Best Mud Pie
The original recipe yields 12 servings of gnocchi. The ingredient list has been updated to match the number of servings stated.
- Freeze the crust for about 30 minutes, or until it is solid. Half of the coffee ice cream should be placed in a bowl and let to stand for about 10 minutes to soften. Then put the rest of the ice cream back in the freezer. Combine the softened ice cream and the small chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl. Spread the ice cream and chips evenly over the frozen crust to create a uniform layer. Wrap the dish in plastic wrap and place it in the freezer for 2 hours. Advertisement
- Microwave the topping on low for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until it is warm and easy to pour out of the jar (do not let the sauce get very hot). Pour the contents into a basin. 2 tablespoons cookie crumbs should be reserved for decoration
- The remaining cookie crumbs should be mixed into the fudge topping. To finish, remove the pie from the freezer and cover it with the cookie crumbles and fudge topping mixture. Sprinkle with little chocolate chips and serve right away. Refrigerate for 2 hours after covering with plastic wrap
- Remove the leftover frozen coffee ice cream from the freezer and set aside for about 10 minutes to soften before serving. Place the ice cream on top of the layer of cookie crumbs and fudge topping and spread evenly. Cover the pie with plastic wrap and place it in the freezer for another 2 hours. Remove the pie from the freezer and spread the whipped topping on top. Using the saved cookie crumbs, decorate the top of the dish. To freeze the whipped topping layer, cover it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in the freezer for another 2 hours. Cut the pie into serving pieces and sprinkle approximately 1 spoonful of the chocolate syrup over each piece of pie
It is preferable if you can freeze the dish overnight before serving it.
Per serving: 681 calories; 7.2 grams of protein; 89.5 grams of carbs; 34.5 grams of fat; 80 milligrams of cholesterol; 330.3 milligrams of sodium Nutrition in its entirety
Classic Mud Pie
If you’re a chocoholic like myself, this recipe for Classic Mud Pie is begging to be made for you. With a chocolate cookie crust, a rich ice cream filling, and a chocolate cookie crumb topping, this dessert is sure to satisfy any chocolate need you may have. Our go-to easy dessert dish when we want something a bit more special than cookies or cake is this one because it is simple to prepare.
The Perfect Trio: Chocolate, Ice Cream, and Pie
If you know me or have read this blog for any length of time, you are aware of my fondness for pies. This Classic Mud Pie is no exception to the rule. All of the delightful tastes of a chocolaty ice cream treat are there in this pie, but it is done up to look like a fully loaded pie. A thick, smooth pudding that’s filled with chocolate biscuits, ice cream, fudge, and of course, whipped cream is the star of the show. No one could possibly say no to this recipe!
Traditional Recipe, Unforgettable Flavor
Recipes for Classic Mud Pie are among those time-tested sweets that every cook should have in his or her repertoire. It’s been a long-time family favorite for many years. This dish was created by my sister-in-law, Sheri, who is the creator of numerous recipes on ABK. Sheri prepared it for me years ago, and I’ve been enjoying it ever since. It may appear to be a lot of labor, but here’s the surprise: it’s ridiculously simple to make. Promise. Everything is as simple as assembling the cookie crust, pressing it into a dish (3 other dish types are available, but I preferSpringform), filling it with a thick layer of ice cream, and topping it with fudge sauce, whipped cream, and crushed cookies.
If you’re searching for a dessert that’s quick, cool, and very tasty to create, go no farther than the dessert that’s here in front of you.
The BEST Classic Mud Pie Recipe, Ever
There are a plethora of mud pie variants to choose from. A chocolate pudding filling, mocha ice cream, chocolate chip ice cream, and even mocha chip ice cream are among the options. However, this recipe for Classic Mud Pie, in my opinion, is the true winner. I love the crunch of the cookie crust, the soft ice cream center, the rich handmade fudge, and the light and airy whipped cream on top of this dessert. YUM. It’s extra-chocolately, creamy with a hint of crunch, and completely tempting all at the same time.
Birthday celebrations, family gatherings, or Sunday dinners are all excellent occasions for serving this dish to a large group of people.
Mud Pie is a classic dessert that is excellent for celebrating the forthcoming fall and holiday seasons.
The best thing is that it is simple to assemble and serve.
There is no need to bake. With addition, the cake is entirely covered in chocolate. So this one is dedicated to all of my chocolate enthusiasts. This Classic Mud Pie is one of those desserts that you simply must cook at least once in your life. The best ice cream dessert I’ve ever had.
- 1 box of Oreo Cookies (about) 14-15 ounces, reserving 1/3 cup for streusel topping
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 gallon heavy cream, any flavor
- 14-15 ounces Heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (chocolate chips will work)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- Prepare the crust and fill it with ice cream the day before serving, or as early in the day as possible. Take the ice cream out of the freezer. Allow to rest on the counter while making the crust
- Oreos should be crushed in a food processor. Toss in 3 tablespoons melted butter while using the pulse function on the food processor to combine. Place the crumbs in a 9-inch pie dish with deep sides, a 9-10-inch springform pan, or a 9-by-13-inch pan
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F. Softened ice cream should be spooned into the prepared pie dough. It is important not to push too hard or the crust may separate. Wrap it up and put it in the freezer.
To Make hot fudge:
- In a large saucepan, cook 1 cup heavy whipping cream, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, and 4 ounces chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly, until the chocolate melts. Increase the heat to medium and continue to cook for approximately 8 minutes, stirring regularly to prevent burning on the bottom. This procedure can be carried out in a double boiler. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla until creamy. Allow the ice cream to cool fully before adding the topping. Put ice cream on top of the hot fudge and return the pie to the freezer until it has cooled fully. whip cream in stand mixer or big basin with hand mixer until it is light and airy. Add 2 tablespoons powdered sugar to the whipped cream and mix on low speed until firm, about 2 minutes. Using the leftover Oreo crumbs, decorate the top of the pie. Before serving, place the dish in the freezer for at least 4 hours or up to 2 days. When the pie is allowed to remain in the freezer for at least 6 hours, it is at its finest.
- Alternatively, make the crust and fill it with ice cream ahead of time and put it in the freezer
- The hot fudge should be prepared ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until needed
- The whipped cream can be made ahead of time and put on top of the mud pie just before serving
- The whipped cream can be made ahead of time and poured on top of the mud pie right before serving
Frozen Mud Pie
Preparation time: 40 minutes plus freezing
a total of 8 servings The recipe for this delicacy, which appears to be time-consuming but is actually rather simple, has become a tradition in my household. Although I favor the mocha flavor, chocolate chip ice cream may be preferred by those who want pure chocolate. Making the cookie crust is a piece of cake. Delenzini-Wilkerson of Lusby, Maryland, sent in this message: Photo courtesy of Taste of Home of Frozen Mud Pie Recipe.
- 1-1/2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1-1/2 tablespoons optional sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 4 cups chocolate chip or coffee ice cream, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract a quarter cup of chocolate syrup
- It is optional to add more Oreo cookies.
- Toss cookie crumbs with optional sugar in a small mixing bowl until well combined. Add in the butter and mix well. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie pan that has not been oiled. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. 2 cups ice cream should be poured into the crust. Drizzle half of the chocolate syrup over the top and swirl with a knife. Gently spread the remaining ice cream on top. Drizzle the remaining syrup over the top and twirl with a knife. Freeze until the ice crystals are solid. Remove the frozen food from the freezer 10-15 minutes before to serving. Alternatively, entire biscuits can be used to decorate the top.
Toss cookie crumbs with optional sugar in a small mixing dish. Butter should be included. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie pan that hasn’t been oiled before using it. 30-minute refrigerating period Fill the crust with 2 cups ice cream. Use a knife to stir half of the chocolate syrup into the batter. Apply a thin layer of ice cream on top, gently pressing down. Use a knife to swirl the remaining syrup into the cake. Freeze until the ice crystals are solid. 10-15 minutes before serving, remove the frozen vegetables from the freezer.
Frozen Mud Pie Recipe on Food52
TY MECHAM captured this image. AMELIA RAMPE is a food stylist who works in the food industry. AMANDA WIDIS is the PROP STYLIST.
Using an offset spatula, quickly spread over the ice cream to smooth it out and make it level. This will ensure that the ice cream layer is perfectly smooth and even. Make fast work of the chocolate fudge layer by using a tiny offset spatula or knife to spread it on. You must be careful not to overwork the ice cream, because otherwise it will begin to melt and combine with the whipped cream. Large dollops of fudge are placed down the inside surface of the pan first, which I find to be the most effective.
I use up all of the chocolate by wrapping it around the circumference of the pan, giving them the appearance of outer petals of a flower or rays of sunlight, respectively.
If you’re making whipped cream, put it in a stainless steel or glass bowl and freeze it for 15 minutes before you start whipping it.
The better the whip, the colder the cream must be.
- Approximately 2 hours and 20 minutes for preparation and 10 minutes for cooking. This recipe makes one 10-inch pie.
- A total of 11 / 2 (9-ounce) packets Famous Chocolate Wafers, split (a total of 13 1/2 ounces). Unsalted butter, melted to 8 tablespoons (1 stick)
- Two (28) cups coffee ice cream
- Three (11) to twelve (12) ounce jars thick, store-bought hot fudge topping (not syrup), such as Smucker’s, at room temperature
- Two (2) 28-ounce containers coffee ice cream 2 cups chilled heavy whipping cream
- 1 / 4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Melt the butter in a small saucepan. In the meantime, throw 9 ounces of the chocolate cookies in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Once the pulses are completed, process till fine. Transfer to a springform pan with a 10-inch diameter. Preparing the remaining 4 1/2 ounces of cookies and setting them away
- Spread butter over the crumbs in the pan and swirl until moistened, then press into the bottom of pan with your fingers or a glass. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from oven and allow to cool fully. When the cookies cool, they will stiffen somewhat and form a beautiful chocolate foundation. Place the ice cream in the freezer and take it out to let it to soften slightly on the kitchen counter
- Spread the softened ice cream over the crumbs on the bottom of the pan. A rubber spatula is ideal for this task. Freeze until the ice crystals are solid. When the ice cream has firm, work quickly to apply the chocolate fudge topping on top of the ice cream before it becomes too hard (see Author Notes for tips). Remove from oven and set in freezer for at least 2 hours or overnight before serving
- Sprinkle with remaining crumbs, leaving a tiny border to allow the chocolate fudge to peek through
- When you’re ready to serve, mix up the whipped cream as follows: In the bowl of a standing mixer, combine the cool heavy cream and sugar until well combined. Beat on a medium-high speed until medium-sized peaks begin to form
- Each slice should be topped with a generous scoop of whipped cream.
Danielle Rehfeld is a chef and journalist residing in New York City. Her website, the inherited plate, has recipes and movies that highlight foods and people from our diverse global community’s culinary heritage.
Mississippi Mud Pie
Mississippi Mud Pie is a decadent chocolate 4-layer pie that is to die for. Beginning with an Oreo crust and a fluffy flourless chocolate cake, it is then covered with chocolate pudding, marshmallows, and freshly produced whipped cream to finish it off!
Desserts made without flour may still be rich and flavorful! Simply make this Mississippi Mud Pie, Black Bean Brownies, or Salted Pecan Chocolate Cookies and see what you think!
WHat is Mississippi Mud Pie?
This isn’t your typical pie, believe it or not! Mississippi Mud Pie is a popular classic dish that is made out of numerous chocolaty layers that are meant to seem like a gooey “mud pie.” In one of my favorite food books, Baked Explorations, there was a mud pie recipe that I had my eye on, but it appeared to be too hard with all of the different layers. Well, I’ve finally chosen to take on the challenge! I made a few modifications to the recipe and the ingredients in order to make it more straightforward.
How could you go wrong when you had all of those layers on top of each other?!
When you cut into it, it’s almost certain to become a little sloppy!
Oreo Cookie Crust
PREP. 300 degrees Fahrenheit is the recommended temperature for the oven. Prepare a 9-inch springform pan by spraying it with cooking spray and setting it aside. MIX. Grind the Oreo cookies in a food processor or blender until they are the consistency of fine crumbs. To make the crumbs, place them in a medium-sized mixing bowl and pour the melted butter on top of them. Using a spatula, combine the ingredients until the crumbs are evenly coated. PRESS. Set aside about 12 inches between the rim of the springform pan and top of the crust as a buffer zone.
Place the crust in the oven for 8 minutes, then remove it from the oven and set it aside to cool.
While the crust is cooling, raise the temperature of the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
the flourless chocolate cake
BUTTER. In a double boiler, melt the butter and chocolate, stirring constantly until smooth. Take the pan from the heat and set it aside to cool. Warm the water, salt, and vanilla extract in a 1-cup glass measuring cup and set it aside until needed. EGG WHITES ARE A TYPE OF EGG WHITES. Egg whites should be beaten until they are frothy in a large mixing dish or the bowl of a stand mixer (approximately 2 minutes). In a slow, steady stream, increase the speed to high and gradually add 12 cup sugar, beating until soft peaks appear.
- The egg yolks and remaining 12 cup sugar should be whisked together in another large mixing basin or the bowl of a stand mixer for 3-4 minutes, or until the eggs are light and have almost doubled in volume.
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the basin with a rubber spatula, and then add the water mixture while mixing on low speed.
- Adding the remaining egg whites and gently folding until nearly entirely mixed (taking cautious not to overmix) should take around 30 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared crust, carefully sprinkle the chocolate chips on top, and bake for 38 to 40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
Remove the baking sheet from the oven and set it aside to cool to room temperature. It is typical for the cake to fall in the middle and along the borders. Once the cake has cooled, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
PUdding + whipped cream layers
PUDDING. Stir until there are no clumps of sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, salt, egg yolks, and milk remaining in a medium pot until well combined. Heat the pan over medium heat until it is hot. Bring the mixture to a boil while continually whisking it. After the mixture has reached a boil, it will instantly begin to thicken. Cook for one minute, then turn off the heat and set aside. REFRIGERATE. In a separate bowl, whisk together the chocolate chunks, butter, and vanilla. Allow for 15 minutes of resting time before wrapping with plastic wrap (directly over the surface of the pudding to avoid a skin from developing) and chilling for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preparing the whipped cream while the cake and pudding are cooling is recommended.
- Remove the whipped cream from the bowl and transfer it to a smaller bowl, covering it with plastic wrap and refrigerating it until required.
- Remove the cake and the pudding from the refrigerator after they have both been allowed to cool for at least two hours.
- Gently push the marshmallows into the top of the pudding to make it seem like a snowman.
- Continue to refrigerate for at least an additional two hours before serving.
Every chocolate lover’s dream comes true with this rich and luscious treat! Here are some suggestions to assist you in making your idea a reality:
- Using a hair dryer to blow hot air into the bottom and edges of the cake pan for 10 seconds before to baking will make removing the pie from the springform pan much easier. This will assist in ensuring a smooth and clean discharge
- In order to add a little flair to your mud pie, sprinkle it with chopped pecans, walnuts, chocolate shavings, or dust it with cocoa powder before serving
STORE any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, although we’re confident they’ll be gone in no time! To prevent Saran Wrap or foil from clinging to the top of the dish, we recommend inserting a few toothpicks around the corners of the dish before wrapping the foil or Saran wrap around the dish completely.
Here are more dreamy desserts:
- Banana Pudding Cheesecake, Lemon Cream Pie, Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes, and Double Chocolate French Silk Pie are some of the desserts available.
Recipes can be printed
for the crust:
- 12 cups Oreo cookies (approximately 40 cookies, finely crushed)
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 16 ounces Oreo cookies
for the flourless chocolate chip cake:
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 ounces dark chocolate (60-70 percent cocoa solids, chopped)
- 1 cup butter 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 6 separated eggs
- 1/4 cup warm water 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
for the dark chocolate pudding:
- 1 1/4 cupsmilk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ounce dark chocolate (60-70 percent)
- 1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows (set aside for assembly)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 2egg yolks
for the whipped cream:
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated or powdered sugar
- Sprinkle of salt
- 300 degrees Fahrenheit is the recommended temperature for the oven. Using cooking spray, coat a 9-inch springform pan and set it aside. Grind the Oreo cookies in a food processor or blender until they are the consistency of fine crumbs. To make the crumbs, place them in a medium-sized mixing basin and pour the melted butter on top of them. Using a spatula, combine the ingredients until the crumbs are well-coated. Set aside about 12 inches between the rim of the springform pan and top of the crust as a buffer zone. Firmly press the crumb mixture into the bottom and sides of the springform pan. Place the crust in the oven for 8 minutes, then take it from the oven and set it aside to cool. Increase the temperature of the oven to 350 degrees while the crust is cooling. The butter and chocolate should be melted in a double boiler, stirring constantly, until smooth and creamy. Take the pan from the heat and set it aside to cool. Warm the water, salt, and vanilla extract in a 1-cup glass measuring cup and put it aside. Egg whites should be beaten until they are frothy in a large mixing dish or the bowl of a stand mixer (approximately 2 minutes). In a separate large mixing bowl or stand mixer bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the remaining 12 c. sugar until the yolks are light and have about doubled in volume, approximately 3-4 minutes
- Gradually increase the speed to high and add the sugar slowly, beating until soft peaks form. In a separate bowl, add the chocolate mixture and beat until barely blended. Scrape the sides and bottom of the basin with a rubber spatula, and then add the water mixture while mixing on low speed. Beat until the ingredients are barely mixed
- Gently fold in 1 cup of the beaten egg whites into the chocolate mixture until everything is well combined. Gentle fold in the remaining egg whites for about 30 seconds after adding the first batch
- Continue folding until nearly entirely incorporated, being careful not to overmix. Pour the mixture into the prepared crust, carefully sprinkle the chocolate chips on top, and bake for 38 to 40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. The top of the cake will be semi-crisp, but it will still wobble a little. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and set it aside to cool to room temperature. It is typical for the cake to fall in the middle and along the borders. Once the cake has cooled, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for 2 hours. While the cake is baking, prepare the pudding by whisking together the sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, salt, egg yolks, and milk in a medium saucepan until there are no clumps left. Heat the pan over medium heat until it is hot. Bring the mixture to a boil while continually whisking it. After the mixture has reached a boil, it will instantly begin to thicken. Allow one minute of cooking time before turning off the heat. In a separate bowl, whisk together the chocolate chunks, butter, and vanilla. Fill a large mixing bowl halfway with whipped cream and set aside for 15 minutes before covering with plastic wrap (directly on top of the pudding to prevent a skin from forming) and placing in the refrigerator for 2 hours. While the cake and pudding are cooling, prepare the whipped cream and set aside. In a medium-sized mixing basin or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk together all of the ingredients until firm peaks begin to form, about 1-2 minutes. Immediately after removing the whipped cream from the bowl, transfer it to a smaller bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and set it aside until needed. Once the cake and the pudding have both been allowed to cool for at least two hours, remove them from the refrigerator and evenly spread the pudding over the top of the cake. Gently push the marshmallows into the top of the pudding to make it seem like a snowman. Spread the whipped cream over the marshmallows, filling in any cracks and smoothing out the surface until it is completely smooth. Refrigerate for at least two additional hours before serving
- Otherwise, serve immediately.
6622 kcal|70g carbohydrate|9g protein|40g fat|21g saturated fat|3g polyunsaturated fat|13g monounsaturated fat|1g trans fat|174mg cholesterol|404mg sodium|385mg potassium|5g fiber|49g sugar|841 IU vitamin A|1mg vitamin C|91mg calcium|Iron|7 mg Calories:662 kcal|70g carbohydrate|
Amazing Mile High Mud Pie (Easy Ice Cream Cake)
It’s an ice cream dessert that’s out of this world. This Mile High Mud Pie is outrageously amazing. Featuring layers of rich and creamy coffee, chocolate and vanilla ice-cream, ribbons of fudge sauce, cookie crumbles, and Reese’s peanut butter cups, all encased in a delicious chocolate cookie crust. This cake is a dish to remember; even those who do not enjoy dessert will enjoy it! Ice cream cake isn’t only for the summertime; in fact, it’s a treat that we enjoy all year long in our household!
No-bake sweets are a family favorite in our home, and they are also a favorite among our readers! Among the many delicious options available are Fried Ice Cream Cake, Old Fashioned Chocolate Ice Cream, and Patriotic No Churn Ice Cream.
PREPPING FOR YOUR MUD PIE|ICE CREAM CAKE
Instead of my regular ice cream cake, which is baked in a spring form pan, I use a solid glass bowl, such as a conventional Pyrex style dish, to produce an aMILE HIGH Mud Pie. This allows you to see the layering of the ingredients. This ice cream cake may be produced in whatever size you choose. For my son’s birthday, I made two of them, one larger (around 2-2.5 liters) for the day of celebration and another smaller (1.5 liters) for his party. The size is fully up to you. You will simply use more or less of your ice cream depending on how large or little you make them.
Making an ice cream cake or mud pie is less about following a recipe and more about combining your favorite ice creams, toppings, cookies, and fillings to create something uniquely your own!
Speaking of ice cream, Alden’s Organic Ice Cream is one of my favorites; their coffee chip flavor is particularly wonderful and unique.
BEST COOKIE CRUST
In order to make theCookie Crust, I used Back to Nature Classic Creme Sandwich Cookies, although Oreos® would also work great. Using a food processor, pulse the cookies until they resemble coarse crumbs (you may do this in batches if you have a smaller processor).
GLUTEN FREEMUD PIE
Sandwich cookies should be substituted with a gluten-free cookie of your choosing, and make certain that all of the toppings and ice cream are likewise gluten-free. Melt 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick) in a small saucepan over low heat, then pour into a food processor and puree until the butter is mixed. Remove 1-2 teaspoons of the crumbs for garnish and put the rest of the crumbs in another bowl.
HOW TO MAKE A COOKIE CRUST WITHOUT A FOOD PROCESSOR
Is there no food processor? No issue, simply store your cookies in a heavy-duty plastic zipper baggie after each batch, working in numerous batches. Crumble and roll the biscuits until they resemble coarse crumbs using a rolling pin or heavy-bottomed bottle. Transfer to a mixing basin and toss in the melted butter until everything is well-combined.
HOW TO SOFTEN ICE CREAM
Preparation: Soften the ice cream by leaving it out on the counter for approximately 15 minutes; you want it soft enough to easily form into the bowl. Alternatively, you may zap it in the microwave for 15-20 seconds, but no more.
BUILDING YOUR LAYERS FOR ICE CREAM CAKE
Making use of an ice cream spade (aspatulawill work just fine too) In the bottom of the bowl, scoop out about 1-2 inch thick layers of ice cream and set them there. If necessary, smooth out fully with the back of the spade or the big spoon, or cover in plastic wrap and push down until it’s flat and even with the surface.
Using a spoon, spread a layer of fudge topping on top of the ice cream. If you need to reheat the fudge to make it easier to pour or spread, only warm it slightly so that it does not melt the ice cream. Alternatively, try my simple homemade fudge topping!
ICE CREAM CAKE TAKES TIME TO FREEZE
Freeze for 30-60 minutes before using! Remove the bowl from the freezer in preparation for the next round of ice cream and toppings. You may add chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, or other favorite candy to the top of the first layer and push it in slightly if you choose. Spread part of the cookie crumb crust over the top (but save plenty for the final crust) and push it into the nooks and crannies of the pie, filling in any holes and cracks that may have occurred.
Scoop and press on your next layer of ice cream, then repeat the process with the fudge topping (or ganache, as shown below) layer.
Every time I make an ice cream cake, I use at least two distinct flavors of ice cream, so that at least one of the flavors appeals to everyone.
MAKING CHOCOLATE GANACHE (optional)
If you’re planning on preparing ganache, now is a fantastic time to do it and include it into your masterpiece. Microwave in 30-40 second bursts, stirring well in between, in a microwave-safe dish filled with chocolate chunks and whipped cream It melts much more quickly than you expect and will continue to melt. Overheating will result in a burnt ganache, which will spoil your dessert. It may seem like overkill to use cookie crumbs and ganache in the same cake, but who am I to tell you what to do?
Combine vanilla and a sprinkle of salt in a mixing bowl.
Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Finally, when the cookie crust and/or organache layers are firm to the touch, add your final layer of ice cream. Because I forgot to add it at the end, I ended up adding it right before the cookie crust, which was rather delicious, I must say! In the last step, press the cookie crumb crust into place and smooth it down firmly using parchment paper or plastic wrap. Preferably, cover and freeze for at least 4-6 hours, but not less than overnight.
Ice Cream Cake in a Hurry?
My layering method has been referred to be ” RUSH ” by some. Although the cake is less attractive if it is not frozen between layers, guess what? It still tastes great. If you are pushed for time, do all of your layering without freezing between each layer, work quickly, and put that baby in the freezer for at least 6-8 hours; better overnight, to ensure that it is completely frozen.
HOW TO UNMOLD THE ICE CREAM CAKE
Make sure you have a dish or platter large enough to accommodate your Mud Pie masterpiece! Make a mental note to put it away. Slide a tiny knife or a butter knife around the edge of the cookie crust to create a decorative edge. Fill a sink or a much bigger dish halfway with hot running water. Slowly and cautiously lower the bowl into the water, dipping it until it is just before the rim (be careful not to water log your cookie crust). Hold for approximately one minute. Dress in dishwashing gloves if the water is too hot or if it is too cold to grip the frozen glass bowl.
- Placing a plate or platter on top of a bowl and flipping it over while holding both the bowl and the plate until the bowl is sitting on the plate is a good technique.
- If it continues to be stubborn, let it in the hot water for another 30 seconds before attempting to remove it.
- Before serving, pour over extra fudge sauce, sprinkle with a spoonful of the saved cookie crumbs, and/or drizzle with Magic Shell if preferred.
- Cutting the cake into appropriate sizes with a large knife while running it under hot tap water or placing it in a glass of hot water makes cutting the cake simpler and results in a smoother finish.
ServeIMMEDIATELY. Return the remaining cake to the freezer if it has not been consumed. If preferred, cut the cake into slices and, using the backside of a knife, place wax or parchment paper between the pieces to make serving simpler.
MAKE IT YOUR OWN! A FEW GARNISH IDEAS
- Drizzle a bit extra fudge or your favorite topping on top, such as magic shell, if you choose. Crumbled cookies pieces, chopped Reeses Peanut Butter cups, M Ms, or other candy can be sprinkled on top. Using a pastry bag, pipe a dollop of whipped cream
- Include jimmies! Jimmies is always up for a good time
PHEW! It appears to be much more difficult than it actually is; in fact, it is one of the simplest, no-fuss desserts I have ever made, yet it is frequently requested. It’s well worth the effort spent in between layers to create this masterpiece!
- Birthday Cake Ice Cream Cake| Birthday Cake, vanilla and chocolate ice creams with fudge and/or caramel toppings, rainbow jimmies layer, and a blonde or chocolate sandwich cookie crust are the ingredients for this cake. Mint Chip Ice Cream Cake| Mint Chocolate Chip, Chocolate, and Vanilla Ice Creams – Mint Chocolate Sandwich Cookie Crust – Fudge and use extra cookies in the middle (whole, uncrushed) layers
- Mint Chocolate Sandwich Cookie Crust – Fudge and use extra cookies in the middle (whole, uncrushed) layers
- Mint Chocolate Sandwich Cookie Crust Chocolate Cookie Crust, Fudge and Caramel Topping, and Reeses Peanut Butter Cups make up the Mountain Man Ice Cream Cake. Mountain Man Ice Cream Cake is a combination of moose tracks, chocolate, and vanilla ice cream.
HOLIDAY ICE CREAM CAKE IDEAS
- Salted Caramel Ice Cream, Vanilla Ice Cream, and Dark (Black) Chocolate Ice Cream
- Halloween colored sprinkles and jimmies
- Chocolate Cookie Crust + Middle Layer of Chocolate Ganache
- Halloween colored sprinkles and jimmies To make the Vanilla ice cream more orange, you can use food coloring. Turkey Day Ice Cream Cake | Pumpkin – Vanilla – Pumpkin Ice Creams | –Golden Oreo Cookie Crustor Spice Cookie Crust – Caramel Toppings
- –Golden Oreo Cookie Crustor Spice Cookie Crust Eggnog Ice Cream Cake| Eggnog ice cream cake with whipped cream OR Chocolate Sandwich Cookie Crust – Caramel or Fudge OR Vanilla Ice Cream – Blonde Toppings and layers, which are ideal for the holidays, when Egg Nog is plenty
- Ice Cream Cake with Crushed Peppermints (Candy Canes) and White Chocolate Chips|Peppermint, Vanilla, and White Chocolate Ice Creams-layered with Crushed Peppermints (Candy Canes) and White Chocolate Chips with a layer of chocolate crushed cookies and a chocolate cookie crust Ideal for the holidays and New Year’s Eve
I’d be interested in hearing how you stacked your mud pie! Please leave a comment below the recipe.
You might like these other no bake, easy ice cream recipes!
- Old Fashioned Vanilla Ice Cream
- Chocolate Peppermint Ice Cream Cake
- Circus Animal No Churn Ice Cream
- Rose Pistachio No Churn Ice Cream
- Old Fashioned Vanilla Ice Cream
- Old Fashioned
Do you enjoy this recipe? Don’t forget to rate it by clicking on the star icon in the recipe below! Time required for preparation: 30 minutes Time required for freezing: 8 hours Time allotted: 8 hours 30 minutes are allotted for this task. Extremely delectable and simple! Served in a delicious oreo cookie crust, Mile High Mud Pie contains layers of creamy ice, fudge, and everything else you can think of between layers of ice cream.
- Sandwich cookies with cream filling (I used Back to Nature Chocolate Creme Cookies, but you could use Oreos, Newman O’s, or other similar cookies)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter that has been let to cool slightly
- 3-1/2 gallons each of vanilla, coffee, and chocolate ice cream (or your preferred flavors
- See variants below)
- 3 1/2 gallons each of vanilla, coffee, and chocolate ice cream (or your favorite flavors
- See variations below)
- Make myChewy Hot Fudge or use a container of hot fudge sauce (try to find one that does not include high fructose corn syrup). 1 “magic shell” recipe or purchase Magic Shell Fudge (optional). 1 bag mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, chopped (optional)
- 1 recipe chocolate ganache (optional)
- 1 bag mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, chopped
- Cups: 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips, 2/3 cup milk chocolate chips (all semisweet works nicely too), 1 cup heavy whipping cream, 2 tablespoons butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla essence, pinch of salt
- Placing the cookies in the bottom of a food processor (or in small batches if your food processor is smaller) and pulsing until the cookies are coarse crumbs is a good way to describe what you’re doing. Melt 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) of butter in a small saucepan over low heat, then pour into a food processor and puree until the butter is mixed. Remove 1-2 teaspoons of the mixture and put it aside
ASSEMBLING MUD PIE
- For starters, use a sturdy bowl that can withstand freezing and heating, such as these traditional clear glass Pyrex bowls, so that you can see your layering clearly. You may choose between 1.5 liter and 2.5 liter bowls, depending on your desire. The art of making an ice cream cake or mud pie is more about creativity than following a recipe
- It is simply taking your favorite ice creams, toppings, cookies and fillings, and putting them together in a unique way. Scoop about 1-2 inch layers of ice cream into the bottom of the bowl, using an ice cream spade (a spatula will also work fine) and set aside. Press down with the back of a spade or a large spoon to completely smooth out the surface, or use a piece of parchment paper or plastic wrap and press down until it is even. Spoon a layer of fudge topping over the ice cream and spread evenly. It’s okay to reheat it slightly to make it simpler to pour, as long as you don’t entirely melt the ice cream in the process. FREEZE for 30-60 minutes
- Remove from freezer and set aside for your next round of ice cream and toppings to be made. If desired, chop some Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, or other favorite candies and place them on top of the first layer, pressing them slightly into the layer below the candy. Spread some of the cookie crumb crust on the top (but leave plenty for the actual crust) and press it into the nooks and crannies, filling in any holes and cracks if desired. NOTE | Because my son preferred the “crumbly” cookie parts of the cake, I added a second layer of cookie crumbs to the middle of one of the cakes and omitted the ganache from the other. Both cakes were delicious. Continue with your second layer of ice cream and repeat with the fudge layer, then place in the freezer for 1 hour to firm up. Alternatively, a fudge layer can be replaced with a ganache layer (instructions below). I prefer to utilize a variety of ice cream flavors in my ice cream cakes since it appeals to the most people. The final layer of ice cream should be added after the cookie crust and/or ganache layers have firmed up a little bit from freezing. Smooth it out and put it in the freezer for 30 minutes. Finally, using parchment paper or plastic wrap, press your cookie crumb crust into the pan and smooth it out firmly with your fingers. Keep covered and freeze overnight preferably, or at least 4-6 hours
- If you’re planning on preparing ganache to go with your cake, now is a wonderful time to get started. Heat in 30-40 second bursts, stirring carefully in between, in a microwave-safe dish filled with chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream until well heated. It melts much more quickly than you expect and will continue to melt. Overheating will result in a burnt ganache, which will spoil your dessert. It may seem like overkill to use cookie crumbs and ganache in the same cake, but who am I to tell you what to do? Once smooth, add in your butter and mix until everything is well-combined and smooth. Combine the vanilla and a sprinkle of salt in a separate bowl. Allow for 10-15 minutes of cooling time before spooning over the frozen ice cream layer and smoothing to the edges. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
HOW TO UNMOLD THE ICE CREAM CAKE
- Make sure you have a dish or platter large enough to accommodate your Mud Pie masterpiece! Prepare ahead of time
- Slide a tiny knife around the edge of the cookie crust to create a decorative edge. Using hot tap water, fill a sink or a much bigger dish halfway. Carefully lower the bowl into the water, dipping it until it’s just below the rim (be cautious not to water log the cookie crust) and then remove it. Hold for approximately one minute
- Put on some dishwashing gloves if you find it too cold to grasp the frozen glass bowl or the water too hot to handle. Bonus points if the gloves are attractive. Stack the platter on top of the bowl and turn it while holding both the bowl and the plate until the bowl is sitting on the plate
- Repeat with the other bowl. It may be necessary to slightly incline the bowl and insert a knife down one edge, gently urging the cake to come out of the bowl! It will not budge if you leave it in the hot water for another 30 seconds before attempting again. Remove from the oven and place in the freezer for 30 minutes or longer. Just before serving, pour over additional fudge sauce, sprinkle with a tablespoon of remaining cookie crumbs, and/or drizzle with Magic Shell if preferred. Taking the ice cream cake out of the freezer 10 minutes before serving is a good idea. Slice the cake into desired size pieces, running a long knife under hot tap water or placing it in a glass of hot water to heat it makes cutting the cake simpler and results in a smoother finish. Serve as soon as possible. Leftovers should be frozen.
- Drizzle a bit extra fudge or your favorite topping on top, such as magic shell, if you choose. Crushed cookie bits or diced Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups can be used as garnishes. PHEW! It’s only a scoop of whipped cream! It appears to be much more difficult than it actually is
- In fact, it is one of the simplest, no-fuss sweets I prepare, yet I am frequently asked for the “recipe” by those who have tried it. Because this work of art is so beautiful, it is well worth the time spent between layers.
Ideas for Flavor Combinations
- A mint chocolate chip ice cream cake with mint chocolate chip ice cream, chocolate ice cream, and vanilla ice cream, as well as a mint chocolate sandwich cookie crust and additional cookies in the center (whole, uncrushed) layers. Recipe for Thanksgiving Ice Cream Cake: pumpkin ice cream, vanilla ice cream, pumpkin ice cream, gingersnap or spice cookie crust, caramel topping Mt. Man Ice Cream Cake | Moose Tracks Ice Cream, Chocolate Ice Cream, Vanilla Ice Cream – Chocolate Cookie Crust with Fudge and Caramel Toppings
- Mountain Man Ice Cream Cake Christmas Ice Cream Cake | Egg NogVanilla Ice Cream – Blonde OR Chocolate Sandwich Cookie Crust – Caramel or Fudge Toppings
- Vanilla Ice Cream – Blonde OR Chocolate Sandwich Cookie Crust
- Birthday Cake Ice Cream Cake | Birthday Cake, vanilla and chocolate ice creams with fudge and/or caramel toppings, rainbow jimmies layer, and a blonde or chocolate sandwich cookie crust are the ingredients for this cake. Ice Cream Cake with Peppermint and Vanilla Ice Creams, and if wanted, White Chocolate Ice Creams- Layered with crushed peppermints (candy canes) and white chocolate chips, with a chocolate crushed cookies layer and a chocolate cookie crust
- Christmas Peppermint Ice Cream Cake
What if you don’t have a food processor? No issue, simply store your cookies in a heavy-duty plastic zipper baggie after each batch, working in numerous batches. Break up the cookies with a rolling pin or heavy-bottomed bottle until they are the consistency of coarse crumbs, rolling them if necessary. Transfer to a mixing bowl and toss in the melted butter until everything is well combined. Soften your ice cream by leaving it out on the counter for 15 minutes or by microwaving it for 15-20 seconds, no longer.
Although the cake is less attractive if it is not frozen between layers, guess what?
If you are pushed for time, do all of your layering without freezing between each layer, work quickly, and put that baby in the freezer for at least 6-8 hours; better overnight, to ensure that it is completely frozen.
All you have to do is make sure your ice cream is gluten free and swap out Oreos or cookies with Gluten Free Sandwich Cookies!
1Calories per serving: 602 (per serving).
This Mississippi Mud Pie is a favorite at our family, and we make it often! Four EASY layers of luxury create a dish that is fabulously rich, insanely creamy, and outrageously delicious! Starting with an Oreo cookie crust, this exquisite Mud Pie recipe continues with a rich chocolate sauce, chocolate pudding, chocolate whipped cream and, last but not least, a fluffy whipped cream topping! Of course, we garnished it all with crumbled Oreos and raspberries, and you can even add nuts if you want to go really fancy.
WHAT IS MUD PIE?
Mud Pie may take on many different forms! To put it simply, it is a chocolate pie with a crumbly cookie crust that is served warm. Because of the name, you could guess that this pie was invented in Mississippi, and I love that it was produced while I was in my 20s – the first written recipe was published in 1975. Classic, now traditional dishes do not have to be handed down from generation to generation to be worthwhile! Southern smarty-pants utilized the new food alternatives (such as instant pudding and Oreos) and created something completely unique and fantastic – Mud Pie!
- It is also known as Chocolate Lasagna or Chocolate Delight.
- It is one of our favorite, most requested, and most prepared sweets at our house– and it will soon be at yours as well!
- Since then, I’ve been preparing a modified version of the recipe, and I recently prepared two pies for Easter since I knew one pie would just not be enough for the occasion.
- At the same time, it’s rich and delicious, but it’s also light and delectable, and I could easily eat half of a pie in one sitting.
While chilling in the refrigerator, this delicacy beckons you to it, no, begs you to take a bite of it and let its delicious chocolate layers to slide down your throat. Chocolate lovers will rejoice since their dreams have come true.
Mississippi Mud Pie Ingredients
The components for this Oreo mud pie are as simple as they come: eight ingredients total. Seriously! Everything you’ll need to prepare this mud pie dessert is listed below:
- It is necessary to utilize the complete Oreo in this recipe, rather than just the chocolate cookie portion of it. When baking, use unsalted butter alone
- Never use salted butter. Baker’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate: I like using semi-sweet chocolate instead of bittersweet chocolate to ensure that this pie is rich without being too sweet. It is important not to confuse sweetened condensed milk with evaporated milk. (1) 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil is put into the chocolate layer to prevent it from hardening when the chocolate layer is allowed to cool
- (2) Chocolate instant pudding: Make certain that you purchase instant pudding rather than cooking and serving it. Anything goes as long as the milk is cold
- Any type of milk will do
- Cool Whip: You may also make your own whipped cream to use in this recipe. Cool Whip just lasts longer than other brands.
How to Make Mississippi Mud Pie
It all starts with a standard Oreo base made of crushed Oreos and butter, which you bake for 8 minutes before adding the rest of the ingredients. Many pie recipes do not call for baking the crust, but I have found that the simple step of baking the crust for a few minutes really helps to solidify the crust and prevents the crust from cracking and crumbling all over the place when cutting into the pie – thus this pie is almost entirely no bake. Because we want our crust to be completely cold before adding our first chocolate layer, you may prepare your crust up to a day ahead of time and cover it with aluminum foil.
FUDGEY CHOCOLATE SAUCE LAYER
Using a microwave, melt chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, and vegetable oil together until smooth and silky. Pour the sauce into the chilled pie crust and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. This results in a coating that is delectably rich and fudgy. It is critical that you allow the pie crust to cool fully before adding this Layer; otherwise, the crust will rise to the surface as you attempt to spread the chocolate. In addition, you want the crust to be completely cool so that you can quickly pour the chocolate into the Crust before it thickens or hardens more.
Mud Pie Chocolate Layer 2 is made by whisking two boxes of pudding mix with a little milk until smooth and creamy. Because you will use substantially less milk than you would with regular pudding, the chocolate pudding will be fairly thick, which is exactly what we are looking for! Half of the chocolate should be spread into the pie.
CHOCOLATE WHIPPED CREAM
Mud Pie Chocolate Layer 3 is made by mixing half of a tub of Cool Whip with the remaining thick chocolate pudding to form a light and fluffy layer that can be spooned into the pie shell after the crust is baked.
COOL WHIP LAYER
Mud Pie Layer 4 is made by spreading the leftover Cool Whip over the top of the pie.
I also enjoy garnishing my Mississippi Mud Pie with raspberries, and even serving it with additional raspberries, so that I may have a pleasantly tart refreshing raspberry combined with rich, delicious chocolate in every bite. It comes highly recommended. But, above all, I strongly advise you to cook this Almost No Bake Mud Pie Recipe as soon as possible! It is going to shout at you.
Mud Pie Variations to Try
It is possible to find as many Mississippi Mud Pie recipes as there are names for them – they come in all shapes and sizes, with varying layers and ingredients – some with ice cream, cream cheese, or meringue, some with a cake or a brownie base, others with pudding, whipped cream, and/or nuts, marshmallows, or Oreos – but this particular recipe is our favorite. In case you’re feeling really inventive, here are some fun ways to personalize your Mud Pie recipe:
- Nuts: You may include nuts into the pudding or use them as a garnish. If you enjoy pistachios, the combination of chocolate and pistachio is a winning one for you. Crushed peanuts and pecans, macadamia nuts, and hazlenuts are all wonderful additions to this dish. Fruit: As previously said, I enjoy the addition of raspberries to my mud pie, but you may also use strawberries or cherries, or even bananas and coconut
- A thin layer of cookie dough squeezed into a pie shell, like in my Million Dollar Cookie Pie, can substitute for the traditional piecrust. Store-bought cookies of any sort, such as lady fingers, shortbread, chocolate graham crackers, peanut butter cookie wafers, vanilla wafers, or Samoa cookies can also be used to make your own cookie crust
- However, this is not recommended. Variations on the pudding: Replace the coconut pudding with chocolate pudding, or combine banana or butterscotch puddings with the chocolate pudding, or use both! Decorate with toasted coconut shavings or sliced bananas for garnish. Ice cream: Instead of pudding, substitute any flavor of ice cream of your choosing. Have it thawed a little bit so that it is not liquid but also not frozen solid, making it more pliable
- Fun Alternatively, if you do not want to bake the crust, you can always stack this lovely pie in a trifle dish. Alternatively, individual meals in mason jars might be served at a shower, birthday party, or other occasion. Simply crumble the crust and press it into the bottom of a serving dish or trifle pan to form a crust. After that, add in all of the fantastic extra deliciousness
Tips for the Best Mississippi Mud Pie
- If you want the crust to cool more quickly, you may place it in the freezer
- Otherwise, it will take approximately an hour to chill entirely at room temperature. You must let the crust to cool fully before placing the pudding on top of it
- Else, the pudding will become rubbery. You may make your pie dough up to a day ahead of time and then cover it with aluminum foil after it has cooled. It is important not to microwave the chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, and vegetable oil at maximum power, since this would cause the mixture to scorch. Additionally, you must stir between 30 second intervals to ensure that the chocolate melts uniformly and that any chocolate at the bottom does not scorch. After everything has melted and been thoroughly mixed, pour it into the pie crust right away. The fudgy chocolate sauce will be thick and will become increasingly difficult to deal with as time goes on. But above all, I strongly advise you to cook this Almost No Bake Mud Pie Recipe as soon as possible.
CAN I MAKE MY MISSISSIPPI MUD PIE AHEAD of time?
Wrapping your Mud Pie firmly will ensure that it will stay well in the refrigerator for several days – that is, provided you can keep yourself and everyone else out of it, that is.
CAN I FREEZE MUD PIE?
Yes, you can freeze Mud Pie, but you should proceed with caution. You should have no trouble freezing the crust. A cooked crust can keep in the freezer for up to 4 months, however a non-baked crust will only keep in the freezer for 2 months. When it comes to the Mud Pie, you can freeze it, but I wouldn’t recommend freezing it with the cool whip topping since it would become mushy and liquid after it is defrosted after being frozen. The general texture of the pie is also not nearly as creamy as it might be.
Looking for More Homemade Pie Recipes?
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- Best Ever Pecan Pie
- Nutella S’mores Pie
- Banana Coconut Pie
- Million Dollar Cookie Pie
- Pear Pie
- Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie
- Mini Caramel Apple Pies
- Praline Pumpkin Pie
- Mini Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Want to try this Almost No Bake Ultimate Mud Pie Recipe?
Carlsbad Cravings is a website owned and operated by CarlsbadCravings.com.
- I use my food processor to finely smash the Oreos with the filling: 24 Oreo cookies with the filling
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 ounces BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup canned sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 (3.9 oz each) pkgs. Instant Pudding with Chocolate Flavor
- JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1 (8 oz.) container Cool Whip Whipped Topping, defrosted and split
- 2 1/2 cups cold milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large mixing bowl, add the Oreo crumbs and the butter and toss until completely blended. Using a 9-inch pie pan, press firmly into the bottom and up the edges to create a uniform layer of the crumbs
- Bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees F, then remove from oven and allow to cool completely before continuing to the next step. You may make your pie dough up to a day ahead of time and then cover it with aluminum foil after it has cooled. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, and vegetable oil. Microwave at 50 percent power for 30 second intervals, stirring in between each interval, until the chocolate is melted. Stir until smooth, then pour into a pie crust that has been allowed to cool. Smooth the bottom of the crust using a pastry brush. Remove from consideration
- Using a handheld whisk, whisk together the pudding ingredients and milk for 2 minutes (it will be thick). 1 to 1 and a half cups over the chocolate layer and smooth out
- Add HALF of the Cool Whip to the remaining pudding and whisk well. Spread on top of the pudding layer in the crust
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight, after sprinkling with the remaining Cool Whip.
- Prepare the garnishes: fresh raspberries (very recommended! ), crushed Oreo cookies, and shaved chocolate (optional).
Were you able to make this recipe? Use the hashtag @CarlsbadCravings and include your location. CarlsbadCravngs Please leave a review, as I always appreciate hearing from you! Recipe modified from KRAFT in certain ways.