simple and tasty instead!
- Flickr CCGarlic bread is a simple, quick, and tasty side dish to serve with hot dog rolls.
Hot Dog Bun Recipes
Mrs Frugal is a freelance writer who likes cooking and crafting simple and delectable recipes. She is married with two children. The kitchen is where she may frequently be found. Using these ten simple and tasty recipes, you can completely transform your hot dog buns. This is the best hot dog bun you’ve ever had. Today’s hot dog is rarely seen without its bun, which serves as the hot dog’s sleeve. You may enjoy hot dogs and their buns at any time of the year, whether you’re enjoying a backyard barbecue or attending a sporting event.
In most cases, eight buns are included within a variety of packaging.
A Bavarians concessionaire called Anton Feuchtwanger is alleged to have been serving hot dogs at the location.
He contacted his brother, who happens to be a baker, when he realized he wasn’t getting the gloves back in time.
Everyone knows that hot dog buns are intended for use with hot dogs, but did you realize that they can be used for other things as well?
What about that extra pack or two from the barbecue, Super Bowl, or birthday party you went to last weekend?
It is simple to freeze anything; but, what about creating something new?
Make a new dish that is quick, easy, and tasty instead of storing them in your freezer and maybe forgetting about them. The croutons made from hot dog buns are fantastic! With hot dog buns, this garlic bread is simple, quick, and tasty. Flickr CC The Commons has a lot of great pictures!