Ice Cream Mud Pie Recipe, What’s Cooking America
The Ice Cream Mud Pie dessert at the Chart House restaurant in Portland, Oregon, is one of the restaurant’s hallmark desserts. What about that pile of ice cream covered with hot fudge that you just can’t stop yourself from diving into with your spoon? I thought I’d share this mouth-watering ice cream dessert recipe with everyone on the internet. My absolute favorite dessert is this one, and it is SO EASY to put together! The fact that it can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it makes it a great summertime dessert to make.
There is no baking required, and the majority of the ingredients are readily available.
Unquestionably a fantastic way to cap off a lovely summer supper.
Check out our collection of fantastic Pie Recipes and Ice Cream Recipes.
- 1 1/2 packagesNabisco Chocolate Wafers or Oreo Cookies*
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 gallon coffee ice cream, softened**
- 1 1/2 cups melted butter Cold Hershey’s Hot Fudgetopping
- Whipped cream, sweetened or store-bought whipped topping of your choice
- Almonds, slivered or chopped nuts of your choice
- Chocolate wafers or Oreo cookies should be ground into thin crumbs in a food processor. Add the butter and blend for another 5 to 10 seconds. 1/4 cup of the crushed Oreos should be set aside for garnishing the top of the pie. In a 9-inch pie dish or a springform pan, press the crumb mixture firmly and evenly into the pan. Note: I prefer to line the pan with plastic wrap before baking it. When it comes time to cut the ice cream pie, it will be much simpler to remove it off the pan. Spread softened ice cream over the bottom of the pan lined with pastry. Ice cream should be covered and frozen until hard
- After the ice cream is set, it should be removed from the fridge. Remove the plastic wrap off the top of the dish. Remove the sides of the springform pan, as well as the bottom. Spread the fudge topping on top of the cake. NOTE: It is beneficial to place the fudge sauce in the freezer for a short period of time to make spreading the sauce easier. Work as rapidly as possible. It is important to note that if the chocolate begins to thin and soften, it is necessary to quickly return the Mud Pie to the freezer for a brief period of time before continuing (I discovered this the hard way!). Wrap the Ice Cream Mud Pie with plastic wrap once it has been done. Place in the freezer for approximately 10 hours to allow the mixture to harden fully. Slice and serve this pie while it is still frozen, but remove it from the freezer for approximately 10 minutes before slicing and serving. To slice this pie, run a sharp knife under hot water and then dry it off with a paper towel or dish towel right before slicing. Make eight (8) servings on cold separate dessert plates, and serve with chilled forks
- Prepared whipped cream or whipped topping can be used to finish the dish. Make 8 servings by drizzling caramel sauce over each piece and topping with slivered almonds and/or crushed Oreo cookies.
* You may use a chocolate cookie crumb crust that has already been prepared. Alternatively, chocolate graham crackers might be used. The idea is to soften the ice cream just enough to allow you to manage it, while yet keeping it fairly cold throughout. Although it appears to be a large amount of ice cream, you will be heaping it high.
Jon Donaire Mud Pie Ice Cream Cake, 8″ (40 oz) Delivery or Pickup Near Me
Prepared chocolate-cookie crumb crust can be used in place of the homemade version. Alternatively, chocolate graham crackers might be used.** This requires softening the ice cream sufficiently to allow for manipulation while yet maintaining a solidly frozen consistency. Even though there appears to be a large amount of ice cream, you will be putting it on top of one another.
* You can use a chocolate cookie crumb crust that has been made. You may also use chocolate graham crackers instead of the regular kind. The key is to soften the ice cream just enough to allow you to manage it while keeping it relatively cold. Although there appears to be a lot of ice cream, you will be heaping it high.
This product contains milk, wheat, almonds, and soy. Eggs, peanuts, and other tree nuts are processed on the same machinery as this product.
All right, it’s past time for you to learn about Kimo’s Original Hula Pie®. Originally created at Kimo’s many years ago, this dish has continued to please even the most ardent dessert connoisseurs ever since. Using Kimo’s favorite macadamia nut ice cream, she builds a tower of the dessert on top of a chocolate cookie crust, which she then decorates with chocolate fudge, whipped cream, and more macadamia nuts. It is small enough to be shared, yet it is seldom left unfinished! Come on in and get a slice of pizza.
How to eat a Hula Pie
Take a good look at it. When confronted with a circumstance like this, choosing your perspective is critical. Turn it on its side to see what happens. Even if it’s beautiful when you first see it, you must consume it quickly. Allow each flavor to be recognized. It takes a lot of taste to get through a dark chocolate cookie crust, macadamia nut ice cream, thick fudge sauce, macadamia nuts, and whipped cream.
Bring it to a close! Don’t be intimidated; whether you’re in a group or on your own, finishing is rewarding (and extremely doable) if you put in the effort.
Miss McGee’s Mud Pie at Bobby-Q
View this list of 11 favorite barbecue joints in the greater Phoenix area. Other options include: Top Ten Mac n’ Cheese Spots in the Valley When it comes to creating a delicious dessert, barbecue isn’t precisely the first sort of food that comes to mind. It is after all the purpose of eating so much juicy, luscious meat that it falls off the bone that you have to take your trousers off (or, if you’re at home alone, abandon your pants entirely)? Regardless, there are some of us who feel the need to complete every meal with dessert – no matter how much food we’ve just consumed or how substantial the meal was in comparison.
- Going to a barbecue restaurant that takes its BBQ seriously makes sense if you’re looking for a genuinely delicious dessert.
- It doesn’t matter whether the barbecue is upscale or not; it is still mouthwateringly wonderful, albeit at a somewhat higher price than a no-fuss local staple like The Barbecue Company.
- And if you manage to keep going after all of that, you won’t have to go far to locate a scrumptious treat to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- These small treasures have the flavor of home-style doughnuts and are best savored when still warm, but they are served in a to-go bag so that you can reserve them for after your stomach has finally digested that massive dish of brisket and ribs.
LocalCommunityJournalism Support the independent voice of Phoenix and contribute to the preservation of the future of New Times. If doughnuts aren’t enough for you, Bobby-Q also serves all of the traditional barbecue sweets, such as banana sweet pudding, fresh baked peach cobbler, death by chocolate cake, and mud pie, among other things. Miss McGee’s Mud Pie was the most difficult to resist, but the actual product did not live up to promises. Not to suggest that this dish is awful, but it isn’t quite a saucy, sloppy Mississippi mud pie, which is what you might expect.
- The height is the most astounding feature; it stands around 8″ tall and is huge enough to have been made using a regular mixing bowl as a mold.
- The use of peanut butter in the crust makes it a little more unique than other cookie crusts, and it pairs well with the chocolate and vanilla ice cream.
- However, the nutty flavor is really faint, and it is not even close to being considered a peanut butter chocolate treat.
- Due to the fact that not everyone like a heavy, greasy peanut butter dessert, especially after a big barbecue feast, it’s a good thing that the flavors of this ice cream mud pie are maintained on the lighter side.
- However, even if the taste is a touch underwhelming and the ice cream is generally middle-of-the-road in terms of quality, the texture is pleasant, and luckily, it does not have the gummy texture that many grocery store brands have.
Bobby-Q isn’t a place to go for dessert on its own, but the last meal isn’t completely ignored here, either (too often the case when it comes to barbecue). Follow Chow Bella on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
$16.95 for the whole package Slices are $4.50 each.
$16.95 for the entire package $4.50 for a slice
$16.95 for the whole thing $4.50 for a slice of pizza
Whole– $16.95 $4.50 per slice
$16.95 for the whole package Slices are $4.50 each.
$16.95 for the entire package $4.50 for a slice
The following sugar-free pies are offered throughout Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays:
Each item costs $.95; a dozen costs $9.50.
One-half-dollar eachDozen-dollars nine-fifths-dollar
Each one costs $4.50.
Each one costs $1.95. a dozen for $19.95
Each one costs $4.95. Three of them cost $13.95 each. Six (6) – $26.95 $23.95 for the whole package Slices are available at $4.95 each.
- Icing on the cake is a scoop of ice cream in your choice of chocolate, vanilla, strawberry or orange. Sherbet1.95
- WHIPPED CREAM ON TOP OF A PIE SHACKChoose your favorite slice of pie and have it expertly blended into a milk shake. 7.95
- CAKE SHACK IS A BUSINESS Your favorite slice of cake or cheesecake is expertly mixed into a milkshake and topped with whipped cream to create the ultimate dessert treat. 8.95
- MILK SHAKE Chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry flavors are available. Served with whipped cream on top 3.95
- FROZEN MILK SHAKES Chocolate, Vanilla or Strawberry flavors are available. Whipping cream was used to finish off the dish. 3.95
- PIE WITH DEEP DISH FRUIT A piece of your favorite fruit pie topped with a dollop of vanilla ice cream and surrounded with whipped cream 6.95
- SPLIT THE BANANA A whole banana split in half with a scoop of vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry ice cream sandwiched in between and topped with whipped cream and walnuts is a dessert that is both healthy and delicious. 7.95
- COKE FLOAT is a slang term for Cocaine Float. The following items are available for purchase: a cool 32oz. glass of Coke with a scoop of vanilla ice cream3.95
$23.95 for the whole package Slices are available at $4.95 each.
$23.95 for the entire package. $4.95 per slice
N.Y. Strawberry Cheesecake
“In the morning, at noon, and at night”. “I’m always careful to do things correctly.”
The 15 Best Places for Pies in Santa Barbara
There are three times of day. “Morning, Noon, and Night.” I’m committed to doing things correctly every time.