After all, why limit yourself to one bun when you could have two buns? Space buns are another term for the two bun hairstyle that was made popular by Star Wars heroine Princess Leia (therefore the other common name for the hairstyle: space buns). After then, it became fashionable in the 1990s thanks to celebrities such as the Spice Girls and Gwen Stefani (during herNo Doubtdays). Fast forward to the present day, and this haircut can be found pretty much anywhere—from festivals to your local streets to the red carpet and runway, and everywhere in between.
the festival hair queen!) to demonstrate how to get them.
First, we’ll have a look at what to do.
Divide your hair into two sections.
Begin by dividing your hair (down the center) into two equal portions with a comb or your fingers, then styling them as desired. Next, bind each portion into two low ponytails using hairbands to complete the look. To make your double low buns seem especially smooth and sleek, apply a serum such as theTONI GUY Shine Gloss Serum to help slick down any flyaways and give shine to your hair. Step No. 2
Tease and twist your pigtail.
It’s now time to get down to business! Take your first ponytail and gently twist it all the way down to the end of your hair. Repeat with your second ponytail. Step number three.
Create a bun.
To make a bun form, begin by wrapping your hair around the base of the ponytail and continuing to wrap until you have a bun shape. Once you’ve achieved the desired shape, pin it in place with as many bobby pins as necessary to keep the style in place. Step number four.
Create your second bun.
To construct your second bun, tease and twist your second ponytail like you did with the first. Step number five.
Your two buns hairstyle is complete!
The result is a pair of sparkling double low buns that will steal the show at your next gathering! Suggestions for styling: Worried that your perfectly coiffed buns may come undone? Put some VO5 Ultimate Hold Hairspray on them and they’ll be ready for any party you can throw. In addition to helping to keep your buns in place all day, this fast-drying hairspray will also protect your hair from frizz and humidity. Isn’t that interesting?
Sign up to our newsletter and get exclusive hair care tips and tricks from the experts at All Things Hair.
Articles before and after this one
Hot Right Now
As a girl with bob-length hair, I understand the frustration of waking up late and wanting nothing more than to toss your hair up in a messy bun, only to find yourself unable to do so because you don’t have enough hair to do so. Please do not misunderstand me. I really enjoy having short hair. However, the messy-bun existence is one that I occasionally yearn for. There is some bad news, though, in that buns with short hair aren’t nearly as straightforward as they are for people who have 12 inches of hair to play around with.
In fact, it’s more than probable that this will happen.
For all of my short-haired sisters out there, this one is for you.
On the days when you don’t feel like pulling out your curling iron or straightening iron, simply refer to this list for inspiration. Continue reading for a step-by-step approach to successfully pulling off buns for short hair.
Getty 1.Distribute a dry texture spray, such as Obrie’sDry Texturizing Spray($22), evenly throughout hair to provide more grip. 2.Pull your hair into a super-high ponytail and tie it with an elastic band. Don’t be concerned about making things seem nice! 3.Pull the ponytail all the way down and secure it with a clear elastic band at the bottom. Using a bobby pin, bind the braid around itself, starting at the base and working your way up the length. 5.After the braid has been coiled all the way up into a bun, fasten it with a couple more bobby pins to finish it off.
7.Spray your hair with a flexible-hold hairspray.
Sporty Space Buns
Getty1.Space buns are all the rage this summer, and now it’s your opportunity to show off your own style. To finish, part your hair down the center and spray all over with Rusk’sTexture Dry Finishing Spray ($25). 2.Pull the hair from either side of your head into a high, tight ponytail on one side. Wrap each ponytail around itself and tie it with a couple of bobby pins to finish the look. 4.The more muddled, the better! Pull each bun outward to add volume, then pull out a few loose strands to frame your face with a few loose strands.
Boho Double Knot
Getty1. To get this easy summer look, a dry shampoo such as Living Proof’sPerfect Hair Day (PhD) Dry Shampoo ($25) or a nice texture spray is essential. Apply a little mist of hairspray evenly from the midshaft to the ends.2.Divide your hair into four equal pieces, two on either side of the front and two on either side of the back.3.Take a portion from the rear and coil it around the base to form a bun. 4.Repeat the process with the opposite back area of the hair. After you’ve finished, you should have two undisturbed portions up front.5.Pull one front section toward the rear bun so that it falls over your ear.
Seventh, pull out a few face-framing bits and you’re done!
Getty1.Have you not heard the news? Compared to the topknot of yesteryear, the low bunis is incomparably cooler and colder to wear. To create the desired effect, softly back-comb the hair at the top of your head to give it lift. Make a loose, sloppy ponytail at the back of your neck and tie it off with an elastic band. Simply hold it in place for the time being; do not bind it with an elastic. (3) Twist the ponytail around itself using your other hand to form a bun shape, and fasten with pins.
Didn’t you get the memo, Getty1. Compared to the topknot of yesteryear, the low bunis is far cooler and more chilling. Using a little backcombing motion at your crown, create lift and attain the desired style. Make a loose, sloppy ponytail at the nape of your neck and tie it off with a hair elastic.
Please do not secure it with an elastic band for the time being. 3.Using your other hand, coil the ponytail over itself to form a bun shape, and fasten with pins. 4. 4.Tousle the top of the hair and leave a few short strands in the front for a no-frills bedhead style. 5.
Modern Milkmaid Bun
Getty1. Although this is more of an updo than a classic bun, it still serves the purpose of keeping your hair out of your face in a stylish manner. Begin by splitting your hair down the center and dividing it into two equal parts with your fingers. To give your hair near the crown of your head a little additional volume, back-comb it a few times. 3) Create a French braid on one side of your head, starting near to your face and working your way out to form a braided pigtail. 4. Clear elastic is used to keep it in place.
Using a bobby pin, pin the end of the first French braid behind your head to keep it in place.
7.Spray the braid with a medium-hold hair spray, such as L’Oréal Tecni, to keep it in place.
Classic Ballet Bun
This laidback variation on the traditional ballerina bun is polished and easy, as shown in the image above by Getty1. In order to begin, pull your hair back into a ponytail at the very top of your head. In the event that you have shorter pieces that fall out, pin them up at the back of your head with a bobby pin. Secondly, open the elastic and draw the hair up halfway through to form a loop to give the topknot a larger appearance. 3.Take the excess length that was left over from the loop and coil it around the base of the loop to conceal the elastic band.
Sleek Low Bun
Getty1.A slicked-back hairstyle that screams “cool chick” will have you looking as effortlessly elegant as Rihanna. This is one of the few occasions in which Rihanna wore her natural, blown-out hair without the use of extensions. Before you begin, smooth your hair back into a bun with a boar bristle brush, such as the DenmanBoar Bristle Ceramic Brush ($26). Secondly, let some of your flyaways and sideburns to dangle loosely. Don’t be concerned with everything being in exactly the right position.
3.Pull your hair back into a ponytail with the help of an elastic.
Take a second elastic band and wrap it around your topknot to secure it.
Embellished Top Knot
Getty1. Hair ornaments are timeless and will never go out of style. Furthermore, they quickly transform any bun from plain to badass. Take inspiration from Issa Rae’s Black Panthermoviepremiere performance. Begin by parting your hair into three sections in the center of your head with a rattail comb, such as Krest’sPintail Combs ($5). 2.After that, braid three little cornrows and tie them together at the crown of your head or wherever you want your bun to end up. 3.Put your hair and the ends of your three braids into a ponytail and secure it with an elastic band.
Using circular motions, wrap your braid around the rest of your hair to form a braided topknot.
To keep your braid in place, wrap it with an additional elastic band. 6. Take a bobby pin and put it directly at the front of your bun, using a hair item such as thesebeads($10) to hold it in place. Install gold cuffs throughout your braid to give it a little extra flair.
Backwards Braided Bun
Getty1. Hair accessories are something that will never go out of style! They also quickly transform any bun from ordinary to extraordinary. If you’re looking for inspiration, go no farther than the Black Pantherfilm’s premiere. First, divide your hair into three sections in the center of your head with a little rattail comb such as Krest’sPintail Combs ($5). 2.After that, braid three little cornrows and tie them together at the crown of your head or wherever you want your bun to rest. 3.Put your hair and the ends of your three braids back into a ponytail with an elastic band to secure them.
Using circular motions, wrap your braid over the top of your head to form a braided topknot.
For an extra splash of color, include gold cuffs into your braid.
How to Do Space Buns
Documentation Download Documentation Download Documentation The ultimate updo if you’re searching for something a little more out of this world than a ponytail or a top knot, space buns are the way to go. Space buns are casual, fun, and fashionable, and they look excellent whether you’re attending a music festival or watching Star Wars with your buddies. Seeing as it appears that space buns will not be departing our planet anytime soon, we’ve put together this guide to walk you through the process of making space buns from scratch.
Don’t be concerned; making space buns isn’t rocket science at all.
- Using a comb, brush your hair and part it down the center. Comb your hair until it’s smooth and free of knots or tangles, then style it as desired. And make a center part for your hair, use the handle of a rat-tail comb to run it down the middle of your head from your forehead to your nape
- 2 Make two pigtails in a row. Choose whether you want them to be high on the top of your head or low on each side of your nape—experiment to find out what works best for you. Smooth down the hair that will be pulled into the pigtails so that they are smooth and neat when they are finished. Hair ties in the color of your hair should be used to secure the pigtails.
- Allow a few strands around your forehead to hang free for a smoother finish.
- 3 Tease your pigtails if you want to add additional volume to your look. Start by lifting up your first pigtail and combing it a few times, starting at the tips and working your way down to the end of the hair tie. This should be done with the second pigtail as well. If you have thin hair, this is a fantastic idea since it will make your hair look thicker and result in larger space buns at the end of the day.
- If you like, you may wrap three-combhair extensions around the base of your pigtails as an alternative option. This will assist you in getting a bit greater volume
- 4Make your initial pigtail into a rope by twisting it over itself. Take one of your pigtails and twist it away from your face, forming a rope around your neck. The tighter you twist the rope, the sleeker and smaller your bun will come out
- 5Circle the rope into a bun and secure it with a hair band to keep it from falling down. Wrap the rope around the base of the pigtail to secure it in place. To avoid damaging your face, wrap the scarf away from you rather than towards it. Tuck the end of your hair into the bun, and then wrap another hair tie around the base of the bun
- 5 To make the second bun, repeat the procedure. Twist the second pigtail into a rope, then wrap it into a bun to finish it off. Secure the bun with a hair tie after tucking the ends of the rope under it 7 Make any necessary adjustments to your buns. Here’s where you may let your imagination run wild. Using your fingers, gently tug on the outside edges of the buns to loosen the strands if you want them to be messier or more voluminous. To add even more volume to your buns, gently tug on the hair that is being pulled into them to loosen it up. Consider the hair on the top of your head and the sides of your head
- If you accidentally left strands out of your buns, straightening them with a flat iron may be an option. Allowing them to have a wispier appearance by bending the iron towards your face rather than straight down
- Use a flat iron to straighten strands from your buns if you haven’t done so before. Curve the iron towards your face rather than straight down to give them a wispier appearance.
- 1Brush your hair and then make a center part with it. Make sure your hair is lovely and silky by combing it. The handle of a rat-tail comb may be used to create a center part in the midst of your hairstyle. Begin at the top of your head and work your way down to the nape of your neck. Using your left half of your hair, drape it over your left shoulder, and your right half over your right shoulder
- 2 Pull one-half of your hair up into a loose bun to keep it off of your face and out of your way. Take the right part of your hair and bind it up with a hair tie to keep it in place. You can wear your hair in a loose bun or even pigtails. This is irrelevant
- The aim is to keep this part of your hair out of your way while you work on the other half. 3 On the left side of your head, pull your hair into a half-up ponytail. Create a horizontal portion on the left side of your head, about at the level of your eyebrows. Make a center part in the rear of your head, beginning at the hairline and finishing at the center part in the front of your head. Organize the hair above the part into a high ponytail and tie it off with a hair knot.
- If you want to wear your ponytail on the top-side of your head, rather than the back-center of your head, do so like a dog ear.
- 4If wanted, tease your ponytail a little. Because you will be dealing with less hair than you would while constructing a standard space bun, it would be a good idea to tease your ponytail a bit before you start working. Backcomb your ponytail towards the hair knot with a brush after lifting strands of hair from your ponytail
- 5 Twist the ponytail into a bun and bind it with a hair tie to finish the look. To begin, twist the ponytail away from your face to form a rope with your hair. After that, coil the rope around the base of the ponytail to form a bun with the hair. Tuck the ends of the rope beneath the bun and secure it with a hair tie at the base
- If you twist the space bun tightly enough, it will become smaller and sleeker in appearance.
- 6Untie the temporary bun from the other side and repeat the process on the opposite side. Return your attention to the right side of your head and remove the loose, temporary bun you formed previously. Create a second half-up ponytail, tease it, and then wrap it into a bun for another look. Another hair tie should be used to secure the bun. 7 If you like, you can tease the remainder of your hair. You are not have to do this, but it is a fantastic way to complete the vintage 90s style in your wardrobe. Alternative: If your buns are beautiful and smooth, you may straighten the remainder of your hair instead.
- Even more volume may be achieved by loosening the hair that is being pulled into the buns. During this stage, you should concentrate on the sides and top of your head
- It is fine if the section in the back-center of your head disappears. You don’t require it any more
- Finish by misting the space buns with hairspray after you’ve made any last adjustments. If your buns are feeling a little loose, use bobby pins to bind them to your hair. Once you’re satisfied with the overall appearance, softly spritz your hair with hairspray to finish it off. Allow the hairspray to dry completely before heading out
- Using a comb, brush your hair and part it down the center. Make sure your hair is lovely and silky by brushing it out. With the handle of a rat-tail comb, part your hair along the center from your forehead to your nape
- 2 Pull your hair into two pigtails and knot them together using hair ties to finish the look. Here’s where you may let your imagination run wild. It’s possible to wear two high pigtails at the crown of your head, or two low pigtails at the base of your neck. In order to get a Princess Leia-inspired style, you can even put the pigtails on the sides of your head, just over your ears.
- If you’re looking for something a little more complicated, consider half-up pigtails.
- 3 Braid the pigtails and bind them with clear hair elastics to complete the look. The initial pigtail should be divided into three equal sections. Cross the left and right sections over the central strand to form the braid. Once you’ve used up all of your hair, bind the braid with a clear hair elastic wrapped around the end of it. Repeat this procedure with the other pigtail as well.
- Instead, a 2-strand rope braid can be used to create a more distinctive design. This method is very effective for natural hair.
- 4 If desired, pull on the outside loops of the braids to make them appear more volumized. You are not need to do this, but it is a fantastic technique to add volume to your hair, especially if it is really thin in the first place. Gently tug on the outer loops of the braid starting at the bottom and working your way up till the top
- Repeat the same with the other braid
- If you used a 2-strand rope braid, you may skip this step. It is important not to pull too hard or the braid will come undone.
- 5 Tie the braids into buns and fasten them with hair ties to keep them in place. Pick up the left braid and wrap it around the hair tie to form a bun on the top of your head. Tuck the braid’s end beneath the bun, and then wrap another hair tie around the bun’s base. Repeat with the other braid. Then repeat the process for the other braid.
- If you want to make a regular bun, do not twist the braids into a rope like you would for that.
- If you want to make a regular bun, do not twist the braids into a rope.
- Straightening the remainder of your hair for a smoother look is recommended if you wore braided half-up buns.
Create a new question
- QuestionWhat should I do if I have really curly hair? Straightening procedures that do not require heat are available (check out How toStraighten Your Hair Without Heat). In fact, I believe that messier, curlier buns look better than perfectly straight ones. I’ve seen folks with really curly hair pull it off without having to straighten their hair beforehand. In the event that it is really difficult to create an even part or to get the hair to twist, dry the hair rather than leaving it moist. Question How can I accomplish this with hair that is prone to tangling? There are a plethora of solutions available to help you untangle your hair. Aside than that, I recommend moving extremely slowly and gently, combing your hair and untangling any tangles as you go
- Question Is it possible to braid the pigtail instead of twisting it? Certainly, braid the ponytails, then wrap them around like buns and put them in place with bobby pins
- Question What is the best way to get my hair straight without brushing it too hard? Mackenzie RomeroAnswer from the Community You may always use a straightener, but be sure to maintain the heat on a low setting. It is not required to be perfectly straight. If it doesn’t function on low, try increasing the volume one notch. Question What is the best way to make bigger buns? Making the buns looser will make them look larger, and this is something you can do
- Question Is it still possible for me to do it if I have really long hair? EmmaLee HudginsAnswer from the Community Yes, it is possible. They may appear larger, though, depending on how tightly you twist or braid your hair
- Question What can I do to make them seem more even? Make sure your middle parting is equal and straight. As a last suggestion, I’d suggest utilizing a large number of bobby pins and beginning by placing them in pigtails. Question Is it possible to accomplish this with short hair? It is recommended to use low buns instead of high buns if the length of your hair is insufficient to reach high up onto your head
- Question How can I make them even and ensure that they don’t wriggle around? Use bobby pins to keep them from wriggling, and if you don’t have any bobby pins, use more hair ties to keep them in place. Take your hair and equally divide it down the center, using the middle hair line, to get an even distribution. Question Is it still possible to do space buns if my hair is barely up to my shoulders? A half-up, half-down style, as seen in part 2, should be doable with your current amount of hair.
More information on the replies Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. Submit
VideoRead Video Transcript
- Make the space buns as clean and elegant as you like, or as loose and sloppy as you want
- The choice is yours. Make some streaks in your hair with hair chalk before you begin to give it a more vivid appearance.
Thank you for submitting a suggestion for consideration!
Things You’ll Need
- Hairbrush, rat-tail comb, four hair ties, Bobby pins, hairspray
- Hairbrush, rat-tail comb, four hair ties, Bobby pins, hairspray
- Hairbrush, rat-tail comb, 4 hair ties, 2 clear hair elastics, Bobby pins, hairspray, and a hair tie holder
About This Article
Summary of the ArticleXTo style your hair into space buns, part your hair down the center. Then, using hair ties, knot each part of your hair into a pigtail on the other side. Twist one of the pigtails with both hands to make it a little more secure. You will achieve smaller and firmer space buns if you twist your hair in a tighter manner. Continue wrapping the twisted hair around the base of the pigtail many times until you have around 4 inches (10 cm) of hair remaining. Put the end of your pigtail below the bun you’ve just created, and secure the bun by putting a bobby pin in the end of your hair where it tucks under the bun and through the bun.
Finally, spritz your space buns with hairspray to ensure that they stay in place throughout the day.
Continue reading for more information, including instructions on how to create braided space buns. Did you find this overview to be helpful? The writers of this page have together authored a page that has been read 552,003 times.
Did this article help you?
Low messy buns are one of those hairstyles that can be worn for any occasion and are quite versatile. However, it is also one of the most popular wedding-day hairstyles for brides, especially when their hair is unclean and they don’t want to bother with a shampooing session. Therefore, we have created a brief guide on how to achieve a lovely low messy bun, which is complemented by an extensive list of 20 attractive hairdo alternatives.
How to Do a Low Messy Bun
Low messy buns are one of those hairstyles that can be worn for any occasion and are very versatile. However, it is also one of the most popular wedding-day hairstyles for brides, especially when their hair is unclean and they don’t want to bother with a hairbrush or shampoo. Because of this, we have put together a brief video on how to style a lovely low messy bun, which is complemented by a list of 20 gorgeous hairdo alternatives.
How to Do a LowMessy Bunon Thin Hair
Almost any type of updo, especially when done with thin hair, may seem flat and lackluster at times. Although the length is ideal for achieving the proper volume and texture, it might be difficult to attain the required result. Spending a little additional time teasing your hair to give it more volume is a natural way to create more volume. For those who still want that large, rich texture, apply hair extensions before putting your hair up in a bun, since this is the most efficient method for maximizing your styling possibilities.
Mesmerizing Low Messy Bun Hairstyles
The bun for women is a timeless style that will never go out of style. We’ve gathered some lovely ideas for how to arrange a low messy bun for ladies right here.
1. Messy Low Bun with Halo Twist
You could find that this hairstyle becomes one of your go-to everyday hairstyles if you enjoy messing with your hair. However, it looks equally as good with a cocktail dress for a beautiful evening outing. Face shapes like as square and oval are best suited for this product. How to dress with style: Roll your hair into halo shapes around your face and put them in place with bobby pins. Make a mess of them. Hairspray will help keep this fantastic low messy bun in place. Create it with bobby pins and then secure it with hairspray.
2. Layered and Twisted Messy Low Bun
If you enjoy experimenting with your hair, this haircut may become one of your go-to everyday looks. A cocktail dress, on the other hand, is an excellent choice for a special evening outing. Face shapes that work well with this product: square and oval. How to dress in a fashionable manner: Roll your hair into halo shapes around your face and attach them with bobby pins to finish the look. Make a snafu with them. Make this stunning low messy bun using bobby pins and finish it off with hairspray to keep it in place!
3. LowMessy Bun for Curly Hair
Low messy buns look amazing on naturally curly hair or hair that has been permed. And they’re a terrific method to keep those curls under control.
All facial shapes will benefit from this product. How to dress with style: When securing your bun, use bobby pins rather than an elastic band since they will better compliment the texture of your hair. Leave a few stray curls here and there.
4. Careless Low Bun
Are you spending your time at home doing absolutely nothing? You can still look amazing even if your hair is in an untidy low bun style. All facial shapes will benefit from this product. How to style: I went completely ad hoc.
5. Messy LowBun with a Braid
When worn with braids, a low sloppy bun may look fantastic. For those who want to dress in a more relaxed manner, this haircut is ideal. Face shapes such as square and round are best suited for this style. How to dress with style: Begin with the sides of your head and work your way up. Allowing your bangs to flow freely around your face, construct a sloppy low bun below the braid to complete the look.
6. Low Messy Bun for Thin Hair
This low updo style for thin hair is adorned with a medium-sized crown braid that wraps around the entire head. To add softness to the hair near the temples, pull a portion of it loose.
7. Low Messy Bun for Thick Hair
A sloppy bun takes only a few minutes to put up and is excellent for controlling thick hair. Generally speaking, the more waves you have, the more beautiful the end product is.
8. Low Messy Bun for Wedding
For those who want their hair off their shoulders on their wedding day, a low messy bun is a classic style. For a romantic look, drape a lace crown or headband over your hair.
9. Loose Low Messy Bun
A low loose bun is particularly appealing for those with short hair. Simply comb hair back with your fingers and fasten it above the neck with a brightly colored scrunchie.
10. Smooth Low Bun
This low bun hairstyle is ideal for formal situations where you need to present a refined and delicate appearance. Buns should be secured with a lovely ribbon in the same colors as the bun.
11. Messy Low Double Bun
In 2021, it is quite fashionable to play with one’s hair. Double messy low buns are a hairstyle that will never go out of style since they are so charming and useful for everyday wear. Face shapes such as square and oval are best suited for this style. How to dress with style: Create these very cute low messy buns by dividing your hair in half at the back of your head. They should be fanned out to make them less tight and to give them more volume. Bangs are a great way to dress up this updo.
12. KnottedLow Messy Bun
The following hairstyle would be excellent for a particular, formal occasion if you don’t want to spend the evening fretting about whether or not every strand is in place and whether or not the updo isn’t tumbling out of your hairdo. Faces with a round or heart shape are the best candidates. How to dress with style: In general, this is a simple knotted low bun with a twist. The advantage of this is that it is a sloppy mess, which means it requires less accuracy. The section above the bun should be purposefully messed up, and the bangs should be left out of the bun.
13. Messy Low Side Bun
Side buns are a terrific method to make your face appear more asymmetrical if you feel that the lines of your face are too soft and round in the first instance. Ideal for: Faces with an oval or round contour. How to dress with style: Make a side part with your hair and create a low untidy bun on the opposite side of your head from the part.
14. Big, Relaxed, Bun
It’s both daring and romantic at the same time to wear a bun in your hair.
Face shapes that work well include square and heart-shaped faces. How to dress with style: Make your hair into lovely, loose waves by curling it. Hair is held up with bobby pins, and a few strands are left free all around the haircut for a more natural look.
15. Simple Low Messy Bun
Low buns don’t necessarily have to be sleek and tight to be considered classic. Even when they’re a little sloppy, they may be rather attractive. All facial shapes will benefit from this product. How to dress with style: Make a traditional knotted bun without being concerned about a few strands of hair peeking out of it. It’s a little bit of a thing.
16. Messy Boho Bun
Throughout the previous several years, messy, bohemian wedding hairstyles have grown increasingly trendy. And it’s easy to see why. They are simple to make, trendy, functional, and aesthetically pleasing. Shapes such as squares and ovals are ideal. How to dress with style: The ability to create tight curls may be really beneficial for this type of twisted low messy bun hairdo. Finally, embellish the bun with delicate flower arrangements for that gorgeous fairy-like appearance on your wedding day.
17. Messy Low Bun with Side Braid
This side French braidedmessy low bun is a terrific way to kick off this list with a hairstyle that is ideal for brides on their most important day. It looks fantastic with highlighted hair since it brings out the texture of the hair. Face shapes such as square and round are best suited for this style. How to dress with style: Using curling irons, curl your hair, but make sure the curls are not too tight. Create a braid on either side of your head and use bobby pins to attach the strands of hair that create the bun as well as the braids that vanish into the top of your head.
18. Meghan Markle’s Bun
Meghan Markle has been sighted with this low messy bun hairdo on several occasions, despite the fact that it has landed her into problems in previous years. And it’s for this reason that it’s becoming iconic. Ideal for: Faces with a heart or round shape. How to style: Using one twist of your hand, create a low bun in your untidy hair and fasten it with bobby pins to keep it from falling out. To show your face, tuck your bangs behind your ears and pull them back.
19. LowMessy Bun for Short Hair
You might have believed it was impossible, but females with shorter hair can also pull off a bun with confidence. Even more so if it’s a low and untidy bun. Ideal for: Faces with an oval or heart shape. How to dress with style: To create a fully random form at the back of your head, twist your hair around an elastic hair tie and secure it with it. Leave your bangs out to create a beautiful framing for your face.
20. Headband Messy Low Bun
This hairstyle is a playful variation on the low messy bun that is ideal for long hair that is not too thick. Face shapes such as square and oval are best suited for this style. How to dress with style: If you’re wearing a headband, place it or tie it a little bit beyond your hairline rather than tying it underneath your hair as you typically would. Then, as indicated in the photo, tuck hair from behind the headband all the way over the top of the headband.
Make it a little messy so that it appears more like a genuine bun, then spray it with a little hairspray to finish it off. This collection of low messy bun hairstyles is astounding in both its beauty and adaptability, and there is something for everyone among them.
40 Lovely Low Bun Hairstyles for Your Inspiration
The usage of low bun updos for formal gatherings is a terrific choice since they appear more polished than long, loose strands of hair. A bun at the nape of your neck will add glamour and adaptability to your appearance. We’ve compiled a list of 20 various ways to rock this trend, whether you’re a wedding guest, a time-pressed student, or the ultimate beauty bombshell.
Trendy Low Bun Updos
Adding distinctive braided features, playful twists, or romantic pin curls to your bun can elevate it to a whole new level. You may also experiment with different textures and volumes of your bun, among other things.
1: Low Bun with Two Side Braids
If everything about you is larger than life, why not experiment with a bun that reflects your unique style? The midsection of this design should be broken up by something to balance off the voluminous front and rear. The double side braid is definitely what the style calls for, and it also adds some much-needed edge to the look.
2: Blonde Bridal Low Bun
A voluminous low bun can be tough to accomplish if your hair is short, fine, or thin. Here’s how to do it. Create a bouffant and curls to give the appearance of extra volume. It is also possible to have a little curly bun that is both adorable and quite active!
3: Bouffant Low Bun
In a low updo, thin hair might appear flat and limp, and this can be particularly noticeable. Using loose curls to style your hair before pinning it into this simple chignon will give it a fuller appearance. A bouffant will provide volume to the whole crown of the head.
4: Low Bun with Long Bangs
Those who have chubby cheeks may feel that pulled-back styles draw attention to the roundness of their features, making them appear unpleasant. With a long side bang, you may add a splash of drama to your look while also slimming the appearance of your face. A slight bouffant will help to balance out the weight of a large bun at the rear of the head.
5: Double Braid Low Bun
Having low buns allows you to integrate some braided designs throughout the top of your style, which is the most advantageous aspect of this style. Because your hair is pushed back, it may appear flat and lifeless on top, particularly if it lacks any substance. With a double braid, the appearance becomes multi-dimensional and has a lovely bohemian vibe.
6: Simple Bun with Side Braid
A low bun is a very straightforward style. A twist on the side, paired with a braid, gives the whole appearance an aura of softness and romanticism that nearly every woman desires in a haircut. By adding a sloppy finish to this simple updo, you can transform it into a contemporary style that you can wear anywhere.
7: Elegant Low Bun
Simple is the key to a good low bun. However, when it is paired with a braid, it lends a touch of softness and romanticism to the entire image — which is precisely what practically every woman wants from a haircut. With a sloppy finish, you can transform this simple updo into a fashionable style that you can wear anywhere.
8: Old-Hollywood Hairstyle
Yet, while being romantic and refined, there is a twist to this story. The polished braid and bun updo is a wonderful blend of old-Hollywood elegance and modern-day allure, and it is sure to turn heads.
9: Tousled Locks in a Bun
This low bun updo is easy to style and quite charming, which are the finest adjectives to describe it.
The disheveled blonde locks have a very laid-back vibe to them, but the criss-cross aspect of the bun gives it a more contemporary sense. It’s a fantastic alternative for transitioning from day to night, and you’ll undoubtedly like it.
10: Deconstructed Bun
A curly bun is one of the most popular hairstyles for women who have wavy hair since it suits the texture of both wavy and curly hair well. It’s also a great choice for those looking for something unpolished yet fashionable.
11: Feminine Back Bun
This is one of the most beautiful photographs ever taken to demonstrate how attractive a back bun can be. As a result, you may wear it to work as well as to a cocktail party without feeling rushed.
12: Side Braid with Low Twist Bun
If you’re interested in experimenting with low bun hairstyles, the braid and twist method is a terrific alternative. The style is made even more dimensional and glossy by the use of subtle highlights throughout the design.
13: Unstructured Low Bun
The versatility of classic updos allows them to be fashioned in a variety of ways. However, if you’re just getting started, it’s always preferable to go with something simple and straightforward. As mentioned above, the knot’s natural unstructured nature adds to its allure, so don’t bother about securing your flyaway locks with hairspray – just let them flow as naturally as possible.
14: Knotted Side Buns
The addition of two side buns not only gives you a more youthful appearance, but it also makes you look really current. Plait your tresses as you normally would, but instead of tying it up in a ponytail, divide the hair into two portions and create a pair of playful low pigtail buns to complete the look.
15: Thick Hair in a Braided Bun
For those of you who are blessed with an abundance of thick locks, this is an excellent alternative for your long hair. Using loose plaited low buns, you may create the appearance of having a broader head of hair than you actually have.
16: Sleek Braided Bun
The polished braided nape bun may look to have been created with the assistance of a professional, but the good news is that it is actually quite simple to accomplish on one’s own. Simply collect your tresses into a low ponytail and tie it up in a knot to complete the look.
17: Classic Twisted Chignon
When it comes to updos for women with classic preferences, the chignon hairstyle definitely the best choice out of all the possibilities available. The style also has the advantage of flattering the majority of facial types and women of all ages, which is another plus.
18: Bun with a Split Braid
While the majority of these photos are basic, if you desire something more intricate, there are several instructions available online to guide you through the process. With the guidance of these informative tutorials, you can learn how to create a low bun that is both beautiful and detailed, such as this magnificent layered braid into bun updo.
19: Middle-Parted Hairstyle
Updos may include a variety of intricate aspects, some of which are more difficult to achieve than others – and this is one of them. The central area of the rope twist bun is the main attraction, so make careful to divide it into two sections that are fairly evenly spaced. If you want to conceal any hair damage, it’s also a terrific appearance to go for (braids tend to hide split ends).
20: Intricate Braided Updo
A variation on the conventional bun is to add details, like as several french braids or fishtails, to the top of the hair.
It’s perfect for formal occasions, so if you’re attending a wedding, you should absolutely consider this option!
21: Fuss-Free Side Bun
Low bun hairstyles are particularly appealing since they can be achieved with little effort and still look stylish and professional. However, if you want to add extra dimension, go for an aside bun. Because of its simplicity, the style can be achieved with simply a short draw back and a few twists of the hair – ideal for the lady on the go.
22: Twisted Bun
This tutorial will show you how to make an updo that is both beautiful and easy to do in under five minutes. Despite the fact that it appears straightforward, the incorporation of the twisted pieces gives the hair a texturally fascinating texture that is ideal for girls with coarse or curly hair.
23: Flirty Messy Bun
Enjoy your natural hair texture by wearing it in a style that accentuates it, such as the tousledmessy bun. It’s fresh, flirtatious, and feminine all at the same time. Do you feel the desire to take it a step further? Pretty flowers such as baby’s breath may be incorporated into your hair for a bohemian look.
24: Classic Twisted Chignon
The bouffant bun is one of the most traditional and timeless low buns for ladies of all ages since it is so versatile. A bouffant is a fantastic choice since it is simple to style and requires little work. It’s also a great option if you don’t have naturally thick tresses and want to add volume and root lift to your hair.
25: Tiny Low Bun with Side Plait
Updos look great on people with short hair as well. However, due to the fact that the style is fairly simple with fewer locks, it is advantageous to incorporate intriguing components, such as a side plait and/or a twist.
26: Simple Sock Bun
Keeping an updo basic is the ideal approach whether attending a formal event or working in a conservative environment. Having a few face framing layers in a large sock bun hairstyle is elegant and refined without becoming too stuffy. You might try using a sock bun if you’re having difficulties getting the right donut form.
27: Powder Pink Low Bun
It’s crucial for brides to be themselves on their wedding day, and while this may not be one of the traditional wedding types, it is undoubtedly one of the most memorable and unique celebrations possible. Even while the design is actually fairly stylish and well put together on its own, the pepto pink hue elevates it to the edgier end of the spectrum.
28: Champagne Blonde Low Bun
The ability to be oneself on one’s wedding day is critical for brides, and while this may not be one of the more traditional wedding fashions, it is undoubtedly one of the most memorable and personalized. Even while the design is actually rather stylish and well put together on its own, the pepto pink hue elevates it to the edgier side of the fashion spectrum.
29: Elegant Ombre Low Bun
It is appealing and desired in updos for a variety of reasons; this particular style is just one more to include on the list of reasons. Lighter shades of hair at the ends pull attention away from the bun while also highlighting the delicate intricacies found inside the updo design.
30: Twisted Crown Low Bun
Many factors contribute to the popularity of ombredye jobs in updos; this particular style is only one more to consider.
While the brighter hue at the ends draws attention to the bun, it also reveals the exquisite elements included inside the updo style.
31: Side Braid Low Bun
A fishtail braid hairstyle may add volume to straight medium-length hair while maintaining its straightness. Although the low side bun appears to be a haphazard coil at first glance, it is actually a fishtail braid that has been pinned. The plaited appearance also reveals wonderful brown and blonde highlights, which are very attractive.
32: Whimsical Wedding Low Bun
When it comes to your wedding day, an ordinary hairstyle just will not do. Make a statement with a silvery tint and interlaced braids to elevate the style. Instead of the usual bouquet of flowers, a few tiny sprigs create a natural and relaxing atmosphere.
33: Weekend Low Bun
The messier the texture, the better the result for a cool and relaxed weekend low bun look. Even though it is polished and surprising, it does not come across as excessively stiff or overdone. Always use a flake-free hairspray to prevent frizz or flyaway strands from ruining your look.
34: Infiniti Low Bun
The messier the texture, the better the result for a cool and relaxed weekend low bun. Even though it is polished and surprising, it does not come off as excessively formal or overdone. Make sure to spray your style with a flake-free hairspray to eliminate frizz or flyaway strands.
35: College-Worthy Low Bun
When you’ve had a late night of partying and you’re trying to go to an early morning class or study for a test, it may be exceedingly tough. The only thing you have time to do is get out of bed and clean your teeth before heading out the door. One of the most important steps in achieving the perfect casual style is to do your bun before going to sleep so that when you wake up it has the appropriate sloppy texture without any additional work required.
36: Cute and Curly Low Bun
The advantage of having curly hair is that you don’t have to do anything special to have a voluminous low bun hairstyle without seeming cluttered. Even if you have long hair, it may be best to style it while still damp in order to avoid frizz caused by overbrushing dried hair later in the day. A side part gives you the ability to frame your face without overwhelming your appearance.
37: Radiant Red Low Bun
A sleek style for formal events is ideal when your hair is done in a vibrant hue like this to counterbalance the color. Pulling hair back into a high-shine side braid will keep tendrils and other messes to a bare minimum. Before you leave the salon, ask your stylist for a gloss treatment to lock in your color and make it seem more bright.
38: Vacation Low Bun
Take it easy with your beauty regimen when you’re on a beach vacation. Relax and enjoy yourself. Low updos are your go-to style since they are somewhat pulled together while yet being as casual as you want them to be. Allowing your hair to air dry will allow you to enjoy the beautiful wavy texture that the sea salt in the water gives.
39: Pin Curled Low Bun
Instead of creating a single huge bun, why not create an updo out of multiple flat coils instead? The resulting appearance is not only visually appealing, but it also has the appearance of a bunch of roses. When it comes to weddings and other formal or significant red carpet events, the romantic touch is essential.
40: Sassy Side Low Bun
This style is easily stylish, owing to the interlaced curls and the combination of blonde and brown tones, as well as the somewhat untidy texture of the hair. Low bun hairstyles like this one are ideal for women who want to dress up in a leather jacket over their ball gowns on special occasions.
By lowering your bun, you will be able to experiment with a plethora of new hairstyle possibilities. There is a low bun look for every lady, whether she like bright colors and braids or stylish and casual curls.
Double Twist Low Buns
Posted on February 10, 2018 in Hair I don’t think I need to tell you how much I appreciate this particular style. (: Now that March is just around the corner, it’s giving me all of the Spring and Summer feelings I could ask for. If you don’t feel like washing your hair, this style can be achieved in only a few minutes and is a lot of fun. So if you’re in the mood for a bun (or two! ), I hope you’ll give this recipe a shot! Double Twist Low Buns Materials and Equipment:
- A rattail comb, two elastic bands, ten to twelve Bobby pins, and medium-hold hairspray
Instructions for making Double Twist Low Buns:
- To begin, separate the hair slightly off center and to the right, as shown in Step 1. Afterwards, zig zag the portion along the back of the head to complete the look. Step 3 / Take a portion of hair from the left side of your head and separate it into two smaller sections
- Step 4 / Cross the left strand across the right strand to complete the cross. Now, insert a new hair section into both sides and cross the left strand across the right strand once again
- Step 5 / Step 6 / Insert a new segment of hair into both sides and cross the left strand over the right strand to complete the look. Continue to add fresh parts to the braid by crossing the left strand over the right strand, and repeating the process until all of the hair from the left side is brought into the braid. Continue twisting the hair until it reaches the bottom of the braid, then secure the end with a clear elastic band. Wrap the braid over the nape of your neck and secure it with a few bobby pins
- Step 9 Now, using the hair on the right side of your head, repeat the previous procedures to construct a second rope braid. Tie the braid into a bun at the nape of the neck and secure it in place with bobby pins for the last step. Step 12 / Now, insert bobby pins into the twist to assist hold them in position
- Afterwards, go back over the twists and tug on the edges to make them appear larger. To finish, spritz the style with a medium-hold hairspray and smooth any flyaways down. Step 14 /
Everyone reaches a point where their top knot has reached its maximum potential. A certain amount of time spent wearing your hair in the same style might leave you feeling like you’re stuck in a rut with your hairstyle. Even though you were once infatuated with your top knot, you may now find yourself yearning for newer designs to incorporate into your routine. What is a female to do in such a situation? The knotted hairstyle does not have to be fully abandoned, though. Alternatively, you may divide it in half and go for a stylish double bun appearance.
If you have worn your hair in the same two buns hairstyle for the most of the decade, you will be pleased to hear that there are a variety of other possibilities to check out this time around.
With everything from tightly braided knots to gravity-defying buns, you’ll never get tired of this hairstyle for a long time.
Click through the picture for some double bun hair ideas, and you could just find yourself entirely forgetting about your old top knot.
11 Easy Low Bun Hairstyles That Will Save Time Getting Ready
In the morning hurry to get ready so that you aren’t late for class or work, it’s understandable that you don’t want to fuss with your hair. But what if we told you that there was a hairdo that was both super-cute and could be achieved with little effort? Would you believe us? Here, we’re referring to the low bun. Low bun hairstyles are a low-maintenance variation on the anupdo that are both very gorgeous and quite simple to manage. What’s the best part? There are a variety of low bun hairstyles to choose from, which is why we’ve compiled a list of our favorites for you below.
1. ROMANTIC LOW BUN
When it comes to romantic hairstyles, there’s nothing quite like a low updo with a little wave to it. Begin working on this hairdo the night before you intend to wear it the next day. After you’ve washed your hair, add a large amount of the L’Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle to your hair and style as desired. To use, apply CURVE IT Elastic Curl Mousse to damp hair, twist it up, and allow it to air dry. It’s time to put your romantic low bun hairdo together in the morning. Separate your hair into three portions, with the central section being pulled into a ponytail.
Once you’ve done that, divide the left portion into two halves, twisting the inner section up over your bun and the outer section below your bun, and pinning both sections in place. Then repeat the procedure with the remaining part of hair to complete the look.
2. SLEEK LOW BUN
There’s nothing better than a smooth and sleek low bun for a day at the office. To begin, sweep your hair back and pull it into a tight, low ponytail. After that, use a hair serum to help smooth your ends, such as the L’Oréal Paris EverSleek Frizz Finish Oil-In-Serum, to help smooth your ends. Make a split ponytail and bind the ends of each portion with a transparent tiny elastic. Using a bobby pin vertically inserted into the elastic, roll one portion of your hair up and away from your face to create a bun.
If your bun appears to be sagging, secure it with a couple additional bobby pins.
3. CLASSIC LOW BUN
Classic haircuts are classic for a reason: they’re always in vogue and flatter almost everyone. Here are some examples. The classic low bun is a superb illustration of this concept. Using a low ponytail, pull your hair back and away from your face, leaving a portion of hair in the front loose. Make a ponytail and secure it with a hair tie. Using a hair tie, divide your ponytail into two portions, with one section being wrapped around the base of the ponytail to conceal the hair tie. Section your hair and tuck it beneath your ponytail, holding it in place with an invisible bobby pin.
Using your fingers, gently tug at the edges of your low bun updo and spray it with a hairspray, such as the L’Oréal Paris Elnett Precious Oil Satin Hairspray, to finish it.
4. MESSY LOW BUN
It doesn’t matter if you’re out doing chores or attending a party; this untidy low bun updo will look incredibly lovely on you whether you’re out doing chores or attending a party. Hair should be pulled back and secured with a hair tie in a loose ponytail on one side of the head. The front portion of your hair should be left out, and then it should be pinched back with a bobby pin Roll the ponytail into a bun and pin it in place with a few bobby pins for more security. Not to worry if you have any flyaways because this is a sloppy low bun, after all!
5. PRETZEL BUN
Are you looking to take your low bun hairstyles to the next level? Pretzel buns have become increasingly popular in recent years. Creating the impression of a salty snack with this low updo is just about twisting your hair in different directions. Nothing more than gathering your strands at the nape of your neck and pulling them back into a low ponytail will do! After that, begin twisting the length of your ponytail and wrapping it around the base of your ponytail. Repeat the process of twisting and wrapping your hair until it becomes a bun.
This stylish brun haircut may be for you if you enjoy the notion of showing off a beautifully woven pattern while still sporting a sleek low updo. This hairstyle, which is the perfect blend of a bun and a braid, allows you to dress up your strands with little to no effort.
As long as you can master the basic three-strand braid (which is quite simple), the perfect brun hairstyle is waiting for you. Follow the instructions in our article, Braid Meets Bun: How to Get a Brun Hairstyle, to learn how to get this look.
7.SIDE BRAID WITH LOW BUN
For the time being, let’s stick with braids. While the stylish brunette will always have a particular place in our hearts, there is a way to elevate your look to the next level. Read on to find out how. The braid will be on the side, and the bun will be on the side as well. The perfect choice for individuals who like to mix things up, this braided number plays with texture while also giving an edgy touch to your ensemble. What’s not to like about this? Begin by making an inch-wide part from the center of your head to the front of your hairline.
Make a Dutchbraid by dividing your hair into three equal-sized strands and braiding them together.
After that, pull the rest of your hair back and secure it in a low ponytail.
8. SIDE BUN
When it comes to low bun updos, the side bun continues to be the most popular choice for many women. This low bun, which is the meeting point of attitude and sass, does an excellent job of highlighting your best features while being stylish. We also like that it is quite stylish and that it looks great on everyone. For the look, simply apply a tiny quantity of hair gel, such as the L’Oréal Paris Studio Line, to your hair. Apply clean Gel to your roots and brush your hair to either side of your head to create a layered look.
To construct your bun, wrap your hair around the base of your ponytail in the same manner that you would typically do.
Editor’s recommendation: Looking for a fun way to spice up your side bun?
If you want to spice up your look, consider using one of these 5 Ways to Wear Jeweled Hair Accessories.
9. FAUX HAWK BUN
Do you want to explore your more edgier side? The faux hawk bun hairstyle can definitely help you achieve your goals. This rocker-inspired ‘do is a daring departure from the norm that will have everyone’s attention on you. Starting with a side part, divide your hair into three equal portions and pin them up in a ponytail. Apply a little quantity of hair gel to the sides of your mane and brush your hair toward the center of your head, working with one part at a time. Make a ponytail and tie it up with a hair tie to keep it in place.
Make three small buns at a time by repeating the process.
10. LOW SPACE BUNS
Low space buns should surely be on your radar if you enjoy wearing designs that are whimsical and unaffected by the weather. This low updo, which has two beautiful buns, is ideal for those who want to express themselves via their hairstyle and attitude.
Not to mention that you can put this look together in a couple of minutes with very little effort. Please refer to our article, How to Do Space Buns, for more information on how to master this fashion trend.
11. ROPE BUN
The rope bun is the final, although certainly not the least, of our options. Another stylish updo that keeps your hair off of your face and away from your neck, this inventive updo is a very lovely choice. To begin, pull your hair into a low ponytail and spritz it with shine hair spray all over your tresses. Divide your ponytail into two halves, and then spin each portion down to the ends of the ponytail. Create the rope effect by twisting the two sides together in the opposite direction of the twisting.
Finally, twist your hair into a bun and secure it with a few pins to hold it in place.
Just like that, you’ve learned all about the best low bun hairstyles that will save you time while also making you seem fashionable!