Kroger Jumbo Hamburger Buns, Dark Rye (8 ct) Delivery or Pickup Near Me
It’s a straightforward process. Product purchases may be made via the Instacart app or website from a store of your choosing that is nearby. After placing your purchase, Instacart will connect you with a personal shopper in your region who will shop for you and bring your order to you. With our “Leave at my door” option, you may get your package without having to interact with it. Using the Instacart app or website, you can keep track of the status of your order and communicate with your shopper at every stage of the process.
Use the Instacart app or website to find a store near you that provides pickup, then select Pickup from the drop-down menu and choose your desired pickup location from where you’d like to complete your order.
It will depend on the retailer whether you will be assisted in loading your goods into your vehicle or whether you will be required to pick them up in a designated location.
The following is a breakdown of the cost of Instacart delivery: – Same-day orders over $35 are subject to a delivery cost that starts at $3.99.
- – Service costs vary and are subject to fluctuate depending on a variety of variables, including your location and the amount and types of goods in your shopping basket.
- Tips are not required for delivery orders, but are highly recommended.
- The whole amount of your tip goes straight to the shopper who delivers your item to your door.
- You can also obtain cheaper service fees by joining.
- This price is normally $1.99 per pickup order.
- – There are no service costs for pick-up orders, regardless of whether the customer is a non-Express or Express member.
- Whenever an item you desire is out of stock at the store, your shopper will make the appropriate substitutions based on your preferences.
- You may instruct the shopper to do the following:- Find the best match: In most cases, your shopper will make the greatest decision possible when selecting a replacement for your item.
- – Select Specific Replacement: In the case of products you’d prefer not to replace, choose “Don’t replace” to receive a refund if the item is out of stock at the time you place your order.
- No, Gluten-free options are not available for Kroger Jumbo Hamburger Buns, Dark Rye.
- Kroger Jumbo Hamburger Buns, Dark Rye contain 42.0 grams of carbohydrates.
It contains 0.0 grams of sugar in Kroger Jumbo Hamburger Buns, Dark Rye. It contains 2.5 grams of fat per serving of Kroger Jumbo Hamburger Buns, Dark Rye. The salt content of Kroger Jumbo Hamburger Buns, Dark Rye is 480.0 grams.
Dark Rye Hamburger Bun 4 in
|Serving Size:||1 Bun|
|Servings per Container:||12|
|Heel Slice Thickness:||.68 in|
|Bun Profile:||Round Top|
|Bun Weight:||60 g|
|Bun Type:||Hamburger Buns|
|Bun Size:||4 in.|
You may reach us by phone or email at any time of day or night. If you prefer, you may also schedule a time to come into our office. Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 4760 PaddockRoad Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 Phone:1 (877) 301-1004Email:[email protected] Location: 1 (877) 301-1004 Map
1 pound and a half (Pack of 2) 4.0 stars out of 5 for this product 213 $13.97($0.40/Ounce) More Purchasing Options $7.84 is the price of one ounce of gold (4 new offers)
Mestemacher Organic Whole Rye Bread 17.6 Oz (Pack of 6)
1 pound and a half (Pack of 6) 337 customers rated this product 4.3 out of 5 stars $21.82($0.21/Ounce) $24.99 Only 6 of these items are left in stock – purchase soon.
Mestemacher Bread, Organic Whole Rye, 17.6 Ounce Packages (Pack of 12)
1 pound and a half (Pack of 12) 4.4 stars out of 5 for this product 1,376 $62.59($0.30/Ounce) More Purchasing Options $45.67 per month (5 new offers)
Mestemacher Bread Organic Whole Rye Bread From Germany 500g Pack of 2 Kosher
3.2 stars out of 5 for this product.
Delba Famous German Whole Rye Bread, 16.75 Ounce (Pack of 12)
16.75 Ounce (16.75 g) (Pack of 12) 4.6 stars out of 5 for this product.
Genuine Bavarian Organic Whole Rye Bread, 17.6 Ounce – 6 per case.6
1 pound and a half (Pack of 6) 4.5 stars out of 5 for this product 48 $34.13($0.32/Ounce) Alternatively, you might pay $34.65 ($0.33/Ounce) instead. There are only 3 left in stock, so place your purchase now.
Finn Crisp Siljans Traditional Whole Rye Crisp Bread, 14 Ounce Package
14 fluid ounces (Pack of 1) 4.7 stars out of 5 for this product 2,176
Mestemacher Rye Whole Bread, 17.6 Ounce – 1 each.
1 pound and a half (Pack of 1) 4.0 stars out of 5 for 450 $10.71($0.61/Ounce) More Purchasing Options $5.95 per pound (3 new offers)
Mestemacher Natural High Fiber Bread 3 Flavor Variety Bundle: (1) Mestemacher Fitness Bread, (1) Mestemacher Rye Bread, and (1) Mestemacher Sunflower Seed Bread, 17.6 Oz. Ea. (3 Total)
The weight of 17.6 ounces (Pack of 3) 4.2 out of 5 stars,897 reviews.
Gourmanity Whole Rye Sunflower Seed Bread, 1.1lb / 500 grams (Pack of 6), Wheat-Free Wholesome Kosher Fitness Bread, German Bread Preservative Free European Bread
The 3 Piece Assortment received 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Mestemacher Bread Whole Rye, 17.6-Ounce (Pack of 6)
1 pound and a half (Pack of 6) Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 379 people $32.35($0.31/Ounce) There are only 10 left in stock, so place your purchase now. More Purchasing Alternatives $24.74 dollars (7 new offers)
Pepperidge Farm Bread – Deli Swirl RyePump-2pack
1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound (Pack of 2) 4.6 stars out of 5 for this product 38
Mestemacher Natural High Fiber Bread 3 Flavor Variety (1) each: Organic Three Grain, Sunflower Seed, Fitness (17.6 Ounces) Plus Recipe Booklet Bundle
Set of 4 Pieces 4.0 stars out of 5 for this product.
Biona Organic – Rye Bread – 500g
3.8 stars out of 5 for this product.
Mestemacher Fitness Bread – 17.6 Oz (Pack of 6)
1 pound and a half (Pack of 6) 291 customers gave it a rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars
Mestemacher Organic Natural Whole Grain Bread 3 Flavor Variety (1) each: Rye and Spelt, Whole Rye, Sunflower Seed (17.6 Ounces) Plus Recipe Booklet Bundle
The 4 Piece Set received 3.8 out of 5 stars.
Linkosuo Varrasleipa Crispy Rye Bread Finland
4.6 stars out of 5 for this product 13 $21.00($21.00/Count) $30.39 Get it between Wednesday, January 19 and Wednesday, February 9.
Mestemacher Bread Natural Package with Blue (Pack of 6)
1 pound and a half (Pack of 6) 498 out of 5 stars4.5 out of 5 stars $20.23$36.99
Mestemacher Bread Sunflower Seed, 17.6-Ounce (Pack of 6)
1 pound and a half (Pack of 6) 4.6 stars out of 5 for 208 $23.07($0.22/Ounce) $24.70
Traditional 100% Rye Sourdough Dehydrated Starter – Best Customer Service, Contact for any Questions
4.2 stars out of 5 for this product 3
Mestemacher, Pumpernickel with Whole Rye Kernel, 17.6 Oz Pack of 2
1 pound and a half (Pack of 2) 250 out of 5 stars4.1 out of 5 stars $15.15($0.43/Ounce) More Purchasing Options $6.23 is a buck twenty-three cents (4 new offers)
Sturdiwheat Bread Limpa Sweet Rye, 1.31 Pound (Pack of 4)
1.31 Pounds in the U.S. (Pack of 4) 617 people rated this product 4.5 out of 5 stars
Sprouted Crisps – Variety 4-pack: Pretzel, Garlic Pepper, Rye Caraway, and Hearty Spelt by Columbia County BreadGranola
3.6 stars out of 5 for this product
Mestemacher Whole Rye Bread, 17.6 oz, 2 pk Pack of 2
3.6 stars out of 5 for this product.
Gourmanity Whole Rye Sunflower Seed Bread, 1.1lb / 500 grams (Pack of 12), Wheat-Free Wholesome Kosher Fitness Bread, German Bread Preservative Free European Bread
1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound (Pack of 2) 4.4 stars out of 5 for this product 47
Biona Organic – Rye Bread – 500g (Case of 6)
4.5 stars out of 5 for this product 138$48.17 Only 6 of these items are left in stock – purchase soon.
Pepperidge Farm: Jewish Rye Seedless Bread, 16 Oz (Pack of 2)
1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound 1 pound (Pack of 2) 4.3 stars out of 5 for this product 26
Dave’s Killer Bread Organic 21 Whole Grains and Seeds Bread – 27 oz Loaf
1.69 Pounds (around $1.69 USD) (Pack of 1) 4.8 stars out of 5 for this product 12,450 Friendly to the Climate Pledge 1 certification may be found here. Our dedication to helping preserve the natural environment is supported by the usage of sustainability certifications, which are made available via the Climate Pledge Friendly program. Time is a finite resource. More information may be found here. CERTIFICATION OF THE PRODUCT (1) Organic certification by the U.S. Department of Agriculture
NATURES OWN WHOLE GRAIN BREAD 100% PER LOAF 20 OZ
1.25 kilograms (Pack of 1) 4.4 stars out of 5 for this product 108
Mestemacher Bread Three Grain, 17.6-Ounce (Pack of 6)
1 pound and a half (Pack of 6) 4.4 stars out of 5 for this product 147 $25.60($0.24/Ounce) There is just one left in stock, so act quickly. More Purchasing Alternatives sixteen dollars and seventy-two cents (9 new offers)
Mestemacher Whole Rye Bread, 17.6 oz, 2 pk Pack of 3
ten ounces (Pack of 1) 4.5 stars out of 5 for this product 228
Keto Factory Sandwich Bread Mix, 7 Oz | 100% Natural, Keto and Diabetic Friendly, Low 1g Net Carbs, Gluten-Free, High 5g Dietary Fiber, Dairy Free, Grain-Free, No added Sugars
7 fluid ounces (Pack of 1) 3.5 stars out of 5 for this product 143
Scratch Premium Dough Conditioner – (2 LB) All Grain Bread Improver, Dough Enhancer, Bread Enhancer
the equivalent of 7 Ounce (Pack of 1) 3.5 stars out of 5 for overall quality. 143
Old London Bread Crumbs, Classic, 10-Ounce Cans (Pack of 12)
1 pound and 15 ounces (Pack of 1) 4.6 stars out of 5 for 491
Mrs. Cubbison’s Cheese Crisps | Parmesan Flavor | 1.98 Ounce | 100% Real Cheese | Keto Friendly | Great for Snacking and Salad Topper
the equivalent of 1.98 ounces (Pack of 1) 4.4 stars out of 5 for 4,305
Ziyad Red Burghul, Number 2 Medium Bulgur, 100% All-Natural, Bread Filler Perfect for Bread Crumbs, Oats, Tabouli, Kibbeh, Curries! 32 oz
32 fluid ounces 4.5 stars out of 5 for 552. $14.99($0.04/Ounce) $13.49 when you sign up for a subscription Save money with a discount
All Natural Spelt Bread (Ezekiel Bread) -2 PACK-Contains Fresh Stone Ground Spelt Flour, Water, Pure Cane Sugar, Yeast, Sea Salt
1.87 kilograms (Pack of 2) 4.5 stars out of 5 for 109
Proximity Rye Malt, 10lb
10 Pounds of Gold (Pack of 1) 4.4 stars out of 5 for this product 42
Sprouted Crisps (Hearty Spelt)
0.35 Ounce (0.335 g) (Pack of 1) 4.3 stars out of 5 for this product 157
KVASS Bread Fermented Beverage- Russian Bread Drink Kvas, 300ml （6 Cans）
4.1 stars out of 5 for this product 6
Crastan – Italian Organic Instant Barley Beverage, (1)- 4.4 oz. Pkg.
4.4 fluid ounces (Pack of 1) 4.7 stars out of 5 for this product
Golden Barrel Unsulfured Black Strap molasses, 32 oz
32 fluid ounces (Pack of 1) 4.5 stars out of 5 for this product 3,373$9.39($0.29/Fl Oz) 3,373$9.39($0.29/Fl Oz) There is just one left in stock, so act quickly.
Organic Light Dried Malt Extract DME – Maltoferm 10001-1 Lb
Previous12NextBrands that are linked to your search: 4.7 out of 5 stars849$11.89Shipping to the Netherlands Sponsored
Please see our support section or contact us. Return to the filtering options menu.
Rye buns — Baking with the French Tarte
These buns are just delicious! Adapted from Bronte Aurell’s “Bronte at Home: baking from the Scandinavian Kitchen,” they come together in a flash, are great for any type of sandwich, have a lightness to them while remaining sturdy enough to withstand the juiciest grilled hamburger (which Steve’s tends to be! ), and are delicious with a cup of coffee. One of our favorite sandwiches is thinly sliced dry beef from our localKingma’smarket (no, not the type you purchase in packets in the cold meat area) with crisp lettuce and a schmear of mayo – wonderful!
- Also, a sprinkling of cheddar cheese never hurt anyone!
- Now, what in the world is it, I inquire?
- Ground beef, egg, onion, pickled beetroot and a bit of the liquid from the beetroot, capers, spices (salt and pepper), and optional chopped chives are used to create this fried burger.
- Despite the fact that they are referred to as rye buns and include dark rye flour, these buns have just the faintest sense of rye taste.
- For this project, I used Bob’s Red Mill flour, which is a beautiful range of flours that can be found at local markets all across the country.
- Their specialty flours, on the other hand, must be ordered from the company, which requires some forethought and preparation.
- Rye flours are available in a variety of grades, including white/light rye, medium rye, dark rye, and pumpernickel.
Because rye flour does not contain as much gluten as its wheat flour equivalents, it is advisable to blend it with all purpose flour to achieve a better rise and lighter texture in baked goods.
Whatever the case, this formula is effective.
What’s not to enjoy about this?
Even while instant yeast doesn’t require a jump start in tepid liquid as active dry yeast does, if you’re planning on finishing the recipe that day, it doesn’t harm to give it a small bath in the warm liquid to get it going a bit faster if you have the opportunity.
Allow 10-15 minutes for the mixture to get frothy.
Ensure you have 200 g (1.5 cups) dark rye flour and 390 g (3 cups) white bread flour on hand, along with 1.5 teaspoons salt, 1 big egg, and 6 tablespoons melted unsalted butter, all of which should be room temperature.
Increase the speed to medium-low and begin to add the bread flour slowly.
Continue to mix for approximately 5 minutes more.
Just so you know, I did end up using the entire bag of bread flour.
Allow it to rise in a warm area for approximately an hour, or until it has doubled in size.
Please keep in mind that the yield of the recipe may vary based on the size you choose to manufacture.
When making my first batch, I used 85 g (3 ounces) of flour, which resulted in 13 buns.
Steve enjoys his hamburger buns a bit larger, my second batch yielded 11 buns weighing around 100g each.
Reduce their size even further!
Place the loaves on a parchment-lined sheet pan, cover with a wet cloth or a lightly oiled piece of plastic wrap, and allow them to rise for approximately 1/2 hour more before serving.
Sprinkle sesame seeds (either white or black, or both) on top after lightly brushing with egg wash (or any seed mixture you like).
Aurell recommends that you use moisture in the oven during baking.
Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the bottom sounds hollow when tapped.
Excellent buns! So far, we’ve eaten grilled burgers on these beauties twice, as well as a variety of sandwiches on these kids. This one is definitely a keeper. Give them a go; you won’t be disappointed.
White Rye Sandwich Buns
Using these white rye buns to make deli-style sandwiches and burgers is a terrific idea. Additionally, they may be rolled out into rounds to make delectable dinner rolls. The second rise takes place in the refrigerator overnight, or for up to 24 hours, in order to enrich the flavor of these buns (as well as to allow you more flexibility in baking).
What is white rye flour?
For the same reason as white wheat flour, white rye flour must be sifted twice to remove the bran and germ. It is pale in color and has a slight rye flavor that is not overpowering. While I’ve been able to obtain medium and dark rye flour in grocery shops, I’ve had to get white rye flour from King Arthur Flour, which is a bit of a hassle. You may also get it through Amazon. The addition of this flour to your cabinet will not be a regret for any bread connoisseurs out there. You may use medium rye flour in place of the all-purpose flour in these buns for a little different, but equally tasty, outcome.
The black sesame seeds on top of these rolls are optional; poppy seeds, ordinary sesame seeds, or even an Everything Bagel topping would all be equally as delicious.
How to make these white rye buns:
On day one, you knead all of the bread ingredients together, either by hand or using a bread machine. After that, you let it sit until it has doubled in size, which should take approximately an hour. Once the buns are formed, they are placed on a baking pan and covered with oiled plastic wrap before being placed in the refrigerator to rise for 8 to 24 hours. Last but not least, you will remove the rolls from their refrigerator while preheating the oven, brush them with egg wash, sprinkle them with seeds, and bake them in the oven for around 35 minutes.
It greatly aids in the breakdown of the proteins in the eggs, resulting in less gloppy separated egg whites at the end.
It’s an excellent method of developing taste.
- Cinnamon Rolls with a Chai Spiced Flavourby Nothing except crumbs remain
- Finnish Pullaby A Messy Kitchen
- Homemade Hot Dog Rollsby A Messy Kitchen Sneha’s Special Recipe
- Sourdough Rolls that may be made ahead of time A Day in the Life on the Farm
- A Day in the Life on the Farm Ambrosia’s Overnight No Knead Bread
- Pesto Babkaby Anybody Can Bake
- And Soft Potato Bunsby Ambrosia’s Overnight No Knead Bread White Rye Sandwich Bunsby
- White Rye Sandwich Bunsby
- Food Lust People Love Karen’s Kitchen Tales
- Karen’s Kitchen Tales
You may learn more about preparing bread ahead of time with a slow rise from two of my favorite resources: Artisan Bread Every Day by Peter Reinhart and Make Ahead Bread by Donna Currie. It has been a huge success for me to create something from these books.
White Rye Sandwich Buns
This recipe for white rye sandwich buns is light and fluffy, and the flavor of the rye is hardly detectable.
- 3 1/2 cups (8 ounces) warm water
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup (4 1/2 ounces) white rye flour
- 2 cups (9 ounces) bread flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 cups (8 ounces) warm water 1 big egg beaten together with a tablespoon of water and 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg wash
- Adding sesame or other seeds on top of the salad
- Put all of the ingredients (except the butter) in a stand mixer bowl and mix until well combined. Pour the mixture into a loaf pan. To wet the dough, use a dough whisk or a wide wooden spoon to stir it around. Using the dough hook, knead the dough for approximately 5 minutes, or until it is smooth. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it aside for approximately an hour, or until the dough has doubled in size. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper. Make a well in the center and divide the dough into 8 equal pieces. Using your hands, roll each piece into a ball and then flatten it to a 4 inch disk. Place the disks on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cover with a piece of oiled plastic wrap
- Bake for up to 24 hours in the refrigerator after placing the baking sheet in the refrigerator overnight. Remove the sheet pan from the refrigerator and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F when you’re ready to bake. When the oven has reached 350 degrees, mix together the ingredients for the egg wash. Egg wash should be used to coat the rolls, and the seeds should be sprinkled on top. The buns should be baked for 35 minutes, or until they have reached an internal temperature of 205 degrees Fahrenheit
- Allow the buns to cool on a wire rack.
212.25 calories 212.25 grams of fat (grams) 4.32 g saturated fat (grams) carbohydrates (in grams) 36.54 fiber (in grams) 2.13 net carbohydrate (in grams) Sugar (33.91 g) (grams) 1.84 g of protein (grams) sodium (milligrams)298.77 6.76 Sodium Thirty-eighth milligrams of cholesterol The nutritional information provided is an approximation based on the ingredient list and may not be totally correct in all cases.
Tales from the Kitchen of Karen Bread, buns, rye, and make-ahead bread are all popular options.
Every month, BreadBakers gathers a community of bread-loving bakers to create a loaf of bread that has a common component or theme.
To keep up with us on Pinterest, click straight here. This home page is also updated once a month with new links. Each month, we take turns hosting and selecting the theme/ingredient.
Preparation time: 40 minutes plus rising time Bake for 15 minutes each batch
2-and-a-half dozen It was in an old community cookbook that I discovered this recipe, which I had gotten as a wedding present in 1965! My favorite recipe, and one that I cook frequently for visitors, is this one. Siloam Springs, Arkansas resident Awynne Thurstenson contributed to this article. Photo courtesy of Taste of Home of Rye Rolls recipe. Every editorial product is chosen on its own merits, while we may be compensated or earn an affiliate commission if you purchase something after clicking on one of our affiliate links.
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark molasses
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 to 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups rye flour
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Caraway seeds and/or kosher salt
- Warm water and yeast in a large mixing basin until yeast is completely dissolved. Combine 3 eggs, milk powder, butter, brown sugar, molasses, salt, baking soda, and 2 cups all-purpose flour in a mixing bowl until well combined. Beat until the mixture is smooth. a little amount of rye flour and enough of the remaining all-purpose flour to make a soft dough (the dough will be sticky)
- Turn out onto a well-floured surface and knead for 6-8 minutes, or until the dough is smooth and elastic. Place in an oiled mixing bowl, turning once to coat the top with grease. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour. Make 30 balls out of the dough by dividing it in half and rolling each one between your hands. Place 2 inches apart on baking pans that have been buttered. In a separate bowl, whisk together the cold water and the remaining egg
- Brush the mixture over the dough. Season with caraway seeds and/or kosher salt, if desired. Cover and let aside for 45 minutes to allow the dough to double in size. Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake for 14-16 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Remove to wire racks and set aside.
1 roll has 123 calories, 3 grams of fat (1 gram of saturated fat), 33 milligrams of cholesterol, 211 milligrams of sodium, 21 grams of carbohydrates (4 grams of sugars, 2 grams of fiber), and 4 grams of protein.
Deli Rye Rolls
Pumpernickel and onion give these buns a particularly savory taste that will appeal to every palate. Serve them hot, with salted butter or a piece of cheese on top, if desired. They’re equally at home in a sandwich or a bread basket setting. This recipe makes 12 sandwich buns or 16 dinner rolls.
- To make the dough, combine the following ingredients: Using a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dried onions and water until well combined. Allow the mixture to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Use a scale to weigh your flour, or measure it by gently spooning it into a cup and sweeping any excess off the top. Mix in the rest of the dough ingredients until everything is well-combined. Mix on low speed for 6 minutes, or by hand on a greased surface with greased hands for 8 minutes, until the dough is smooth and elastic. The dough will be glossy and slightly sticky when finished
- Cover the dough and set it aside in a warm place for 45 to 90 minutes, or until it has nearly doubled in size. Toss the dough with a little oil on a lightly floured work surface and divide it into 16 pieces, each weighing approximately 50 grams for dinner rolls or 12 pieces, each weighing approximately 60 grams for sandwich rolls. Cut into rounds or ovals, depending on your preference
- To make the topping, whisk together the egg white, molasses, and water in a small mixing bowl until well combined. Brush the tops of the rolls with the egg wash and then dip them in the seeds. Place the rolls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Place a greased plastic wrap over the dough and allow it to rise for 30-60 minutes, or until it has almost doubled in size. Prepare an oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit while the rolls are rising. Once the rolls have risen, slash the tops and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 190 degrees Fahrenheit is reached when measured with a digital thermometer Remove the dish from the oven and serve it hot
- Refrigerate or freeze rolls for longer storage. Store rolls wrapped on the counter for up to 3 days or freeze for longer storage.
Tips from our Bakers
- For a richer color, combine 1 tablespoon cocoa powder with the flours in the dough before baking.
For more recipes like this subscribe to our newsletter
See our privacy statement for more information. Recipes
It is my pledge that theseSprouted Light Rye Sandwich Bunsare nothing like the hefty sprouted grain goods that you may have tried in the past, and that they are far less expensive to create at home. It seemed only right that on St. Patrick’s Day, I would prepare Rye Buns for Reubens, as I have always been a big lover of the grain rye bread is made from. In our household, utilizing sprouted grain flour in our favorite bread recipes has proven to be a huge success, especially because it is difficult to obtain soft, attractive sprouted grain buns in grocery shops.
See our Disclosure Policy for further details.
Finding the Right Mix of Sprouted Rye and Whole Wheat Flour
It is more common in the United States to find rye bread made from a rye-wheat blend rather than pure rye flour. The lesser gluten content of rye flour prohibits loaves from rising properly; thus, sowheat flour is added to generate a more visually pleasing loaf. Depending on whose baker you speak with, the rye to wheat ratio might range anywhere between 18 and 40% of the total. The soft and light texture of this sandwich bun is achieved by the use of sprouted rye flour (18%) and sprouted wheat flour (82%), which are both included in this recipe.
Read More AboutBaking with Sprouted FlourHere =3 Keys to the Best Sprouted Wheat Cinnamon Rolls
Although purchasing sprouted grain flours might be a financial burden, we consider it an investment in our overall health. Despite the fact that sprouted grain is a more nutritious option, it remains a little component of our overall diet.
Caraway Seeds for Classic Rye Flavor
For me, rye bread isn’t truly rye unless it contains caraway seeds, which is why this recipe incorporates crushed caraway seeds into the dough as well as a liberal sprinkle on top of the baked loaves. Depending on personal choice, the seeds can either be crushed with an amortarpestle or finely ground in a spice grinder before use. Grill or broil the buns in a griddle for a crisp edge that will stand up to your favorite sauce on Reubens, pastrami, tuna salad, burgers, or traditional patty melts.
In this cooking video, you will learn how simple it is to work with sprouted flour to create the tastiest sprouted rye buns by following the approach demonstrated.
Sprouted Light Rye Sandwich Buns
Buns made with sprouted whole wheat flour combined with sprouted rye flour, studded with caraway seeds, that are soft, tasty and light in texture. Preparation time: 1 hour and 15 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes Time to Awaken: 2 hours and 30 minutes Time allotted: 4 hours 15 minutes Course:Bread Cuisine:American Servings:16
- 2cupswater at 110°F
- 2 1/4teaspoonsactive dry yeast, or 1 (1/4-ounce) package
- 1cupsprouted rye flour
- 4 1/2cupssprouted whole wheat flour
- 2tablespoonsmelted butter
- 1largeegg yolk
- 1tablespoonlemon juice
- 2teaspoonssea salt
- 1largeegg white, reserved and lightly beaten
- 1table To manage dough, use extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil as a substitute.
- Mix the yeast and honey into the water and let aside for 5 minutes to soften the yeast. Then, using an electric mixer, blend in the butter, egg yolk, lemon juice, caraway seeds, rye flour, and 2 cups of wheat flour until the mixture is smooth (about 1-2 minutes). Wrap the dough in a towel and let it aside for 20 minutes to allow the flour to thoroughly hydrate before adding the remaining flour to the dough. In a separate bowl, combine the salt and remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition, until a soft, shaggy dough forms (up to 5 1/2 cups total). In the case of a stand mixer, a paddle attachment may be preferable over a dough hook for this recipe. Once the dough has held its shape (despite being sticky) and is stable on the mixing paddle, spread 1/4 cup of flour out on the counter and set aside. Using floured hands, knead the dough by folding it over and rotating it four or five times to produce a soft ball. The dough may be sticky, so instead of adding extra flour, which would make the dough heavy, use a pastry knife to assist it release off the counter. Changing the texture of your hands from flour to oil can also assist
- Allow the dough to rest on the counter, covered with a bowl, for 5 minutes before continuing. Again, using greased hands, fold the dough four or five times more, and cover with the bowl to rest for another five minutes. Repeat the process a third time so that the dough has three folding operations and three 5-minute rests in total. While you shouldn’t have to do so at this stage, if the dough is still not keeping its shape and is too moist to handle, add another 2-3 teaspoons of flour and repeat the folding procedure with an extra 5 minutes resting period. In any other case, after the three folding/resting cycles, place the dough in an oiled bowl, flipping it over so that the oiled surface is now facing upward
- Refrigerate for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until almost doubled in mass, after covering with plastic wrap and then a cloth in a warm location (above 70°). (If the room is chilly, placing the dough in the oven with the oven light turned on is a good idea.)
- Punch down the dough and divide it into 16 pieces on a lightly oiled surface, using oiled hands to do so (using a kitchen scale to measure even bun dough weight is ideal). To flatten the buns, shape each piece into a round, smooth ball and lay on a parchment-lined baking sheet. It is great if the sides of the buns meet when they are flattened (it helps to have oil on your hands while flattening the buns). If the room is drafty, use a lightweight silky towel, aluminum foil tent, or an inverted rimmed baking sheet to keep the heat in. Allow for a 30-40 minute rise, or until the dough has about doubled in size. In order to avoid “grabbing” the top of the dough due to its sticky nature, try covering it with terry cloth or microfiber cloth towels.
- Just before putting the buns in the oven, lightly brush the buns with the beaten egg white on all exposed sides and sprinkle with caraway seeds to finish them off. Alternatively, brush with melted butter after they have been baked and removed from the oven to get a soft, matte surface
- Or Bake the buns at 375°F for 18 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer reads 195°F in the center of the buns when inserted into the oven. Allow the buns to cool on the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing them from the pan and allowing them to rest entirely on the wire rack
- Crush the caraway seeds in order to release more of the flavor that is contained within the seed. To crack or smash the seeds, use a mortar and pestle or a large cast iron pan with a hefty bottom. The egg wash aids in the adhesion of the seeds and the creation of a beautiful crust on the buns. Once the baking sheet has been taken from the oven, brush it with melted butter for a silky, matte finish. The weather and the type of flour used might have an influence on the texture and sticky feel of the dough. To make the dough more malleable, avoid adding a lot of additional flour to it in the beginning. Instead, scrape and lift the dough with a pastry knife when kneading it, or transfer to an oiled surface and oil your hands to manipulate the dough
- When splitting the dough with a kitchen scale, just weigh the bulk of the dough and divide the weight by the number of buns you wish to make. Consider the following: 44.97 ounces divided by 16 (buns) is 2.81 ounces of dough each bun
- And Swap out the honey for some molasses and you’ve got yourself a dark rye.
Amount of calories: 203kcal|Carbohydrates: 38g|Protein: 7g|Fat: 3g|Saturated Fat: 1g|Cholesterol: 28mg|Sodium: 314mg|Potassium: 207mg|Fiber: 5g|Sugar: 2 g|Vitamin A: 80IU|Vitamin C: 0.4mg|Calcium: 21mg|Iron:
Make Sandwich Bread with the Same Spouted Wheat/Rye Bun Dough.
Use the same dough to make hot dog buns or sandwich bread by shaping it into shapes. Prepare the Sprouted Light Rye Bun recipe according to package directions for sandwich bread. As an alternative to shaping the dough into buns in Step 6, gently grease and line two 9-by-5-inch loaf pans with parchment paper. Separate the dough into equal halves and shape each loaf to fit into the pan, making sure the top is smooth and even. Allow the dough to rise in the pan until it has doubled in size, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
Continue with the recipe as instructed for the rest of the steps.
More Sprouted Wheat Bread Recipes You’ll Love:
- Linda’s Bakery’s bread, buns, and dinner rolls are the perfect way to finish your meal. We make fresh bread from scratch using only the finest ingredients. You CAN tell the difference when you taste it
White and Wheat
Traditional loaves as well as Pullman (square) loaves are available.
“Homade” and Italian
Our most popular white bread, soft on the inside with a chewy exterior, is also our most popular white bread. Also available as a loaf of Italian bread.
We make a big loaf of white bread covered with sesame seeds to serve as our version of French bread. Makes a delicious garlic bread to accompany your dinner.
Cinnamon and Cinnamon Raisin
This sweet dough has a wonderful cinnamon swirl running through it in the center. These breads are the ideal for making French Toast!
A thick frosting is provided on the top of our cinnamon and cinnamon Raisin breads. It’s a delicious way to start your morning!
Round Raisin Bread
Our buns are the greatest in the business! The texture is soft, yet it has enough firmness to hold together any burger or sandwich well. Available in white or wheat flour, and always sliced thinly to order.
This is a crust-delight, lover’s as it is baked fresh every day. We really enjoy it with butter and ham.
This is a crust-delight lover’s because it is baked fresh every day. Butter and ham are our favorite toppings for this dish.
Hot Dog Buns
Generally soft and always sliced (but not so soft that it comes apart at the hinge). Linda’s Buns are a hit with the kids!
White, Oatmeal, and Everything
Try one of our three kinds of fat-free bread to see what you think. This bread also contains no added sugar and is referred to as “clean label.” It is accessible in our freezer on a daily basis.
Fat Free Pizza Crusts
- Breads such as our White and Tomato Basil Fat Free breads are used to produce 14-inch pizza crusts. Simply top with your chosen ingredients and bake.
Parker House Rolls
Featuring a split in the middle, our most popular dinner rolls are soft and buttery in texture. Available in two colors: white and wheat.
Individual circular rolls that have been divided into three halves are shaped to resemble muffins. Available in two colors: white and wheat.
These rolls are prepared using our basic bread recipes, which are available in both white and wheat varieties. They’re delicious when served with gravy!
8 Grain Bread
This bread, which is packed with grains and nuts, is not just for the birds!
German Onion Rye
The taste of the onions is enhanced by the addition of molasses.
Round Light Rye
A little circular loaf with a subtle rye taste that is perfect for a snack. It’s the ideal size for little sandwiches, and it pairs wonderfully with our Olive Nut Spread!
Reuben sandwiches are made even more appealing by a gorgeous swirl of dark and light rye.
Caraway seeds and full grain pumpernickel are used in this black bread.
- With just the proper amount of sweetness and a sprinkle of oats on top, it creates a delicious morning toast.
Rye pretzel buns
Go directly to the recipe. These Rye Pretzel Buns are perfect for whatever sandwich you want to make. When it comes to whole grain baked items, I really enjoy using rye since I adore the flavor! Additionally, forming them into pretzel buns is even better since it results in a crust that is really crunchy and delicious! I made teriyaki chicken burgers with these rye pretzel buns, and they were very delicious!
Mixing the dough
Start with an active dry yeast to get this dough going. I start with a little warm water and a little of sweetener to get things going (sugar in the case). If you are allergic to sugar, you may easily substitute honey in its place without any difficulty. When it begins to foam, you will know that it is ready to use. It normally takes 3-7 minutes to complete. This will vary depending on the temperature of the water and the temperature in your home. My grains are crushed in my Nutrimill, which I wouldn’t be able to function well without.
If you don’t have access to a mill, they also sell flour.
This means that when the yeast is active, everything is placed into the mixer at the same time and thoroughly blended.
Preparing the rye pretzel buns for baking
This is a tiny batch that will yield 5 rolls. This is ideal for our family of four, as there are four of us. It works out well because one of the lads is constantly looking for an extra. Once it has been shaped into a ball, flatten it gently with your hands, as indicated in the photo.
Boiling the pretzel buns
Bring your water to a boil while it is rising. As soon as the water comes to a boil, add the baking soda. Then it’s ready to use for baking your buns. It is critical that you boil your pretzel buns, otherwise you will not obtain the taste and flavor that you desire. The boiling contributes to the wonderful chewy crust that results. The baking soda is responsible for the gorgeous browned crust on the crust. They cook fast in the hot water, approximately 30 seconds per side, and they are delicious.
Egg wash should be applied to the surface.
If you’re searching for a lame, I recommend this one.
They’re all set and ready to go. Because I didn’t have coarse sea salt on hand, I used Kosher salt. Although it tasted wonderful, the coarse salt makes the finished dish seem much more appealing. Here’s what the final product looked like. They are lovely, chewy, and quite delicious!
Rye pretzel buns
Delicious and chewy pretzel buns are a must-have for every sandwich or hamburger sandwich! Course BreadCuisineAmericanKeyword pretzel bun, rye bread, rye pretzel, rye pretzel buns, rye pretzel buns Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 30 min. 1 hour and 30 minutes for proofreading Time allotted: 2 hours and 15 minutes Servings6servings
- A quarter cup of warm water I prefer it to be a few degrees above 100 degrees, barely warm to the touch
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup rye flour
- 1 teaspoon yeast (active dry)
- 1 teaspoon salt I chose a dark rye, but you may use a lighter rye if you want
- 1 teaspoonsalt, 2 teaspoons olive oil, 2-3 quarts water, 12 cup baking soda, 1 egg, 1 teaspoon milk, 1-2 teaspoons coarse salt
- Warm water is used to activate the yeast. This is accomplished by mixing the yeast and sugar into the water for a brief period of time, then setting the mixture alone for 3-5 minutes. The yeast will begin to bubble up a little bit more. I used a stand mixer to make mine, but it is certainly possible to do it by hand if you want. The procedure has remained unchanged. Add the active yeast mixture, flours, salt, and olive oil to a large mixing bowl and stir well. Mix for approximately 5-7 minutes, or until the dough is smooth and elastic. It is the same procedure whether you are mixing by hand or with a mixer. Allow the dough to double in size by covering it. Because I keep my house very warm, mine rose extremely quickly—about 35 minutes. 6 pieces of dough should be made. Roll the dough into logs. Cover once more and allow for a second rise in temperature. Beginning at the conclusion of the rise, begin to bring your 2-3 quarts of water to boil. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees as well. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper and setting it aside. Set aside the mixture of egg and milk. This will be the egg wash that you’ll be using. Now, add your baking soda to the boiling water and bring it back to a boil. Place your raised rolls into the hot water, taking care not to burn yourself. Cook for approximately 3 minutes on one side, gently flipping the pan, and continuing to cook for another 3 minutes on the other side. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Egg wash should be applied to the surface. If you like, you may cut an X in the top of the rolls if you want. Toss with salt and place in the preheated oven. Bake for 12-16 minutes, depending on the temperature of your oven. The rolls should be a rich golden brown color when finished. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for as long as you desire. These rolls are fantastic with any type of food. I used them in our teriyaki chicken burgers, but they would be fantastic in a variety of other burgers or sandwiches as well. Now it’s time to relax and take it easy. You are deserving of it.