20 Desserts With Store-Bought Angel Food Cake
Angel Food TrifleImage courtesy of LelaA store-bought angel food cake is a fantastic and flexible ingredient. You may eat it plain or dress it up with whipped cream and fresh fruit, or you can use it to add a little of light and fluffy texture to your next quick dessert recipe. There’s something for everyone in this collection of our finest angel food desserts, from stunningly lovely trifles you can whip up with just a few readily available ingredients to easy-to-prepare cakes that are perfect for your next occasion.
On a white dish, a half-round white cake with coconut is shown. Photograph courtesy of lastingfaces With its snowball-like appearance, this no-bake, coconut-covered cake is excellent for all of your winter events — but you’ll want to eat it all year long. Advertisement Advertisement
Easy Butterfinger Cake
This very simple trifle is made using your favorite crunchy candy bar and is ready in minutes. “Some other recipes on the internet ask for pudding mix, and you can find them here. Avoid them and instead create this one “kristenbray, one of the reviewers, states This very simple trifle is made using your favorite crunchy candy bar and is ready in minutes. “Some other recipes on the internet ask for pudding mix, and you can find them here. Avoid them and instead create this one “kristenbray, a reviewer, states
Super-Easy Strawberry Shortcake
For the rest of you, things don’t get much easier than this. The following is less of a recipe and more of an assembly guide, although you are under no need to inform your visitors of this. For the rest of you, things don’t get much easier than this. The following is less of a recipe and more of an assembly guide, although you are under no need to inform your visitors of this. Advertisement
The ingredients for this bread pudding-inspired dessert are as simple as they are delicious: angel food cake, milk, two packages of instant pudding mix, and Butterfinger candy bars. The ingredients for this bread pudding-inspired dessert are as simple as they are delicious: angel food cake, milk, two packages of instant pudding mix, and Butterfinger candy bars.
Angel Food Trifle
Trifle with Angel FoodCredit: Lela Fruity trifle mixed with light ingredients such as skim milk, fat-free and sugar-free vanilla pudding mix, and light whipped topping makes for a refreshing summer dessert.
Rainbow Sherbet Cake
This show-stopping cake is much simpler to create than it appears on the outside. Simply layer sliced angel food cake with three different flavors of sherbet, then top with a container of frozen whipped topping (that has been thawed). This show-stopping cake is much simpler to create than it appears on the outside. Simply layer sliced angel food cake with three different flavors of sherbet, then top with a container of frozen whipped topping (that has been thawed). Advertisement Advertisement
Strawberry Angel Food Dessert
Strawberry Angel Food Dessert (photo courtesy of pleasantonk.com) This tiered dessert can be assembled in 15 minutes with only six readily available ingredients, making it an excellent last-minute party meal.
Angel Food Refrigerator Cake
The great finishing touch for store-bought angel food cake is a mixture of whipped topping, lemon yogurt, and instant vanilla pudding, which can be found here. “This is so simple to make that it’s almost humiliating,” says Perri Pender, the recipe’s originator.
The great finishing touch for store-bought angel food cake is a mixture of whipped topping, lemon yogurt, and instant vanilla pudding, which can be found here. “It’s almost embarrassing how simple this dish is,” says Perri Pender, who developed it.
Strawberry Shortcake Punch Bowl Cake
Recipe courtesy of WestCoastMom for Strawberry Shortcake Punch Bowl Cake This low-maintenance trifle does not necessitate the use of a decorative dish. “I prepared this last night for a coworker’s birthday today,” writes reviewer Barbara L. “It was delicious and easy to make.” “Everyone is clamoring for the recipe!” Advertisement
Italian-Style Strawberry Shortcake
Strawberry Shortcake in the Italian Style Photograph courtesy of Karen Ferrara Mascarpone cheese gives this Italian-style dessert a luscious richness that is hard to resist. You may serve it in a conventional trifle bowl or in individual-sized pairfait glasses, according on your preference.
Easy No-Bake Strawberry Ice Cream Cake
Bibi’s Easy No-Bake Strawberry Ice Cream CakeAngel food cake covered with strawberry ice cream is simply delicious.Credit: Bibi’s Easy No-Bake Strawberry Ice Cream Cake Decorate the top of the cake with strawberries and mint leaves for a stunning, summer-appropriate look.
Strawberry Shortcake with Balsamic
Strawberries and Cream with Balsamic Vinegar Image courtesy of SunnyDaysNora A pleasant surprise at the end of summer, which everyone will appreciate. Simply grill your angel food cake pieces, then top them with strawberries marinated in balsamic vinegar and black pepper, and you’re done. Advertisement
Black Forest Angel Food Cake
Simple ingredientsmdash; such as store-bought angel food cake, canned cherry pie filling, instant pudding mix, and a container of frozen whipped toppingmdash; make this cake as simple to assemble as it is delicious to eat. Simple materials, such as store-bought angel food cake, canned cherry pie filling, instant pudding mix, and a package of frozen whipped topping, allow you to prepare this cake in less time and with less effort than you may think!
Cherries in the Snow Cake
Having trouble deciding between cake and pudding? Try this delectable mash-up of angel food cake, cream cheese, cherry pie filling, and whipped topping, which is created using a mix of ingredients. Having trouble deciding between cake and pudding? Try this delectable mash-up of angel food cake, cream cheese, cherry pie filling, and whipped topping, which is created using a mix of ingredients.
Outrageous Lemon Berry Trifle
Insanely Delicious Lemon Berry Trifle Photograph courtesy of nantothedob This light and refreshing dessert is ideal for any outdoor gathering during the warmer months. Reviewer Mother Ann notes that the lemon pudding imparts a “very delicate lemony taste,” which contributes to the dessert’s lightness. Advertisement
Easy Pistachio English Toffee Ice Box Cake
Easy Pistachio English Toffee Ice Box CakeCredit: BrookeKids will enjoy assisting you in the preparation of this wonderfully simple dessert that requires just five simple ingredients. The reviewerhollywood2169.com says it was “very simple and fast.” “This is a fantastic cake to make up before supper and devour over a few evenings!”
Heavenly Raspberry Dessert
According to Jody, the inventor of the dish, this “beautiful summertime cake” is made from an old family recipe.
If you don’t care for raspberries, you can substitute strawberries for them. According to the recipe’s originator, Jody, this “beautiful summertime cake” is made from an ancient family recipe. If you don’t care for raspberries, you can substitute strawberries for them.
Flower Garden Cake
At any picnic or potluck, this retro dessert will be a welcome addition. Cherries, canned pineapple chunks, and gelatin are all deliciously nostalgic ingredients that will appeal to a wide range of palates. At any picnic or potluck, this retro dessert will be a welcome addition. Cherries, canned pineapple chunks, and gelatin are all deliciously nostalgic ingredients that will appeal to a wide range of palates. Advertisement
Here’s a dessert that can be made ahead of time and is simple to put together before your next big gathering. This dish comes together quickly, but be sure to give it enough time to chill completely. Photograph courtesy of Leah24 Here’s a dessert that can be made ahead of time and is simple to put together before your next big gathering. This dish comes together quickly, but be sure to give it enough time to chill completely.
Canada Day Three Berry Trifle
Phoebe’s Three Berry Trifle for Canada DayCredit: Phoebe The recipe’s author, Phoebe, describes it as “a nice treat to create while you are doing other things and can walk away and come back to it when you have time.” You may customize the ingredients to fit your preferences, she says.
Three Berry Trifle for Canada Day (Photo courtesy of Phoebe) The recipe’s author, Phoebe, describes it as “a nice treat to create while you are doing other things and can walk away and come back to it when you have time.” You can customize the ingredients to fit your preferences, she adds.
30 Desserts You Can Make with Angel Food Cake
This wonderful dessert may be made in a short amount of time. Try experimenting with different types of quick pudding or ice cream toppings to customize this cake to your family’s taste preferences. — Milwaukee, Wisconsin is home to the Taste of Home Test Kitchen. 2/25
This simple delicacy, which is based on the popular Italian dish tiramisu, dresses up a baked angel food cake with a cherry cream filling and icing. To add a luxurious finishing touch, dust the top of the cake with cocoa powder. Kelly Byler, of Goshen, Indiana, contributed to this article. 3/25
Angel Strawberry Dessert
During the season when fresh strawberries are widely available, this angel dessert is a delightful treat. Each and every time I prepare this beautiful strawberry angel food cake, someone approaches me and begs for the recipe. Theresa Mathis of Tucker, Georgia, sent in this message. 4/25
Peach Melba Trifle
This lovely dessert is especially delicious on a hectic day since it can be prepared ahead of time. If you don’t have any fresh peaches on hand, substituting three cups of canned peaches will work just as well. —Christina Moore, Casar, North Carolina, United States of America 5/25
Blueberry Lemon Trifle
You’ll enjoy this delicious dessert even more on a hectic day since you can prepare it in advance. You may also use canned peaches in place of the fresh ones if you don’t have any on hand. Christina Moore, of Casar, North Carolina, sent the following response: 5/25
Caramel FluffToffee Trifle
That you only need five ingredients to put together this gorgeous dessert makes it all the more appealing!
Dan Anderson lives in the town of Pleasant Prairie in the state of Wisconsin. 7/25
Lime Angel Food Cake
A store-bought angel food cake was transformed into this wonderful treat for my husband’s family reunion with a delicious lime cream icing topped with toasted coconut, which I made from scratch. It was a huge success! Nancy Foust of Stoneboro, Pennsylvania, contributed to this article. 8/25
Strawberry Banana Trifle
No matter where I serve this dessert, it is devoured within minutes of being served. Everyone oohs and ahhs at how beautiful it is, which makes it a lot of joy to make. Kim Waterhouse, of Randolph, Maine, sent the following response: 9/25
Blueberry Angel Dessert
Utilize angel food cake, pie filling, and whipped topping to create a light and attractive dessert that will not require you to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. It’s the ideal way to cap off a summer dinner. —Carol Johnson of Tyler, TX 10/25
Apple-Spice Angel Food Cake
I dressed up an angel food cake mix with almonds, spices, and applesauce to create a simple and light dessert that was quick and easy to make. I top it with a dollop of whipped topping that has been combined with a half cup of sour cream before serving. The writer, Joan Buehnerkemper, lives in the town of Teutopolis, Illinois. 11/25
Lemon Angel Cake Bars
This recipe was given to me by a neighbor many years ago, and it has been in my taste rotation ever since. It may be prepared ahead of time and feeds a large number of people, making it ideal for parties and potlucks. California’s Marina Castle is located in Canyon Country. 12/25
Pineapple Orange Trifle
When my guests arrive at my holiday table, they are pleasantly pleased to discover this beautiful trifle. Every mouthful is flavored with coconut, pineapple, and mandarin oranges, giving it a tropical flavor. — Renee Schwebach of Dumont, Minnesota, is a writer. 13/25
Rainbow Sherbet Angel Food Cake
It’s a dessert that practically jumps off the plate! I like to make this simple cake even more visually appealing by coloring the whipped cream sometimes. You may use any sherbet flavor combination that you choose. —Bonnie Hawkins from Elkhorn, Wisconsin 14/25
The word “pop” comes to mind while describing this dish. I occasionally color the whipped cream to make this simple dessert even more visually appealing. You may use any sherbet flavor combination that you want to create. —Bonnie Hawkins of Elkhorn, Wisconsin — 14/25
Grilled Angel Food Cake with Fruit Salsa
Angel food cake is my go-to treat when I need something quick. Preparing the fruit salsa ahead of time will save time when it comes to grilling the cake. —Glorimar Jimenez from Indianapolis, Indiana. 16/25
Angel Berry Tunnel Cake
This delectable cake is a summertime favorite since it is light and refreshing. I use a store-bought angel food cake and premade whipped topping to save time on this dessert. —Ruth Marie Lyons, Boulder, Colorado —Ruth Marie Lyons 17/25
Mango Sorbet Dessert
An all-around fantastic dessert recipe that is simple to make and rich with fruity taste is provided here. Katie Rose from Pewaukee, Wisconsin, contributed to this article. 18/25
Strawberry Angel Trifle
When I take this visually appealing and delicious trifle out of the refrigerator, I always receive praises.
Not only can it feed a large number of people well, but I can prepare it ahead of time as well. — Fortress Fraser, British Columbia resident Lucille Belsham shares her story. 19/25
Lemon Custard Cake
This custard cake recipe was passed down to me by my grandmother and is perfect for when unexpected guests come to visit. It’s a refreshing, creamy treat that tastes like you put effort into it. Sue Gronholz, of Beaver Dam, Wisconsin, sent the following response: 20/25
Chocolate Angel Cupcakes with Coconut Cream Frosting
Make these delightful, frosted chocolate cupcakes that are ready in minutes to serve as a sweet treat to accompany any dinner. The mouth-watering taste contains far fewer calories and fat than typical sweets! — Mandy Rivers is a resident of Lexington, South Carolina. 21/25
Chocolate-Filled Cherry Angel Cake
Here’s a cake that will be the talk of the party when it’s served. It’s quite stunning and would be excellent for parties or vacations. If you enjoy the flavors of chocolate and cherries combined, you will enjoy this cake! Barbara Wheeler of Royal Oak, Michigan sent this message: 22/25
Chocolate Pineapple Trifle
Here’s a cake that will be the talk of the party when it is served. It’s really stunning and would be excellent for parties or vacations. When it comes to chocolate and cherries together, this cake is a winner. —Barbara Wheeler from Royal Oak, Michigan 22/25
Chocolate-Raspberry Angel Food Torte
Here’s a cake that will be the talk of the party. It’s lovely and would be excellent for parties or vacations. If you enjoy the flavors of chocolate and cherries combined, you’ll enjoy this dessert. —Barbara Wheeler, of Royal Oak, Michigan 22/25
Apricot-Raspberry Angel Torte
The fact that you used a premade angel food cake and canned pie filling to produce this stunning torte will be completely unknown to your guests. The addition of fresh raspberries gives the dish a home-cooked appearance. Shelby Township, Michigan resident Sally Sibthorpe 25/25
Peanut Butter Cup Trifle
This dish is made extremely easy by the use of only five components. Chocolate jimmies may also be used to give a little additional flair to your dessert. Mr. Chris Nelson, from Decatur, Arkansas The original publication date was October 12, 2018.
Sign up for recipes to your inbox
Recipes from genuine home chefs, tried and true in our test kitchens, and sent right to your email inbox! SubscribeSAVESave up to 80% on your subscription!
Heaven on Earth Cake
Angel food cake is a delicious treat that lives up to its name. Heaven on Earth Cakecombines angel food cake with sweet cherries and creamy vanilla pudding to create an out-of-this-world summer treat that will leave you begging for more. Have you tried my Angel Food Cakerecipe yet? If not, you should. It was impossible for me to resist going one step further with this angel food cake dessert after preparing the cake a couple of weeks earlier. You’ll understand why I refer to it as “Heaven on Earth” cake when you’ve had a bite of it!
What is Heaven on Earth Cake?
This angel food cake dessert is constructed with cubes of ready-made angel food cake that are stacked in a pan with a vanilla pudding cream, cherry pie filling, and cool whip, and then baked till golden brown. It has the appearance of a bread pudding, yet it does not require any baking! The soft sponge of the cake absorbs the vanilla and cherry tastes, as well as the rich sweet cream, which is poured on top.
This was really delicious, especially when served cold on a hot summer night! Preparing this dish for a family graduation celebration, your next barbecue, or simply “because” It’s quite simple, and if you get angel food cake from a supermarket, you won’t even have to turn on your oven.
How to make Heaven on Earth Cake
This delectable delicacy is made using angel food cake and a can of cherry pie filling as the base. You may either create your own angel food cake from scratch or purchase one from a bakery in your local grocery shop to save time. Cut the cake into cubes, then put the cubes in the bottom of a cake pan to create a layer of cake pieces. Place some cherry pie filling on top of the angel food cake cubes, then continue the process with the remaining angel food cake cubes and pie filling. It’s time to prepare the pudding layer!
- Instead of using quick pudding mix, I used sour cream in addition of the milk, which I had on hand.
- Pour the creamy pudding on top of the entire cake and spread evenly.
- Use all of your self-control to refrain from digging into the cake right immediately, and then place it in the refrigerator to cool for at least 4 hours before cutting into it.
- I can’t seem to get enough of the combination of cherry and almond flavors, so I shaved some slivered almonds on top of the cake before ladling it into serving plates to make it more festive.
- It’s really simple.
- Several Cherry Desserts are available, including Cherry Almond Hand Pies and Cherry Almond Braid.
How to serve the cake
Beginning with angel food cake and a can of cherry pie filling, this delectable dessert is created. If you don’t want to create your own angel food cake, you can get one from a bakery in your local supermarket. Cut the cake into cubes, then put the cubes in the bottom of a cake pan to create a layer of cake. Repeat the process with the remaining angel food cake pieces and pie filling until the cake is completely covered. The pudding layer is now ready to be assembled! For this phase, I wanted something that was a touch thicker than your typical vanilla pudding but didn’t need a lot of effort to prepare.
- The tanginess of the sour cream is the ideal complement to the sweetness of the cake.
- Final step was to decorate with cool whip and an additional dab of cherry pie filling.
- Oh, and I can’t forget to include the last touch: almonds!
- Every bite of this angel food cake delicacy is a delicious combination of light cake, creamy vanilla, sweet cherries, and crispy almonds.
It’s really simple to do. It’s really, really nice. Sweet cherry desserts include hand pies made with almond paste and cherry almond braids made with almond paste.
Do you not have a good sensation about the cherry almond stuff today? You can simply transform this simple summery dessert into a lemon lover’s dream with a few simple ingredients. I’m sure you’re all aware that I can’t get enough lemon sweets at this time of year, so I had to try a citrus variation of this dish as well. Simply replace the almond extract in the filling with a teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice to create an alemon angel food cake dessert! Lemon pie filling or homemade lemon curd are both excellent pairings for this recipe.
Can this be made in advance?
Yes! My favorite way to eat this cake is after it has had a chance to cool in the refrigerator. Preparation can be done the night before and let to set in the refrigerator overnight to save time.
MoreEasy Dessert Recipes
- Yes! Once the cake has been allowed to cool in the refrigerator, it is my favorite version. Preparation can be done the night before and let to set in the refrigerator overnight if desired.
Angel food cake is a delicious treat that lives up to its name. Heaven on Earth Cakecombines angel food cake with sweet cherries and creamy vanilla pudding to create an out-of-this-world summer treat that will leave you begging for more.
- 1 angel food cake that has been made
- 1 packet of angel food cake (3.4 oz) 1 box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 12 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream (or plain greek yogurt)
- 12 tsp almond extract
- 1 can (20 oz) cherry pie filling
- 1 container instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 container instant vanilla pudding mix (8 oz) Cool Whip
- 1 tablespoon almond pieces, toasted (optional)
- 1 cup strawberries
- Angel food cake should be cut into cubes. In a separate dish, whisk together the pudding mix, milk, sour cream, and almond extract until smooth. Set aside. Remove from consideration
- Half of the cake cubes should be placed in the bottom of a 13×9 baking dish. 34 of the cherry pie filling should be spread over the cake. Repeat the cake layering process. Pour the pudding over the top of the cake, being sure to distribute it evenly
- Cool Whip should be poured over the pudding layer. Place the remaining pie filling on top of the crust. Refrigerate the cake for 4 hours or overnight before serving. When you’re ready to serve, sprinkle the almonds on top.
- If you prefer a lemon taste, use 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice for the almond extract. By adding a different pie filling, you may change up the flavor. Instead of Cool Whip, make your own handmade whipped cream.
1Serving Size (in grams): Calories:120 6 g of total fat 3 g of saturated fat 0 g of Trans Fat 2 g of unsaturated fat Cholesterol:14mg Sodium:183mg Carbohydrates:15g Fiber:0g Sugar:10g Protein:2g *Nutrition facts are an estimate and are not guaranteed to be correct in all cases. If you want specific diet recommendations, please consult with a qualified dietician. This is one homemade treat that everyone can prepare because it is created with readily available components. For dessert tonight, dress up your angel food cake to taste like a slice of “paradise on earth!” **Disclosure of Affiliate Relationships: There may be affiliate links in this content.
It is possible that I will gain a small commission if you click on them or purchase the recommended things.
Thank you very much for your support of Shugary Sweets!
Heavenly Blueberries and Cream Angel Food Cake Dessert
Home»Recipes»Desserts» Dessert: Angel Food Cake with Blueberries and Cream (Delicious). This exquisite blueberry angel food cake dish is both light and delectably tasty. Simple to prepare, it is the ideal way to cap off any dinner! This delectable little delicacy is exactly what it sounds like. Heavenly. In addition, it’s fluffy. In addition, it’s creamy. It’s a sloppy mash of bliss on a platter, with a sweet and tart balance. And, because it is so light and sweet, this blueberry angel food cake dessert is the ideal way to round out any meal or celebration (fantastic for a potluck or for when you have company over for dinner).
This dessert is easy, quickly, and easily convertible to any different flavors. Take a look at the incredible suggestions I’ve provided below! This dish is surprisingly easy to create, and it all starts with.you guessed it.angel food cake as the base.
Store-bought vs homemade angel food cake
You may use the following ingredients to make this blueberry angel food cake dessert:
- Angel food cake mix, angel food cake prepared at a supermarket, angel food cake made from scratch
Whatever method you pick, use it with confidence and don’t look back again. The angel food cake from a box (literally my mother’s favorite cake ever) was a staple of my childhood, and I have absolutely no qualms about declaring that it is actually better than handmade angel food cake. Please do not abandon a cooked cake mix angel food cake that I have prepared for a significant occasion. It’s not going to end nicely. However, I can also provide a high endorsement to this very quick homemade angel food cake recipe that I found online.
- It does not ask for cake flour, and it offers an insanely delicious chocolate version as an alternative to it.
- A creamy combination of half-and-half (or evaporated milk), sugar, and cream cheese is slathered over the enticing cake pieces.
- There is no need to be concerned about the crumby parts creating small glumps here and there.
- Moreover, as long as you are mixing it slowly and as unaggressively as possible, the cake will hold up well.
Trifle dish or not?
Whatever you choose, do so with confidence and without looking back! In fact, angel food cake from a box (literally my mother’s favorite dessert ever) was a staple of my childhood, and I have no qualms about declaring that I prefer it to traditional, handmade angel food cake. Please do not abandon a cooked cake mix angel food cake that is intended for a special occasion on my own. Nothing good will come of this. Nonetheless, I can endorse this incredibly simple homemade angel food cake recipe wholeheartedly as well as anyone.
Besides the fact that recipe does not require for cake flour, it also contains a tremendously delicious chocolate variety, Cut the angel food cake into 1-inch pieces and throw them in a large mixing dish with the remaining ingredients.
Adding the cake cubes to the creamy covering may seem strange and perhaps a bit frightening at first.
Everything will be OK.
Variations on the blueberry theme
There are an infinite number of taste combinations. Simply reading through the comment thread can provide you with some inspiration! A large number of readers have:
- Instead of blueberries, I used raspberries, blackberries, peaches, cherries, or strawberries (or frozen mixed berries) in place of the homemade fruit filling
- I used canned pie filling for the handmade fruit filling
- Used blueberries and strawberries to create a red, white, and blue variant for patriotic occasions
- Increased the amount of fruit filling by half to get a greater fruit-to-cake ratio
A variant I prepared this summer used thislemon yogurt bread in lieu of the angel food cake, and raspberries in place of the blueberries (everything else remained the same, including the creamy filling, whipped cream, and the rest of the fruit filling components). Oh.my.goodness. It was really fantastic. If you haven’t had the pleasure of tasting this delectable blueberries and cream angel food cake delicacy, I believe it is past time.
It’s delectable, and it’s one of my all-time favorite sweets! Cookies with Chocolate and Coconut Cream Pie Bars from a year ago The Cake from Two Years Ago: Chocolate Peanut Butter Wafer Cream Cake The Stuffing from Three Years Ago: Wild Rice and Creamy Goat Cheese
Heavenly Blueberries and Cream Angel Dessert
- Yield:12servings Preparation time: 2 hours and 30 minutes Cooking Time: 10 minutes Time allotted: 2 hours 40 minutes
Blueberry Filling (see note):
- Fresh or frozen blueberries, 2 teaspoons (27 grams) granulated sugar, 2 teaspoons (18 grams) cornstarch, and 14 cup cold water are all you need to make this delicious dessert. 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice is recommended.
Cake and Cream:
- 1 angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes (see note)
- 1 pound angel food cake (see note)
- Light or normal cream cheese, melted to room temperature (16 ounces/4544 g)
- Two and a half cups half-and-half or evaporated milk
- Two and one-third cups (141g) granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons (22 grams) powdered sugar
- 1 12 cups heavy cream
- For the blueberry filling, mix the blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, water, and lemon juice in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Continue to boil, stirring often, until the mixture has thickened, perhaps 5 minutes more or so. Remove the pan from the heat and allow it to cool to room temperature before serving. For the cake and cream layer, combine the cream cheese, half-and-half or evaporated milk, and sugar in a blender or with an electric mixer (handheld or stand mixer) until smooth and creamy, about 2-3 minutes
- Set aside. If you used a blender, transfer the mixture to a mixing basin. Fold in the angel food cake cubes until well combined. Keep in mind (as stated in the note below) that depending on the size of the cake, you may not be able to utilize all of the cake cubes. Continue to add cake cubes until they are completely covered in a thick layer of cream
- The whipped cream should be made by beating together the heavy cream and powdered sugar until soft peaks are formed. Assemble the trifle by spreading half of the angel food cake mixture in a trifle dish, a large glass bowl, or a 9×13-inch (or slightly smaller) baking dish. Half of the blueberries should be dolloped on the top of the cake, and then half of the sweetened whipped cream should be placed on top. Layers should be repeated. It is not necessary to have perfectly aligned layers. A bit chaotic and disorganized is to be expected. Don’t be concerned
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours after covering with plastic wrap.
Angel Food Cake: The amount of angel food cake you need to use for this recipe is highly dependent on the type of angel food cake you are using. Compared to a cake mix angel food cake, store-bought cakes and this handmade angel food cake may be slightly smaller — I generally end up using around 3/4 of a cake mix angel food cake for this recipe. Add the cake cubes one at a time, coating them evenly with a thick layer of whipped cream. If you use too many cake cubes, the cake may get dry (especially if it is made in advance).
- To Prepare Ahead: This dessert may be constructed and refrigerated for up to 24 hours ahead of time.
- I like seeing all of the deliciousness that you are creating in your kitchens!
- The recipe was initially published in November 2013 and has been updated with additional photographs and recipe notes in August 2019.
- Because I am an Amazon Associate, I receive money when people make eligible purchases.
20 Angel Food Cake Recipes You’ll Die Over
Every product that we showcase has been handpicked by Delish editors. We may receive a commission if you click on one of the links on this page. They’ll take you directly to the gates of paradise. (It was unavoidable.) Chelsea Lupkin is a model and actress. Fried Tequila Shots (no. 1 of 20) We’re going to go to any length to get our hands on these. Get the recipe from the websiteDelish. PURCHASE ONE OF OUR FAVORITE MIXING BOWLS: Amazon.com has a set of Pyrex bowls for $10. Boston Cream Cake (no.
- Get the recipe from the websiteDelish.
- Get the recipe from the websiteDelish.
- 4 of 20) These crunchy, sugar-coated nibbles are as simple to make as they are delicious.
- Angel Food Cake No.
- Get the recipe from the websiteDelish.
- 6 of 20) This angel food cake with peaches and cream is very delicious.
- Angel Food Cake with Roasted Strawberry Sauce (number 7 of 20) It tastes finest when topped with whipped cream.
Angel Food Cupcakes with a Rainbow of Colors (number 9) Heaven and Hell Cake (No.
Reconsider your position.
Angel Food Cake French Toast (No.
The greater the height of the cake, the closer one is to heaven.
Angel Food Trifle with Strawberry and Lemon Filling (#13 of 20) Angel Food Cake Churro Bites (No.
The recipe may be found at ‘Lil Luna.
Cooking Classy has the recipe you’re looking for.
Get the recipe from the websiteDelish.
Mel’s Kitchen Cafe has the recipe, which you can get here.
Get the recipe from the websiteDelish.
In her role as commerce editor at Hearst, Sienna Livermore covers best-selling products, home goods, fashion, cosmetics, and other stuff that people simply cannot live without.
This material was generated and maintained by a third party and imported onto this website in order to assist users in providing their email addresses for further consideration. You may be able to discover further information on this and other related items at the website piano.io.
Angle Food Cake Berry Triflel
A delightful angel food cake dessert with fresh seasonal berries on top, as well as a scrumptious pudding filling, is Angel Food Cake Berry Trifle.
Angel Food Cake Berry Trifle
When my husband and I were married, we decided that we wanted to hold a holiday family reunion every year, so we chose the Fourth of July as the date. The Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays, in part because of the bbqs, fireworks displays, and parades, as well as the celebration of our country’s freedom. Every year, we have a barbecue at our home, where we serve all of our favorite foods. I make this Angel Food Cake Berry Trifle dessert for my grandfather every year, and it’s just become a natural must-have for the picnic table at this time of year because of his wishes.
Even while this angel food cake and berry trifle is excellent all year long, the patriotic hues of red and blue make it a festive treat that doesn’t require much time to prepare. That is exactly how I prefer to prepare food. My favorite way to serve this dessert at picnics and large groups is to put it in a large trifle dish. Individual trifle portions would be a lovely choice for a smaller event if you have the time and resources.
SIMPLE INGREDIENTS NEEDED:
- The ingredients for this cake are: ANGEL FOOD CAKE, VANILLA PUDDING, MILK, CREAM CHEESE, powdered sugar, Cool Whip, blueberries, strawberries, and apricots.
DIRECTIONS AND TIPS:
- Using a knife, cut the Angel Food Cake into cubes
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the pudding mix and milk until smooth and thickened
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Gradually add the powdered sugar and continue to beat until the mixture is smooth. 4.Add the Cool Whip to the bowl and stir until everything is well blended. For the trifle, alternating layers of angel food cake with blueberries and repeat the process until the trifle is completely constructed.
What can I use instead of Angel Food Cake?
However, if you prefer the dense texture of pound cake, you may instead use angel food cake instead. You’ll need a cake that’s a little “heartier” in order to handle the pudding and layers.
Can I use other fruit in my layers?
Yes! As previously stated, we adore the colors blue and red for the Fourth of July, but you can also use other favorites such as blackberries, raspberries, grapes, and so on. Bananas can be used, but keep in mind that they will brown rapidly, so I would only recommend using them if you are constructing soon before your party.
Angel Food Cake Berry Trifle
- A delightful angel food cake dessert with fresh seasonal berries on top, as well as a scrumptious pudding filling, is Angel Food Cake Berry Trifle. Preparation time15 minutesTotal time15 minutes
- 1 angel food cake, cut into cubes (you may make your own or buy it from a store)
- 1 cup whipped cream (you can make your own or buy it from a store)
- Instant vanilla pudding mix (13.44 ounces)
- 2 cups cold milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip (thawed)
- 2 pints blueberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 pints strawberries, hulled and sliced
- You may make your own angel food cake or buy it pre-cut into cubes. 1 angel food cake (you can make your own or buy it pre-cut into cubes). Instant vanilla pudding mix (13.44 ounces)
- 2 cups cold milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces Cool Whip (thawed) blueberries (about 2 pints)
- Strawberries (about 2 pints)
- 2 pints (about a pound)
Other excellent Fourth of July Recipes to try include the ones below.
- Jello Salad with Strawberry and Raspberry Pretzels
- American Flag Fruit Tray
- Red and White Rocket Kabobs
- Triple Berry Pie
- And more.
Katie is a devout Christian, a wife, and the mother of three children: two boys and one girl. Crafting, home improvement projects, cooking, and baking for her family are some of her favorite pastimes. It brings her great delight to make her house a home and to encourage other Mommas as they navigate the chaotic and fortunate world of parenting!
This flavor-packed strawberry angel food luscious is made up of delicious layers of angel food cake, tangy sweetened cream cheese, whipped cream, and fresh strawberries! By Toss this dish into the refrigerator and it will be ready to serve when your guests arrive, or it will make a delicious after-dinner desert. This extremely scrumptious no-bake dessert is stacked with goodness and is sure to be a hit with the whole family! It’s time to use up the rest of the berries from this season with a strawberry-loaded, simple, no-bakeessert.
Sometimes they’re quite simple, such as this no-bake dessert that builds atop an angel food cake that has already been prepared!
When you need a quick yet spectacular dessert for a special event like a graduation or a summer birthday, keeping things simple is a great benefit. This delicious strawberry dessert is also a favourite at backyard barbecues and summertime potlucks. Go to the following page:
- • Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- • Ingredients
- • Step-by-Step Instructions, • Storing Instructions, • Recipe, • Comments
Why You’ll Love This Recipe!
- It’s a quick process! Undeniably simple, the preparation and assembly time is so short that no one would suspect you whipped it together in under an hour
- Incredibly Simple! Cube some angel food cake from a bakery and arrange it on top of the cake. Voila! You’ll be hooked on this strawberry luscious for a variety of reasons, including the fact that it’s a No Bake Dessert! Is there anything else I can say? Already, the first two should have you checking your berry supplies, and when you add the word ‘no-bake,’ the deal should be clinched! You must try this simple dish
- It is delicious.
If you have an angel food cake from a bakery on hand, this no-bake dessert is super simple to make! If you haven’t already, make sure to pick up all of your dairy products while you’re at the shop.
- Angel Food Cake- Angel food cake that has already been prepared and is purchased from a store is great for making this dessert incredibly simple! If you don’t want to go to the store and already have a boxed angel food cake mix on hand, that’s almost as quick and easy as making it from scratch. The sweetened cream cheese layer is made by softening an 8-ounce brick of cream cheese before putting it on the cake. In order to achieve the optimum creaminess, brick type cream cheese should be used rather than whipped cream cheese. Using confectioners’ sugar, cream cheese, and lemon juice, you can create a deliciously sweet and tart luxuriant layer. A small amount of milk is added to the cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar to make them super-creamy and spreadable. If you don’t have a huge tub of Cool Whip, you may create your own with my own stabilized whipped cream. You’ll need two 8-ounce pieces for this recipe (or two of the standard sized Cool Whip tubs). If you use conventional Cool Whip, you’ll need around 3 cups each tub, therefore you’ll need 6 cups total if you use homemade whipped cream. Vanilla Extract- Just a small amount to bring out and enhance all of the wonderful tastes of the ingredients
- And Fresh strawberries are cut and mixed with the coulis to make a delicious dessert. To make the strawberry sauce if you don’t have fresh berries on hand, simply increase the coulis recipe and use frozen strawberries to make the coulis
- Strawberry Coulis (also known as strawberry sauce) – My homemade strawberry sauce, also known as strawberry coulis, is so delicious that you’ll want to lick the plate clean after eating it! You may use different ready-made strawberry glazes for this recipe, but the flavor is well worth it! Create enough to have leftovers to serve over your Saturday morning pancakes as well.
Prepare your angel food cake and get ready to begin topping it with wonderfully sweet layers of frosting! Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving this simple yet delectable dessert!
Mix the Cream Cheese Layer
- Cube. Angel food cake should be cut into cubed bits and placed into a baking dish at the bottom of the pan. It’s okay to use a 9-by-13-inch pan or a 2-2.5-quart baking dish. Combine the cream cheese layer and set aside. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the 8-ounce block of softened cream cheese, 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, and 13 cup milk. Stir well to combine. Mix until smooth, then fold in the Cool Whip. As soon as the cream cheese mixture is creamy, fold in an 8-ounce container of Cool Whip and 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence until well incorporated. Mix until the mixture is smooth once again.
Assemble the LayersChill
- Begin by piling on top of one another. Pour the sweetened cream cheese layer over the angel food cake cubes in the baking dish and bake for 30 minutes. Using a spatula, spread to the borders and top with more Cool Whip. In order to add the next layer, use another 8-ounce quantity of Cool Whip. To thoroughly cover the other layers of the cake in your baking dish, spread the softened whipped cream to the sides of your baking dish
- Combine the berries in a bowl. In a small mixing dish, combine the cut strawberries and strawberry coulis, then pour the mixture over the Cool Whip layer to cool. Extend this layer all the way to the borders as well
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving the strawberry angel food lush, which should be covered with either cling film or a fitting lid.
Spread even more whipped cream on top of this delicious tiered dessert and serve it out in large quantities. If preferred, garnish with mint leaves and serve immediately.
Keep any leftover strawberry angel food rich dessert covered and refrigerated until you’re ready to serve it. After blending the ingredients, the luscious will last for up to 3 days. Do you have a favorite recipe that you’ve tried? Please rate this dish with a 5-star rating on the recipe card below and/or write a review in the comments area lower down the page. Thank you. Keep up with me on social media by following me on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Do not forget to tag me on Instagram if you make one of my recipes.
It’s a delicious combination of angel food cake, tangy sweetened cream cheese, whipped cream, and strawberries in this flavor-packed strawberry angel food luscious! Toss this dish into the refrigerator and it will be ready to serve when your guests arrive, or it will make a delicious after-dinner desert. Servings:8servings Calories:425kcal Prep15minutes Refrigeration time is optional and is 30 minutes. Time allotted: 45 minutes Recipe to be shared on Pinterest
- 14ozAngel Food Cake (pre-made or store-bought, cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1strawberry coulis (or strawberry syrup)
- 8ozcream cheese (softened)
- 1cupconfectioners sugar
- 1tspvanilla extract
- 8ozCool Whip
- 12lbs strawberries (washed, hulled, and sliced)
- 1strawberry coulis
- 1 inch squares of angel food cake cut into 1 inch squares and placed in the bottom of a 9×13 baking pan. Remove the pan from the heat and set it away for later. Angel Food Cake (14 ounces)
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, milk, and powdered sugar. Use a handheld mixer or a whisk to combine the ingredients. 8 ounces cream cheese, 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, and 1 and 3 cup milk
- Combine half of the cool whip with the vanilla essence in a large mixing bowl. cool whip, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (eight ounces) Pour the cream cheese sugar mixture over the angel food cake cubes that have been sliced up. Using a spatula, spread out the mixture so that it is uniformly distributed. Spread the remaining cool whip as evenly as possible over the top of the cake. 2 cups cool whip
- In a separate small dish, add the coulis and cut strawberries and gently fold them together. 12 pounds strawberries and 1 jar strawberry coulis are included. With a spatula, evenly distribute the mixture over the top of the cool whip layer. Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving
- It may be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- Allow the cream cheese to soften for approximately 30 minutes at room temperature. Allow the Cool Whip to sit out for about 15 minutes before mixing it into the cream cheese mixture to allow it to soften.
Calories: 425 kilocalories (21 percent ) |77g of carbohydrates (26 percent ) |Protein (g): 6g (12 percent ) |Fat: 11 g |Diet: (17 percent ) |Saturated Fatty Acids: 6 g (38 percent ) Polyunsaturated fat: 1 g| Monounsaturated fat: 3 g| Cholesterol: 36 mg | (12 percent ) | Sodium: 527 milligrams (23 percent ) |Potassium is 182 milligrams (5 percent ) |Fiber:1 gram (4 percent ) |Sugar (56 g) (62 percent ) |Vitamin A: 457 International Units (9 percent ) |Vitamin C (ascorbic acid): 18 mg (22 percent ) |Calcium is 152 milligrams (15 percent ) |Iron:1 milligram (6 percent ) Course Dessert Recipes, Fruit Desserts, and No-Bake Desserts are all available.
A former food service professional, she now likes sharing all of her family’s favorite recipes and developing delectable supper recipes as well as spectacular desserts on Bake It With Love.
Served warm, angel food cake is delightfully sweet, rich, and absolutely divine. But, what do you add on top of it, exactly? To make your angel food cake into an outstanding treat, try one of the 16 toppings on this list. Because it is so airy, cloud-like, and downright ethereal, this simple delicacy is possibly the most properly titled food in history. Would you want to bookmark this blog post? Enter your your address here, and we’ll send you the article right to your inbox! Angel food cake, despite its incredible flavor, is a fairly easy treat to prepare and serve.
Your ordinary dessert may be transformed into a magnificent piece of cake in a variety of inventive ways.
If you want to make your angel food cake even more delicious, you can use a variety of toppings, and we’re here to teach you everything about them. Recipe for Strawberry Short Cake, made using Angel Food Cake and strawberry sauce.
1. Strawberries and Cream
The classic angel food cake recipe. When I was growing up, this was one of my mother’s go-to sweets, and it never fails to please! Fresh strawberries and whipped cream are layered on top of a light and fluffy cake. The situation cannot be much better than this.
2. Chocolate Ganache
It’s impossible to go wrong with chocolate sponge cake when it comes to making it. So, turn a plain angel food cake into a Boston Cream Pie with a little creativity! Slice the cake in half horizontally and add some vanilla custard on top of the first layer to make a sandwich. Place the second layer on top of the first and drizzle the entire cake with a delicious chocolate ganache. Fantastic.
3. Lemon Curd and Meringue
These two flavors are a marriage made in heaven, and when combined in an angel food cake, you get a treat that will have you drooling. It’s also really simple to put together! Simply cut the cake in half horizontally and add some lemon curd on top of the first layer to assemble. Place the second layer on top of the first and distribute the meringue deliciousness evenly over the entire cake.
Take a look at this delicious icing that will make you go nuts! Cook some bananas in a pan with brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon until they are soft. What you’ll get are some very delicious caramelized bananas! Add a couple slices of these bad boys on a slice of angel food cake for a treat that will be remembered for a long time.
5. Fresh Berries
And now for the topping that will have you going wild! Cook some bananas in a little brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon until they are soft. Caramelized bananas will be waiting for you when you arrive. Add a few slices of these bad boys to a slice of angel food cake for a treat that will be remembered for a lifetime.
6. Mocha Ganache
Here’s a topping that’s sure to make you go nuts! Slice up some bananas and sauté them in a pan with brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon until they are soft. What you’ll get is a delicious batch of caramelized bananas! Top a slice of angel food cake with a couple slices of these bad guys for a treat that will be remembered for a long time.
7. Caramel Macchiato
A caramel macchiato-flavored angel food cake comes to mind while we’re on the subject of coffee. Angel food cake has a delicate sweetness to it, making it the ideal basis for a powerful espresso taste and a thick layer of creamy caramel sauce to rest on top. This version is so decadent that Starbucks may be tempted to steal the concept! You can find the recipe here.
Angel food cake is delicious, but cheesecake is much better. As a result, why not mix them to create one outstanding dessert? To create it, just break up the angel food cake and mix it into a no-bake cheesecake mixture until combined. Spread the mixture into a 9-by-13-inch baking dish that has not been oiled and top with your choice berries. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Would you want to bookmark this blog post? Enter your your address here, and we’ll send you the article right to your inbox!
9. French Toast
Who thinks angel food cake is just suitable for dessert purposes?
By dipping it in an egg and milk mixture and frying it, you can turn it into a delectable morning treat! French toast angel food cake is completed with a dab of whipped cream and fresh berries, and it is really delicious.
10. Ice Cream
This is a simple and effective approach to make your angel food cake even more delicious! Everything is completed by simply topping it with a scoop or two of your favorite ice cream. Alternatively, you can take it to the next level by decorating the top with cherries, whipped cream, toasted almonds, marshmallows, and sprinkles.
11. Coconut and Greek Yogurt
By infusing your angel food cake with delicious shredded toasted coconut, you may transform it into a tropical dessert! It adds a lovely crunch to the cake, which contrasts nicely with the cake’s overall softness. To finish it off, drizzle it with a very fresh and tangy Greek yogurt icing. What a delicious and refreshing summer treat!
By infusing your angel food cake with delicious shredded toasted coconut, you can transform it into a tropical delight! It adds a lovely crunch to the cake, which contrasts nicely with the cake’s smoothness. Add a tart Greek yogurt icing over top to complete the look. What a delightfully cooling summertime treat.
13. Nutella and Mascarpone
Is it possible to combine hazelnuts with cheese? Please accept my invitation! Fill your angel food cake with large amounts of Nutella sauce and top it with mascarpone whipped cream for a decadent dessert! This is a winning combo.
Is it possible to combine hazelnuts with cheddar? Please accept my invitation. Thank you. Drizzle liberal amounts of Nutella sauce over your angel food cake before topping it with mascarpone whipped cream. What a wonderful match!
15. Pineapple Whip
Another wonderful idea for incorporating a stunning tropical flare into your angel food cake is presented here. It should be completely covered in pineapple whip! It’s also quite simple to put together. Simply blend the pudding powder with the pineapple chunks. After that, blend the whipped cream with the sugar and vanilla until well incorporated. An excellent cake deserves an equally exquisite icing, which is both sweet and tart.
16. Grilled Cake
This isn’t quite a ‘topping,’ but we couldn’t conclude the list without including this proposal, so please bear with us. It’s possible that your grill has only ever experienced steaks, hamburgers, and eggplant, but you might consider exposing it to angel food cake as well. You are correct in that putting slices of cake under the grill for a few minutes will give it an appealing char and smokey flavor that is oh so perfectly delightful. Adding some berries that have been steeped in alcohol completes this delectable dish.
16 Angel Food Cake Toppings
To make your angel food cake into an outstanding treat, try one of the 16 toppings on this list.
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Strawberry and Cream
- Chocolate Ganache
- Lemon Curd & Meringue
- Bananas & Berries
- Caramel Macchiato
- French Toast
- Ice Cream with Coconut
- Trifle with Nutella & Mascarpone
- Buttercream with Pineapple Whip
- Grilled Cake
- Choose your favorite angel food cake toppers from a variety of options. Alternatively, mix a handful of your favorite desserts for the ultimate treat.