DIY Braided Space Buns Tutorial
The Space Buns are a classic ’90s hair tutorial, and this braided Space Bun method has been quite popular since its release. I’d been putting off making this movie for quite some time, and now that I’ve finished it, I see why! It’s actually a lot more difficult than it appears. The braids aren’t too difficult, and the buns are simple, but being upside down for such a long period of time is challenging. In all honesty, after a few different attempts at this braid, I began to feel dizzy and almost fainted, so please exercise caution if you attempt this style.
It is possible that they will be able to lie down on a bed, which would be more comfortable than being upside down the entire time.
In case I haven’t convinced you to attempt this ’90s-inspired hairdo yet, let’s get to the technique for my braided Space Buns!
Braided Space Buns Hair style Tutorial
If you are unable to view the video above, please click here.
What you’ll need:
- Before you begin to detangle your hair, brush it to remove any knots. Separate your hair into two pigtails by creating a center part all the way down your hair
- Turn the head upside down and brush one of the pigtails all the way down the back of the neck. The hair is simpler to pick up if it is brushed forward and towards the ground as you are braiding. Pick up a portion of hair from the nape of your neck and divide it into three sections, starting at the nape of your neck. We’re doing a Dutch braid, which means we’re going to cross our right over our center and then our left under our right and on the third cross, we’re going to pick up some hair to add into the braid. Add hair to every side of the Dutch braid as you proceed, completing the braid. Make an effort to maintain your braid in line with your part and as near to your part as possible for a more consistent look. As soon as you’ve braided your hair all the way to the top of your head, grab any residual hair and pull it into a ponytail directly on top of your head
- Before continuing to the opposite side, give yourself some time to stretch out. Using a Dutch braid that runs from the nape of your neck up to your crown, build a ponytail that is identical to the other side. Now that you have both ponytails done, you may stand up and we’ll complete the buns. Using bobby pins, secure the ponytail in place by gently back combing it and twisting it around.
- Never hurry this method since being upside down for so long is exhausting labor. Therefore, ensure that you take some time to rest or to breathe in between
- Styling using hairspray may assist to tame any flyaways while also keeping the look in place. In order to get a thicker look with fine hair, spritz it with texturizing spray and back comb it a bit more before constructing the buns
- If you want to make a bigger bun, little donut cushioning can be used as well.
And here’s another shot of my pal Flo for your enjoyment. Shortly after we recorded, she had a haircut, and she now appears to be an entirely different dog. This adorable pupper belongs to some of our friends in England, and if you stick around until the end of the movie, you’ll witness some hilarious bloopers from her. Whether you attempt the style on your own hair or whether you put it on a friend’s hair, I’m extremely interested to see how it turns out! Add a hashtag #Hairromance to your Instagram post or send me a snapshot of the look.
Tutorial: How to Create Modern-Day Braided Space Buns
If you were a kid in the 1980s, you might recall the fantastic braided space buns worn by a particular brunette princess of a terrestrial world. This playful replica of the traditional style will have you busting out your three-strand braiding and bun wrapping abilities to recreate this entertaining spin on the classic style. In our opinion, an abridged appearance that involves minimum finessing while yet managing to appear detailed is always a winner. You may follow the steps below to recreate these trendy braided space buns in your own home:
How to Make Modern Braided Space Buns
Even the most undiscerning eye can see that clean hair is happy hair, and happy hair is evident to everyone. Begin by shampooing and conditioning your hair as usual. Step No. 2
Prep your hair.
TRESemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish Mist may be used to smooth out your hair and prepare it for styling by misting a small amount into your hair. This lightweight mist includes aloe vera, coconut oil, and coconutmilk, and it helps to soothe your hair while also acting as a fantastic detangler. It’s perfect for traveling. Step number three.
Blow-dry your hair.
Work your way through your hair, concentrating on drying it to at least 90 percent of its original state.
As long as the focus is still on braids, you won’t have to worry about maintaining a flawless blowout throughout your hair. You should, however, concentrate on smoothing out the front of your hair, which will be the focal point of this appearance. Step number four.
Comb and separate your hair.
Brush your dried hair with a comb. Once you’ve finished styling your hair, make a center part that starts at your forehead and extends all the way to the nape of your neck, dividing it into two even portions. Step number five.
Create your pigtails.
Make two low ponytails that are placed directly behind the tops of your ears to complete the look. Make certain that they are tightly tied. Every one of these ponytails will be holding a braided bun up by itself, and they will act as the foundation of your entire look. Step 6: Organize your thoughts and feelings about the situation.
Braid your hair.
Braid each ponytail into a three-strand braid and secure it with a clear hair tie to complete the look. You’re on the home stretch! Step 7 – Organize your time and resources.
Coil your hair.
Form a bun out of each braid by coiling it over itself. Secure both buns with bobby pins around the outside of the buns. It is essential that you use them to hold the sides down and get the desired coil form. In this eighth step, you will learn how to use a comma to separate the words “and” and “and not.”
A fresh spin on a traditional look that’s suitable for everyday wear and tear!
Sign up to our newsletter and get exclusive hair care tips and tricks from the experts at All Things Hair.
Articles before and after this one
Hot Right Now
Documentation Download Documentation Download Documentation Braids and buns are the hottest hairstyles right now. What could be better than braiding them all together into a stylish bun? The styling options are virtually unlimited. If you want to recreate the classic braided buns that Princess Leia wore in Star Wars, you may do it. If you want a more beautiful look, go for a single bun made up of two French/Dutch braids or two rope braids, as seen below.
- 1Pull your hair into two pigtails and secure them. To begin, part your hair along the center of your head. Make a pigtail out of either side of your hair and wrap it up with a hair tie for a finished look. Positioning them on the top of your head can give you a more contemporary appearance. Place them slightly over your ear to resemble a specific space princess
- 2braid each pigtail and attach with a hair tie to complete the look. If possible, use a smaller or thinner hair tie to keep your hair in place. This will aid in the reduction of bulk. If you have thin hair, you might want to consider teasing it first. This will help to give your braids more volume
- Three. To add volume to your braids, gently pull them apart. Pulling on the loops that make up the braid with your fingertips is a gentle yet effective technique. Your braided buns will appear fuller as a result of this. The following step can generally be skipped by those with extremely thick hair: 4. One braid should be wrapped around the base of the pigtail in a spiral fashion. If you choose, you may wrap it either towards or away from your hairline. To prevent the braid from being seen, tuck the end of it below the bun. Maintaining the bun’s stability with your hand will help you prepare for the following step. 5Bobby pin the bun to your head to keep it in place. 6Repeat the process on the opposite side, being careful to tuck the end of the braid beneath the bun as you pin everything in place. Always make sure your second bun will be wrapped in the same direction as your first bun, whether it is towards or away from your hairline. 7Finish it up by securing the bun with bobby pins. You are now fully prepared to show off your personal style. If you spray the buns with hairspray from extra hold, they will stay in place better. It’s also possible to pluck off a few wisps of hair around your temples and curl them with a curling iron if that’s what you like
- 1Separate your hair down the middle with a center part. The first step is to create two Dutch or French braids, one on each side of your head, and then twist them together to form a bun. 2 Start with aFrench braidorDutch braid on one side of the braid. It makes no difference whether side of the table you start on. You’ll be braiding the other side of your hair later on, so prepare yourself. Optionally, you can clip or knot the other side to keep it from getting in the way
- However, this is not required.
- A French braid is undetectable in your hair. You do this by crossing the strands of hair over one another. A Dutch braid stands out from the rest of the braid. It is customary to cross the strands of hair under one another.
- 3Continue braiding your hair until you reach the nape of your neck, if necessary. Make a standard braid for two more cross-overs, and then fasten it with a hair tie to finish it off. It makes no difference what color the hair tie is. It’s simply temporary, and you’ll be removing it later on in the process. 4. Repeat the procedure on the opposite side of your head. You do not need to knot this braid off, but you should hang on to it as firmly as possible. 5Put two braids together into a ponytail. Make a low ponytail by removing the hair tie from the first braid and tying everything together with it. 6Put the ponytail in a bun by twisting it. First, twist the ponytail into a rope, and then wrap it around the base of the ponytail to form a bun. Tuck the tail end of the ponytail under the bun and fasten it with bobby pins
- 7Pin the bun in place with bobby pins. Pinch and pin the bun in place from the top, working your way down the sides and bottom
- 8Finish by pinning it in place. Extra volume may be achieved by gently pulling on the loops of the French or Dutch braids, which can be done with your fingertips. Give your braids and bun one final spritz of hairspray when you’re finished.
- 1Pull your hair into two ponytails and secure them. Separate your hair down the middle and draw each half up into a ponytail to complete the look. They should be close together, on either side of the hairline, and roughly 1 to 2 inches (2.54 to 5.08 cm) apart, depending on your hairstyle. You’ll want them close together since you’ll be twisting them into a single bun
- And 2 Twist your ponytails into rope braids to finish the look. Using a comb, separate your initial ponytail into two parts. Make a rope out of each part by twisting it together. Next, twist the two strands together to form a thicker rope, making sure that you twist in the opposite direction of the first twist. Hair ties can be used to keep the rope in place. This technique should be repeated with the other ponytail.
- If at all possible, use transparent elastics. If your hair is thin, you may add more volume to the rope braids by muscling them up with your fingers.
- 3) Tie both ponytails together with the right braid into a bun. Wrap the braid in a counterclockwise direction. Make a loop with your right hand and pull it over the left braid. Continue in this manner until you run out of hair. Like a doughnut, leave the center of the doughnut vacant.
- 4Put the bun in a secure place. Tuck the end of the right braid beneath the left braid to complete the look. Additional bobby pins should be used to secure it
- 5wrap the left braid into a bun. As previously, be sure to move in a counter-clockwise direction. Wrap it into a spiral in the middle of the “doughnut” or ring this time, instead of a spiral around the outside. As you continue, add more bobby pins to keep it in place. Remember to tuck the braided end of your hair away out of sight. Bring things to a close. More bobby pins can be used to tuck in any loose ends. You can also choose to leave them alone if you like a more sloppy appearance. Hairspray should be used after you have completed your bun
Create a new question
- Question If I have wavy hair, will this hairdo stay in place while I’m sleeping? Your sleeping position is determined by how often you move around during the night. If you wear these buns to bed, they will most likely seem a little shabby and unkempt. To prevent your buns from coming out as you sleep, it is recommended that you tie a scarf around your head. Question Is there something I can use in place of hairspray to achieve the same results? While your hair is still damp, apply some mousse to it. Hairspray, on the other hand, is the most effective solution. Question Is it possible to do these without plaits? Sure. Simply twist the hair instead of plaiting it and wrap it in the opposite direction of how you twisted it
Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. Submit
- Make use of bobby pins and hair ties that are the same color as your hair
- It is possible that you will have difficulty obtaining bobby pins that match your highly colored hair (for example, pink or blue). Alternatively, you might paint some bobby pins with nail polish that complements your hair
- If possible, utilize hair ties that are thin or tiny in size. They take up less space and are therefore easier to conceal
- Making a straight and smooth parting with a comb will assist to keep your hair looking nice and tidy.
Thank you for submitting a suggestion for consideration!
Things You’ll Need
Thank you to all writers for contributing to this page, which has been viewed 15,404 times so far.
Did this article help you?
It is possible that this content contains affiliate links. Since it’s been a while since I’ve had a request to share my little “space buns” hair lesson, I’m finally getting around to it! I’ll just go right in, but I’ll add something right away – if you don’t know how to dutch braid, you’ll need to learn it for this, so here’s a decent tutorial on how to do it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch braid. WHAT YOU’RE GOING TO REQUIRE:
- Bobbi pins
- A comb
- A brush
- Hair spray, which is my personal favorite
- Small elastics
- Dry shampoo or texture spray (my favorite is found here)
THE TUTORIAL: (ps. if you like video tutorials, there is one below this one if you prefer that format!) Make a center part in your hair and spritz it with dry shampoo (or texturizing spray) in sections all the way down to your ends. Remove a section of hair from the side that will not be braided initially. Then be ready to begin the dutch braid on the first side of your hair. Begin your dutch braid on the first side of your head and continue it for approximately an inch past your chin. Then, using a rubber band, tighten the ponytail while loosening up the braid to create a messier appearance.
Maintain the unkempt appearance of the braid once again.
Afterwards, wrap your hair in a bun, but leave around 1-2 inches (depending on your hair length) at the end to tuck into the middle of your wrapped bun.
Repeat these procedures on the other side, spraying with hairspray as you go. Bobbi pin as often as necessary. FINISHED APPEARANCE: TUTORIAL IN VIDEO: Shop for the goods that were used: This post includes affiliate links for your convenience.
Aren’t space buns just the cutest thing ever? If you look around on the internet, it appears that space bun hairstyles are popular. Whether you are searching for sloppy space buns, braided space buns, low space buns, or half-up space buns, we will provide you with the necessary information in this post. Continue reading to find out how to make space buns the simplest way.
What are space buns?
Despite the fact that some individuals style them as low space buns or as a half-up hairstyle, the majority of people consider space buns to be two buns on top of your head.
(Example of two buns on the top of the head aka “space buns.”)
Space buns can be styled in the same way as sloppy buns. Alternatively, you may do ballerina buns. You may even want to experiment with braided buns. There’s a hairdo for every occasion, even formal occasions. What I like about the space bun hairstyle is that it is easygoing and enjoyable. It’s something I can’t seem to get enough of. Check out these simple step-by-step instructions on how to create beautiful space buns for your hair if you’re interested in doing the same with your hair. But first and foremost, here’s what you’ll need to get things started.
Space Buns Step By Step Instructions
You’ll need to prepare your hair for space buns before you can start styling it in them. First and foremost, brush your hair. This will assist you in keeping your hair free of knots and tangles after washing it.
2. Split your hair.
Now that you’ve finished cleaning your teeth, let’s go on to the next stage. Using a comb, separate your hair into two portions. In an ideal situation, you would split it along the center, resulting in two equal portions. Because I’m a stickler for perfection, I recommend separating your hair as straight and evenly as you possibly can. To create the portion, a pick or a small comb might be used. Make use of a mirror to double-check the accuracy of your space buns component. It is important to take your time with this stage since uneven volumes of hair can ruin your entire space bun hair style.
3. Add the ponytails.
Let’s get started with the ponytails once you’ve divided your hair into two equal sections. What you want to do is clump a piece of your hair together in one place. After that, pull your hair into a ponytail. Then position it so that it rests on the top and back of your head. You want to make sure that all of the bumps and clusters are smooth and uniform. As for the positioning of the hair, you may simply alter it later on to suit your own desire. Just keep in mind that the base of the ponytail will be the location of your space bun.
Make sure the second one is identical in appearance to the first one.
4. Start working on the space buns.
It’s time to put the finishing touches on your ponytails by creating your space buns. Wrap the length of your hair around the base of your ponytail; this will serve as the focal point of your space buns. Next, use bobby pins to hold the freshly created buns in place while they dry.
I would recommend that you use bobby pins that are the same color as your hair (or accessories, if there are any). This will allow you to get a seamless appearance. If you need assistance with this stage, you may view this video instruction on space buns.
5. Seal it with your spray.
You don’t want all of your hard work to go to waste once you’ve finished both sides, do you? Now that you have your space buns in position, the following step is to secure them. Make use of hairspray to get this look. After you’ve finished styling your adorable space buns, spritz them with hair spray.
Space Bun Hairstyle Ideas
Are you looking for additional space bun designs? Here are some fashionable suggestions for you to consider!
1. Space buns with braids
Do you want to learn how to create space buns with braids? Braided space buns elevate your look to a higher level of sophistication.
2. Half up space buns
Half-up space buns are a delightful variation on the classic. When you desire the comfort of letting your hair down but also want the trendy look of space buns, they are the perfect solution for you!
3. Messy Space Buns
What female doesn’t like a messed-up hairstyle? Messy space buns, on the other hand? That’s even better! Messy space buns are a great casual hairstyle for any occasion and can be worn at any time of year.
4. Space Buns For Short Hair
Interested in learning how to achieve space buns on short hair? This video is for you if you have hair that is at least shoulder length or longer.
5. Curly Hair Space Buns
Space buns may be worn by curly females as well! Your curls will give your space buns an extra layer of volume and elegance.
6. Low Space Buns
When most people think of space buns, they see them as being high on the head, yet low space buns are also quite popular. Follow along with this technique to achieve a fashionable low space buns appearance.
Space Bun Inspiration
Are you looking for some creative space bun ideas? Listed below are some other space bun ideas that you will adore!
1. Half Up Pink Space Buns
We can’t get enough of these adorable pink space buns that are half up.
2. Braided Pink + Rainbow Space Buns
What do you get when you combine a rainbow and space buns? Talk about a match made in heaven with these couple!
3. Edgy Purple Space Buns
Totally punk, these chaotic space buns with a flash of purple are perfect for a night out.
4. Space buns on natural hair with gold accents
Make your space buns more interesting by adding some unique decorations like these!
5. Low space buns with braids
This is a style that I’m really enamored with. Everything about these space buns is wonderful, from the braids to the buns to the buns themselves!
6. Space buns for kids
Can you believe how cute these space buns on this tiny child are? Space buns are a truly unique and entertaining mommy and me look.
With space buns, boring hair is a thing of the past.
Do you want to infuse a sense of playfulness and carefreeness into your personal style? Then you should try space buns! They were huge in the 1990s and are now making a resurgence in the 2000s. Are you looking for additional fashionable hairstyles?
- In 2021, you may experiment with 20 different fun rainbow hair color ideas. Try these 30 rose gold hairstyles for a fresh look in 2021. 50 Stunning Long Layered Hairstyles for the Year 2021
- How to Curl Your Hair With a Curling Wand: Tips and Tricks You Should Know
- Nine of the best dreadlock shampoos to use in 2021
10 Braided Space Bun Hairstyles to Spice Up Your Look
If you haven’t already heard, braided space buns are the most fashionable hairstyle for the year 2021. Everyone, from teenagers to celebrities, is smitten with the voluminous hairstyles. After celebrities like as Kendall Jenner and Khloe Kardashian began to flaunt them, the entire globe went insane. And, because braids make everything better, you should surely include some into your space buns.
Braided Space Buns
There’s a reason why space buns are called space buns!
It is possible to go anywhere with this outer space haircut. So be ready and experiment with these sleek and imaginative space buns with braids that will keep you on your toes for the upcoming years.
1. White and Purple Braided Buns
When you have box braids, there are a plethora of styling choices available to make them stand out. Box braids will work well with voluminous braids, rolled buns on top of the head, and lovely, playful space buns, to name a few styling options. Blend purple highlights with the braids that are prominent on the site to ensure that your hairdo is one that will be remembered.
2. Low Afro Space Buns
Keeping African American hair under control is a wonderful thing to see! Begin by dividing your hair into four equal parts starting at the top of your head. Construct the French knits and knot them into two braided space buns that will look stunning when worn with black hair.
3. Ginger Top Buns
Divide your mane into two portions if you want to get the look of these ginger space buns with braids in front of your face. Create two French braids starting as near to the forehead as feasible, and then twist the braids together to form two twisted buns on top of the head.
4. Half Up Half Down Braided Buns
Braided space buns are a fantastic choice if you want a half-up, half-down hairstyle that adds value to your short hair while still being simple. Create the buns on the top of your head and use a straightening iron to wave your hair wonderfully to finish the look off.
5. Next Level Buns with Reverse Braids
Make a fashion statement with these really elegant braided double buns. To get this hairstyle, you will undoubtedly need to become familiar with the art of French braiding. For whom space buns are best suited: Space buns are fantastic because they can be worn with hair of any length. How to Style: Make two braids in the centre of your hair. After that, do two French braids that are turned upside down for the buns. Begin at the nape of the neck and work your way down to where the buns begin.
Buns may be readily converted into bows with a little effort. You’ll have a far more attractive haircut as a result. You may use them in conjunction with any style of braid that you like. Ideal for:Women who are open to experimenting and making adjustments would enjoy this product. How to Dress with Style: Begin braiding from the nape of the neck up. It’s time to finish up with the bows. Form braids into ponytails, but avoid pulling the hair out fully from the ponytail ties altogether. For the bows, you will receive two half of each.
Even females with feed in and box braids may create space buns with their hairstyles. It’s best suited for: African-American women, in particular, are known to enjoy having their hair braided. That does not rule out the possibility of others doing the same. How to Dress with Style: Make use of hair ties and bobby pins to keep the braided space buns in place at the top of the head.
8.Dutch Braided Buns
Using Dutch braids to create space buns is a great idea. Ideal for:Women who want fast haircuts will appreciate this. Instructions for styling: Begin with the braiding and work your way up. Finish with two braided buns to complete the look.
9. BraidedHalf Up Half Down Buns
You are not have to put your entire head of hair in buns. If you put braids in your half-up hairstyle, it will look much better. This hairstyle is ideal for: When you enjoy the look of space buns but don’t want to wear your hair entirely up, this is the hairstyle to choose.
Easy, straightforward, and quite trendy. How to Dress with Style: Make the braids stand out by making them voluminous. When you’re through braiding, gather the remainder of your hair into a few untidy buns to finish. This type of space buns with braids looks great when worn with beach waves.
10. LowBraided Buns
Don’t be afraid to use a lot of braids in your design. They are the most elegant method to accessorize any hairdo, including braided space buns. Ideal for: This style looks much better on hair that has a variety of colors. If you already have a brilliant color in your hair, you should experiment with the elegant braided space buns shown above. How to Dress with Style: You can wear your buns low and begin braiding from the front of your head. Make two Dutch braids on each side, then merge them into a single braid on each side to complete the look.
Modern women are adoring these incredible braided space buns designs, which are very popular among them.
Double Dutch Braid Buns Half-up Hairstyle
It is possible that this content contains affiliate links. This means that if you purchase something after clicking on one of our affiliate links, we may receive a small compensation at no additional cost to you. My excitement is building as I prepare to demonstrate how to make these lovely Double Dutch Braid Buns! This half-up hairdo is really popular right now, and it is one of my personal favorites! I suppose one of the reasons why I adore this look so much is that it seems like a modest tribute to my favorite scary lady.
You don’t want to be left behind when this hairdo is taking over Pinterest!
You may also like: What I Use to Balayage My Own Hair!
- 2 small elastics
- Bobby pins
- 2 small elastics (Optional) The remainder of your hair may be curled using a flat iron. You can learn how to curl your hair with a flat iron by watching my video instruction here.
Let’s Get To It!
This half-up half-down double dutch braid buns hairdo is fantastic! Make a glitter root for the next New Year’s Eve celebration! Remember to pin it, leave a comment, and share it!
Braided Space Buns – Kassinka
SHORTER HAIR TUTORIALS TO HELP YOU HAVE LESS HAIR! This straightforward design elevates the traditional top knot appearance to something more contemporary. Simple techniques and a few of hair pins may elevate your look to a sophisticated level without creating a tangle of your normal entanglements. Even while this bun is a great choice for a lively party updo, it’s also a traditional design that can be worn on a regular basis. When you have these loose braids at the top of your head, a regular top knot becomes more suited for a day at the office or an evening out with your friends.
- Simply follow the instructions in the video below to learn how to do these basic braids!
- FINISHED APPEARANCE SPACE BUNS WITH BRAIDED STRIPS Preparation of the hair: Create a loose wave by curling second or third day hair with a 1 1/2 inch curling wand and then brushing it out to achieve a bouncy look.
- Take each segment on both sides and braid them together in a dutch braid pattern.
- Tie these sections together with elastics until they reach the end of the braid.
- Using bobby pins, secure the ends.
- On the other side, we’ll go through the identical procedure as before.
Please keep in mind that you may use as many bobby pins as you like since you don’t want it to fall out! After I gently took it apart, I snapped a snapshot of what it looked like. The final result is stunning! THE FINISHED APPEARANCE Thank you very much for taking the time to readxoKas
How to Do Space Buns
Messy buns, ballerina buns, braided buns – it’s safe to say that there’s a perfect bun hairstyle for any occasion out there. When it comes to errands, a sloppy bun is appropriate, a ballerina bun is appropriate for an interview, and a braided bun is appropriate for a special occasion. But what about the joyful, carefree bun hairdo that we can’t seem to get enough of these days? The hairdo with space buns! You can safely argue that this hairstyle is out of this world—but it’s not out of reach for you.
HOW TO GET A SPACE BUNS HAIRSTYLE
Gather your materials and then begin working on your space bun style. What you’ll need is the following: a brush for your hair Elastics that are transparent Bobby pins are a kind of pin. Advanced Hairstyle from L’Oréal Paris LOCK IT DOWN Controlling the Weather Hairspray How to get the look:
STEP1: BRUSH YOUR HAIR
While this step may seem self-explanatory, it’s critical to begin by combing your mane to verify that it’s free of any tangles or knots before proceeding.
STEP2: PART YOUR HAIR
By making a center part in your hair, you may divide it into two equal portions. It is critical to ensure that your part is as straight as possible, with the equal amount of hair on either side, since this will make or break your overall space bun appearance!
STEP3: CREATE SOME PONYTAILS
One part of hair should be gathered and tied into a ponytail at the top of your head, toward the back. Make sure to smooth out any kinks that may occur during the process. Your ponytail’s location can be customized to suit your needs; however, bear in mind that the base of your ponytail will be located where your space bun is. Following the completion of one ponytail on one side of your portion, proceed to build a duplicate ponytail on the other side. You don’t want your space buns to seem asymmetrical, so make sure you duplicate your positioning!
STEP4: MAKE YOUR BUNS
To make your space buns, you’ll want to wrap the length of your hair around the base of your ponytail from the front to the back. Hold this freshly created bun in place as you pin it down with bobby pins to finish it off. Make sure to use bobby pins that are the same color as your hair for a seamless appearance! Repeat the process on the opposite side.
STEP5: SEAL THE DEAL
Hairspray should be used to finish the appearance since you don’t want all of your hard work to go to waste. That’s all there is to it, unless you want to go all out and accessorize your space buns for a truly beautiful look. More on it in a moment!
3 WAYS TO MAKE YOUR SPACE BUNS OTHER-WORLDLY
Want to improve the look of your space bun style even further? There are a variety of ways you can make your space buns seem extraterrestrial, and we’ve included three of our favorites below.
OPTION1: ADD COLOR
Surely you agree that such a colorful haircut goes wonderfully with such a joyful color palette? Make your buns pop with a temporary hair color from theL’Oréal Paris Colorista 1-Day Spray or theL’Oréal Paris Colorista Hair Makeup 1-Day Colorlines. Get creative with your hair color!
It’s easy to maintain your space buns hairdo with temporary hair colors from both lines because they wash away in only one shampoo. Instead of going full out with color, you may use the wash out hair color to highlight your roots only—this is one of our favorite festival season looks.
OPTION2: ADD GLITTER
Besides being a major hair color trend right now (hello, festival hair), glitter roots are also the perfect technique to help your space buns style seem like it came straight out of the Milky Way. Sprinkle some glitter throughout your roots and finish the look with some hairspray for a quick and easy look.
OPTION3: ADD FUN HAIR TIES
When everything is said and done, there is no easier way to personalize a space buns hairstyle than by using a few colorful hair ties to bring it all together. Remove the transparent elastics from your wardrobe and replace them with cuffs, coils, and bows. After you’ve finished building your space buns, you can dress them up with a colorful accessory such as a hair clip or a flower crown. You have the entire universe of accessorizing at your disposal. Now that you’ve learned how to do space buns, as well as a few tips and tricks for taking your space buns hairdo to the next level, why not learn how to create the ideal makeup look to go with them?
These Out-Of-This-World Braided Space Buns Are Our Go-To
One thing is certain as the frost of winter begins to fade from the air: festival season is just around the horizon. Soon, you’ll be able to put away your winter coat and break out the crop tops for a weekend filled with snapping selfies with your besties and listening to live music with your favorite bands. If you’re a regular at music festivals, chances are excellent that you’ve already purchased your tickets and selected your outfits—but have you given any attention to your hair? In order to be considered ideal, your festival hairdo must appear immaculate in your social media images as it does after 14 hours of singing and dancing.
Who knows, these flawlessly coiffed space buns could even get you noticed by your favorite performer, which might lead to some stage time.
We collaborated with Casondra Rolph, a Redken artist, to create you this festival-ready hairdo that is certain to turn heads.
How To Style Festival Braided Space Buns
For starters, separate your hair down the center and pull a 2-inch chunk of hair on the right side of your part that is approximately an inch from your hairline to work with. Begin by creating a typical French braid with the hair from the area you just finished. Using a thin elastic, bind the braid at the top of your head until it is no longer visible. Grab a second 2-inch chunk of hair on the left side of the part, approximately an inch from your hairline, and separate it in half. Make a typical French braid on the left side of your head, and secure it at the top of your head with a little elastic band.
As you work your way through the braids, take the loose hair that has fallen out of the elastic and spritz it with Redken’sTriple Dry 15 Dry Texture Finishing Spray, which is a favorite of the editors.
Repeat the same procedures on the other side of your head to complete the circuit.
Take 32 Extreme High Hold Hairspray as an example of extreme high hold.
Sparkly hair accessories are a must-have for each event.
Want to hire a hairstylist to create the festival hairdo of your dreams? Look no further. Make an appointment at a salon near you by utilizing our salon locator service. Take Our Hair Routine Finder Quiz to Find Your Perfect Hair Routine