The Healthiest Fast Food Desserts You Can Order
Previously, we’ve discussed the healthiest burgers and breakfasts to get when you’re in the mood for fast food. Our healthy salads have even been covered because such items may be silent murderers when consumed in large quantities. But we know what you’re actually interested in hearing: that it’s perfectly acceptable to indulge in a small amount of dessert. And it is. if you make the right choice. Because, as fate would have it, the most popular desserts at any restaurant are generally the most indulgent (we’re looking at you, McFlurry), but we identified a few sweets that won’t leave you nursing a nasty food baby later in the day.
Carl’s Jr. has graciously provided this image. This isn’t going to be the most delicious piece of cheesecake you’ve ever eaten (we’ve got you covered on that front), but it also isn’t going to throw your diet entirely off track. It has only 290 calories and 21 grams of sugar, making it a relative winner among fast food desserts. Almost fool yourself into thinking you’re simply eating fruit for dessert if you keep your attention on the strawberry swirl on top of the cake.
Wendy’s has graciously provided this image. A visit to Wendy’s would be incomplete without indulging in a Frosty (what would you dip your friesin?!) , therefore keep the following in mind when you’re doing it: The simplest solution is the best. The flavor is Vanilla rather than Chocolate, which contains more calories, and the portion size is Jr.-sized. Yes, that item has been removed off the children’s menu, and you may thank us later for saving you 500 calories and 10 grams of fat on this occasion.
You may try as hard as you want, but a McFlurry isn’t going to make it into this list. In any case, the machines are constantly broken. After a Big Mac, an oatmeal raisin cookie is a treat that you may enjoy without feeling guilty. In a single serving of Mickey D’s treat, there are 140 calories and just 12 grams of sugar. It appears that the cookie that everyone’s mother loves to make is indeed worth eating.
Taco Bell provided this image. The teeny-tiny Cinnabon Delights appear to be much more fatty than they actually are due to their size. They’re similar to doughnut holes filled with icing, and a two-pack contains just 160 calories, 10 grams of sugar, and 9 grams of fat, which is incredibly low for a snack food. Twists from Taco Bell are a close second, with 170 calories and 12 grams of sugar in addition to 6 grams of fat per serving.
Every single dessert at Arby’s is loaded with sugar, but the vanilla shake may be the least objectionable of the lot. The snack size contains 37 grams of fat (compared to the chocolate and jamocha, which each have 50 grams). Furthermore, with only 250 calories, it will not entirely exhaust your daily calorie allowance.
Pret A Manger
Pret A Manger provided the image. The list of ingredients in Pret’sHarvest Cookie seems like something your grandmother would be delighted to prepare for you: cranberries, walnuts, raisins, and rolled oats, to name a few items.
The cookie itself is little more than an overstuffed oatmeal raisin cookie, but it has 5 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber, so it’s not a complete waste of calories. (By the way, there are 280 cookies in the cookie jar.)
Thanks to Popeyes for the use of their logo. If you’re still hungry after a meal, Popeye himself would probably advise you to eat another helping of spinach, but we’ll tell you it’s fine to indulge in a piece of the Hot Cinnamon Apple Pie from his eponymous franchise. Although it is not the healthiest dessert (that honor belongs to the Mississippi Mud Pie, which has 280 calories), it has just 12 grams of sugar, which is less than half the amount found in the mud pie. It also has less than a third of the fat (6 grams) found in Popeyes’ pecan and sweet potato pies, which are equally delicious.
Thanks to Popeyes for their assistance. Having a piece of the Hot Cinnamon Apple Pie from the eponymous restaurant is perfectly OK if you’re still hungry after a meal, and Popeye himself would definitely advise you to go for it if you’re still hungry after a meal. The Mississippi Mud Pie, at 280 calories, is the least caloric of the three desserts, but it includes just 12 grams of sugar, which is less than half the amount found in the Mississippi Mud Pie. Not only that, but it’s also less than a third the fat (6 grams) of Popeyes’ pecan and sweet potato pie.
We give credit to thecoffee behemoth for making scones look worthwhile once more. (Though they weren’t always known as the most popular pastry on the street.) Its mini vanilla bean scone is just 120 calories and has 8 grams of sugar as well as 4.5 grams of fat. Please, two more! Delish may be found on Instagram. Sarah Weinberg is a writer and editor based in New York City. Editor-in-Chief The deputy editor at Delish, Sarah Weinberg has previously worked as a food and travel journalist for a variety of magazines, including Food Network Magazine and Country Living.
You may be able to discover further information on this and other related items at the website piano.io.
The Best Fast-Food Desserts, According to an RD — Eat This Not That
Everyone knows that fast food isn’t exactly called “health food,” but if you find yourself in the position of needing a quick, easy meal, it’s likely because you’re in the mood for something quick and convenient. Taking a well-balanced approach to eating is beneficial to your general health, thus it is acceptable to indulge in fast food every now and then. Moderation is essential! And same frame of mind applies when it comes to fast-food desserts as well. It’s important to remember some of the better fast-food menu selections — desserts included — if you want to stay on track with your weight-loss and healthy eating objectives.
- For her recommendations on the finest fast-food desserts to purchase the next time you find yourself driving up to the drive-thru, we chatted with Marysa Cardwell, MS, RDN, CD, CPT, and consultant for Lose It!
- Wendy’s/Facebook For one vanilla Frosty, there are 190 calories, 5 grams of fat (3 grams of saturated fat, 0 grams of trans fat), 90 milligrams of sodium, 32 grams of carbohydrates (0 grams of fiber, 27 grams of sugar), and 5 grams of protein.
- In fact, she “cannot leave Wendy’s without picking up a junior Frosty,” as she puts it.
- It is possible to have a sweet treat without exceeding your daily sugar and calorie objectives by moderating the serving size of the Frosty, according to Dr.
- Vanilla Frosty has less calories than chocolate Frosty, but don’t deny yourself if you love chocolate because a Junior size of that flavor has 200 calories.
- Per cookie, there are 120 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat), 70 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrates (1 g fiber, 12 g sugar), and 1 g protein.
- You should feel free to include a chocolate chip cookie with your Kentucky Grilled Chicken (or fried chicken!) purchase when placing your order at the restaurant.
Including one cookie with your meal can help you stay on track to achieve your health objectives.
In one pie, there are 236 calories, 16 grams of fat (6 grams of saturated fat, 0 grams of trans fat), 260 milligrams of sodium, 35 grams of carbohydrate (1 gram fiber, 12 grams of sugar), and 3 grams of protein.
Fortunately, you are not required to do so.
Allow yourself to indulge in this delectable pleasure.
The following are the nutritional values per slice: 320 calories, 17 grams of fat (10 grams saturated fat, 0.5 gram trans fat), 250 milligrams of sodium, 35 grams of carbohydrates (1 gram fiber, 23 grams sugar), 7 grams of protein However, despite the fact that the Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake from Carl’s Jr.
- Another plus is that it contains 7 grams of protein, which is a significant amount.
- Taco Bell and Facebook are two examples.
- The cinnamon twists are the superior choice out of the two options.
- Added to that, it’s devoid of cholesterol and trans fats.
- Thanks to Dairy Queen for providing this image.
- How can you possibly decide what to eat and drink when you come to visit?
- There are a variety of flavors to select from, but the Choco-Brownie is your best pick if you’re looking for a healthier dessert option.
- Approximately 200 calories, 10 grams of fat, and 18 grams of sugar are contained in a single slice.
- In one slice, there are 310 calories, 17 g fat (none saturated fat, 0 trans fat), 260 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate (one gram fiber, twenty-two grams sugar), and 7 g protein.
(In comparison, a slice of cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory generally has between 1,000 and 2,000 calories and around 100 grams of fat!) Because Jack in the Box’s other dessert selections are mostly comprised of milkshakes with more than 1,000 calories, the NY Style Cheesecake takes the cake as the finest fast food dessert at this establishment.
On one slice: 300 calories, 19 g fat (12 g saturated fat, no trans fat), 220 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate (including 1 g fiber and 22 g sugar), and 3 g protein.
About 300 calories, 19 grams of fat, and 22 grams of sugar are contained inside this treat. It is OK to consume this in moderation, and if in doubt, feel free to share it with a loved one.
Finding a Keto Dessert at a Fast Food Restaurant
You might believe it’s difficult to get a keto-friendly dessert in a fast-food establishment. But that’s not true. You’re prepared yourself to just push past your hunger. While it is true that it is difficult to locate desserts that are suitable for those following the ketogenic diet. It’s not impossible, by any stretch of the imagination. Is it time for you to place your order? Get to the list of available alternatives right away! In this post, we’ll go over some of your alternatives if you’re going to a fast food restaurant and want something sweet to finish off your meal.
The problem with fast food desserts on keto
When you use the words “keto” and “dessert” in the same sentence, there is a basic difficulty that you will encounter – especially when you include the words “fast food.” You know, most sweets are quite sweet, and they almost always include a significant amount of sugar. Sugar, as you may be aware, equals carbohydrate intake in large quantities. Because keto is a low-carbohydrate diet, here is where things go awry. Because most ‘normal’ desserts contain so much sugar, they should be avoided entirely while following a ketogenic diet — regardless of whether you’re seeking for fast food or not.
Keto fast food dessert: your best chances
Having saying that, there are several notable outliers. Let’s take a look at what you have to choose from while you’re eating at a fast-food establishment.
McDonald’s is the first on the list. Just to be clear, if you’re searching for a keto dessert, you’ll have to forgo all of their standard offerings such as ice cream, milkshakes, and any form of cookie or muffin. Fruit, on the other hand, is an alternative option. Fruits are a love/hate meal for keto aficionados since the vast majority of them are not keto-friendly in any way. The majority of fruits, in fact, contain a significant amount of carbohydrates. Having said that, even a small amount of fruit is still preferable to indulging in a chocolate muffin.
When consumed in modest quantities, they can be enjoyed as a dessert when following the ketogenic diet.
McDonald’s is no longer in business, which is a shame.
We’ll go on to another renowned fast food establishment. The Wendy’s choice is actually marginally superior to the McDonald’s alternative, even though both are made of fruit. At Wendy’s, you may have a ‘Berry Burst Fruit Cup,’ which is, as the name says, a cup filled with berries and served warm. As previously stated, the majority of fruits are not actually suitable with a ketogenic diet. However, berries are *! Raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries don’t have a lot of carbohydrates, therefore they’re fine to eat when on a ketogenic diet (in small amounts).
* Blueberries should be avoided at all costs. Keep in mind that the Wendy’s Berry Cup makes for an excellent keto fast food dessert choice if you’re searching for something quick and easy.
3. Five Guys (and others)
When it comes to keto fast food desserts, some well-known fast-food restaurants have few to none to offer. It may be necessary to use your own imagination in order to personalize your purchase and make it keto-friendly. For example, at Five Guys, you may request that they bring you whipped cream and strawberries in a separate dish (essentially combining two of their milkshake topping options). You’ll have a delicious dessert that’s safe to consume while following a ketogenic diet. Of course, you’ll have to expressly request this because it isn’t included in the usual menu.
One point to add is that you can always have a cup of coffee if you want to.
Furthermore, you will reap the additional health advantages of coffee as a bonus!
Making some keto “fast food” dessert at home
Making your own keto-friendly dessert may be the best option if you’re trying to indulge in something sweet but not too heavy. Even though it may not be precisely the “quick food” you were looking for, we believe it still counts — depending on how you look at it.
1. Online recipes
It is possible to find a large number of excellent recipes on the internet. Consider a keto chocolate cake or low-carb cupcakes as examples. Despite the fact that you may not be very experienced in baking and/or cooking, the most of them are not difficult to prepare.
2. Weird milkshake alternative
While looking for keto dessert ideas, we came across this one from a Reddit member who offered some excellent suggestions. Taking some orange soda and adding some whipped cream, he argues, will satisfy a milkshake appetite just as well as a traditional milkshake. Despite the fact that it sounds horrible – at least to us – it is reportedly really pleasant and a refreshing alternative to a traditional milkshake.
3. Say cheese
Finally, but certainly not least, one of our particular favorites is to indulge in a dish of cheese. A great modest assortment of various cheeses makes for a completely acceptable dessert option. It’s also really tasty, and depending on the type of cheese used, it can be made totally keto-friendly. For those seeking for an easy keto fast food dessert to cook at home, some excellent cheese could simply be the most straightforward option available.
In conclusion, it is evident that a keto fast food dessert is quite unusual, mostly due to the fact that most desserts are extremely sugary. Sugar and the ketogenic diet do not mix well. See also: How to Make a Keto-Friendly Pizza Crust We hope that the solutions listed above have provided you with some inspiration. If you have any other recommendations, or if you want to share your favorite keto fast food dessert dish, please let us know in the comments section of this article.
11 Keto-Friendly Fast Food Places & What to Order – Kiss My Keto Blog
There are several keto fast food establishments that allow you to personalize your meals. Here are 11 locations to consider, as well as what they have to offer. Many keto-ers rely on home-cooked meals to help them remain on track with their diet. The reason for this is because convenience food firms, restaurants, and especially fast-food franchises rarely cater to those who are following a ketogenic diet. But what happens if you end up in a fast food restaurant by accident? This means that, while your tablemates are enjoying a double burger with fries, you’ll have to get sparkling water.
It’s impossible to pick just one keto fast food choice because there are so many.
So, where can I find keto-friendly fast food restaurants?
It’s difficult to escape the world’s largest fast food restaurant, which can be found on nearly every street corner in every city. Here are some of McDonald’s low-carbohydrate alternatives. A few minor adjustments to your McDonald’s order may make a world of difference.
- Quarter Pounder with Cheese: If you order it without the bread and ketchup, you’ll be able to lower your carb intake.
You may lower the carbohydrates in the Quarter Pounder with Cheese by ordering without the bread and ketchup.
- Grilled Chicken Salad with Bacon and Ranch Dressing: Just ask for more ranch dressing and you’re ready to go
Nutrition: 440 calories | 25 grams of fat | 16 grams of carbohydrates | 40 grams of protein
- You’ve probably been wondering, “What fast food breakfast is Keto friendly?” Bacon, egg, and cheese bagel: Always go for the classic bacon and eggs! However, please refrain from eating the bagel.
Nutritional Information: 300 calories | 23 grams of fat | 6 grams of carbohydrates | 17 grams of protein
- Caffè Americano: No matter how small, medium, or large the cup is, it has zero carbohydrates.
Zero calories, zero grams of fat, zero grams of carbohydrates, and zero grams of protein. Kentucky Fried Chicken is most renowned for its fried chicken, which is, well, fried. So, is KFC a Keto-friendly restaurant? Only if you order grilled chicken, one low-carb side dish, and a sugar-free beverage will you receive the discount. If you know what you’re looking for, KFC may be a keto-friendly restaurant.
- Grilled to perfection Kentucky Grilled Chicken: marinated and seasoned chicken cooked to perfection over a charcoal barbecue The following is the nutritional breakdown for one drumstick:
Nutritional Information: 90 calories | 4 g fat | 0 g carbohydrate | 11 g protein
- Green beans are a low-carb vegetable that goes well with whatever type of chicken you choose.
With your choice of chicken, green beans are a terrific low-carb vegetable to serve alongside it;
- The unsweetened Colonel’s Tea is a nutritious beverage that is high in antioxidants and low in carbohydrates.
Zero calories, zero grams of fat, zero grams of carbohydrates, and zero grams of protein.
- Pick one of the following diet sodas: Diet Dr. Pepper, Diet Mist Twist, or Diet Pepsi
Zero calories, zero grams of fat, zero grams of carbohydrates, and zero grams of protein. Taco Bell offers a variety of low-carb options that may be customized to suit the needs of the customer. Here are some of the alternatives, which range from an egg-based taco to burrito bowls. Here’s a brief piece of advice: Avoid any and all recipes that call for rice, tortillas, or bread.
- Zero calories, zero grams of fat, zero grams of carbohydrates, and zero grams of protein are provided. With a lot of customization, Taco Bell customers may request low-carb Mexican meals. Here are several ideas, ranging from an egg-based taco to burrito bowls. An easy-to-remember hint: Avoid any and all recipes that call for rice, tortillas, or bread.
Nutrition: 310 calories | 21 grams of fat | 13 grams of carbohydrates | 14 grams of protein
- Keep the tortilla and potatoes aside for the Grande Scrambler Burrito. After everything is said and done, you’re left with a dish of eggs, bacon, cheddar cheese, pico de gallo, sour cream, and cheese sauce.
Nutrition: 260 calories | 20 grams of fat | 7 grams of carbohydrates | 13 grams of protein
- Order the Power Menu Bowl without the beans and rice if you choose. Choose grilled chicken or another protein and serve it with a fat-rich sauce such as avocado ranch dressing.
Optional Bean and Rice Power Menu Bowl: Choose this option to have no beans or rice. Choose grilled chicken or another protein and top with a high-fat sauce such as avocado ranch dressing.
- Diet Pepsi: Diet soft drinks, which are sweetened with non-nutritive sweeteners, are acceptable on the ketogenic diet
- Diet Coke: Diet soft drinks are acceptable on the ketogenic diet
- Diet Coke is acceptable on the ketogenic diet
- Diet Co
Zero calories, zero grams of fat, zero grams of carbohydrates, and zero grams of protein. Chick Fil A has been hailed as one of the greatest fast food restaurants in terms of quality and customer service, so you can feel confident while buying low-carb fast food alternatives from them. It is not true that you cannot indulge in the greatest fast food chain if you are following a low-carb eating plan.
- Zero calories, zero grams of fat, zero grams of carbohydrates, and zero grams of protein are provided. Chick Fil A has been hailed as one of the top fast food restaurants in the country when it comes to quality and customer service, so you can feel confident while purchasing low-carb fast food selections. It is not true that you cannot enjoy the greatest fast food chain because you are on a low-carb diet.
Nutritional Information: 200 calories | 4.5 grams of fat | 2 grams of carbohydrates | 38 grams of protein
- Order the Hash Brown Scramble Bowl without the hash browns and substitute a grilled filet for the hash browns.
With or without the hash browns, you can have the Hash Brown Scramble Bowl with grilled filet.
- Mixed greens, Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses, and grape tomatoes make up the side salad. All of these dishes are served with charred tomato, crispy red bell peppers, and a dressing of your choosing.
Nutrition: 160 calories | 10 grams of fat | 10 grams of carbohydrates (net) | 6 grams of protein
- A side dish of kale crunch made with leafy greens and almonds, all of which are keto-friendly superfoods, is served with the main course.
Nutritional Information: 120 calories | 9 grams of fat | 8 grams of carbohydrates | 3 grams of protein
- To consider are coffee or unsweetened iced tea, both of which are zero-carb alternatives.
Zero calories, zero grams of fat, zero grams of carbohydrates, and zero grams of protein. When it comes to personalizing orders, Panera is a kind and accommodating company. Salads (with or without croutons) and bunless sandwiches are among the Panera selections. If you plan ahead of time, you will be able to successfully maintain your keto diet at Panera.
- Regular Greek Salad: There is no need to adjust this salad because it is wonderful as is, consisting of mixed greens, red onion, peppers, olives, and feta cheese.
Nutrition: 380 calories | 36 grams of fat | 5 grams of carbohydrates | 7 grams of protein
- Chicken Cobb Salad is a filling dish that has a good amount of protein, fat, and fiber. Order without tomatoes and request an additional avocado on the side.
600 calories | 40 grams of fat | 12 grams of carbohydrates (net) | 43 grams of protein
- Tea (without sugar) and coffee (without sugar and with almond milk): Order flavored water if you want to be really fancy.
Zero calories, zero grams of fat, zero grams of carbohydrates, and zero grams of protein. Keto Snacks Recipes and Collection MCTs are used to make low-carb and healthful snacks that are high in protein and fiber. SHOP RIGHT NOWA According to a recent poll, Wendy’s is the most popular fast food restaurant in the United States. If you’re a lover of this dish, here’s how to keep it low carb: Wendy’s serves a caesar chicken salad that is low in carbs and high in fat.
- Zero calories, zero grams of fat, zero grams of carbohydrates, and zero grams of protein are provided. Recipes for Keto Snacks MCTs are used to create low-carb and healthful snacks. GET STARTED RIGHT AWAYA. Wendy’s is the most popular fast food restaurant in America, according to a recent poll. This recipe is minimal in carbohydrates, so you may enjoy it too. Some of Wendy’s caesar chicken salad options are keto-friendly.
Nutrition: 760 calories | 60 grams of fat | 2 grams of carbohydrates (net) | 53 grams of protein
- South-West Avocado Chicken Salad: This salad is made with a lettuce blend and topped with grilled chicken, chopped tomatoes, pepper jack cheese, smoky bacon, and a creamy avocado dressing.
600 calories | 60 grams of fat | 10 grams of carbohydrates (net) | 43 grams of protein
- This Parmesan Caesar Chicken Salad has 5 grams of net carbohydrates and includes Romaine lettuce, grilled chicken, Italian cheese, Parmesan crisps, and Caesar dressing.
Nutrition: 560 calories | 36 grams of fat | 5 grams of carbohydrates (net) | 51 grams of protein
- Minute Maid Lite Lemonade: Each glass has only 1 g of carbohydrates.
Nutritional Information: 5 calories | 0g fat | 1g carbohydrate | 0g protein Chipotle was one of the first fast-food restaurants to offer a keto-friendly item on its menu, the Keto Salad Bowl, which was introduced last year. However, there are other items to order at the restaurant. Chipotle allows you to customize your bowls in order to reduce your carb consumption.
- Keto Salad Bowl: This dish is made up of romaine lettuce, carnitas, red salsa, shredded cheese, and guacamole, among other ingredients.
Nutrition: 590 calories | 42 grams of fat | 7 grams of carbohydrates (net) | 32 grams of protein
- Fill a Burrito Bowl with meat (or sofritas), guacamole, cheese (shredded or crumbled), lettuce (romaine or spinach), and chile salsa.
Nutrition: 450 calories | 33 grams of fat | 6 grams of carbohydrates (net) | 18.5 grams of protein
- Salad: Alternatively, you may personalize Chipotle’s salad bowl to your preferences. The macronutrients for a salad with chicken, guacamole, cheese, and queso are listed below.
Nutrition: 565 calories | 41.5 grams of fat | 7.5 grams of carbohydrates (net) | 31 grams of protein
- You might also get bottled water instead of tea if you don’t want to drink anything sweet.
Nutritional Values: 0 calories| 0 grams of fat | 0 grams of carbohydrates | 0 grams of proteinWhen ordering at Subway, stick to salads; however, you may order other products without the buns. It should be simple to eat low carb at Subway, especially with their large selection of meats.
- Tuna Chopped Salad: Made with flaked tuna, mayonnaise, lettuce, and vegetables, this salad is as healthful as it is delightful.
Nutrition: 310 calories | 24 grams of fat | 7 grams of carbohydrates (net) | 15 grams of protein
- Grilled Chicken & Bacon Ranch: Grilled chicken on a bed of lettuce, topped with Monterey cheddar cheese, bacon, and a ranch dressing of your choice.
Grilled Chicken & Bacon Ranch: Grilled chicken on a bed of lettuce, topped with Monterey cheddar cheese, bacon, and a ranch dressing of your choosing.
- Italian BMT: A salad variation of their renowned sub, composed with greens, Genoa salami, pepperoni, and Black Forest ham
- Italian BMT:
Nutrition: 240 calories | 15 grams of fat | 9 grams of carbohydrates (net) | 14 grams of protein There is no longer a necessity to abstain from Starbucks; there are alternatives that are lower in sugar and carbohydrates. When visiting Starbucks, stay away from the sugar-sweetened beverages.
- Nutritional Information: 240 calories | 15 grams of fat | 9 grams of carbohydrates (net) | 14 grams of protein. There is no longer a necessity to abstain from Starbucks
- There are alternatives that are lower in sugar and carbohydrates. Avoid sugar-sweetened drinks at Starbucks if at all possible.
Nutritional Information: 25 calories | 1.5 grams of fat | 2 grams of carbohydrates | 0 grams of protein
- When in doubt, sugar-free iced tea from Teavana is the way to go
Zero calories, zero grams of fat, zero grams of carbohydrates, and zero grams of protein.
- Steamed Almond Milk: A simple beverage that is both soothing and low in carbohydrate content.
Nutritional Information: 50 calories | 3.5 grams of fat | 4 grams of carbohydrates | 1 gram of protein
- Egg Bites with BaconGruyere: Sous Vide Egg Bites with Bacon If you eat a few of these egg bits, you’ll have a protein snack that will keep you satisfied.
Nutrition: 310 calories | 22 grams of fat | 9 grams of carbohydrates | 1 gram of protein The same low-carb ordering guidelines that apply to other burger locations apply to Five Guys: choose a protein, add low-carb toppings, and skip the bread if possible. At Five Guys, you’ll discover a variety of great low-carb alternatives to try.
- Cheeseburger: Two patties of ground beef are topped with Kraft American cheese, which has been melted. However, instead of a bun, request a lettuce wrap instead.
Two patties of beef are sandwiched together with Kraft American cheese. However, instead of a bun, request a lettuce wrap instead;
- Choosy bacon cheeseburgers wrapped in lettuce and topped with low-carb condiments like as mayo, grilled mushrooms, and mustard (optional) provide extra keto nutrients.
Nutrition: 660 calories | 53 grams of fat | 0 grams of carbohydrates | 44 grams of protein
- It’s a Bacon Dog if you don’t want the bun, and you can top it with whatever you want to make it more nutritious.
Nutrition: 320 calories | 27 grams of fat | 2 grams of carbohydrates | 15 grams of protein
- Food composition: 320 calories | 27 grams of fat | 2 grams of carbohydrates | 15 grams of protein.
Zero calories, zero grams of fat, zero grams of carbohydrates, and zero grams of protein. Alternatively, you may order a hamburger without the bread at yet another hamburger place. Although the options appear to be unlimited, here are some of the greatest keto fast food ideas to get you started. Skip the bread and go for a salad instead, along with zero-calorie beverages.
- Bacon King Jr.: When the bread is removed and the sauce is skipped, this fast food becomes the finest keto fast food.
Nutrition: 440 calories | 37 grams of fat | 1 gram of carbohydrates | 25 grams of protein
- For those looking for a challenge, a bunless version of the Double Whopper may be right up your alley.
Nutrition: 880 calories | 71 grams of fat | 2 grams of carbohydrates | 60 grams of protein
- Ham, Egg, and Cheese Biscuit:Of course, you may omit the biscuit and this still works as a terrific breakfast choice. However, it is possible that you may need to double your order.
Nutritional Information: 130 calories | 10 g fat | 1 g carbohydrate | 8 g protein
- Grilled Chicken Club Salad: Request a salad without the croutons if you want to save money.
Nutrition: 490 calories | 12 grams of fat | 8 grams of carbohydrates (net) | 35 grams of protein
- Diet Coke, Cafe Coffee, and Water: Three zero-carb beverages are available: two that are refreshing and one that is energetic.
Zero calories, zero grams of fat, zero grams of carbohydrates, and zero grams of protein. Most fast food restaurants will allow you to personalize your orders, so take advantage of this by ordering your meal without the bun, rice, beans, breading, and other carbohydrate-heavy components. If you want anything to drink, ask for more guacamole or ranch dressing and a diet Coke, a cup of dark coffee, or a cup of tea. Optional side dishes listed in this article are only a small portion of what you may have at some of your favorite fast food restaurants.
10 Fast Food Desserts With Low Calories
It’s more difficult than ever for many of us to stay away from a sweet treat during the sweltering summer months. However, the majority of fast food desserts are so high in calories that they may quickly wreck your beach body in no time. MainStreet has compiled a list of quick delights that won’t deplete your daily calorie intake in order to help individuals with a sweet craving stay in shape this season. Photo courtesy of Gudlyf ” data-full-src=” data-image-id=”ci025716d4f00c2797″ data-image-id=”ci025716d4f00c2797″ data-full-src=” data-image-id=”ci025716d4f00c2797″ data-image-slug=”10 Low-Calorie Fast Food Desserts” data-image-slug=”10 Low-Calorie Fast Food Desserts” data-public-id=”MTY4NjI4NjE0MzI5MDgzNzk5″ data-srcset=”300w” data-srcset=”300w” data-srcset=”300w” data-srcset=”300w” data-srcset=”300w” data-srcset=”300w” data-srcset=”300w” data-sizes=”(min-width: 675px) 300px, 300px” data-sizes=”(min-width: 675px) 300px, 300px” data-thumbnail=” Although McDonald’s offers a few lighter dessert alternatives on its menu these days, like a 100-calorie pack of apple dippers with low-fat caramel sauce and a moderately fatty strawberry sundae, the chain’s 7-oz.
Fruit ‘n Yogurt Parfait is probably the healthiest and most full option on the menu.
” data-full-src=” data-image-id=”ci025716d4f0082797″ data-image-id=”ci025716d4f0082797″ data-image-Fruit slug=”McDonald’s ‘n Yogurt Parfait” data-image-Fruit slug=”McDonald’s ‘n Yogurt Parfait” data-public-id=”MTY4NjI4NjE0MzI5M TQ5MzM1″ data-srcset=” 300w” data-sizes=”(min-width: 675px) 300px, 300px” data-srcset=” 300w” data-sizes=”(min-width: 675px) 300px, 300px” data-thumbnail=” Wendy’s offers a small Chocolate Frosty, which is perfect for chocolate fans.
data-Fruit title=”McDonald’s ‘n Yogurt Parfait”>Chocolate enthusiasts may get their fix by choosing for a small Chocolate Frosty at Wendy’s.
Calories in a serving: 250 6 g of fat 4 g of saturated fat 35 g of sugar Nutritional Information in its entirety Wendys.com provided the image.
data-Chocolate title=”Wendy’s Frosty”> The good news is that the restaurant offers several interesting frozen yogurt flavors that seem a lot more interesting than plain vanilla, such as berry tart, blueberry pomegranate, and the recently featured cake batter flavor.
210 calories per serving 1 gram of fat 0 g of saturated fat Sugar (33 g) Nutritional Information in its entirety “Photo courtesy of Matt Garber” data-full-src=” data-image-id=”ci025716d500042797″ data-image-id=”ci025716d500042797″ data-image-slug=”Cold Stone Creamery: Cake Batter Frozen Yogurt” data-image-slug=”Cold Stone Creamery: Cake Batter Frozen Yogurt” data-image-slug=”Cold Stone Creamery: Cake Batter Frozen Yogurt” data-image-slug=”Cold Stone Creamery: Cake Batter Frozen Yogurt” data-public-id=”MTY4NjI4NjE0MzI5NTQyNTUx” data-srcset=”300w” data-srcset=”300w” data-srcset=”300w” data-srcset=”300w” data-srcset=”300w” data-srcset=”300w” data-srcset=”300w” data-sizes=”(min-width: 675px) 300px, 300px” data-sizes=”(min-width: 675px) 300px, 300px” data-thumbnail=” Even after chowing down on a double-down, you may not have any more calories to spare.
However, those who want a little dessert with their meal may pick for KFC’s lightest choice, a strawberry shortcake parfait cup, which is served in a cup with a strawberry shortcake parfait on top.
data-title=”KFC Lil’ Bucket Strawberry Shortcake Parfait Cup”> The calories in this recipe are 220.
data-image-slug=”Krispy Kreme: Traditional Cake Donut” data-image-slug=”Krispy Kreme: Traditional Cake Donut” data-image-slug=”Krispy Kreme: Traditional Cake Donut” data-image-slug=”Krispy Kreme: Traditional Cake Donut” data-image-slug=”Krispy Kreme: Traditional Cake Donut” data-image-slug=”Krispy Kre data-public-id=”MTY4NjI4NjE0MzI4NzU1ODQ3″ data-srcset=”300w” data-srcset=”300w” data-srcset=”300w” data-srcset=”300w” data-srcset=”300w” data-srcset=”300w” data-srcset=”300w” data-sizes=”(min-width: 675px) 300px, 300px” data-sizes=”(min-width: 675px) 300px, 300px” data-thumbnail=” data-title=”Krispy Kreme: Traditional Cake Donut”>Krispy Kreme: Traditional Cake Donut Baskin-Robbins may be known for serving some of the most caloric desserts around, but the company also has a line of ice cream called Bright Choice that is designed exclusively for people who are managing their waistlines.
There are healthier choices available that are customized to many types of dietary requirements (for example, sugar-free, dairy-free, or fat-free), so you may choose the taste that best meets your needs.
90 calories per serving 0 g of fat 0 g of saturated fat 19 g of sugar Nutritional Information in its entirety Photo courtesy of Baskin-Robbins.com ” data-full-src=” data-image-id=”ci025716d4f0002797″ data-full-src=” data-image-id=”ci025716d4f0002797″ data-image-slug=”Baskin-Robbins: Bright Choices” data-image-slug=”Baskin-Robbins: Bright Choices” data-public-id=”MTY4NjI4Nj E0MzI4ODIxNjU1″ data-srcset=” 300w” data-sizes=”(min-width: 675px) 300px, 300px” data-srcset=” E0MzI4ODIxNjU1″ data-srcset=” 300w” data-sizes=”(min-width: 675px) 300px, 300px” data-thumbnail=” data-title=”Baskin Robbins: Bright Choices”>If you’re not interested in ice cream or yogurt, you may try WhataBurger’s hot apple pie instead.
It has a decent quantity of calories, fat grams, and sugar compared to other desserts.
” data-full-src=” data-image-id=”ci025716d4f0062797″ data-image-id=”ci025716d4f0062797″ The image slug for this image is: data-image-slug=”WhataBurger: Hot Apple Pie.” data-public-id=”MTY4NjI4NjE0MzI5MzQ1OTQz” data-srcset=”300w” data-sizes=”(min-width: 675px) 300px, 300px” data-srcset=”300w” data-sizes=”(min-width: 675px) 300px, 300px” data-srcset=”300w” data-sizes=”(min-width: 675px) 300px, 300px” data-thumbnail=” WhataBurger’s famed ice cream cake has just 250 calories per slice, but if you’re not confident in your ability to resist devouring the entire thing, try the chocolate flying saucers (the chain’s take on an ice cream sandwich).
230 calories, 10 grams of fat 5 g of saturated fat 20 g of sugar Nutritional Information in its entirety Image courtesy of Carvel.com ” data-full-src=” data-image-id=”ci025716d4f0042797″ data-image-slug=”Carvel: Flying Saucers” data-public-id=”MTY4NjI4NjE0MzI5NDExNDc5″ data-public-id=”MTY4NjI4NjE0MzI5NDExNDc5″ data-public-id=”MTY4NjI data-srcset=”300w” data-srcset=”300w” data-srcset=”300w” data-srcset=”300w” data-srcset=”300w” data-srcset=”300w” data-srcset=”300w” data-sizes=”(min-width: 675px) 300px, 300px” data-sizes=”(min-width: 675px) 300px, 300px” data-thumbnail=” Data-title=”Carvel: Flying Saucers”>Taco Bell may not be recognized for its low-calorie options, but it does offer a dessert with far fewer calories than most other restaurants: cinnamon twists!
calorie count: 170 7 g of fat Sugar: 10g Saturated fat: 0g Saturated fat: 0g Nutritional Information in its entirety Image courtesy of TacoBell.com The src attribute of the picture is “ci025716d4f0032797” and the data-image-id is “ci025716d4f0032797.” data-image-slug=”Taco Bell: Cinnamon Twists” data-image-slug=”Taco Bell: Cinnamon Twists” data-public-id=”MTY4NjI4NjE0MzI4OTUyNzI3″ data-srcset=”300w” data-srcset=”300w” data-srcset=”300w” data-srcset=”300w” data-srcset=”300w” data-srcset=”300w” data-srcset=”300w” data-sizes=”(min-width: 675px) 300px, 300px” data-sizes=”(min-width: 675px) 300px, 300px” data-thumbnail=” If you’re looking for something sweet and refreshing, try Taco Bell’s Cinnamon Twists.
- If you’re looking for something more filling, try Sonic’s 14-ounce Diet Coke float, which won’t make you feel like you’re missing out on your supper.
- Find out which sweet snacks are much less healthful in this MainStreet roundup of fast food desserts with the highest calorie counts.
- data-thumbnail=” Join the MainStreet crew and other readers on our vibrant Facebook page!
- To include us, please click here.
300px x 300px”data-thumbnail=” data-title=”Join us on Facebook”>
10 Fast Food Desserts With Low Calories
It’s more difficult than ever for many of us to stay away from a sweet treat during the sweltering summer months. However, the majority of fast food desserts are so high in calories that they may quickly wreck your beach body in no time. MainStreet has compiled a list of quick delights that won’t deplete your daily calorie intake in order to help individuals with a sweet craving stay in shape this season. Photo courtesy of Gudlyf
14 Fast Foods You Can Eat on a Low-Carb Diet
Even while eating out, it might be difficult to maintain a low-carb diet, especially at fast-food establishments. This is due to the fact that these meals are frequently centered on bread, tortillas, and other high-carbohydrate ingredients. Nonetheless, most fast-food places include some excellent low-carb alternatives, and many of these products may be readily tweaked to suit your dietary needs. Here are 14 delectable fast dishes that are suitable for those following a low-carb diet.
1. Sub in a tub
Submarine sandwiches have a high carbohydrate content. A normal sub has at least 50 grams of carbohydrates, the majority of which are derived from the bun. It is possible to save more than 40 grams of carbohydrates by ordering your sandwich “in a tub,” rather than on a bun. It’s possible that the carb counts for sub-in-a-tub alternatives look something like this:
- A turkey breast and provolone cheese sandwich has 8 grams of carbohydrates, one of which is fiber. Club supreme contains 11 grams of carbohydrates, of which 2 grams are fiber. Chicken salad contains 9 grams of carbohydrates, of which 3 grams are fiber. California club contains 9 grams of carbohydrates, of which 4 grams are fiber.
In spite of the fact that the term “sub in a tub” was coined by Jersey Mike’s, you may get your meal prepared in this manner at any sub sandwich establishment, including Subway. Simply request that it be served like a salad, with olive oil and vinegar for the dressing, and it will be done. SUMMARYOrder your favorite sub sandwich “in a tub” or as a salad to reduce carbohydrate consumption to a bare minimum while keeping protein intake to a bare minimum.
2. KFC grilled chicken
It is not recommended to eat fried chicken. For begin, while frying the chicken, a significant amount of oil is absorbed by the bird. High-temperature cooking of vegetable oils results in the formation of hazardous substances that may raise your risk of heart disease, cancer, and other health issues (1, 2 ). Furthermore, a medium-sized piece of fried chicken includes around 8–11 grams of carbohydrates. Ggrilled chicken is a far superior choice, which can be found at many Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) franchise locations.
If you’re looking for a side dish, green beans include 2 grams of digestible carbohydrates per serving and are by far the finest choice.
Complete nutritional information for all of the chicken selections and sides offered at KFC can be found by clickinghere.
3. Coffee or tea with cream or half-and-half
Coffee and tea are both low in carbohydrates. They also contain a lot of caffeine, which has a number of beneficial effects on the body. Caffeine may have a positive effect on your mood, metabolic rate, and mental and physical abilities (3, 4 ,5, 6 ). If you prefer milk in your cup of joe, coffee shops and fast-food restaurants frequently offer half-and-half as an option. A single-serving container contains around 0.5 grams of carbohydrates. Heavy cream is almost completely carb-free and is occasionally available.
Some coffee shops also provide soy or almond milk as an option.
For every 2-tablespoon (30 mL) serving of these milk replacements, unsweetened versions contain just a little amount of carbohydrates. A summaryIf you prefer your coffee with milk or cream, request half-and-half, heavy cream, or unsweetened soy or almond milk instead of skipping it altogether.
4. Chipotle salad or bowl
Chipotle is a Mexican fast-food restaurant that has grown in popularity over recent years. Many people believe it is healthier than other fast-food businesses because it employs high-quality products and has an emphasis on animal welfare and environmentally friendly agricultural techniques. Aside from that, Chipotle makes it incredibly simple to prepare low-carb dishes. 14 grams of total carbohydrates, 8 grams of which are dietary fiber, are contained in a salad with beef or poultry, grilled veggies, and guacamole.
Increasing your intake of protein and fiber can raise your production of the gut hormones peptide YY (PYY) and cholecystokinin (CCK), which signal to your brain that you’ve had enough to eat and help avoid overeating (7, 8 ).
Additionally, Chipotle has a convenient onlinenutrition calculator that allows you to check the precise carbohydrate amount of your dish before you order it.
5. Lettuce-wrapped burger
In the fast-food industry, a bunless burger wrapped in lettuce is a common low-carb option. A high-protein burger that is almost completely devoid of carbohydrates is offered at all fast-food burger joints. Depending on availability and personal tastes, you may further personalize your burger by adding any of the low-carb toppings or extras listed below to it:
- Cheese: Each slice has less than 1 gram of carbohydrates. Bacon has less than 1 gram of carbohydrates per slice. Mustard has less than 1 gram of carbohydrate per teaspoon
- Mayonnaise has less than 1 gram of carbohydrates per tablespoon
- Onions contain one gram of digestible carbohydrates per slice. Tomatoes: Each slice contains less than 1 gram of digestible carbohydrates. Guacamole has 3 grams of digestible carbohydrates every 1/4 cup (60 grams) of the dish.
SUMMARYAdd sauces and other toppings to your bunless burger to enhance the flavor while keeping carbohydrate consumption to a minimum.
6. Panera Bread power breakfast bowl
Located in the heart of downtown Chicago, Panera Bread serves sandwiches, pastries, soups, salads, and espresso drinks. The majority of the breakfast options are heavy in carbohydrates. They do, however, have two items on their menu that are suitable for a low-carb morning meal. The Power Breakfast Egg Bowl with Steak is made out of two eggs, steak, tomatoes, avocado, and other fresh ingredients. It contains just 5 grams of carbohydrates and 20 grams of protein. The Power Breakfast Egg White Bowl with Turkey is made out of egg whites, spinach, bell peppers, and basil, and it has just 7 grams of carbohydrates and 25 grams of protein.
The consumption of a high-protein meal early in the day helps to increase feelings of fullness and reduce appetite by lowering levels of the hunger hormone ghrelin in the bloodstream ( 9 , 10 ).
7. Buffalo wings
Buffalo wings are delectable and entertaining to consume. Depending on how they’re made, they may also be a low-carb alternative at pizza restaurants and sports bars. The traditional coating for buffalo wings is a fiery red sauce created from vinegar and hot red peppers. Typically, a serving of these buffalo wings has 0–3 grams of carbohydrate per serving. Other sauces, particularly sweet ones such as barbeque, teriyaki, and anything prepared with honey, on the other hand, can add a large amount of carbohydrates to a dish.
As a result, take careful to inquire about how the wings are prepared and to request that they be served without breading or batter.
Carrots are a healthy vegetable to consume in moderation, despite the fact that they contain more carbohydrates than many other vegetables.
About 5 grams of net carbohydrates are contained in a half-cup (60 grams) serving of carrot strips. SUMMARYSelect non-breaded buffalo wings and serve them with classic sauce, celery, and a few carrot pieces to produce a dinner with fewer than 10 grams of net carbohydrates.
8. Bacon or sausage and eggs
Sometimes the simplest breakfast choice, such as bacon or sausage and eggs, might turn out to be the most delectable. In most fast-food places, this typical breakfast combo may be found on the menu and contains a modest quantity of carbohydrates. Furthermore, eggs might help you feel full and pleased for a long period of time ( 11 , 12 ). In one study, having breakfast consisting of sausage and eggs helped to lessen hunger in overweight young female participants. Additionally, it lowers blood sugar and insulin levels while lowering calorie consumption at lunch as compared to a low-protein, high-carb breakfast ( 13 ).
As a result, the majority of health specialists advise against consuming large quantities of these items.
Nonetheless, restrict your consumption of processed meats because they have been linked to an elevated risk of heart disease and cancer in certain studies.
9. Arby’s sandwich without the bun or bread
It is one of the largest fast-food sandwich chains in the United States, with more than 2,000 locations. Arby’s offers a variety of different selections, including brisket, beef, ham, chicken, and turkey, in addition to its original and most popular dish, the Roast Beef Classic (shown above). Order any of them without the bread for a filling, low-carb, high-protein lunch that is still delicious. The company’s website includes a nutrition calculator, which allows you to tailor your purchase to keep carbohydrate intake within your goal range.
SYNOPSIS: Arby’s nutrition calculator may be used to create a high-protein meal that fits within your goal carbohydrate range.
10. Antipasto salad
Fast-food Pizza, spaghetti, and sandwiches are some of the most well-known high-carb meals served at Italian restaurants. Antipasto salad is a delightful, low-carb alternative to traditional antipasto. This salad, which is generally served as an appetizer and consists of a variety of meats, cheeses, olives, and vegetables topped with an olive-oil-based dressing, is traditionally served as an appetizer. It may, however, be ordered as an entrée in a bigger amount if desired. In an entrée-size dish, antipasto salad offers a high concentration of protein and just a few grams of digestible carbohydrates.
11. Subway double chicken chopped salad
Subway is the most well-known fast-food sandwich store in the entire globe. Since the beginning of this decade, the company has offered chopped salads that may be personalized with the protein and veggies of your choosing. Salads like the Double Chicken Chopped Salad with Avocado are among the most filling and healthful alternatives available. A massive 36 grams of protein are included inside the 10 grams of total carbohydrates, 4 of which are fiber. Avocados are high in monounsaturated fat, which is good for the heart, as well as fiber.
A comprehensive list of Subway salads, as well as nutritional information, can be found here. Subway salads with double meat, veggies, and avocados are a great and gratifying option for a quick and easy dinner. SUMMARY
12. Burrito bowl
It is estimated that Subway is the world’s most widely patronized fast-food sandwich store. Since the beginning of this decade, the business has been selling chopped salads that may be personalized with the protein and veggies of your choosing. Salads like the Double Chicken Chopped Salad with Avocado are among the most filling and healthful selections. Additionally, it has an incredible 36 grams of protein and just 10 grams of total carbohydrates, 4 of which are fiber. The monounsaturated fat and fiber found in avocados are particularly heart-healthy.
Subway salads, as well as their nutritional information, may be found at this location.
13. McDonald’s breakfast sandwich without the bread
McDonald’s is the most well-known fast-food corporation in the world, with more than 36,000 stores in more than 100 countries as of the year 2018. Aside from its burgers like as the Big Mac and Quarter Pounder, it is also recognized for its Egg McMuffin and Sausage McMuffin breakfast sandwiches, which are also quite popular. Breakfast entrées consist of an English muffin topped with one egg, a slice of American cheese, ham or sausage, and a slice of bacon. The carbohydrate content of each sandwich is 29 grams.
Ordering two low-carb sandwiches is a smart option as each sandwich will only give around 12 grams of protein.
14. Arby’s roast turkey farmhouse salad
As previously noted, ordering an Arby’s sandwich without a bread is a fantastic low-carb alternative. Arby’s also provides a Roast Turkey Farmhouse Salad, which is made out of roast turkey, bacon, cheese, mixed greens, and tomatoes, among other things. It has just 8 grams of carbohydrates, 2 of which are fiber, and 22 grams of protein, making it a healthy choice. Just be careful not to confuse it with the Crispy Chicken Farmhouse Salad, which has chicken that has been breaded and fried instead of grilled.
In summary, Arby’s Roast Turkey Farmhouse Salad is a delicious blend of tastes and textures that has just 6 grams of digestible carbohydrates per serving.
The bottom line
Most fast-food restaurants provide great low-carb meals that may be prepared by making easy adjustments to the items on the menu that are typically high in carbohydrates. Although fast food is not as nutritious as the meals you may cook at home, it’s important to know what to eat if that’s your only option when you’re out and about.