THIS Is How to Cut a Pie the Right Way
It might be difficult to cut perfectly shaped slices of pie. Crumbling crusts, buckling bottoms, and spilling contents are all possibilities, but there are a number of methods to getting a nice slice. When it comes to learning how to cut pie with elegance, having the appropriate equipment is just as important as mastering the proper technique. You’ll need a pie to practice on if you want to be successful! Make one of these sumptuous meals a part of your meal.
What Tools Do I Need to Cut a Pie?
Perfect pie slices may be achieved without the use of a sophisticated four-in-one pie-slicing equipment. You can make them at home with a few simple ingredients. It’s possible that you already have all of the equipment you need in your kitchen.
A Serrated Knife
Whether you’re dealing with a curd or a cobbler, your bread knife can chop through dense contents like nobody’s business. The sharp edges snag on thicker fillings, causing the first deep incision to occur as a result. With the serrated knife, score the top of the cake, then cut your slices deeply. Make certain that, when you’re working with your serrated knife, none of these cardinal knife sins are committed.
A Paring Knife
Using a short, sharp paring knife, cut into the crust after you’ve sliced it with your serrated knife to really get into it. Check to see that you’ve cut clean, distinct lines that are isolated from one another from one other. Making clean cuts with a sharp and strong knife is the best approach to ensure that the components are not accidentally cut off a portion of the following piece while removing the previous. Maintain the sharpness of your paring knife with the help of our Test Kitchen’s best knife sharpener.
An Offset Spatula
There’s a reason why offset spatulas made it onto our list of the top kitchen gadgets of all time. You may use them for almost every baking chore that you can think of. They are not only useful for cake decoration, but they are also excellent for removing pie pieces from their baking pans. The tiny, sleek spatula can easily go beneath just about any surface, and the flat edge is great for supporting pieces as they are being removed from their respective surfaces.
How Can I Get that Perfect Slice?
You’ve got your knives ready, but before you get started, think about how you’re going to do it. It will take time and practice to get the ideal cut, so don’t be too hard on yourself if your first slice doesn’t turn out quite as you had hoped. Continue to try!
Adjust to Your Pan
The same cannot be said for all pie dishes. If you’re creating a deep-dish pie, such as our favorite farm apple pan pie, you’ll need to plan on cutting a lot more slices—and a lot more mess on the sides of the center pieces—than you may expect. Spatulas with more surface area will be more effective than offset spatulas, although serrated and paring knives will still be necessary. Pie plates with a more traditional shape, such as those in this collection, will benefit from the use of spatulas with a thinner blade.
Keep the Pie Cool
When the pie has had time to cool, no matter what kind of filling, pan, or topping you choose, you’ll have a lot simpler job slicing it. A pie that has just been taken out of the oven should not be cut since the filling will melt over the sides and your favorite buttery crust will collapse.
If you have the ability to chill or freeze the pie, you will have the greatest chance of success while cutting it. Even allowing the pie to cool to room temperature will make a considerable difference in the way you cut the pie crust.
Clean Your Knife
Between cuts, wipe off both your serrated and paring knives with a clean dish towel to prevent bacteria buildup. Due to the fact that it stops the crust from finding its way into the filling, this will keep the pie appearing fresh.
How Many Slices in a Pie?
Slices should be between 6 and 8 inches thick if you’re using a traditional 9-inch pie pan for slicing. When you make your initial cut with the serrated knife, make sure to cut the pie in half across the middle. Cut all of the remaining parts at the same time to guarantee that all of your pieces are the same size, as well as to make slice removal much easier in the future. If the pie is very large or contains a dense filling, you may choose to cut it into eight pieces. Aside from that, most 9-inch pies are served with six pieces each slice.
Because you can obtain a large number of slices from a single baking dish, these pies are excellent for potlucks and gatherings.
Dar’s Coconut Cream Pie
When I make a toasted coconut cream pie, my family goes crazy and the pie disappears in an instant. Darlene Bartos of Shoreview, Minnesota, sent in this message.
Lemony Sweet Potato Pie
I resort to this light and delectable sweet potato pie, which is flavored with just a dash of lemon for a finger-licking finish to any holiday feast. People always seem to have space for this delicious dessert, which is amusing to observe. Peggy West of Georgetown, Delaware, sent in this message.
Old-Fashioned Peanut Butter Pie
When I was a kid, my mother cooked a chewy, gooey peanut butter pie that I adored. Now I’m carrying on the tradition for the benefit of the next generation of peanut butter devotees. • Brianna DeBlake, from Fremont, Michigan.
Irresistible Coconut Cream Pie
My husband and I cultivate 500 acres of wheat on the family farm that his ancestors established in 1889. I make my own flour and enjoy using it in recipes like this one. The crust, which is simple to make and pat in, has a deep grain taste. A decadent coconut cream filling and a fluffy meringue on top make this dessert appealing. The following is a letter from Roberta Foster of Kingfisher, Oklahoma:
Deep-Dish Apple Pie
This dish is a definite keeper! With its flaky crust and delicious filling, this pie will be a hit with everyone. A hotel in West Brookfield, Massachusetts called the Salem Cross Inn
Easy Confetti Pie
When you combine a bright, creamy no-bake confetti filling with a sugar cone crust, you get a pie that tastes like birthday cake. —Gina Nistico, editor of Taste of Home Food magazine
Banana Cream Pie
This pie, which was made using our farm-fresh dairy products, was a delectable creamy treat that Mom offered whenever she felt like it. Her recipe is a true gem, and I have yet to come across one that is even somewhat comparable. — Bernice Morris of Marshfield, Missouri, is a writer.
Sour Cream Peach Pecan Pie
This pie is made with fresh peaches, delicious southern pecans, and real vanilla extract, making it an unique summertime treat.
—Sherrell Dikes, of Holiday Island, in the state of Arkansas
County Fair Cherry Pie
This cherry pie is really simple to make! Due to my dual career as a teacher and a Navy wife, ease of preparation and speed of preparation are essential in our household. — Claudia Youmans lives in Virginia Beach, and she is a writer. With these crucial pie baking utensils, you can bake success right into your pies.
Peanut Butter Cream Pie
Having a fluffy, no-bake peanut butter pie on hand during the summer months is a welcome treat. This pie comes together in minutes. This pie, which is bursting with flavor, is devoured even after a heavy dinner! The writer, JesseAnne Foust, of Bluefield, West Virginia
Easy Fresh Strawberry Pie
Instead of making a cake for my mother’s birthday, I decided to make this strawberry pie recipe. Because it was the middle of May in Oklahoma, the berries were in peak condition. Everyone in the family agreed that it was a remarkable moment. —Josh Carter from Birmingham, Alabama (USA).
Cape Cod Blueberry Pie
It has been a tradition in the Northeast since the 18th century to make this pie. Little wild blueberries and heavy cream would have been used by the settlers to garnish their dessert. I feel the same way. Nancy O’Connell of Biddeford, Maine, contributed to this article.
Ginger-Streusel Pumpkin Pie
I enjoy baking and have spent a significant amount of time creating treats for my family and friends. The streusel topping adds a particular touch to this pie that your family will appreciate. —Sonia Parvu, Sherrill & Company, New York City
Citrus Cranberry Pie
Make this stunning pie with a lattice top to show off the abundance of cranberries in the fall. A dollop of orange cream adds a touch of sweetness to the slightly sour taste. —Taste of Home Cooking Demonstration Kitchen Are you new to pie baking? You can find all of the techniques and tricks you need to make a beautiful pie in our comprehensive pie baking guide.
Marshmallow-Almond Key Lime Pie
In the summer, Key limes are at their ripest, which is essential for this pie’s characteristic sweet-tart flavor. Because it has a silky marshmallow top layer, which distinguishes it as a dessert crowd favorite, mine is different from other Key lime pies. Mrs. Judy Castranova of New Bern, North Carolina
Frosty Peanut Butter Pie
Even though it contains only a handful of ingredients, this peanut butter pie is sure to garner plenty of well-deserved praise. It seems like every time I bring this creamy, make-ahead pie to a gathering, someone asks me for the recipe. Christina Gillentine from Tulsa, Oklahoma, sent in this message:
Strawberry/Rhubarb Crumb Pie
Everyone in Maine appears to have an arhubarb patch, which is strange. This pie took first place in our church’s fair, and I hope it will be a hit at your house as well! Paula Phillips of East Winthrop, Maine, sent in this message.
Pecan Pie Bars
Exactly like pecan pie, these pecan pie bars are creamy and delectable. They’re ideal for bringing to potlucks and other social functions, as well. I always have an empty pan when I get home. This Kentucky Derby dessert is a must-have for the race day festivities. Carolyn Custer of Clifton Park, New York, sent this response.
Apple Crumble Pie
That this apple crumb pie dish has a fantastic crumb topping may explain why the dessert always vanishes so quickly once it’s served.
Perhaps it’s the thick apple filling that’s to blame. In any case, it’s a long-standing family custom. Vera Brouwer of Maurice, Iowa, provided this testimonial. Make an apple pie with this soft pretzel pie crust and see how it turns out!
Juicy PeachStrawberry Crumb Pie
There has been peach pie, strawberry pie, and maybe even peach-strawberry pie in your life. Add some fresh basil from the garden, and you’re in for a genuine treat. Give it a go. Lindsey Sprunk from Noblesville, Indiana sent this in:
Chocolate Raspberry Pie
My sister-in-apple law’s pie was so delicious that I had to obtain the recipe for myself. The tart raspberry layer is separated from the chocolate topping by a creamy cream cheese filling that is to die for. Decorate the plate with fresh berries to make it look even more impressive. —Ruth Bartel of Morris in Manitoba.
Sugar Cream Pie
Indiana sugar cream pie is one of my favorite desserts, and I really enjoy the one that my grandmother makes for me. Here in the Midwest, we call it “Hoosier” sugar cream pie and serve it warm or chilled. Laura Kipper, of Westfield, Indiana, sent in this message.
Rhubarb Cheese Pie
In this tart rhubarb pie, a rich cream cheese layer is layered on top of the rhubarb. —Stacey Meyer, of Plymouth, Wisconsin, says
Spiced Plum Pie
In this soothing pie, the gentle flavors of orange and nutmeg bring out the fresh flavor of plums to their best advantage. While the pie is still warm, enjoy a slice with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream to complete the experience. New Yorker Lucille Mead resides in the town of Ilion.
Contest-Winning German Chocolate Pie
Thanksgiving dinner at our house often involves 25 guests and a variety of pies from which to choose. There’s nothing quite like the flavor of German chocolate cake in this one. After trying it, a buddy assured me that it would become his go-to birthday pie from now on. Debbie Clay from Farmington, New Mexico sent us this message:
Chocolate Cheesecake Pie
This delicious yet easy pie is a perennial favorite among guests. Fresh raspberries or cherry pie filling are some of my favorite toppings. Sandy Schwartz from Brooklyn, New York
Tart Cherry Lattice Pie
When my mother is invited to a gathering or potluck, everyone asks for her handmade double-crust fruit pies, which she makes herself. In the summer, she makes this dish with fresh tart cherries from the orchard. A slice of chocolate cake topped with vanilla ice cream is one of my favorite desserts. PAMELA EATON, a resident of Monclova, Ohio
Perfect Rhubarb Pie
Nothing can disguise the sour rhubarb flavor in this delicious pie, which has the perfect combination of sweetness and tartness. Serving this dessert as a way to mark the end of winter is a pleasant gesture. The writer, Ellen Benninger, of Greenville, Pennsylvania
Sugar and Spice Pear Pie
Pear pie is a favorite of my family since it is a little less tart than apple pie. The buttery pastry and soft strawberries are well complemented by the nutty crust. Hillsboro, Oregon resident, Kristina Pontier
Sweet Potato Coconut Pie with Marshmallow Meringue
The coconut and marshmallows in my grandmother’s sweet potato dish are a family favorite. Even better, I reasoned, would be to bake it into a pie. — Simone Bazos is a resident of Baltimore, Maryland.
Raspberry Pie Squares
Even while it may appear difficult, this crowd-pleasing pie recipe will make it doable. Sweet and tangy raspberry filling complements a flaky handmade pastry well, creating a delicious dessert. —Taste of Home Cooking Demonstration Kitchen
Lemon Chess Pie with Berry Sauce
This is one of those old-fashioned Southern treats that makes everyone in the family feel good about themselves.
The berry sauce, which is as simple as pie to make, adds color and a delightful acidity. The writer, April Heaton, of Branson, Missouri Next, try this recipe for lemon chess pie!
Chocolate Silk Pie
In addition to melting in your mouth, this creamy, fast chocolate pie will melt any and all resistance to dessert! What a simple and effective method to express your feelings on Valentine’s Day. • Mary E. Relyea lives in Canastota, New York.
Frozen Grasshopper Pie
Whenever I first started playing with cream pies, I thought this would be the perfect dish to prepare for a family of chocolate enthusiasts. I was correct in my guess. Traditionally, this pie is offered as an adult New Year’s Eve dessert, although some people have also served it as a Christmas dessert after the kids have gone to bed. Mrs. Lorraine Caland of Shuniah, Ontario, provided the following statement:
Candy Apple Pie
This is the only apple pie that my husband would eat, which is OK with me because he prepares it on a regular basis, just as I do. We serve it as the finishing touch to our holiday feasts from New Year’s Day to Christmas Day, and it tastes similar to a blend of apple and pecan pie. Cindy Kleweno of Burlington, Colorado, contributed to this article.
Red, White and Blue Berry Pie
This brightly colored pie is, in my opinion, the embodiment of summer. The pie is decorated with bright blueberries and raspberries that are sandwiched between layers of cream cheese. Without this delectable dessert, I can’t fathom hosting a Christmas party! In Anchorage, Alaska, Cindy Zarnstrrff writes:
Creamy Banana Pecan Pie
When you serve this tiered banana masterpiece, you’ll receive a flurry of praises. Due to the fact that the filling is made using instant pudding mix, it is quite simple to put together. In Anchorage, Alaska, Isabel Fowler writes:
People who are not fans of grits are sure to enjoy this pie since it is simple, southern, and delectably delicious. It has the appropriate custardy texture to go with the custard flavor. Victoria Hudson of Pickens, South Carolina wrote this.
Maple Sugar Pumpkin Pie
We create our own maple syrup, and it is this that gives this pie its distinct flavor and flavor. This is something you might want to prepare for your Thanksgiving feast. Essex Center, Vermont resident Martha Boudah shares her thoughts.
Fluffy Key Lime Pie
This no-bake pie will transport you to a tropical paradise. It’s low in fat, sugar, and hassle, and it tastes great. This is, without a doubt, the finest Key lime pie recipe ever! • Frances VanFossen from Warren, Michigan.
Mocha Java Pie with Kahlua Cream
I’m a huge coffee drinker, and I particularly enjoy the iced and frozen varieties. This pie was my attempt to incorporate such flavors into something sweet. Becky McClaflin of Blanchard, Oklahoma, provided this statement.
Florida Citrus Meringue Pie
Why restrict yourself to just one type of citrus fruit when you can make a magnificent dessert out of them all? Because of the addition of orange and lemon, this delicious pie has a strong sweet-tart flavor! Barra Carlucci, of Orange Park, Florida says:
Double-Crust Strawberry Pie
This pie was really delicious the first time I made it, and I wanted to share it with you.
The combination of fresh strawberries dusted with cinnamon results in a delectable pie that may be served warm or slightly cooled. Lake Zurich, Illinois resident Patricia Kutchins sent in this message:
Silky Chocolate Pie
Chocolate is responsible for the rotation of the earth! The chocolate pie tradition runs deep in our family, and this variation, made with a dab of brandy, is silky and oh, so unique. Kathy Hewitt, of Cranston, Rhode Island, sent this response.
Toffee Ice Cream Pie
My sister’s recipe was the inspiration for this dish, which I adapted to save time in the kitchen. There’s no mistake about it, you’ll want another helping.” Janell Greisen is a resident of San Dimas, California.
Because I work in a coffee shop, I’m constantly on the lookout for fresh and interesting pies to serve my customers. My attention was drawn to this dish because of the mix of blueberries and rhubarb in it, and it became an instant best-seller. Karen Dougherty of Freeport, Illinois, contributed to this article.
Easy Crunch Berry Pie
This is a new and straightforward technique to preparing a pie that is worthy of serving to guests. The whimsical Cap’n Crunch cereal crust is a delight to bite into, and it’s the ideal match to the no-bake mixed berry filling in this recipe. —Taste of Home Cooking Demonstration Kitchen
I recall returning home after a softball game dejected one day. We had lost the game. “Perhaps a taste of my handmade apple pie would make you feel better,” Grandma said, in her infinite wisdom. Grandma was correct after all it took was one mouthful. If you want to learn how to create homemade apple pie filling, this is the one and only recipe you will ever require. —Maggie Greene from Granite Falls, Washington
Honey Pecan Pie
Are you looking for a delightful way to cap off a great meal? With its conventional filling and honey-glazed pecans, this eye-catching pecan pie is sure to impress any audience. Cathy Hudak from Wadsworth, Ohio, contributed to this article.
Cranberry-Almond Apple Pie
Every year for Christmas, my grandma would make this treat for us. This apple pie is far superior to the typical apple pie. The recipe has become a family heirloom. New Hampshire resident Maxine Theriauit contributed to this article.
Your Pie Cheat Sheet
It may appear that the only equation you’ll need to figure out how much pie to serve for Thanksgiving is pie + more pie = enough pie. However, this is not the case. After all, making extra pie is the quickest and most convenient way to ensure that there will be enough for a slice the next morning. We agree with you that pie for breakfast the next day is always a fantastic idea. Nonetheless, in some situations, preparation takes precedence over spontaneity, so it’s a good idea to know how many pies you’ll need on hand.
- If the sheer number of pies necessary for your feast makes you feel overwhelmed, remember that there are choices available to help lighten the load.
- Pumpkin pie and other fruit pies (such as apple pie) store nicely and just need to be thawed before serving as the final course of dinner.
- We won’t be disappointed if you don’t end up needing it.
- But, let’s be honest, here’s the truth: Running out of mashed potatoes is one thing; however, if you find yourself in the unfortunate position of running out of pie, our only advice is to cut very small slices and beg for forgiveness.
ContributorHali Bey Ramdene is the founder of StudioHalibey, a creative consultancy that tells stories about food, healthy living, and overall well-being. FollowHali
What is the serving size for pie?
It weighs 125 grams, for those keeping track (4.4 ounces). Choose the percentage of your pie (1/4, 1/5, or 1/6) that has the closest weight to the RACC weight (it does not have to be an exact match, but it should be near). That fraction is the portion amount for your meal. Also, how do you cut a pie in half? FruitPies Step 1 — Place the pie in the freezer for 15 to 30 minutes to allow it to cool completely before cutting. The fruit pie should be kept refrigerated, but it should not be frozen.
Place the knife over the top of the pie and gently press down to cut through the edge of the crust with the knife.
Here are some useful websites to get you started!
There were related questions and answers found.
How many calories are in a 16 inch pizza?
There are around 524 calories in one of eight slices of a 16-inch pizza, according to the USDA (note: this makesgood sense since it has a little less than the area as a complete6- inch pizza).
How do you cut a pie into 6 pieces?
Draw two additional lines to split one half of the circle into thirds, as shown in the diagram. Following that, you’ll want to draw two lines that divide the half into thirds. It is possible to get close to this by splitting one half of the cake into three equal pieces. Try to get as near to three equal pieces as you can.
How many pizzas do I need for 25 adults?
Small pizza (eight to ten inches in diameter with six pieces). A medium pizza is 12 inches in diameter and has 8 slices. Large pizza: 14 inches in diameter with 10 slices. Extra-large pizza (about 16-18 inches in diameter with 12 pieces).
How many slices does a large Dominos Pizza have?
Wilton’s and Earlene’s charts appear to be the most often used charts, respectively. According to Wilton, a two-layer9 “cake feeds 32 people. According to Earlene’s Cakes, a9 “cake serves22.”
How many slices does a Dominos small pizza have?
Measure the pie dish from one inner edge, across the centre, and to the opposing side’s inside edge. (See illustration) You should now know the size of the pie plate. A standard 8- to 9-inch pie pan produces a crust that is uniformly baked and a filling that is thoroughly cooked. When using a bigger pie plate, it is possible to get a soggy bottom.
How big is a 9 inch pie pan?
A 16 – inchpie has a surface area of 201 square inches, which is roughly 31 percent greater in area than a 14 – inchpie.
How big is a large Pizza Hut pizza?
There are three responses. If you like, they can double slice it so that you get 16 small slices! 8 huge slices of pizza each person. When you order from their food court, you’ll get 12 slices, and they only have one size available, which is big.
How long should a pie cool?
To serve the pie warm, wrap it loosely in aluminum foil and place it in a preheated oven at 300 degrees F for 15-20 minutes before serving. Fruit pies should be allowed to cool for at least four hours before slicing, while custard pies should be allowed to chill for two hours before serving or storing in the fridge.
How many slices are on a large Pizza Hut pizza?
To carve the pie, use a broad, serrated knife with a sharp blade.
A serrated edge is useful for cutting through crust. Make use of a glasspieplate to assist you determine how well cooked the bottom of your pie has become. When using glass plates, you can see the underside of the pie and check the color to ensure that it is golden brown.
How many slices come in a medium Papa John’s Pizza?
a total of eight slices
How many inches is a personal pizza?
A personal pizza, by definition, should be a substantial portion of food for one person’s dinner. Even though there is no standard size for individual-sized pizzas, Tom Lehmann, director of the American Institute of Baking in Manhattan, Kansas, notes that they often range between 6 and 8 inches in diameter.
How many pies do I need for 50 people?
To make use of this food amount chart, do the following:
|Food Type||Approximate Amount for 50 Servings||Serving Size Per Person|
|Pies, 8-9 inch||7-8 pies||1 regular slice|
|Cookies||determine by pkg. size||2-3 cookies|
|Ice Cream, Sherbet||2 ½ gallons||1/2 cup|
|Purchased Desserts||determine by pkg. size||1/2 cup or 3-4|
It takes talent to cut a pie into eight equal pieces with only three slices.
- Make two halves out of it, then put them on top of each other. Using a sharp knife, cut the stacked pieces in half. You now have four quarters in your possession. Stack them on top of one another
- Now cut through the four-level high stack with the knife in a diagonal motion. You now have eight pieces in your possession.
How many slices do you get from an 8 inch cake?
8-inch cakes may be given to 14 people if each slice is approximately 2 14 inches across the back and is sliced into four pieces. The length of a tablespoon is approximately 2 14 inches, which is the length of a spoon. 8-inch cakes can also be cut in the manner of an occasion. The cutting of an 8-inch cake in event style may accommodate up to 24 guests.
How do you cut a tart?
Instructions on how to cut a cheesecake or dessert
- Dip a sharp knife into a heatproof container of boiling water and let it sit for a few seconds. If you prefer, you can run the knife under hot running water. Tea towels can be used to quickly dry the knife. It is necessary to keep the knife as hot as possible in order to effortlessly cut through moist or sticky tarts. Pour boiling water over a heated knife and slice tarts, slices of cheesecake, and cheesecakes.
How do you cut a tart?
There are 5-6 persons that can eat this 16-inch Domino’s pizza because it serves 5.
What size is a large pizza?
Many years ago, all big pizzas had a 16-inch circumference in their center. Many years ago, the majority of chains changed their enormous size from 12 inches to 14 inches. The majority of independent pizzerias refer to their largepies as being 16 inches in diameter, with a few going much larger.
What size are Costco pies?
It’s difficult to keep a piecrust flaky under a layer of pumpkin, and aCostcopumpkinpieis notoriously flaky in this regard. It is also quite large. Despite the fact that ACostcopumpkinpie is 12 inches in diameter and weighs more than three and a half pounds, the entire thing is only $5.99.
How many calories are in a 10 inch pizza?
Depending on how thick the crust is, a slice of 10 – inch pizza might contain anywhere from 120 to 230 calories.
How much is a 10 inch pizza from Dominos?
Prices at Domino’s
|SpinachFeta (Hand Tossed or Thin Crust)||Small (10″)||$11.99|
|SpinachFeta (Hand Tossed, Handmade Pan or ThinCrust)||Medium (12″)||$13.99|
|SpinachFeta (Hand Tossed, Thin Crust or BrooklynStyle)||Large (14″)||$15.99|
How do you cut a pie into 8 equal pieces?
It’s difficult to keep a piecrust flaky under a layer of pumpkin, and aCostcopumpkinpieis notoriously flaky in this regard. It is also quite large. Despite the fact that ACostcopumpkinpie is 12 inches in diameter and weighs more than three and a half pounds, the entire thing is only $5.99. It takes talent to cut a pie into eight equal pieces with only three slices.
- Make two halves out of it, then put them on top of each other. Using a sharp knife, cut the stacked pieces in half. You now have four quarters in your possession. Stack them on top of one another
- Now cut through the four-level high stack with the knife in a diagonal motion. You now have eight pieces in your possession.
Small Pie Crust (6 Inch Pie Pan)
When you’re in the need for pie for two, make this buttery, flaky Small Pie Crust for a 6 inch pie plate to satisfy your appetite. This is the only pie dough recipe you’ll ever need for small batch baking because it’s made with both butter and shortening. Included are step-by-step photographs. The months of October through December are the busiest for me in terms of food blogging. In the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving and Christmas, there is an abundance of great food to prepare and consume.
- The first thing I noticed was that I didn’t have a conventional pumpkin pie recipe on hand to share.
- And, given that this is a dessert for two blog, I realized I needed to whip up a mini pie recipe as soon as possible.
- For the second installment, check out my mini pumpkin pie recipe.
- Voilà, a buttery, flaky Small Pie Crust for a 6 inch pie pan, made with shortening.
- As previously said, this piece is quite lengthy and jam-packed with helpful information.
It is essential that you study every portion of this article if you are having difficulty making the perfect pie crust. The “Jump to Recipe” button at the top of this page will take you directly to the recipe if you’re an experienced cook or simply want to get started right away.
Pie Crust Ingredients
The first step in creating the greatest little pie crust is with the items you choose to use. In order to prepare a homemade pie crust from scratch, you will need the following 6 ingredients:
- All-Purpose Flour– Flour, which contains gluten, aids in the creation of a soft crust while also preventing the dough from becoming too sticky. To properly measure your flour, scoop it into your measuring cup and level it off with a knife before continuing with the recipe. It is not a good idea to dip your measuring cup into the flour to fill it since you can accidentally over-load it with flour. Sugar– Sugar gives dessert pies a subtle sweetness that is pleasing to the palate. The sugar can be skipped if you’re cooking a savory pie like myChicken Pot Pie For Two. When it comes to pie crust, salt is a great flavor enhancer that will only help your pie crust taste even better, especially if you are using unsalted butter
- Cold Butter– Pie dough isn’t pie dough if it doesn’t have any fat in it! Despite the fact that butter does not produce the most soft dough, it gives the greatest taste and melt-in-your-mouth quality to the dough.
- The addition of shortening helps to keep the shortening from becoming too cold. Shortening may be bland in flavor, yet it produces the most delicate and flaky crust of any ingredient. It is possible to cut Crisco shortening into tablespoons since it comes in sticks that are easy to cut, just like a stick of butter. When I make pie crust, I keep a stick of butter in the freezer to ensure that it is extra cold. Cold Water– Water causes steam to form in the dough, which aids in the formation of flakes. It also aids in the formation of a dough by binding everything together. Take care not to overfill the container with water! If your dough is overly moist, it will puff up excessively as a result of the extra steam.
Pie Crust Equipment
Listed below are the supplies you will need to get started on preparing your pie crust:
- Food Processor– Before you get too worked up, you don’t technically *need* a food processor, but it makes things so much simpler and quicker to put together. I use this 8-cup food processor (affiliate link to Amazon) mostly because my last one broke while I was recipe testing and this is what I discovered at the store later that evening for the lowest price. For those of you who like to make the dough by hand, a pastry blender will help you to incorporate the fat into the flour more easily. If you don’t have one, two knives will suffice in a pinch. When using a pastry blender, you’ll need a big mixing bowl to accommodate the size of the pastry blade. Rolling Pin– Using a rolling pin is the most effective method of rolling out your pie crust uniformly. If you don’t have one, a wine bottle or a can will suffice in a pinch. 6 Inch Pie Plate– My individual pie crust recipe yields enough dough to fill a 6 inch pie plate comfortably. Continue reading for more information on which pan is the most effective. Pie Weights– When you blind bake your crust, you’ll need to use pie weights to keep the dough from inflating up too much. However, you won’t need actual pie weights. However, you may substitute dry beans or rice for the lentils I’m using.
Where to buy a 6 inch pie plate
My 6-inch pie plate was purchased on the internet. Due to a lack of appealing alternatives, I settled on this 6-inch glass pie dish (Amazon affiliate link). Remember that cold glass cannot be placed directly on a heated oven rack or hot baking sheet because of the risk of breaking. If you do this, the glass will break. To move it from the fridge to the oven, lay your glass plate on a baking sheet that has been allowed to come to room temperature.
Can you use disposable pie pans?
Yes, you may use disposable pie pans that are 6 inches in diameter. The little pie crust I made was tested in thesealuminum foil mini pie pansonline (Amazon affiliate link). You’ll have extra dough and filling because they’re not as deep as a glass pie dish, which I discovered. So you may prepare a second little pie in a ramekin and bake it in the oven alongside the small pie.
Do you need a pie dish to make a pie?
In spite of the fact that using a pie dish is the most convenient method to serve your pie, you can also prepare your tiny pie crust in a 6 inch cake pan or 6 inch springform pan (Amazon affiliate links). The springform pan allows you to easily remove the pan side and slice your pie as you would normally. However, I found it a bit difficult to cut and serve your pie while using the cake pan as a pan. It is not possible to invert the pan of most pies, as you would with a cake, because most of them are fragile.
How many does a 6 inch pie serve?
A 6 inch pie may be divided into 4-6 slices, making it a perfect treat for two people to share. They’re significantly smaller than the normal pie slice since they’re not as long as a traditional pie slice.
How To Make A Small Pie Crust
Using a food processor to produce a little pie crust is the quickest and most convenient method since all you have to do is dump and pulse. To begin, combine the flour, sugar, and salt in a mixing dish. To combine the ingredients, pulse them together 1-2 times. Pour in the chilled butter and shortening into your mixing bowl and mix well. It is critical that your fat be really cold, else your dough will become mushy and sticky. I personally keep a stick of shortening in the freezer since I only use it for dough at this time of year.
- Pulse until the fat has been chopped into the flour and the mixture resembles small stones.
- It is important to deal with cold components once again in order to prevent your dough from becoming too heated.
- It may take another minute or two for the mixture to come together if it is still looking crumbly.
- Gather your dough and set it on a sheet of plastic wrap to keep it from drying out.
You may also use a lightly floured surface if you don’t have any plastic wrap on hand. Gather the dough together and shape it into a disk with your hands. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour after covering the top with another layer of plastic wrap (see note).
Can you substitute butter for shortening?
Is it possible to swap butter for shortening in the same proportions? Please keep in mind that your pie crust will not be as flaky if you do not use shortening.
How To Roll Out Pie Dough Without Sticking
After the dough has been let to rest for an hour, it is time to roll it out! While I’m rolling, I like to hold it between two pieces of plastic wrap. Neither the dough nor the plastic wrap adhere to my rolling pin, and the plastic wrap slides off effortlessly. It’s a win-win situation. Furthermore, if it does become stuck, it is simple to place it back in the refrigerator rather than having to scrape it off the surface. If you don’t want to do that, gently flour your work surface and rolling pin before you start rolling.
This will provide you with enough dough to cover the dish as well as a little more to flute the crust with.
Poke holes in your dough with a fork to enable steam to escape, then return it to the fridge for at least 30 minutes to cool.
How To Blind Bake Your Pie Crust
What exactly is blind baking, you might wonder. It is possible to bake a pie crust on its own without any filling within, which is known as blind baking. There are two compelling reasons to do so:
- The crust does not become soggy while the dough is still raw and the filling is added before baking together because the dough is absorbing the filling. Using the blind baking method, your dough is only half baked in the oven, yielding a flaky crust. This method completely bakes the crust in preparation for a no bake filling. Because certain pie contents, such as banana cream pie, are not cooked, this is the only time you need bake the pie dough.
Before blind baking the crust, layer it with lightly oiled aluminum foil, making sure to cover the pie sides as much as possible, and then fill it with pie weights to make sure it bakes evenly. This helps to keep the crust from blowing up and browning too much throughout the baking process. Bake for 15 minutes with the foil still on, then remove the foil. Add another 5 minutes to the baking time, or until the bottom no longer seems moist. You’ll want to double-check your pie recipe at this stage.
If, on the other hand, you’re completely baking your crust, bake it for another 15 minutes, or until it’s golden brown and baked through.
Can you make small pie crust ahead of time?
Yes, you may blind bake your pie dough up to 3 days before you plan to bake it. Wrap the mixture well in plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Can you freeze small pie crust ahead of time?
Yes, you may make your little pie crust ahead of time and freeze it for later use. There are three options for accomplishing this:
- Following the completion of the dough
- Before to blind baking
- Following blind baking
Use whichever technique you want, but be sure to wrap everything tightly in plastic wrap and store it in a freezer-safe plastic bag for up to 6 months. To prevent your crust from becoming destroyed, you may place the plastic bag in a container with a lid to keep it safe. Place the pie pan on a baking sheet at room temperature before transferring the pie crust to the oven if you are freezing the pie dough inside the pan.
It is not possible to place cold glass directly onto a hot oven rack or hot baking sheet since the fast shift in temperature would cause it to shatter.
Recipes For Your Small Pie Crust
Now that your 6 inch pie crust is ready to use, here are a few ideas for tiny pie recipes to try out: Remember that, although though the following recipes are prepared in ramekins, you may simply bake them in a single 6 inch pie plate if you like.
- Mini Lemon Meringue Pie, Mini Apple Pie, and Mini Cherry Pie are all available in mini sizes.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold shortening, cut into 3 pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional – can leave out for savory pies)
- 1 cup butter (melted)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (optional – can leave out for savory pies)
- 3-tablespoons cold unsalted butter, sliced into three pieces
- 2-tablespoons cold water
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Add the flour, sugar, and salt to the bowl of a large food processor and pulse until well combined. To merge, pulse once more. To prepare by hand, combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing basin
- Combine the chilled butter and cold shortening in a mixing bowl. Pulse until the stones are chopped into the flour and appear like little pebbles. Hand-cut the fat with a pastry blender or two knives if you’re creating it by hand. Then pour in the water and process until a dough is formed. If the mixture appears crumbly, pulse for another minute. If it’s still not coming together, you can add a teaspoon of water at a time. Be careful not to add too much water, or your crust will puff up excessively. If you’re preparing it by hand, use a spoon to mix in the water. Placing the dough on a piece of plastic wrap and shaping it into a disk that is equally round is the next step. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour after covering with another piece of plastic wrap. Once the dough has cooled, roll it into an 8-inch circle that is between 1/8 and 1/4 inch thick. You may either roll it out between two sheets of plastic wrap or on a lightly floured surface to make it thinner. If the dough is sticking together, place it in the refrigerator for another 15 minutes or until it is cold. Prepare a 6 inch ungreased glass pie plate, a 6 inch greased disposable pie plate, a 6 inch oiled springform pan, or a 6 inch greased cake pan by transferring the dough to the prepared pan. You may patch the dough back together in the pan if you’re having problems, and then trim away any excess dough and shape the crust whatever you like. Prick the bottom of the cake with a fork and place it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a baking sheet that is at room temperature
- Fill the pie crust with pie weights, such as dry lentils or beans, after lining it with oiled aluminum foil that touches the top (but does not contact the dough). Place your pie pan on a baking sheet that has been left out at room temperature. Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake for 15 minutes. It is not recommended to place a cold pan immediately onto a hot oven rack or baking sheet. It is possible that your pan will fracture due to the quick shift in temperature. Take off the aluminum foil and baking weights, and bake for another 5 minutes, or until the bottom is golden brown and no longer seems to be undercooked. At this stage, double-check your pie recipe to make sure it’s correct. In the event that you are blind baking your crust, your work is finished. If you need to finish baking the crust, bake it for another 10-15 minutes, or until it is golden brown and cooked through. While you finish your pie recipe, allow the crust to cool. In the event that you are not going to fill it right away, allow it to cool fully before covering it and refrigerating it for up to 3 days or freezing it for up to 6 months
How Many Cake Slices Will You Get From a Cake?
Knowing how many pieces to expect when preparing a cake for a birthday party or other special event is important when planning a cake for a crowd. The number of servings is determined by the size of the pieces you cut as well as the type and size of the cake you choose to make. The usual servings per cake might assist you in determining the form of cake to create in order to ensure that everyone of your guests receive a piece of cake. Example: If you’re having a party, a huge rectangle cake will provide the most servings, whereas round cakes are ideal for smaller gatherings such as a dinner party.
When it comes to homemade cake recipes, the most frequent shape is a huge rectangle. It’s prepared in a 9-by-13-inch cake pan, which is normal. You may anticipate to acquire between 12 and 20 pieces from a single cake of this size, which makes it ideal for gatherings and celebrations. Generally speaking, there are three typical methods to slice this cake:
- To make 12 slices, divide the short side into three equal halves and the long side into four equal sections on each sides. Those are some rather enormous portions of cake. To make 15 slices, divide the short side into three sections and the long side into five sections. Cake in the normal size is being served here
- To make 20 slices, divide the short side into four halves and the long side into five sections on each sides. When you only need a few extra pieces to feed all of your guests, this is the cut to use.
Square and Round Cakes
Square and round baking pans make smaller cakes and come in either 8-inch or 9-inch sizes. This is a good choice for family dinners and small parties. Square cakes are typically served in a single layer, with three or four cuts along each length to create square pieces. For circular cakes, you can create it a single layer or bake two layers and put icing in between. When making a double-layer cake, cut the pieces a little thinner so the serving isn’t too large.
- A square single-layer cake may be cut into nine to sixteen pieces
- A round single-layer cake can be cut into eight to ten slices
- And a round double-layer cake can be cut into twelve to sixteen slices.
Angel Food and Bundt Cake
These cakes are prepared on special circular cake pans with a hollow center, which are designed specifically for this purpose. The regular angel food cake pan has a diameter of 10 inches and is designed to accommodate an ordinary cake stand. Bundt cake pans are available in a variety of sizes, which are commonly measured in cups: The normal pan size is a 10-inch, 12-cup baking dish. Expect to receive 12 to 16 slices of cake for either style of cake.
Cheesecakes are thin and baked on pie plates that are either 9 or 10 inches in diameter. The usual serving size divides the cheesecake into 12 slices that are evenly spaced. You may make up to 16 pieces from a single cheesecake if you cut them a bit thinner than usual.
Wedding and Tiered Cakes
Tiered cakes and bigger sheet cakes are popular for wedding receptions since they are intended to serve a large number of people at one time. In most cases, they are also sliced into smaller pieces as well. The number of slices you may expect from these cakes is determined on the form, size, and number of layers of the cake.
5 Inch Pie Recipes with ingredients,nutritions,instructions and related recipes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees C). Place a baking sheet on a baking rack in the oven and combine the sliced apples in a large mixing dish. Sugar, cinnamon, and flour are combined in a small mixing basin. Pour the mixture over the apples after thoroughly mixing it. Half of the butter should be cut into tiny pieces and added to the apples. Toss the apples until they are well covered. Prepare the pie crust by rolling it out to fit an 8- or 9-inch pie pan. Set aside the top crust to cool while you prepare the rest of the pie. Using a pastry-lined pie pan, pour apples into it
- Dot apples with the remaining butter. Place the second pastry on top of the first. Seal the edges of the top crust and cut steam vents in it. Place the pie on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven until the apple filling is bubbling and the crust is golden brown, 50 minutes to 1 hour.
Nutritional Information: 376.4 calories, 49.3 grams of carbohydrates, 11.4 milligrams of cholesterol, 19.5 grams of fat, 4.5 grams of fiber, 3.3 grams of protein, 3.3 grams of saturated fat 6.5 g of fat, 265.6 mg of sodium, and 23.3 g of sugar
PASTRY FOR EXTRA-LARGE DOUBLE-CRUST PIE
- Combine the flour and salt in a mixing bowl
- Cut in the shortening until crumbly. Gradually include the water, stirring constantly with a fork, until the dough comes together. Separate the dough into two balls, with one ball being slightly bigger than the other. Larger ball should be rolled out to fit an 11-1/2-inch to 12-inch pie pan. Transfer the pastry to a pie plate and trim it to be flush with the edge of the plate. Fill the crust with the appropriate filling. Roll out the second ball of pastry and cut slits into it. Position the filler above the position. Make sure the pastry is 1 inch over the edge of the pie pan. Place the top crust on top of the bottom crust. Edges with a fluted appearance. Bake according to the directions on the recipe
Nutritional Information: Fat 20 grams (5 grams saturated), cholesterol 0 cholesterol, calories 301 calories Sodium 237 milligrams sodium, 26 grams of carbohydrate (1 gram of sugar, 1 gram of fiber), and 4 grams of protein Steps:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius). Make four 6-inch rounds out of the pie crusts and place them in four 5-inch mini pie plates to make a pie tower. Set aside the leftover pie crust dough, which has been cut into 1/8-inch strips. In a large mixing bowl, combine the chopped apple, tapioca, sugar, lemon juice, nutmeg, and cinnamon until well blended. Set the bowl aside for 5 minutes to enable the tapioca to soften and blend the flavors. Stir the mixture one more, then spoon it into the pie shells to fill them. Strips of dough should be used to weave a little lattice crust on top of each pie, with the strips being pinched into the bottom crust. Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or until the pies are browned and the mixture is thickened and bubbling. Allow to cool before serving
Nutritional Information: 614.3 calories, 83.1 grams of carbohydrate, 29.9 grams of fat, 5.2 grams of fiber, 5.9 grams of protein, 7.5 grams of saturated fat, 468.6 milligrams of sodium, and 35 grams of sugar
MOM’S CLASSIC HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE – CRAZY FOR CRUST
2018-10-14· It created two 7-inch pies, which was plenty for the size of the tins used in this recipe. As an adult, I’ve accumulated a large collection of 9-inch pie plates, so I normally make one (very full) 9-inch pie using this recipe every time. When I cooked this pie for this blog post, I used a disposable pie dish, which I found to be more convenient. This time of year, I enjoy stocking up on them for gift-giving and also because I’m cooking a ton of pie recipes. Fromcrazyforcrust.com Per serving, there are 206 calories.
- Please keep in mind that this pie might become rather filling. It’s shown here baked in a conventional 9-inch pie pan. Use a deep dish pie plate that is between 9.5″ and 10″ in diameter, or a 9″ deep dish pie plate. If you use a container that is less than 9 inches in diameter, there will be additional filling. Make little pumpkin pies out of any excess filling you have (see below). In order to bake the pie, place it on a cookie sheet.
SMALL BATCH PIE CRUST – 6″ SINGLE OR DOUBLEZONA COOKS
2018-10-01· Roll out the double pie crust on a floured surface, then place the bottom crust in a 6 inch pie pan. Repeat the process with the top crust. For a 6 inch pie pan, please see this link. Pour the contents into the unbaked bottom crust and bake for 15 minutes. Place the top crust on top of the filling and seal and crimp the edges of the crust with your fingers or a fork to secure it in place. Remove the top of the pie and make 4-5 vent holes on the top of it. Fromzonacooks.com 4.3 out of 5 (10) Time allotted 1 hour and 45 minutes DessertCalories per serving1075 per categoryDessert
- 2018-10-01· Using a floured surface, roll out the double pie crust, and then fit the bottom crust into a 6-inch pie plate. A 6-inch pie pan may be found here. Fill the unbaked bottom crust with the filling and bake for 30 minutes. Use your fingers or a fork to press the edges of the top crust to seal and crimp the edges of the crust over the filling. Remove the top of the pie and make 4-5 vent holes in the top. Fromzonacooks.com 4.3 stars out of 5 for this product (10) Duration of the event (in minutes and seconds) time: 1 hour and 45 min DessertCalories per serving1075 per categoryDesserts
BEST HOMEMADE SMALL BATCH APPLE PIE FOR TWOZONA COOKS
2018-10-01· Presented here is our recipe for the Best Handmade Apple Pie, which includes an easy, no-fail buttery, flaky homemade pie crust that is layered with two varieties of apples and the ideal combination of spices. This recipe makes one 6-inch apple pie that serves two people. The recipe’s serving size should be reduced to 2 for a 9-inch pie pan. Fromzonacooks.com 4.4 out of 5 (16) Total Time1 hourCategoryDessertCalories1279 per servingTotal Time1 hourCategoryDessert
- Toss the apples with 1/4 cup sugar, brown sugar, flour, lemon juice, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a large mixing basin until well coated. Remove the mixture from the heat and prepare to roll out the double pie crust
- To make the double pie crust, roll out each piece on a floured surface before placing the bottom crust in a 6-inch pie plate.
CLASSIC APPLE PIE RECIPE – RECIPE – FINECOOKING
The Classic Apple Pie Recipe was published on November 1st, 2006. By Carole Walter, Fine Cooking, Volume 81, Number 1. This restaurant is included in our Thanksgiving Guide for 2021. Scott Phillips is the author of this article. Makes one 9-inch double-crust pie (serves 4-6 people). Approximately eight to ten servings. A couple of minor nuances contribute to this being the finest apple pie you’ve ever prepared. Making the pie even more delicious by adding water. Fromfinecooking.com 4.7 out of 5 (38) 460 calories per serving in the category DessertCuisineAmerican
PIE CRUST RECIPE FOR 6-INCH PAN – THE SPRUCE EATS
2012-12-01· 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour cooled and cut into tiny cubes: 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt (optional). See the note about the 1/8 teaspoon sugar. Water (ice-cold) in the amount of 2 teaspoons In order to make a Double-Crust Pie. Fromthespruceeats.com 4.2 out of 5 (27) Time allotted 1 hour and 5 minutes Desserts, Ingredients, Ingredients Per serving, there are 2568 calories.
50 BEST PIE RECIPES | RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS.
How to Get the Recipe: Three-Flavor Diner Pie is a pie with three different flavors.
Peanut Butter-Strawberry Ice Cream Pie made using only four ingredients. Combine crunchy rice cereal and peanut butter in a bowl, and presto! Pie crust that is ready in a flash. Serve with strawberry ice cubes. Fromfoodnetwork.com
A HOMEMADE SMALL APPLE PIE RECIPE FOR TWO THAT YOU …
2018-11-25· Pie is supposed to smell and taste beautiful, but it is not supposed to look flawless. If you’re nervous, start with my tiny apple pie to ease yourself into it. You will just need a 6-7′′ pie plate and two apples for this recipe. I use a glass mini pie pan that belonged to my grandma, but any metal pan would do. The only way you can go wrong with this recipe is to. Fromdessertfortwo.com 4.4 out of 5 (68) 1 hour and 30 minutes is the total time. Recipes for Apples is a category of recipes.
- Using a pastry cutter or two knives, mix in the cold, cubed butter until it is well combined. Using your hands, press the dough between your palms until the butter is about the size of peas (about 10 minutes). The warmth of your hands will assist in bringing the dough together in a matter of minutes. Refrigerate the bowl for 10 minutes after the dough comes together when pressed in your hands
- After 10 minutes, take the bowl from the refrigerator and stir in the apple cider vinegar and 2 tablespoons of cold water until the dough comes together again. Stir the ingredients together with a fork until everything is well combined. As needed, replenish the water supply. Don’t use more than 5 tablespoons of water each serving.
MINI APPLE PIES – LIVE WELL BAKE OFTEN
2017-09-07· Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pie crusts to an eighth-inch thickness. Cut out 12 circles from the pie crusts with a 3.5-inch cookie cutter (or a cup) and set them aside. Reroll any leftover pie crust pieces. Fromlivewellbakeoften.com 4.9 out of 5 (25) 55 minutes is the total time allotted. CategoryDessert
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pie crusts to an eighth-inch thickness. Cut out 12 circles from the pie crusts with a 3.5-inch cookie cutter (or a cup) and set them aside. To cut out the circles, re-roll any scraps of pie dough that have fallen to the floor. Fill each cavity of a normal 12-count muffin tin with a circle of pie crust, one at a time. Gently push the dough down and along the edges of the muffin pan, making sure that the dough fits snugly into each cavity of the mold. While you are preparing the filling, place the muffin pan and any remaining pie crust dough in the refrigerator. Place all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir until everything is well incorporated. Add the chopped apples last and mix until everything is completely smooth and well-blended. After removing the muffin pan from the refrigerator, equally spread the apple pie filling amongst all of the cavities in the muffin pan (about 2-3 teaspoons each mini pie).
MINI PUMPKIN PIES – CULINARY HILL
Instructions for the 2020-11-08 Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Pie dough should be rolled out and trimmed to fit a 6-inch pie pan. Press the crust into the plate and flute the edge of the crust to make it more decorative. Roll out the leftover pie dough and use it to line the second pie. American CuisineDessertCategoryAmerican CuisineFromculinaryhill.com Ratings3 Time allotted 3 hours and 35 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Pie dough should be rolled out and trimmed to fit a 6-inch pie pan. Press the crust into the plate and flute the edge of the crust to make it more decorative. Reroll the remaining pie dough and use it to line the second pie dish, fluting the edge
- Repeat with the remaining pie dough. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg until it is well beaten. Combine pumpkin and sugar mixture in a large mixing bowl. Slowly pour in the evaporated milk. Divide the mixture evenly between the two unbaked pie shells, filling them almost to the brim. Continue to bake for 15 minutes, then lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees. Continuing to bake for another 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, depending on your oven. Allow to cool for 2 hours on a wire rack before refrigerating or serving with whipped cream, if preferred.
CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE – FOOD.COM
2011-01-24 Cut the pastry into 12 rounds with a diameter of approximately 6 inches (15 cm). Fill the bottoms of six 5-inch pie tins halfway with the chicken mixture and bake for 30 minutes. Finish by covering with the remaining dough and pinching the sides together, clipping away any extra with a knife if necessary. Cut 2 or 3 slits in the top of each and bake for 35 minutes at 425°F (220°C) in a preheated oven until golden brown. Fromfood.com 5 out of 5 (5) Time allotted Time allotted: 45 minutes CategorySaucesCalories per serving723 calories per serving
EASY MINIATURE PIES | HARRIED HOUSEWIFE BLOG
2012-11-06· Shortening should be used to grease two 6-inch pie plates, which should then be dusted with flour. In a blender, combine together the milk, coconut, sugar, 1/2 cup flour, butter, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Cover and blend for 1 minute, or until well combined. Divide the mixture among the pie plates that have been prepared. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow for thorough cooling on a wire rack. Refrigerate until you’re ready to use it (around 30 minutes).
Fromharriedhousewifeblog.com Reading Time Estimated at 3 minutes
PECAN PIE FOR TWO IN HONOR OF PI DAY | IN THE KITCHEN WITH.
2015-03-15· This recipe calls for a 6-inch pie pan, which is not included. 1. In a large mixing basin, whisk together the flour and salt. 2. Fill a 1 cup measuring cup halfway with olive oil. 3. Pour the milk and vinegar into the same cup as the oil and stir well.
Stir with a fork until the flour is just moist enough to form a ball after adding the oil mixture all at once. 4. Roll the dough into a ball and place it on a 12-inch sheet of waxed paper to set aside. (If you include a. Frominthekitchenwithkath.com Reading Time Estimated at 3 minutes
5 INCH PIE PANS | ETSY
Recipe for Watkins Pie Plate German Apple Kuchen from 1983. Pie Pan taltoys with a 10.5-inch diameter 5 stars out of 5 for this product (98) $ 14.00 is the cost of the item. Add this to your favorites Fire King Pie Pan – Glass Retro Kitchen Pie Pan – Halloween or Thanksgiving Pie – 8 Inch Pie Pan LacedbyLeather King Pie Pan – Glass Retro Kitchen Pie Pan – Halloween or Thanksgiving Pie Frometsy.com received a rating of 5 out of 5 stars.
HOW TO MAKE MINI PIES – LET’S DO IT TOGETHER…
A dough circle of 5 3/4 inches in diameter will be needed to make a four-inch mini pie (2 x 1′′ + 3.75′′ = 5.75) for each mini pie. This size is well accommodated by a tiny mixing bowl. For the bottom crust of a six-inch mini pie, a dough circle of 8- to 9-inches in diameter would be needed. The top crust is just the diameter of the pie pan, plus a few millimeters around the borders. Allow the dough to rest for a while. Grease the pie pans and line the bottoms with a piece of parchment paper.
MY BEST EASY VEGAN PUMPKIN PIE RECIPE » HUMMINGBIRD HIGH
Shopping List for My Best Easy Vegan Pumpkin Pie Recipe, which will be published on November 10, 2021. frozen vegan pie crust (for a 9-inch deep-dish pan), virgin (unrefined) or refined coconut oil, canned pumpkin puree, canned coconut milk, pumpkin pie spice, ground cinnamon, kosher salt, cornstarch, organic light or dark brown sugar, maple syrup, vegan whip cream And let’s speak about some of the important elements as well as possible substitutions: a. a. a. a. a. a. Fromhummingbirdhigh.com
10 INCH PIE RECIPES | ETSY
Take a look at our 10 inch pie recipes collection to find the most unusual or customized, handcrafted items from our stores and bakers. Frometsy.com
MINI PIES, MAKING A SUCCESS OF THESE CUTE SMALL PIES – PIE.
Mini Pies are a quick and easy meal. These little pies are perfect for eating on the move, whether it’s for a picnic, lunch bag, sidewalk snack, fishing, or any other occasion that calls for finger food. It is possible to place them in sandwich bags and eat them with your hands. There is no need for a plate or fork. These adorable bundles of pastry and fruit will delight children of all ages, but especially females. Fromeverythingpies.com
5-INCH RHUBARB PIE – RECIPES | COOKS.COM
Stir everything together in a big mixing dish. nutmeg that has been ground Toss in rhubarb pieces and cut strawberries before serving with puff pastry. Half of the mixture should be used to line a 9-inch pie pan. 1 hour at 350 degrees Fahrenheit Fromcooks.com
5 INCH PIE PAN RECIPES – ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY.
Recipe for Mini Apple Pies | Allrecipes.com hot Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees C). Make four 6-inch rounds out of the pie crusts and place them in four 5-inch mini pie plates to make a pie tower. Set aside the leftover pie crust dough, which has been cut into 1/8-inch strips. Combine the chopped apple, tapioca, sugar, lemon juice, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a large mixing basin. Fromtherecipes.info
SIX INCH PIE – RECIPES | COOKS.COM
Here’s a recipe for the traditional Thanksgiving pumpkin pie. This traditional recipe possesses. PIES: Use two 9-inch pie shells (2-cup capacity) in place of one 9-inch pie shell. Baked with vitamin C and 42.86 IU of vitamin D. 73 customer reviews Ingredients: 10 adverbial adverbial adverbial adverbial adverbial adverbial adverbial adverbial adverbial adverbial adverbial adverbial adverbial adverbial adverbial adverbial adverbial adverbial adverb (cinnamon.
cloves. eggs. milk. salt. sugar.) 2. CHICKEN POT PIE (also known as a pot pie). Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Pour the mixture into the pie shell’s bottom. It may be necessary to cover with aluminum foil or a pie shield if it begins to bubble. Fromcooks.com
5 INCH PIE PAN RECIPES
Recipes for a 5 inch Pie Pan CHICKEN POTPIES IN INDIVIDUAL SERVINGS. courtesy of Ree Drummond and the Food Network 1h20m is the time. This recipe makes 4 6-inch pies or 8 muffin-size pies. The total number of ingredients is 14. The following are the ingredients: 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter butter: 1 medium onion, finely sliced (approximately): 2 medium carrots, finely chopped (approximately): 1 celery stalk, finely sliced (approximately): a quarter cup all-purpose flour; three cups low-sodium chicken broth, plus more liquid as needed Fromtfrecipes.com
I HAVE AN EXCELLENT PIE CRUST RECIPE THAT DOES NOT MAKE.
2010-12-23· I have a fantastic pie crust recipe that does not quite provide enough dough for my 9.5-inch deep-dish pie plate, but it is still delicious. I’m debating if it would be preferable to make a double batch of dough in order to increase the crust-to-filling ratio for the large dish or to just make two 9-inch conventional depth pies. Fromfood52.com
5 INCH PECAN PIE RECIPE – ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY.
1/2 cup roughly chopped pecans or pecan halves (optional). whipped cream that has just been made (optional) Instructions. Prepare the pastry for two 6-inch pie crusts according to package directions. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare two 6-inch pie plates by lining them with pastry dough. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, corn syrup, butter, and vanilla extract. Combine with pecans and divide between two pie crusts. Fromtherecipes.info
5 INCH APPLE PIE RECIPES
1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans or half-shelled pecans whipped cream It has just been whipped (optional) Instructions. Follow package directions to make two 6-inch pie crusts. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Pie crust should be used to line two 6-inch pie pans. The ingredients for this recipe are combined in a medium-sized mixing bowl with an electric mixer. Mix in the pecans and divide the dough into two pie crusts (see note). Fromtherecipes.info