Two Buns Are Better Than One: Double Bun Hair Tutorial
As we all know, two buns are always preferable to one, which is why today’s DIY hair lesson is a double bun! Despite the fact that this hairstyle is a little more whimsical than others, it is also really utilitarian due to the fact that it is extremely secure. So you could wear it for a casual day with friends or something more active like doing errands, exercising, or playing double dutch with a group of pals. Put yourself in touch with your inner Miley Cyrus with this 5-minute double bun DIY.
To begin, divide your hair into two portions, as indicated, and pull them into high pigtails.
Twisting the hair as I wrap it into a bun is something I enjoy doing, but it’s absolutely optional.
Hair and photography are two of my favorite things.
Direction of the visual arts Brittni Mehlhoff is a model and actress.
Do you think you’ll give this adorable double bun a shot?
How to Do a Two Buns Hairstyle With Sophie Hannah Richardson
After all, why limit yourself to one bun when you could have two buns? Space buns are another term for the two bun hairstyle that was made popular by Star Wars heroine Princess Leia (therefore the other common name for the hairstyle: space buns). After then, it became fashionable in the 1990s thanks to celebrities such as the Spice Girls and Gwen Stefani (during herNo Doubtdays). Fast forward to the present day, and this haircut can be found pretty much anywhere—from festivals to your local streets to the red carpet and runway, and everywhere in between.
the festival hair queen!) to demonstrate how to get them.
First, we’ll have a look at what to do.
Divide your hair into two sections.
Begin by dividing your hair (down the center) into two equal portions with a comb or your fingers, then styling them as desired. Next, bind each portion into two low ponytails using hairbands to complete the look. To make your double low buns seem especially smooth and sleek, apply a serum such as theTONI GUY Shine Gloss Serum to help slick down any flyaways and give shine to your hair. Step No. 2
Tease and twist your pigtail.
It’s now time to get down to business! Take your first ponytail and gently twist it all the way down to the end of your hair. Repeat with your second ponytail. Step number three.
Create a bun.
To make a bun form, begin by wrapping your hair around the base of the ponytail and continuing to wrap until you have a bun shape.
Once you’ve achieved the desired shape, pin it in place with as many bobby pins as necessary to keep the style in place. Step number four.
Create your second bun.
To construct your second bun, tease and twist your second ponytail like you did with the first. Step number five.
Your two buns hairstyle is complete!
The result is a pair of sparkling double low buns that will steal the show at your next gathering! Suggestions for styling: Worried that your perfectly coiffed buns may come undone? Put some VO5 Ultimate Hold Hairspray on them and they’ll be ready for any party you can throw. In addition to helping to keep your buns in place all day, this fast-drying hairspray will also protect your hair from frizz and humidity. Isn’t that interesting?
Sign up to our newsletter and get exclusive hair care tips and tricks from the experts at All Things Hair.
Articles before and after this one
Hot Right Now
Documentation Download Documentation Download Documentation The ultimate updo if you’re searching for something a little more out of this world than a ponytail or a top knot, space buns are the way to go. Space buns are casual, fun, and fashionable, and they look excellent whether you’re attending a music festival or watching Star Wars with your buddies. Seeing as it appears that space buns will not be departing our planet anytime soon, we’ve put together this guide to walk you through the process of making space buns from scratch.
Don’t be concerned; making space buns isn’t rocket science at all.
- Using a comb, brush your hair and part it down the center. Comb your hair until it’s smooth and free of knots or tangles, then style it as desired. And make a center part for your hair, use the handle of a rat-tail comb to run it down the middle of your head from your forehead to your nape
- 2 Make two pigtails in a row. Choose whether you want them to be high on the top of your head or low on each side of your nape—experiment to find out what works best for you. Smooth down the hair that will be pulled into the pigtails so that they are smooth and neat when they are finished. Hair ties in the color of your hair should be used to secure the pigtails.
- Allow a few strands around your forehead to hang free for a smoother finish.
- 3 Tease your pigtails if you want to add additional volume to your look. Start by lifting up your first pigtail and combing it a few times, starting at the tips and working your way down to the end of the hair tie. This should be done with the second pigtail as well. If you have thin hair, this is a fantastic idea since it will make your hair look thicker and result in larger space buns at the end of the day.
- If you like, you may wrap three-combhair extensions around the base of your pigtails as an alternative option. This will assist you in getting a bit greater volume
- 4Make your initial pigtail into a rope by twisting it over itself. Take one of your pigtails and twist it away from your face, forming a rope around your neck. The tighter you twist the rope, the sleeker and smaller your bun will come out
- 5Circle the rope into a bun and secure it with a hair band to keep it from falling down. Wrap the rope around the base of the pigtail to secure it in place. To avoid damaging your face, wrap the scarf away from you rather than towards it. Tuck the end of your hair into the bun, and then wrap another hair tie around the base of the bun
- 5 To make the second bun, repeat the procedure. Twist the second pigtail into a rope, then wrap it into a bun to finish it off. Secure the bun with a hair tie after tucking the ends of the rope under it 7 Make any necessary adjustments to your buns. Here’s where you may let your imagination run wild. Using your fingers, gently tug on the outside edges of the buns to loosen the strands if you want them to be messier or more voluminous. To add even more volume to your buns, gently tug on the hair that is being pulled into them to loosen it up. Consider the hair on the top of your head and the sides of your head
- If you accidentally left strands out of your buns, straightening them with a flat iron may be an option. Allowing them to have a wispier appearance by bending the iron towards your face rather than straight down
- 8Spray the space buns with hairspray to hold them in place. If your buns are feeling a little loose, use bobby pins to hold them in place. You can use as many bobby pins as you need. To finish your look, spritz it with hairspray and let it to dry.
- 1Brush your hair and then make a center part with it. Make sure your hair is lovely and silky by combing it. The handle of a rat-tail comb may be used to create a center part in the midst of your hairstyle. Begin at the top of your head and work your way down to the nape of your neck. Using your left half of your hair, drape it over your left shoulder, and your right half over your right shoulder
- 2 Pull one-half of your hair up into a loose bun to keep it off of your face and out of your way. Take the right part of your hair and bind it up with a hair tie to keep it in place. You can wear your hair in a loose bun or even pigtails. This is irrelevant
- The aim is to keep this part of your hair out of your way while you work on the other half. 3 On the left side of your head, pull your hair into a half-up ponytail. Create a horizontal portion on the left side of your head, about at the level of your eyebrows. Make a center part in the rear of your head, beginning at the hairline and finishing at the center part in the front of your head. Organize the hair above the part into a high ponytail and tie it off with a hair knot.
- Make a center part in your hair by brushing it out. Make sure your hair is lovely and silky by comb it through it many times. Create a center part in your hair by holding the handle of a rat-tail comb in your hands. Begin at the top of your head and work your way down to the nape of the neck. Using your left half of your hair, drape it over your left shoulder, and your right half over your right shoulder. 2 Pull one-half of your hair up into a loose bun to keep it out of your face and away from your face. Take the right part of your hair and pull it back with a hair tie to keep it in place. Make a loose bun, or maybe a ponytail, to go with your ensemble. This is irrelevant
- The aim is to keep this part of your hair out of the way while you work on the other half. 3 Using the left side of your head, create a half-up ponytail. On the left side of your head, at around the level of your eyebrows, create a horizontal parting. Begin at your hairline and work your way back to the middle of your head to complete the part. Organize the hair above the part into a high ponytail and bind it securely with a hair tie.
- 4If wanted, tease your ponytail a little. Because you will be dealing with less hair than you would while constructing a standard space bun, it would be a good idea to tease your ponytail a bit before you start working. Backcomb your ponytail towards the hair knot with a brush after lifting strands of hair from your ponytail
- 5 Twist the ponytail into a bun and bind it with a hair tie to finish the look. To begin, twist the ponytail away from your face to form a rope with your hair. After that, coil the rope around the base of the ponytail to form a bun with the hair. Tuck the ends of the rope beneath the bun and secure it with a hair tie at the base
- If you twist the space bun tightly enough, it will become smaller and sleeker in appearance.
- If you twist the space bun tightly enough, it will become smaller and sleeker in appearance
- Even more volume may be achieved by loosening the hair that is being pulled into the buns. During this stage, you should concentrate on the sides and top of your head
- It is fine if the section in the back-center of your head disappears. You don’t require it any more
- Finish by misting the space buns with hairspray after you’ve made any last adjustments. If your buns are feeling a little loose, use bobby pins to bind them to your hair. Once you’re satisfied with the overall appearance, softly spritz your hair with hairspray to finish it off. Allow the hairspray to dry completely before heading out
- Using a comb, brush your hair and part it down the center. Make sure your hair is lovely and silky by brushing it out. With the handle of a rat-tail comb, part your hair along the center from your forehead to your nape
- 2 Pull your hair into two pigtails and knot them together using hair ties to finish the look. Here’s where you may let your imagination run wild. It’s possible to wear two high pigtails at the crown of your head, or two low pigtails at the base of your neck. In order to get a Princess Leia-inspired style, you can even put the pigtails on the sides of your head, just over your ears.
- If you’re looking for something a little more complicated, consider half-up pigtails.
- 3 Braid the pigtails and bind them with clear hair elastics to complete the look. The initial pigtail should be divided into three equal sections. Cross the left and right sections over the central strand to form the braid. Once you’ve used up all of your hair, bind the braid with a clear hair elastic wrapped around the end of it. Repeat this procedure with the other pigtail as well.
- Instead, a 2-strand rope braid can be used to create a more distinctive design. This method is very effective for natural hair.
- 4 If desired, pull on the outside loops of the braids to make them appear more volumized. You are not need to do this, but it is a fantastic technique to add volume to your hair, especially if it is really thin in the first place. Gently tug on the outer loops of the braid starting at the bottom and working your way up till the top
- Repeat the same with the other braid
- If you used a 2-strand rope braid, you may skip this step. It is important not to pull too hard or the braid will come undone.
- If you used a two-strand rope braid, you may skip this step. Don’t tug on the braid too hard, or it will break apart.
- If you want to make a regular bun, do not twist the braids into a rope like you would for that.
- If you want to make a regular bun, do not twist the braids into a rope.
- Straightening the remainder of your hair for a smoother look is recommended if you wore braided half-up buns.
Create a new question
- QuestionWhat should I do if I have really curly hair? Straightening procedures that do not require heat are available (check out How toStraighten Your Hair Without Heat). In fact, I believe that messier, curlier buns look better than perfectly straight ones. I’ve seen folks with really curly hair pull it off without having to straighten their hair beforehand. In the event that it is really difficult to obtain an even part or to get the hair to twist, try drying it rather than getting it wet. How can I accomplish this with hair that is prone to tangling? There are a plethora of solutions available to help you untangle your hair. Aside than that, I recommend moving extremely slowly and gently, combing your hair and untangling any tangles as you go
- Question Is it possible to braid the pigtail instead of twisting it? Certainly, braid the ponytails, then wrap them around like buns and put them in place with bobby pins
- Question What is the best way to get my hair straight without brushing it too hard? Mackenzie RomeroAnswer from the Community You may always use a straightener, but be sure to maintain the heat on a low setting. It is not required to be perfectly straight. Once on low, increase the intensity by one level
- Question everything. What is the best way to make bigger buns? Making the buns looser will make them look larger, and this is something you can do
- Question Is it still possible for me to do it if I have really long hair? EmmaLee HudginsAnswer from the Community Yes, it is possible. They may appear larger, though, depending on how tightly you twist or braid your hair
- Question What can I do to make them seem more even? Answer from the Writersgem Community Make sure your middle parting is equal and straight. Using a large number of bobby pins and beginning with pigtails is also a good idea. Is it possible to accomplish this with short hair? It is recommended to use low buns instead of high buns if the length of your hair is insufficient to reach high up onto your head
- Question How can I make them even and ensure that they don’t wriggle around? Use bobby pins to keep them from wriggling, and if you don’t have any bobby pins, use more hair ties to keep them in place. Take your hair and equally divide it down the center, using the middle hair line, to get an even distribution. Question Is it still possible to do space buns if my hair is barely up to my shoulders? A half-up, half-down style, as seen in part 2, should be doable with your current amount of hair.
More information on the replies Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. Submit
VideoRead Video Transcript
- More information about this question is available at Inquire about a problem a total of 200 characters are still available Fill up the blanks with your email address to be notified when your query is answered. Submit
Thank you for submitting a suggestion for consideration!
Things You’ll Need
- Hairbrush, rat-tail comb, four hair ties, Bobby pins, hairspray
- Hairbrush, rat-tail comb, four hair ties, Bobby pins, hairspray
- Hairbrush, rat-tail comb, 4 hair ties, 2 clear hair elastics, Bobby pins, hairspray, and a hair tie holder
About This Article
Summary of the ArticleXTo style your hair into space buns, part your hair down the center. Then, using hair ties, knot each part of your hair into a pigtail on the other side. Twist one of the pigtails with both hands to make it a little more secure. You will achieve smaller and firmer space buns if you twist your hair in a tighter manner. Continue wrapping the twisted hair around the base of the pigtail many times until you have around 4 inches (10 cm) of hair remaining. Put the end of your pigtail below the bun you’ve just created, and secure the bun by putting a bobby pin in the end of your hair where it tucks under the bun and through the bun.
Finally, spritz your space buns with hairspray to ensure that they stay in place throughout the day.
Did you find this overview to be helpful?
Did this article help you?
Messy buns, ballerina buns, braided buns – it’s safe to say that there’s a perfect bun hairstyle for any occasion out there. When it comes to errands, a sloppy bun is appropriate, a ballerina bun is appropriate for an interview, and a braided bun is appropriate for a special occasion. But what about the joyful, carefree bun hairdo that we can’t seem to get enough of these days?
The hairdo with space buns! You can safely argue that this hairstyle is out of this world—but it’s not out of reach for you. Follow our step-by-step instructions on how to make space buns in the video below.
HOW TO GET A SPACE BUNS HAIRSTYLE
Gather your materials and then begin working on your space bun style. What you’ll need is the following: a brush for your hair Elastics that are transparent Bobby pins are a kind of pin. Advanced Hairstyle from L’Oréal Paris LOCK IT DOWN Controlling the Weather Hairspray How to get the look:
STEP1: BRUSH YOUR HAIR
While this step may seem self-explanatory, it’s critical to begin by combing your mane to verify that it’s free of any tangles or knots before proceeding.
STEP2: PART YOUR HAIR
By making a center part in your hair, you may divide it into two equal portions. It is critical to ensure that your part is as straight as possible, with the equal amount of hair on either side, since this will make or break your overall space bun appearance!
STEP3: CREATE SOME PONYTAILS
One part of hair should be gathered and tied into a ponytail at the top of your head, toward the back. Make sure to smooth out any kinks that may occur during the process. Your ponytail’s location can be customized to suit your needs; however, bear in mind that the base of your ponytail will be located where your space bun is. Following the completion of one ponytail on one side of your portion, proceed to build a duplicate ponytail on the other side. You don’t want your space buns to seem asymmetrical, so make sure you duplicate your positioning!
STEP4: MAKE YOUR BUNS
To make your space buns, you’ll want to wrap the length of your hair around the base of your ponytail from the front to the back. Hold this freshly created bun in place as you pin it down with bobby pins to finish it off. Make sure to use bobby pins that are the same color as your hair for a seamless appearance! Repeat the process on the opposite side.
STEP5: SEAL THE DEAL
Hairspray should be used to finish the appearance since you don’t want all of your hard work to go to waste. That’s all there is to it, unless you want to go all out and accessorize your space buns for a truly beautiful look. More on it in a moment!
3 WAYS TO MAKE YOUR SPACE BUNS OTHER-WORLDLY
Want to improve the look of your space bun style even further? There are a variety of ways you can make your space buns seem extraterrestrial, and we’ve included three of our favorites below.
OPTION1: ADD COLOR
You want to improve the look of your space bun. It is possible to make your space buns seem extraterrestrial in a variety of ways, and we’ve included three of our favorite approaches below.
OPTION2: ADD GLITTER
Besides being a major hair color trend right now (hello, festival hair), glitter roots are also the perfect technique to help your space buns style seem like it came straight out of the Milky Way. Sprinkle some glitter throughout your roots and finish the look with some hairspray for a quick and easy look.
OPTION3: ADD FUN HAIR TIES
When everything is said and done, there is no easier way to personalize a space buns hairstyle than by using a few colorful hair ties to bring it all together. Remove the transparent elastics from your wardrobe and replace them with cuffs, coils, and bows. After you’ve finished building your space buns, you can dress them up with a colorful accessory such as a hair clip or a flower crown. You have the entire universe of accessorizing at your disposal.
Now that you’ve learned how to do space buns, as well as a few tips and tricks for taking your space buns hairdo to the next level, why not learn how to create the ideal makeup look to go with them? Here are three galaxy-inspired makeup ideas for an out-of-this-world appearance.
Double Buns: 3 Rad Ways to Wear the ’90s Hairstyle
Alessio Botticelli courtesy of GC Images When you double the bun, you get double the enjoyment. ofia Richie and Cara Delevingne have been rocking the messy bun and the top knot for quite some time, so it was only a matter Isa time until they were tired with their hairstyles. While the sort of bun you wear on a daily basis says a lot about you, it says even more about you when you’re prepared to branch out and try something completely different. As celebrity hairdresser Suzie Kim explained, “Most people are scared by a double-bun style because it might appear immature, but it’s a really exciting, of-the-moment haircut for summer.” In case you’re interested in giving it a shot, here are three straightforward variations you may attempt at home!
- Melissa Hebeler is a reporter for E!
- The first step is to divide your hair down the center and tie each piece into two low ponytails.
- Step 2: In Suzie’s opinion, “you may spritz a little dry shampoo on the area before you tease to give it a little texture if desired.” Melissa Hebeler is a reporter for E!
- Tie the hair around the base of the head and fasten with bobby pins.
- According to Suzie, “This is an editorial style, so you should only take this path if you’re a high-fashion sort of lady seeking for some fresh edge.” Melissa Hebeler is a reporter for E!
- In the first step, instead of splitting your hair down the center as you normally would, separate it horizontally, dividing it into two portions.
Melissa Hebeler is a reporter for E!
3.Place the bottom bun in the center of the lower part and wrap both buns loosely together, taking careful not to pull your hair all the way through the loops.
“This double wrap gives you volume without the need to tease your hair,” the stylist said to clients.
And that’s the end of it!
Melissa Hebeler is a reporter for E!
The first step is to part your hair vertically down the middle and tie it into pigtails at the top and center of your head.
Using your fingers, gently tease the bottom of each ponytail to give the bun a little extra volume.
“I believe it looks better if you leave the tails out because it gives it a dirtier, more playful air,” the expert said.
Melissa Hebeler is a reporter for E! News. Step 4: Examine them in the mirror to ensure that they are evenly spaced. “If you make a mistake, feel free to pin it away until it is exactly where you want it,” Suzie said. That’s what we call buns in this part of the world, hun.
25 Cutest Two Bun Hairstyles for Women
Artist Alessio Botticelli (GC Images) has created this image. Adding a second bun means more enjoyment. Because celebrities such as Cara Delevingne and Sofia Richie have become familiar with the messy bun and the top knot, they were bound to get tired with them sooner or later. While the sort of bun you wear on a daily basis says a lot about you, it says even more about you when you’re ready to branch out and try a rad, new style on the regular. As celebrity hairdresser Suzie Kim explained, “Most people are scared by a double-bun style because it might look immature, but it’s a really exciting, of-the-moment haircut for summer.” In case you’re interested in giving it a shot, here are three easy variations you may attempt at home!
- News photographer Melissa Hebeler The first step is to part your hair down the center and tie each section into two low ponytails.
- News photographer Melissa Hebeler Using an ateasing brush, tease each ponytail upwards while twisting it loosely.
- News photographer Melissa Hebeler To finish, wrap a bobby pin around the base of the hairstyle.
- According to Suzie, “This is an editorial style, so you should only take this path if you’re a high-fashion girl searching for a newfound edge.” E!
- Step 2: “Position the top bun where it feels most comfortable on your head—if you have a round face, place it higher up on your head; if you have a longer face, place it lower,” explained Suzie.
- News photographer Melissa Hebeler 3.Place the bottom bun in the center of the lower part and wrap both buns loosely together, being careful not to pull your hair all the way through the buns.
- A professional said that “this double wrap offers you volume without the need to tease your hair.” E!
This is the end of your work!
To ensure that your eyebrows are evenly spaced and that they aren’t too far apart, the stylist recommends checking yourself in the mirror.
“I believe it looks better if you leave the tails out because it gives it a messier, more playful air,” the pro said.
E! News photographer Melissa Hebeler In Step 4, check to see if they are evenly spaced in the mirror. “If you make a mistake, feel free to pin it away until it is exactly where you want it,” Suzie added. That’s what we call buns in this part of the world, huh?
Origin of Double Bun
Do you believe that Miley Cyrus’ twerking head was where the double bun initially appeared? Reconsider your position! The two cinnamon buns have a lengthy history, which may be traced back to Princess Leia, who wore double cinnamon buns in the Star Wars film series. Since then, the trend has developed from Brandy’s stunning twocornerbuns in Moesha to Gwen Stefani’s rockstar platinum blonde mini bun hairstyles to Gwen Stefani’s rockstar platinum blonde mini bun hairstyles. The two buns hairstyle has gained in popularity in recent years, as seen by celebrities such as Kylie Jenner and Rita Ora.
How to Do Two Buns
Do you believe that Miley Cyrus’ twerking head was the inspiration for the double bun? No, you’re wrong. A lengthy history of double cinnamon buns may be traced back to Princess Leia, who wore them for the first time in the Star Wars film series. Since then, the trend has developed from Brandy’s beautiful two-corner buns in Moesha to Gwen Stefani’s rockstar platinum blonde mini bun hairstyles to Gwen Stefani’s rockstar platinum blonde mini bun hairstyles in Gwen Stefani. With celebrities such as Kylie Jenner and Rita Ora using the two buns haircut, it has gained in popularity.
How to Style Two Buns with Hair Down
With the exception of the fact that you will need to cut off portion of your hair to leave down, creating a double bun hairdo with the hair down is practically the same as creating a conventional bun hairstyle. Sectioning your hair into two high ponytails on top can help to keep the top strands in place. You will next wrap the hair into smaller sized double buns and secure them with bobby pins to keep them in place. After that, you may style the remainder of your hair anyway you want: straight, highlighting natural curls, or curling/crimping to your heart’s content.
How to Style DoubleBraided Bun
If you want to place braids in your two buns hair, all you have to do is take a segment of hair and braid it before tying it into a ponytail, as seen below. If, on the other hand, you simply want the braid to be incorporated in the actual bun, draw your hair into a ponytail first and then plait your braids before wrapping them into buns. The braid style you pick will determine the sort of sectioning that will be done. For example, braids starting at the nape of the neck will be French braided all the way up to a high ponytail before being bunned together.
Always keep in mind that when creating any sort of two bun hairstyle, you should adhere to the same basic structure:
- Make a section in your hair
- Braid your hair to begin, or pull it into high or low ponytails wherever you choose
- Tie your hair around the elastic and secure it with bobby pins
- If you’re making a half-updo, feel free to style the loose strands anyway you want
Create and style two braided buns with the help of the video tutorial below.
Double Buns vs Space Buns
Space buns and double buns are essentially the same item, and the terms can be used interchangeably when referring to the same thing. While some may claim that space buns have a larger appearance and are put more on the sides of the head, two buns may be worn in a variety of fashions including a half updo, tight at the top of the head, and loosely pushed together, among others.
Amazing Two Buns Hairstyles
The following are the many bun hairstyles that Princess Leia wore in Star Wars. Take a look at these two buns to see how you may change your look.
1. StackedBallerina Buns
A haircut like this should be used as inspiration if you wish to achieve elegance in your appearance. Her two buns are placed on top of one other and neatly wrapped to form the traditional, stylish ‘ballet bun.’ The elegance and beauty of ballerina buns are undeniable, but we adore how she added a modern twist to her style by stacking them one on top of the other. The addition of the beaded hairpiece completes the look with a nice finishing touch. Pull your hair back into two little ponytails that are stacked on top of one another.
Check to see if the buns have been touched.
2. Rocker Buns
The idea of this punk rock ensemble is one of individuality and creativity. Colors like deep scarlet and violet-blue are thrilling and punk, while the themessy bunhalf updo keeps things appearing modern and entertaining. The rich colors she chooses for her appearance lend a personal touch, and the strands of hair left out of her bun and in front of her face give her hair some character and dimension. Even if you don’t have brightly colored hair, you can pull off this look. Separate your hair into two sections: top and bottom.
It’s important not to wrap the buns too tightly since you want some strands to slip out.
3. LowDutch Braided Buns
This outfit exudes every ounce of appeal you could possibly desire. Double low buns with a Dutch braid are a wonderful hairstyle that combines the softness of a Dutch braid with the pleasant design of two low buns. What was the ultimate result? A brilliant and beautiful finish that is appropriate for any and all occasions. Despite its delicate shape, this hairstyle is quite feminine, making it ideal for the woman who prefers to have a softer, more ladylike appearance. Organize your hair by splitting it down the center and starting with a Dutch braid on both sides.
At this stage, you can begin to twist the ends together to produce buns that are not too tightly wound.
4. Ninja Buns withSide Bangs
Quirky? Cute? Kittenish? What do you think about all of the above? This outfit exudes every ounce of coyness you could ever want in a person. It’s simply oh, so darn adorable!
Hairstyle two buns is a basic and incredibly lovely way to wear your hair, and the side-swept bangs provide a touch of sensuality and modernity to your appearance. The trick to this style is to wear your hair in tight buns! Just make sure you don’t let your side bangs get in the way of the game.
5. Double Bun withNape Undercut
Quirky? Cute? Kittenish? What do you think about all of the aforementioned possibilities? It has every ounce of coyness you could possibly want in a look. Everything about it is simply oh, so adorable! Hairstyle for two buns that is both basic and totally lovely, and the side-swept bangs lend a touch of sensuality and modernity to the look. For this style, it’s important to have tight buns. Keep your side bangs out of the way while you’re having fun.
6. Mousey Two Buns
Quirky? Cute? Kittenish? What do you think of all of the above? This style exudes every ounce of coyness you could possibly desire. It’s simply so darn adorable! Hairstyle for two buns that is both simple and totally lovely, and the side-swept bangs give a touch of sensuality and modern flair to the look. The secret to this style is to wear your hair in a tight bun. Just be sure to keep your side bangs out of the way while you’re having fun.
7.Half Up Half Down
With braids, you can never go wrong when it comes to hairstyling. Many two braided bun hairstyles need you to piece the braids back together, but she opts for a more elegant and clean appearance by eliminating the extra plaits and throwing them all into her buns instead. This look is nothing short of perfect. This sensationally delicate finish is created by the silky and straight hair that lies behind the tightly wrapped braids, which might be seen in even the most opulent of settings. Begin by splitting your hair into two sections: the top and bottom half.
Wrap the strands tightly around your fingers and tighten the knots.
8. Classic Double Bun DO
With this style, you may go back to the origins of double updos. It’s up to date to the extreme and has a flirtatious, playful finish that’s perfect for school or summer activities. Space buns were the first hairstyle to gain popularity, and they continue to do so now. It’s simple and quick to put together, as well as charming and flirtatious. This is the ideal mix! This style may be completed in a matter of minutes. All you have to do is part your hair down the center and draw it into two ponytails on opposing sides of your head, which you will then wrap into tight buns to finish.
9. Flowery Two Buns
A two-bun hairstyle does not have to be about being a fashion-forward queen all of the time! The beauty of buns is that they can be worn in a variety of ways. For example, if you want something more elegant and sweet, you can vary it up by adding a flower hairpiece to your bun. It takes a plain bun and transforms it into an attractive style in a matter of seconds. Style your Princess Leia-inspired buns in the same way you normally would.
Check to see that the buns are tight and that there are no excess strands hanging out of the top. A floral accessory, particularly one that can wrap around the core of the buns, should be used to finish this appearance, which should be very nice and tidy.
10.Braided Space Bun
Earlier, we discussed the casual attractiveness of very tousled french braids; however, this diva takes a completely different approach to her hair. She is influenced by bohemian tastes, and her plaits are tight and lead back to rustled buns that are delicately rustled. She adds a little flow to her tresses to complete off her boho bun look. Stunning! Everything with a bohemian motif is popular these days, so this is a surefire hit with the whole community. This is a simple style to achieve. You want to divide your half into two halves: the top half and the bottom half.
To add waves to the rest of your hair, use a heated tool or a hair product to create movement.
11. Posh Stacked Mini Buns
This hairstyle exudes high-fashion glamazon appeal, thanks to the tightly wrapped micro braids that are layered directly on top of one another in this style. This modelesque look, created by having strands neatly glazed back to two little buns, keeps strands out of the face and allows facial features to be more visible. Simple styling is required: simply pull back hair into two ponytails in the centre of the head, then wrap into tight buns to finish. Keep your hair out of your face and away from your ears, although a little looseness in the bun is OK.
12.Japanese Bun Hairstyle
Is your hair refusing to cooperate today? Do you just want to add a splash of color and flair to your ensemble? The addition of an accessory like this makes it simple to change your appearance. The headband adds a pop of intrigue and joy to her complete ensemble while also giving her a more distinct and individualistic appearance. All you have to do to get this style is tie your hair into two buns like you normally would. Finally, add your chosen headpiece, whether it is a bright broad headpiece like this or something more slender and one-toned.
The only thing we can say about this outfit is that it is stunning. With a side-by-side double bun pattern that replicates the modernbun Mohawk, this look is a charming blend of neatly wrapped cornrows with strong attitude. Everything about this style oozes with originality and a strong sense of self-expression. It’s completely one-of-a-kind, extremely dazzling, and a real head-turner. Cornrows should be ideally positioned to begin. Bring them up into two large buns with lots of height, one in front of the other, and secure them with a hair tie or a hair clip.
14. Unicorn Buns
Hair like a unicorn. How many times do we have to tell you how much we adore these buns?! The unicorn tints in her hair are truly stunning, and when placed into two loose buns, we get a haircut that is both fashionable and competitively effective. The topknots should be tied together with a little additional hair dangling out the sides.
15. Zig-Zag Parted Messy Two Bun
Hair that looks like unicorns. How many times do we have to mention how much we adore these buns?!
The unicorn colours in her hair are quite amazing, and when she ties her hair into two loose buns, we get a hairdo that is both fashionable and competitively successful. Your hair should be pulled back into two topknots, with a little excess hair left out to dangle.
A splash of softness to your low buns drastically changes the look of the hairstyle. It is possible to attend any formal event, such as a wedding or graduation, while sporting this delicate ‘do. The addition of a braided plait to offer these bun hairdos more suppleness and tenderness around the face enhances the sassy appeal of these bun hairdos. Beginning at the base of the hairline, part your hair down the center and braid it. Follow the braid all the way down the side of your head to the back of your head.
Bobby pins can be used to keep the hair in place.
17. BraidedBow Bun
Double bow buns are really popular right now, but sticking with the same old design might get boring after a while. Try incorporating some of your own personality into this design, like this nice lady did, to make it a little more distinctive. This outfit exudes a carefree, ‘just rolled out of bed’ attitude that is both casual and fashionable. You’ll want to divide your hair into two sections for this look: the upper section and the lower section. Make a split along the middle and braids on both sides of the split.
The strands of the French braid should be pulled lightly in order to get a more relaxed, scrunched-up finish.
18.French Braided Buns
Who said braids have to be on the top of the head all the time? With this amazing style, you may switch things up a bit and draw attention to the rear of your head. By incorporating upside down French braids from the bottom to the top of the head on the back of the head, she achieves an overall style that is highly pleasing to the visual senses. It appears as though she is braiding the rest of her hair as well, which adds complexity and nuances to her bun. Begin by separating your hair in half and braiding it from the bottom of your head upward.
Maintaining the ponytailed strands all the way to the ends, wrap them into a bun on both sides and tying them neatly together.
19. GlitteryMessy Topknots
When it comes to glitter, you can’t go wrong, as this outfit demonstrates. Sassy yet sweet, her style is a winning combination if you want to keep everyone’s attention for the duration of the evening. Using Dutch braids in a half updo is a fantastic way to stay on trend, and we love enjoy this style. The first step in styling this style is to divide your hair into two half. Double Dutch braids leading back to the buns should be plaited with the upper half. Add a layer of glitter along the centre, like this charming lady did, for a little more pizazz.
20. Double Bun withPompadour
We’re all familiar with the appeal and popularity of the pompadour, and it looks even better when it’s coupled with a trendy two-bunned half-updo hairdo like the one seen here. With the additional height provided on top for a pompadour, you may lengthen your face and make it look more slim in comparison to other styles. As far as the half updo is concerned, it is really fashionable and is given an attractive makeover by the neatly curled curls at the bottom of the hairstyle.
Tease, tease, and more tease! When it comes to this particular hairdo, teasing is the name of the game. Tease your hair in the front with a lot of force before rolling it into two side-by-side buns. The remainder of the hair should be curled into smaller, more noticeable coils.
21. FunkyLow Messy Buns
Low buns don’t necessarily have to be tight, beautiful, or precisely placed; they can be casual and relaxed. With her hair spiking up on top, this woman chooses to change things up a bit and give the overall look some bounce and fun personality to it. It’s a lot of fun, and it’s really cool! Make sure to leave some excess hair out on the ends of low buns so that they can’spike’ up and provide volume and complexity to the style.
22. Extra Braided Low Buns
French braids, Dutch braids, no braid; no one ever mentions the term “additional braids” anymore. To embrace the well-known saying “the more the merrier,” this woman incorporates a range of various braids into her two low bun hairdo, creating a lovely collection of plaits that offer a great deal of texture. All of the braids give this style a whole new level of depth, resulting in a finished look that is not only unusual, but also highly coveted. Whether you want one, two, three, four, or as many braids you want, you can do it!
Wrap it all up in thick, wonderful low buns that show off those outstanding plaits to their best advantage.
23. Half up Two Buns
The secret to this half-elegance updo’s is its simplicity, and we couldn’t be more in love with it. The stacked buns have the appearance of a bouquet of flowers, which elevates this style to a feminine powerhouse that is guaranteed to be admired. Pull the top of your hair back into two ponytails that are piled one on top of the other while putting your half updo together. Wrap the ends into braids and you’re finished!
24. Buns withFrench Bangs
The fact that your bangs can fit into your double updo does not always imply that they should. Allowing your bangs to droop over your eye will give you a more coquettish finish that will make any man’s heart skip a beat. A playful and exciting style is achieved with the use of her bangs, which infuse a new lease of youthful vitality into her overall appearance. Leave your long bangs out of your double buns hairstyle as you’re putting it together. Gently curl the ends of your lashes in so that they gradually flow over your eye for a delicate, elegant appearance.
25. DoubleChignon Buns
The fact that your bangs will fit into your double updo does not imply that they should. Allowing your bangs to droop over your eyes will give you a more coquettish finish that will make any man’s heart skip a beat. – A playful and exciting appeal is achieved with the use of her bangs, which infuse a youthful vigor into her whole appearance. Long bangs should be left untied while putting together the double buns. Gently curl the ends of your lashes inward so that they delicately flow over your eye for a soft, elegant look.
How to do Space Buns!
Buns from outer space! These buns have been popping up all over the place recently, and I thought it was about time I shared my take on them with you. Or put a spin on them.? haha! Of course, I enlisted the assistance of my little gal buddy Sav in the production of this movie, and I hope you enjoy it! My approach is somewhat different from most people’s, but I’ve discovered that it is the most consistent way for me to achieve consistent-looking buns. messy buns are amazing, however I have a hard time getting symmetrical messy buns, which is vital when the buns are on the top of the head and adjacent to one other!
- If you remember, I got platinum about a month ago and none of my Laced Hair Extensions matched my new hue, and Lacy had just sold out of all the Platinum shades during their Black Friday sale.
- They’re just stunning!
- Christina Kreitel, my hairdresser, toned them to match my blonde hair and then gave them a root, which I just like!
- And a heartfelt thank you from the bottom of my heart!
- With the internet, you can never be sure how anything will be accepted by the public.
- Our excitement for keeping up with the vlogs is greater than ever!
Then, on Monday, Savy’s very first YouTube video was released, which you may view here. You may see many more photographs of this haircut by visiting this link. Now, let’s get back to the space buns. Here are the step-by-step instructions, followed by a video demonstration.
- 1. Make a center part with your hair
- 2. 2. Use hairspray to smooth up any flyaways. 3. If you require single wefts, clip them in place. 4. Tie a portion of hair into a knot for the knot
- 5. Place two fingers in front of the area where you want the bun to be
- And Sixth, pull your hair forward and around your index and middle fingers. 7. Rotate your wrist in a 360-degree circle
- With your middle and index fingers, catch the tail and pull it almost completely through, as seen in picture 8. 9. Using two bobby pins, bind the bun so that the bobby pins cross each other in the middle. In order to ensure that the knot has adequate volume or that the detail is moving in the appropriate direction, I play with it for a second before I secure it. 10. If there is a little bump or bubble, a second bobby pin can be used to secure it in place. 11. Repeat the process on the opposite side.
To make things easier for you, we’ve put up a video to accompany the text instructions. Please enjoy! Aside from the fact that the ending is amusing, I have no clue where Savy gets his ideas. And then just in case, there’s a step-by-step graphic for you too! If you like, you may share this hairdo to one of your beauty boards! Thank you so much, beauties! Love you all so much and can’t wait to see more of you! xo
10 Cool (and Easy) Buns That Work for Short Hair
As a girl with bob-length hair, I understand the frustration of waking up late and wanting nothing more than to toss your hair up in a messy bun, only to find yourself unable to do so because you don’t have enough hair to do so. Please do not misunderstand me. I really enjoy having short hair. However, the messy-bun existence is one that I occasionally yearn for. There is some bad news, though, in that buns with short hair aren’t nearly as straightforward as they are for people who have 12 inches of hair to play around with.
In fact, it’s more than probable that this will happen.
For all of my short-haired sisters out there, this one is for you.
On the days when you don’t feel like pulling out your curling iron or straightening iron, simply refer to this list for inspiration.
Getty 1.Distribute a dry texture spray, such as Obrie’sDry Texturizing Spray($22), evenly throughout hair to provide more grip. 2.Pull your hair into a super-high ponytail and tie it with an elastic band. Don’t be concerned about making things seem nice! 3.Pull the ponytail all the way down and secure it with a clear elastic band at the bottom. Using a bobby pin, bind the braid around itself, starting at the base and working your way up the length. 5.After the braid has been coiled all the way up into a bun, fasten it with a couple more bobby pins to finish it off.
7.Mist with a flexible-hold hair spray.
Sporty Space Buns
Getty1.Space buns are all the rage this summer, and now it’s your opportunity to show off your own style. To finish, part your hair down the center and spray all over with Rusk’sTexture Dry Finishing Spray ($25). 2.Pull the hair from either side of your head into a high, tight ponytail on one side. Wrap each ponytail around itself and tie it with a couple of bobby pins to finish the look.
4.The more muddled, the better! Pull each bun outward to add volume, then pull out a few loose strands to frame your face with a few loose strands. • Use a flexible-hold hair spray, such as DevaCurl’s Flexible-Hold Hair Spritz ($25), to spray all over your hair.
Boho Double Knot
Image courtesy of Getty1. A dry shampoo, such as Living Proof’sPerfect Hair Day (PhD) Dry Shampoo ($25), or a greattexture spray is the key to this casual summer style. Spray evenly from the middle of the shaft to the ends. 2.Split your hair into four equal portions, two on either side of the front and two on either side of the back, and pin them up in a high ponytail. 3.Take a portion from the rear of the bun and coil it around the base to form a bun shape. Bobby pins can be used to keep the hair in place.
You should be left with two areas that have not been touched up front.
Roll the tail of the front piece over the rear bun and secure it with a safety pin.
Take a few face-framing items and you’re ready to go!
Getty1.Have you not heard the news? Compared to the topknot of yesteryear, the low bunis is incomparably cooler and colder to wear. To create the desired effect, softly back-comb the hair at the top of your head to give it lift. Make a loose, sloppy ponytail at the back of your neck and tie it off with an elastic band. Simply hold it in place for the time being; do not bind it with an elastic. (3) Twist the ponytail around itself using your other hand to form a bun shape, and fasten with pins.
Getty1.For short-haired girls, this is the ultimate bun to achieve. Begin with strands that have not been washed. It doesn’t matter how filthy the environment is. Using your hair, create two sections on either side of your crown. Keep the components as straight as possible because they will be apparent in the final product. 3.Make a high ponytail out of the hair between the two pieces and place it exactly on top of your head. Make sure not to drag the ponytail through the elastic on the final loop; otherwise, you’ll end up with a loose bun.
Instead of leaving the ends sticking out the bottom of the bun, just wrap them around the base of the bun and pin them in place!
Modern Milkmaid Bun
Getty1. Although this is more of an updo than a classic bun, it still serves the purpose of keeping your hair out of your face in a stylish manner. Begin by splitting your hair down the center and dividing it into two equal parts with your fingers. To give your hair near the crown of your head a little additional volume, back-comb it a few times. 3) Create a French braid on one side of your head, starting near to your face and working your way out to form a braided pigtail. 4. Clear elastic is used to keep it in place.
Using a bobby pin, pin the end of the first French braid behind your head to keep it in place.
7.Spray the braid with a medium-hold hair spray, such as L’Oréal Tecni, to keep it in place. Art Infinium 3 Medium Hold Working Spray ($17) is a medium hold working spray.
Classic Ballet Bun
This laidback variation on the traditional ballerina bun is polished and easy, as shown in the image above by Getty1. In order to begin, pull your hair back into a ponytail at the very top of your head. In the event that you have shorter pieces that fall out, pin them up at the back of your head with a bobby pin. Secondly, open the elastic and draw the hair up halfway through to form a loop to give the topknot a larger appearance. 3.Take the excess length that was left over from the loop and coil it around the base of the loop to conceal the elastic band.
Sleek Low Bun
Getty1.A slicked-back hairstyle that screams “cool chick” will have you looking as effortlessly elegant as Rihanna. This is one of the few occasions in which Rihanna wore her natural, blown-out hair without the use of extensions. Before you begin, smooth your hair back into a bun with a boar bristle brush, such as the DenmanBoar Bristle Ceramic Brush ($26). Secondly, let some of your flyaways and sideburns to dangle loosely. Don’t be concerned with everything being in exactly the right position.
3.Pull your hair back into a ponytail with the help of an elastic.
Take a second elastic band and wrap it around your topknot to secure it.
Embellished Top Knot
Getty1. Hair ornaments are timeless and will never go out of style. Furthermore, they quickly transform any bun from plain to badass. Take inspiration from Issa Rae’s Black Panthermoviepremiere performance. Begin by parting your hair into three sections in the center of your head with a rattail comb, such as Krest’sPintail Combs ($5). 2.After that, braid three little cornrows and tie them together at the crown of your head or wherever you want your bun to end up. 3.Put your hair and the ends of your three braids into a ponytail and secure it with an elastic band.
Using circular motions, wrap your braid around the rest of your hair to form a braided topknot.
Install gold cuffs throughout your braid to give it a little extra flair.
Backwards Braided Bun
Getty1. Hair accessories are something that will never go out of style! They also quickly transform any bun from ordinary to extraordinary. If you’re looking for inspiration, go no farther than the Black Pantherfilm’s premiere. First, divide your hair into three sections in the center of your head with a little rattail comb such as Krest’sPintail Combs ($5). 2.After that, braid three little cornrows and tie them together at the crown of your head or wherever you want your bun to rest. 3.Put your hair and the ends of your three braids back into a ponytail with an elastic band to secure them.
Using circular motions, wrap your braid over the top of your head to form a braided topknot.
To keep your braid in place, use a second elastic band to wrap around it. 6. Take a bobby pin and put it precisely at the front of your bun, using a hair item such as thesebeads($10). For an extra splash of color, include gold cuffs into your braid. 7.