Documentation Download Documentation Download Documentation The ultimate updo if you’re searching for something a little more out of this world than a ponytail or a top knot, space buns are the way to go. Space buns are casual, fun, and fashionable, and they look excellent whether you’re attending a music festival or watching Star Wars with your buddies. Seeing as it appears that space buns will not be departing our planet anytime soon, we’ve put together this guide to walk you through the process of making space buns from scratch.
Don’t be concerned; making space buns isn’t rocket science at all.
- Using a comb, brush your hair and part it down the center. Comb your hair until it’s smooth and free of knots or tangles, then style it as desired. And make a center part for your hair, use the handle of a rat-tail comb to run it down the middle of your head from your forehead to your nape
- 2 Make two pigtails in a row. Choose whether you want them to be high on the top of your head or low on each side of your nape—experiment to find out what works best for you. Smooth down the hair that will be pulled into the pigtails so that they are smooth and neat when they are finished. Hair ties in the color of your hair should be used to secure the pigtails.
- Using a comb, comb your hair into a middle parting. Remove any knots or tangles from your hair by comb it until it is smooth. Create a part that runs down the middle of your head, from your forehead to your nape, using the handle of a rat-tail comb. 2 Make two pigtails in a contrasting color. Choose whether you want them to be high on the top of your head or low on each side of your nape—experiment to find out what you enjoy most in this situation! Maintain a smooth and even texture in your hair when it is pulled into pigtails. Hair ties in the color of your hair should be used to secure the pigtails
- 3 Tease your pigtails if you want to add additional volume to your look. Start by lifting up your first pigtail and combing it a few times, starting at the tips and working your way down to the end of the hair tie. This should be done with the second pigtail as well. If you have thin hair, this is a fantastic idea since it will make your hair look thicker and result in larger space buns at the end of the day.
- If you like, you may wrap three-combhair extensions around the base of your pigtails as an alternative option. This will assist you in getting a bit greater volume
- 4Make your initial pigtail into a rope by twisting it over itself. Take one of your pigtails and twist it away from your face, forming a rope around your neck. The tighter you twist the rope, the sleeker and smaller your bun will come out
- 5Circle the rope into a bun and secure it with a hair band to keep it from falling down. Wrap the rope around the base of the pigtail to secure it in place. To avoid damaging your face, wrap the scarf away from you rather than towards it. Tuck the end of your hair into the bun, and then wrap another hair tie around the base of the bun
- 5 To make the second bun, repeat the procedure. Twist the second pigtail into a rope, then wrap it into a bun to finish it off. Secure the bun with a hair tie after tucking the ends of the rope under it 7 Make any necessary adjustments to your buns. Here’s where you may let your imagination run wild. Using your fingers, gently tug on the outside edges of the buns to loosen the strands if you want them to be messier or more voluminous. To add even more volume to your buns, gently tug on the hair that is being pulled into them to loosen it up. Consider the hair on the top of your head and the sides of your head
- If you accidentally left strands out of your buns, straightening them with a flat iron may be an option. Allowing them to have a wispier appearance by bending the iron towards your face rather than straight down
- 8Spray the space buns with hairspray to hold them in place. If your buns are feeling a little loose, use bobby pins to hold them in place. You can use as many bobby pins as you need. To finish your look, spritz it with hairspray and let it to dry.
- 1Brush your hair and then make a center part with it. Make sure your hair is lovely and silky by combing it. The handle of a rat-tail comb may be used to create a center part in the midst of your hairstyle. Begin at the top of your head and work your way down to the nape of your neck. Using your left half of your hair, drape it over your left shoulder, and your right half over your right shoulder
- 2 Pull one-half of your hair up into a loose bun to keep it off of your face and out of your way. Take the right part of your hair and bind it up with a hair tie to keep it in place. You can wear your hair in a loose bun or even pigtails. This is irrelevant
- The aim is to keep this part of your hair out of your way while you work on the other half. 3 On the left side of your head, pull your hair into a half-up ponytail. Create a horizontal portion on the left side of your head, about at the level of your eyebrows. Make a center part in the rear of your head, beginning at the hairline and finishing at the center part in the front of your head. Organize the hair above the part into a high ponytail and tie it off with a hair knot.
- If you want to wear your ponytail on the top-side of your head, rather than the back-center of your head, do so like a dog ear.
- 4If wanted, tease your ponytail a little. Because you will be dealing with less hair than you would while constructing a standard space bun, it would be a good idea to tease your ponytail a bit before you start working. Backcomb your ponytail towards the hair knot with a brush after lifting strands of hair from your ponytail
- 5 Twist the ponytail into a bun and bind it with a hair tie to finish the look. To begin, twist the ponytail away from your face to form a rope with your hair. After that, coil the rope around the base of the ponytail to form a bun with the hair. Tuck the ends of the rope beneath the bun and secure it with a hair tie at the base
- If you twist the space bun tightly enough, it will become smaller and sleeker in appearance.
- 6Untie the temporary bun from the other side and repeat the process on the opposite side. Return your attention to the right side of your head and remove the loose, temporary bun you formed previously. Create a second half-up ponytail, tease it, and then wrap it into a bun for another look. Another hair tie should be used to secure the bun. 7 If you like, you can tease the remainder of your hair. You are not have to do this, but it is a fantastic way to complete the vintage 90s style in your wardrobe. Alternative: If your buns are beautiful and smooth, you may straighten the remainder of your hair instead.
- Even more volume may be achieved by loosening the hair that is being pulled into the buns. During this stage, you should concentrate on the sides and top of your head
- It is fine if the section in the back-center of your head disappears. You don’t require it any more
- Pulling on the hair that is going into the buns will give it even more volume. The sides and top of your head should be the primary focus at this time
- It’s fine if the area in the back-center of your skull disappears. It’s no longer required
- It’s no longer required.
- Pulling on the hair that is going into the buns can provide even more volume. Concentrate on the sides and top of your head at this stage
- It’s fine if the section in the back-center of your skull fades away. You don’t require it any more.
- If you’re looking for something a little more complicated, consider half-up pigtails.
- 3 Braid the pigtails and bind them with clear hair elastics to complete the look. The initial pigtail should be divided into three equal sections. Cross the left and right sections over the central strand to form the braid. Once you’ve used up all of your hair, bind the braid with a clear hair elastic wrapped around the end of it. Repeat this procedure with the other pigtail as well.
- Instead, a 2-strand rope braid can be used to create a more distinctive design. This method is very effective for natural hair.
- 4 If desired, pull on the outside loops of the braids to make them appear more volumized. You are not need to do this, but it is a fantastic technique to add volume to your hair, especially if it is really thin in the first place. Gently tug on the outer loops of the braid starting at the bottom and working your way up till the top
- Repeat the same with the other braid
- If you used a 2-strand rope braid, you may skip this step. It is important not to pull too hard or the braid will come undone.
- 5 Tie the braids into buns and fasten them with hair ties to keep them in place. Pick up the left braid and wrap it around the hair tie to form a bun on the top of your head. Tuck the braid’s end beneath the bun, and then wrap another hair tie around the bun’s base. Repeat with the other braid. Then repeat the process for the other braid.
- If you want to make a regular bun, do not twist the braids into a rope like you would for that.
- 6 Make any necessary adjustments to your hair, then spritz it with hairspray. If your buns are feeling a little loose, pin them down along the side borders to the rest of your hair, using as many bobby pins as necessary. As soon as you are satisfied with the appearance of your space buns, spritz them with hairspray and allow the hairspray to dry
- Straightening the remainder of your hair for a smoother look is recommended if you wore braided half-up buns.
Create a new question
- QuestionWhat should I do if I have really curly hair? Straightening procedures that do not require heat are available (check out How toStraighten Your Hair Without Heat). In fact, I believe that messier, curlier buns look better than perfectly straight ones. I’ve seen folks with really curly hair pull it off without having to straighten their hair beforehand. In the event that it is really difficult to create an even part or to get the hair to twist, dry the hair rather than leaving it moist. Question How can I accomplish this with hair that is prone to tangling? There are a plethora of solutions available to help you untangle your hair. Aside than that, I recommend moving extremely slowly and gently, combing your hair and untangling any tangles as you go
- Question Is it possible to braid the pigtail instead of twisting it? Certainly, braid the ponytails, then wrap them around like buns and put them in place with bobby pins
- Question What is the best way to get my hair straight without brushing it too hard? Mackenzie RomeroAnswer from the Community You may always use a straightener, but be sure to maintain the heat on a low setting. It is not required to be perfectly straight. If it doesn’t function on low, try increasing the volume one notch. Question What is the best way to make bigger buns? Making the buns looser will make them look larger, and this is something you can do
- Question Is it still possible for me to do it if I have really long hair? EmmaLee HudginsAnswer from the Community Yes, it is possible. They may appear larger, though, depending on how tightly you twist or braid your hair
- Question What can I do to make them seem more even? Make sure your middle parting is equal and straight. As a last suggestion, I’d suggest utilizing a large number of bobby pins and beginning by placing them in pigtails. Question Is it possible to accomplish this with short hair? It is recommended to use low buns instead of high buns if the length of your hair is insufficient to reach high up onto your head
- Question How can I make them even and ensure that they don’t wriggle around? Use bobby pins to keep them from wriggling, and if you don’t have any bobby pins, use more hair ties to keep them in place. Take your hair and equally divide it down the center, using the middle hair line, to get an even distribution. Question Is it still possible to do space buns if my hair is barely up to my shoulders? A half-up, half-down style, as seen in part 2, should be doable with your current amount of hair.
More information on the replies Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. Submit
VideoRead Video Transcript
- Make the space buns as clean and elegant as you like, or as loose and sloppy as you want
- The choice is yours. Make some streaks in your hair with hair chalk before you begin to give it a more vivid appearance.
Thank you for submitting a suggestion for consideration!
Things You’ll Need
- Hairbrush, rat-tail comb, four hair ties, Bobby pins, hairspray
- Hairbrush, rat-tail comb, four hair ties, Bobby pins, hairspray
- Hairbrush, rat-tail comb, 4 hair ties, 2 clear hair elastics, Bobby pins, hairspray, and a hair tie holder
About This Article
Summary of the ArticleXTo style your hair into space buns, part your hair down the center. Then, using hair ties, knot each part of your hair into a pigtail on the other side. Twist one of the pigtails with both hands to make it a little more secure. You will achieve smaller and firmer space buns if you twist your hair in a tighter manner. Continue wrapping the twisted hair around the base of the pigtail many times until you have around 4 inches (10 cm) of hair remaining. Put the end of your pigtail below the bun you’ve just created, and secure the bun by putting a bobby pin in the end of your hair where it tucks under the bun and through the bun.
Finally, spritz your space buns with hairspray to ensure that they stay in place throughout the day.
Did you find this overview to be helpful?
Did this article help you?
Messy buns, ballerina buns, braided buns – it’s safe to say that there’s a perfect bun hairstyle for any occasion out there. When it comes to errands, a sloppy bun is appropriate, a ballerina bun is appropriate for an interview, and a braided bun is appropriate for a special occasion. But what about the joyful, carefree bun hairdo that we can’t seem to get enough of these days? The hairdo with space buns! You can safely argue that this hairstyle is out of this world—but it’s not out of reach for you.
HOW TO GET A SPACE BUNS HAIRSTYLE
Gather your materials and then begin working on your space bun style. What you’ll need is the following: a brush for your hair Elastics that are transparent Bobby pins are a kind of pin. Advanced Hairstyle from L’Oréal Paris LOCK IT DOWN Controlling the Weather Hairspray How to get the look:
STEP1: BRUSH YOUR HAIR
While this step may seem self-explanatory, it’s critical to begin by combing your mane to verify that it’s free of any tangles or knots before proceeding.
STEP2: PART YOUR HAIR
By making a center part in your hair, you may divide it into two equal portions. It is critical to ensure that your part is as straight as possible, with the equal amount of hair on either side, since this will make or break your overall space bun appearance!
STEP3: CREATE SOME PONYTAILS
One part of hair should be gathered and tied into a ponytail at the top of your head, toward the back. Make sure to smooth out any kinks that may occur during the process. Your ponytail’s location can be customized to suit your needs; however, bear in mind that the base of your ponytail will be located where your space bun is. Following the completion of one ponytail on one side of your portion, proceed to build a duplicate ponytail on the other side. You don’t want your space buns to seem asymmetrical, so make sure you duplicate your positioning!
STEP4: MAKE YOUR BUNS
To make your space buns, you’ll want to wrap the length of your hair around the base of your ponytail from the front to the back. Hold this freshly created bun in place as you pin it down with bobby pins to finish it off. Make sure to use bobby pins that are the same color as your hair for a seamless appearance! Repeat the process on the opposite side.
STEP5: SEAL THE DEAL
Hairspray should be used to finish the appearance since you don’t want all of your hard work to go to waste. That’s all there is to it, unless you want to go all out and accessorize your space buns for a truly beautiful look. More on it in a moment!
3 WAYS TO MAKE YOUR SPACE BUNS OTHER-WORLDLY
Want to improve the look of your space bun style even further? There are a variety of ways you can make your space buns seem extraterrestrial, and we’ve included three of our favorites below.
OPTION1: ADD COLOR
Surely you agree that such a colorful haircut goes wonderfully with such a joyful color palette? Make your buns pop with a temporary hair color from theL’Oréal Paris Colorista 1-Day Spray or theL’Oréal Paris Colorista Hair Makeup 1-Day Colorlines. Get creative with your hair color! It’s easy to maintain your space buns hairdo with temporary hair colors from both lines because they wash away in only one shampoo. Instead of going full out with color, you may use the wash out hair color to highlight your roots only—this is one of our favorite festival season looks.
OPTION2: ADD GLITTER
Besides being a major hair color trend right now (hello, festival hair), glitter roots are also the perfect technique to help your space buns style seem like it came straight out of the Milky Way. Sprinkle some glitter throughout your roots and finish the look with some hairspray for a quick and easy look.
OPTION3: ADD FUN HAIR TIES
When everything is said and done, there is no easier way to personalize a space buns hairstyle than by using a few colorful hair ties to bring it all together. Remove the transparent elastics from your wardrobe and replace them with cuffs, coils, and bows. After you’ve finished building your space buns, you can dress them up with a colorful accessory such as a hair clip or a flower crown. You have the entire universe of accessorizing at your disposal.
Now that you’ve learned how to do space buns, as well as a few tips and tricks for taking your space buns hairdo to the next level, why not learn how to create the ideal makeup look to go with them? Here are three galaxy-inspired makeup ideas for an out-of-this-world appearance.
5 Ways To Do Space Buns at Home With Inspo Looks
In the 1990s, space buns were a tremendously fashionable hairstyle that has just re-emerged in popularity. The hairstyle is characterized by two buns that are worn on the top of the head, with popular variations including braided buns and half-up, half-down versions of the style. Space buns, which are beloved by celebrities like as Miley Cyrus and Ariana Grande, are the perfect way to infuse a little carefree fun into your look, whether you’re traveling to a summer festival or one more party before the year is up.
Which tutorial are you going to choose?
’90s Space Buns
Are you prepared to learn how to make space buns? Begin by taking a comb and creating a zig-zag parting from the front of your hair all the way down to the nape of your neck with it. Step No. 2
Create 2 high ponytails.
Make two high ponytails and secure them with a small hair tie to complete the look. Make sure to leave a few strands of hair free around your face, as this will give you a more face-flattering appearance. Step number three.
Create a small braid in each ponytail.
Take a little bit of hair from the underside of one of your ponytails and twist it into your space buns to give them a more distinctive and textured look. Braid this piece into a typical 3-strand braid all the way down to the ends – don’t worry about fastening it now; we’ll take care of that later on. Step number four.
Plump up the volume.
Then, using your hands, gently tease your hair back towards the roots, scrunching the substance into your hair. Adding this will give your space buns the additional texture and attitude they require! Step number five.
Wrap your hair into space buns.
Gather the ends of each ponytail together and twist them together to make a bun shape, being care to leave the braided area of your hair untangled for the time being. Using bobby pins, pin your buns into the position you want them to be in. Step 6: Organize your thoughts and feelings about the situation.
Wrap the plaits around the buns.
Wrap your braids around your freshly formed buns, then secure your style with bobby pins and clear hair elastics to keep your appearance in place. Step 7 – Organize your time and resources.
Set your style.
Applying hairspray all over your crazy space buns will help them stay longer into the night and keep them looking fresh. In this eighth step, you will learn how to use a comma to separate the words “and” and “and not.”
The result? Fabulous space buns fit for a party in only minutes! Though it’s not necessary, curling or crimping the front sections of your hair may elevate your style to a whole new level, and it’s definitely something to experiment with!
Low Space Buns
Begin by priming your hair with theVO5 Express Primer Spray, which detangles your locks while also reducing those annoying flyaways and frizz. Separate your hair (down the center) into two equal portions by using a comb or your fingers to divide it evenly. Next, bind each portion into two low ponytails using hairbands to complete the look. Step No. 2
Tease and Twist Your Pigtail.
It’s now time to get down to business!
Take your first ponytail and gently twist it all the way down to the end of your hair. Repeat with your second ponytail. Step number three.
Create a Bun.
To make a bun form, begin by wrapping your hair around the base of the ponytail and continuing to wrap until you have a bun shape. Once you’ve achieved the desired shape, pin it in place with as many bobby pins as necessary to keep the style in place. Step number four.
Create Your Second Bun.
To construct your second bun, tease and twist your second ponytail like you did with the first. Step number five.
And There You Have It!
Double low buns that will be the talk of the party at your next gathering!
Braided Space Buns
Looking for another really adorable method to style your hair? Look no further. Then these braided space buns could just be the answer to all of your hair prayers. These retro-looking double buns, which are inspired by the ’90s, are as at home on lazy, casual weekends as they are for the forthcoming party season, which is fast approaching.
Braided Half-Up, Half-Down Space Buns
Is it necessary to have a hairstyle that can survive any event and last you throughout the season? If this is the case, the half-up, half-down space buns hairstyle is a great option. Check out the video below to see what occurred when vloggerN1kk1sSecr3t demonstrated how to get this amazing half-up hybrid style, and then give it a shot yourself!
Classic Half-Up, Half-Down Space Buns
In case you’re a complete novice to the world of style, we’ve got you covered. A more straightforward variant of N1kk1sSecr3braided t’s ‘do, this hairstyle can be achieved with any type of hair, including straight, wavy, and curly hair. Decide how you want your completed style to appear first, and then either straighten or curl your mane to prepare it, or accept your natural texture — it’s entirely up to you! When you know how to do it, half-up space buns are simple and enjoyable to create. Verity is to be credited.
- Instructions for making half-space buns: To begin, separate your hair along the middle with the use of a comb.
- This ponytail should be positioned in the centre of the top of your head, if possible.
- When you are finished with one ponytail at a time, take the tail and wrap it around the base to make a space bun.
- Now, go ahead and flaunt your wacky buns to the world!
Space Buns Inspiration
Now that you’ve mastered the fundamentals of this look, it’s time to discover all of the various wonderful ways you can wear it.
Glittery Zig-Zag Space Buns
Photograph courtesy of Instagram.com/leanneslaterstudios Did you know that glitter and festivals go together like peanut butter and jelly? Adding some glitter and sparkle to your space buns (or any other hairdo for that matter!) is an easy and enjoyable way to dress them up!
With her zig-zag split buns and glitter-sprinkled roots, this Instagrammer is giving us some festival hair envy. Follow her on Instagram. Credit:@leanneslaterstudios
Half-Up, Half-Down Glitter Space Buns For Short Hair
Glitter space buns that are half-up and half-down. Photograph courtesy of Instagram.com/populationsalon In the case of short hair, a half-up, half-down style is ideal for achieving space buns for short hair. Your fringe should be left untouched, and you should collect the remaining top part of your hair into two small buns. Before you venture out to the fields, sprinkling some glitter and donning your favorite pair of sunglasses will set the tone for some serious glam. Credit:@populationsalon
Voluminous Afro Space Buns
Afro space buns with a lot of volume. Photograph courtesy of Instagram.com/futura cacheada Do you have afro or curly hair? You’re in luck: when arranged into large buns, these hair types appear really attractive and fashionable. Because, if you ask us, larger is always preferable to smaller! Credit:@futura cacheada
Sleek Glittery Space Buns
Glittery space buns, to be precise. Photograph courtesy of Instagram.com/hairbyjaxx If you’re anything like us, and you’re infatuated with all things glitter, then why not go all out with the dazzle and cover your whole head with it? Don’t forget to create two messy buns to round off the ensemble. You’ll be ready to hit the dance floor in no time! Credit:@hairbyjaxx
Rainbow Half-Up, Half-Down Space Buns
Half-up, half-down space buns in a rainbow of colors. Photograph courtesy of Instagram.com/nealmhair Everything just looks so much better on people with multi-colored hair, don’t you think? What better way to show off your ombre locks than with a lovely half-up, half-down space bun? You’ll be sure to turn heads everywhere you go with this outfit! Credit:@nealmhair
Starry Space Buns
Space buns with a nebula on top. Photograph courtesy of Instagram.com/ nicquelxoxo Do you have a glimmer in your eye? Consider using moon or star-shaped sequins into your space buns hairdo for a look that is truly out of this world! You could even finish off the appearance by spritzing your buns with a contrasting colored hairspray (we recommend a blue, green or purple hue to tie in with the galaxy theme). Credit:@ nicquelxoxo
Ombre Space Buns
Ombre space buns in a variety of colors. Photograph courtesy of Instagram.com/prettyinpattern If you’re not a fan of all the glitter, don’t worry: regularombrespace buns are still very much in style. Space buns that are both sloppy and refined in appearance look great with ombre hair. Experiment with different bun sizes to find out which one fits best with your hairstyle! Credit:@prettyinpattern
Sign up to our newsletter and get exclusive hair care tips and tricks from the experts at All Things Hair.
As we all know, two buns are always preferable to one, which is why today’s DIY hair lesson is a double bun! Despite the fact that this hairstyle is a little more whimsical than others, it is also really utilitarian due to the fact that it is extremely secure. So you could wear it for a casual day with friends or something more active like doing errands, exercising, or playing double dutch with a group of pals. Put yourself in touch with your inner Miley Cyrus with this 5-minute double bun DIY.
- How to achieve the look.
- Lightly tease each ponytail and then wrap each pigtail into a bun and fix it in place with bobby pins.
- Pull pieces out slightly that appear to be being pulled tightly in the bun and fix them with hair pins to hold them in place in order to make each bun a bit broader.
- Amelia Tatnall is a model represented by Rachel Brewer.
For anyone wondering why today’s hair tutorial appears to be familiar, it’s because I gave you a sneak peak at it when I posted thesunny striped DIY nailstutorial a few of weeks ago. Do you think you’ll give this adorable double bun a shot? I’d be interested in hearing your thoughts.
40 Space Bun Hairstyles That Ooze Sassiness
Women’s hairstyling trends in recent years have included space buns, which are definitely a show stopper. ‘Space bun’ is defined as a ‘hairstyle sported by Princess Leia in the Star Wars film A New Hope’ according to the urban dictionary. This wonderful haircut is also worn and admired by many Hollywood celebrities, whom we will not mention here. It has that ’90s feel to it (think Gwen Stefani and Björk), and it has made the most beautiful comeback in recent memory. Piggytail buns are a lot of fun to wear since they are simple and completely effortless.
Where Does the Name Space Buns Come from?
The spacebun hairstyle has a long history, even if you don’t believe it yourself! We now have one of the most popular haircuts in the world, thanks to the Star Wars saga and Princess Leia’s signature look. Carrie Fisher ignored her mother’s warnings not to take parts that required her to wear unusual haircuts, despite the fact that she had been warned. We have the advantage of having to contribute something. However, in a recent interview, George Lucas admitted that he had a difficult time coming up with a distinctive haircut for Princess Leia to wear in the film series.
Lucas stated that he drew influence from ancient Mexican literature and history.
She embodies the traditional revolutionary appearance that George Lucas envisioned for Princess Leia.
Several years later, fan investigations revealed that the hairdo may potentially be associated with the Native American Hopi tribe.
How to Do Space Buns
You may obtain a fantastic haircut that will allow you to travel into space in a matter of minutes by following a few simple steps. You’ll need bobby pins (which we always seem to misplace), hairbands, and a brush for this. If you want your buns to linger longer, you may spray them with hairspray as well. Do you think you’ve got it all? Let’s get this party started!
- 1st step: Comb through your hair, making sure to brush it all the way down to the ends
- Second step: Step 2 – At this point, you can separate your hair. If you want to make your buns appear even more fascinating, part your hair in a zig-zag pattern. Normally, ladies part their hair in the middle. It is entirely up to you
- To make side ponytails, use your brush to separate the two sections of your hair that are separated by your brush. Make sure your ponytails are positioned high on your head, in the centre of your face
- Step 4 – Tease your ponytails with a brush if you want to add additional volume to them. Fifth, twist and coil your hair into a string, and then wrap it around your head in a bun
- And To complete the appearance, secure your hair with an extra set of elastics and a few bobby pins that are fastened under the elastics.
Watch the following video to learn how to create a DIY space bun hairstyle in a quick and simple manner.
How to Style Braided Space Buns
Braids are a stylish enhancement to the traditional space bun. There are no rules about whether you use fishnets or traditional ones; nonetheless, they will unquestionably make your haircut more fascinating. Whether you choose a top knot or wish to braid your hair in the back, the results will be spectacular! We have to agree that this is a more difficult hairstyle to do, but once you’ve tried it, you won’t be able to take it off.
- Step 1: Create a central parting in your hair and divide it into two equal halves. Step 2 – Begin braiding your right side of the head by taking a section of your hair and dividing it into two halves
- 3rd step: you should tear off a little section of hair from the outside of your left hand
- Fourth, cross this hair across and incorporate it into the right-hand part. This process should be repeated once again, but using the left-hand hair section
- Step 6 – Take a portion of loose hair and cross it over your shoulders. It should be placed in the right-hand portion of your hair. 7. Repeat the previous steps on the opposite side of your hair, until you reach the middle of your head, then stop. The eighth step is to stop adding loose hair and just finish the fishtail braid once you reach the center of your head
- To finish, tie your hair into two ponytails on either side of your head. To give the braids more volume, you will need to incorporate some of your loose hair into them. Make two buns with your hair by wrapping them over your shoulders. The final step is to leave your braids down or utilize them to conceal the elastic band
Watch the video below to learn how to create and style a braided space bun hairstyle.
Best Hairstyles with Space Buns to Try
Having discovered where the name of this hairstyle originates, as well as the secrets to making it appear absolutely stunning, it is now time to be inspired.
Here are some of the most beautiful space bun hairstyles you should attempt right away!
1. Voluminous Braids
This braided hairstyle will give you the right combination of volume and chicness. You can easily make braids if you follow the instructions in this article. Half-up space buns are a great way to make your hair seem more voluminous. Isn’t it simple and stylish?
2. Rainbow Ends
It is imperative that you get this hairstyle right now if you are a lover of pastel balayage for hair! A rainbow end, a double bun, and some short braids will be all that you need to make a grand entrance.
3. Simple yet Beautiful Buns
It goes without saying that this is the perfect hairstyle for you if you want something that is both simple to construct and stunningly attractive in appearance. Half-up, half-down space buns are a great option for everyday use.
4. ReverseBraided Space Buns
Perhaps you were unaware of the fact that space bun hairdos are a fantastic alternative for all of those sporty people out there. In addition to keeping your hair in order, this inverted down French braidsbun hairstyle will also make you appear trendy, whether you are heading to the gym or going for a run.
5. Lilac Buns
If you want to try something new and different, you should absolutely experiment with violet hair to the extreme. We are confident that it will generate a great deal of good feedback. Purple is stunning, but when styled in braids and space buns, it becomes even more fashionable!
6. Space Buns with Bangs
Space buns are no longer exclusively for youngsters, thanks to the addition of elegant long bangs that conceal the earlobes. Secure them slightly over your ears, and don’t be afraid to leave a few free tendrils here and there.
7. Space Buns for Thin Hair
A side bang is the perfect form of fringe to go with braided space buns if you have thicker hair. These are tightly twisted in order to achieve a tiny form.
8. Micro Box Braided Space Buns
Micro braids are a popular hairstyle for many Black women who are transitioning from their natural hair to a more polished look. In the interim, experiment with different colors such as purple and blonde, and then twist your hair into enormous space buns.
9. Red Space Buns
Bright red hair may be used to lend a flash of electrifying color to long, straight hair. Creating two ponytails and wrapping the hair around the base of the bun takes only a few minutes and takes no time at all!
10. Vintage Space Buns Style
An updated version of Princess Leia’s classic bun hairdo is seen here. Unlike the others, these ones are gigantic in size and fan out behind the ears. Combine with a deep, black lip color for the maximum statement-making effect.
11. Space Buns with Flowers
Besides long black hair, braids, and buns, is there anything more you could possibly need to make this pigtail bun hairstyle seem absolutely stunning? Yes, you absolutely do! Using flowers as a hair decoration will never go out of style.
Dark roots and accents in purple and pastelpink hues are really stunning together. Two buns are added to the equation to create a unique and wearable adolescent hairstyle that is great for everyday use.
13. Festival Ready Buns
Although pastel green hair dye may not be the most appropriate color for everyday or business wear, it is ideal for music festivals.
You will be the main attraction at any occasion if you have long hair with space buns on top and a little glitter in your hair.
14. SequinedUpdo with Braids
Do not be afraid to go overboard with the sequins if you are attending Coachella or another music event. They are more than welcome to do so! You may separate your hair in the center and create two Dutch braids, which you can then twist into a space bun and decorate with a lot of glitter. Don’t you think this is a perfect style with a bohemian vibe?
15. Chic Low Buns
These gorgeous low buns are a sophisticated and stylish take on the traditional top bun. You can construct these very quickly and simply by braiding two strands of hair and wrapping them into two low buns.
16. Loose andLong Hair Bun
To get the ultimate boho look, braid only pieces of your hair while creating two small buns on the top of your head. This hairdo is ideal for summertime wear, music festivals, and just about every occasion in your life.
17. Holographic Hair
If you use a hairspray that contains light-changing sequins, you can get the ultimate galaxy look. Parties, night outs, and music festivals like as Coachella are all excellent occasions for this hairstyle with space bun.
18. Zig-Zag Sequins and Buns
When styling your hair, instead of splitting it along the center, sling sections of it in opposite directions to create a zig-zag pattern. Don’t be afraid to sprinkle some glitter in the centre of your space buns once you’ve finished them with braids.
19.Curly Hair Buns
Anyone who has curly hair would never have believed that space buns could look this good. We haven’t been informed, to put it mildly. If, on the other hand, you are having trouble shaping your curls, simply pull them into buns and don’t bother about it.
20. Glitter on your Hair
If glittering your face isn’t enough for you, try putting it in your hair as well. You will be the light of the entire universe! Parties and festival season are ideal occasions for this half-up, half-down hairdo.
21. Buns onShort Hair
For those of the females who believed it was impossible for them to create a bun hairdo, you were completely incorrect. When you have short hair, this is how a space bun appears — it’s fantastic!
22.Short Curly Hair
In addition, how adorable do these half-space buns look on wavy hair? If you have a hairdo like this, give it a shot — you won’t be disappointed with the results!
23.Wedding Appropriate Buns
Pigtail buns may not seem like a hairdo that would be ideal for a wedding, but that is not fully accurate either. As you can see, these buns would look stunning on your wedding day, especially when decorated with white fresh flowers and stylish waves.
24. Cute Double Buns
Space buns are a popular hairdo for traveling, according to many female travelers. Because the hairstyle is so convenient, you can even do it while on the move.
25. SideCornrow Braids
For this hairstyle to work, you will just need three little traditional braids and two buns, which will take care of everything. It will add a surprising twist to your ordinary appearances and make them more interesting.
For this hairstyle to work, you will just need three little traditional braids and two buns, which is all you will need. With it, you may add a surprising touch to your usual ensembles.
27. Bun Cuffs
Adding bohemian bun cuffs to your buns will make them even more eye-catching.
Everyone who sees you will be taken aback by the tassels!
28.Teal Blue Hairstyle
Deep blue dye with a bright accent is perfect for rebellious young ladies! You shouldn’t be afraid to put a little glitter in the centre of your head and wear your hair in space buns.
29. Boho Vibes Buns
You might be surprised to learn that tattoos are no longer restricted to the face and torso. Summer tattoos in gold and turquoise tones look fantastic on your hair! It is possible to get the ultimate bohemian beach style with a space bun and double French braids.
30. Ribbon Ties in your Hair
If you’re attending a black-tie event, try to emulate this look. When it comes to styling and making your buns seem even more professional, ribbons are essential.
31. Curly Space Buns
A half-up space bun hairstyle is the ideal approach to show off your curls while yet maintaining a fashionable appearance. Make a central part before making these little space buns for a sleek symmetrical appearance.
32. Space Buns for Asian Women
Hairstyles like a half-up space bun are a great way to show off your curls while yet maintaining a fashionable appearance. Forming these little space buns requires a central portion for a fashionable sense of symmetry.
33. Twisted Space Buns
Begin by rolling the hair from either side of your head into two low space buns with a twist. Secure with a hair tie, then wind the hair around the base of the ponytail to finish it off.
34. Space Buns for Round Faces
You might not believe that calling attention to your round face is a good thing, but there are some hairstyles, such as space buns, that are incredibly attractive on round faces. Before constructing the buns on top of the head, you only need to do a center part in your hair.
35. Space Buns for Thick Hair
Space buns are a terrific way to draw attention to your thick hair and make it stand out. Instead of firmly looping the hair around the base of a ponytail, attempt to let it a little free to create the jumbo shape to give it more volume.
36. Space Buns on Long Hair
Extremely long hair that is almost waist-length should be flaunted and celebrated. Alternatively, little space buns can be worn at the top for a beautiful half updo look.
37. Space Buns for Little Girls
Much if you’re used to merely giving your little daughter a ponytail or low braids for school days, she’ll appreciate it even more if you offer her two high space buns instead.
38. Space Buns with Crochet Braids
If you have natural black hair, there is no reason why you couldn’t appear beautiful while still preserving it: create a half updo with two little space buns and you can sport this playful micro-braided style.
39. Bow Space Buns
It’s possible that you’ll need to follow a bow hair guide to get this space bun style, but the end result will be well worth it. Two long tendrils should be left to frame your face.
40. Dreadlock Space Buns
Two high space buns that are enormous in form are a terrific go-to hairstyle for ladies who have thick dreadlocks and want to keep their look simple and stylish.
Q. Is it possible to do space buns on thin hair? Ans:Of course it is possible! Despite the fact that you won’t be able to achieve much volume or texture, your space buns can nonetheless look fantastic. Making them look a little unkempt can give the impression of more volume to others around you. The key to making your buns appear voluminous is to avoid pulling them into a ponytail. Dry shampoo should be used immediately after you have divided your hair into two equal sections. Brush your hair and then twist the section you want to construct a cord with until you have a cord.
- If you want even more volume, tease all of your hair before you begin twisting it up at the ends.
- Ans:Ballet buns are for females who prefer to seem polished and quite sophisticated in their appearance.
- Space buns, on the other hand, may be both unkempt and well polished.
- Ans:Since Ariana Grande debuted her two buns, many fans have speculated whether or not the ponytail period has come to an end completely.
- Ariana has had half-updos as well as the classic double bun hairstyles in her career.
- She flaunted it on the runway and in public.
- Our message is directed at her!
- Regardless of whether it is summer or winter, there is always someone who adores to wear them.
Space buns can be braided or conventional in style; the choice is entirely up to you. We can only say that they may be both casual and elegant at the same time, as well as quirky and elegant. There aren’t many haircuts that are as functional as this one.
How to do Space Buns!
Buns from outer space! These buns have been popping up all over the place recently, and I thought it was about time I shared my take on them with you. Or put a spin on them.? haha! Of course, I enlisted the assistance of my little gal buddy Sav in the production of this movie, and I hope you enjoy it! My approach is somewhat different from most people’s, but I’ve discovered that it is the most consistent way for me to achieve consistent-looking buns. messy buns are amazing, however I have a hard time getting symmetrical messy buns, which is vital when the buns are on the top of the head and adjacent to one other!
- If you remember, I got platinum about a month ago and none of my Laced Hair Extensions matched my new hue, and Lacy had just sold out of all the Platinum shades during their Black Friday sale.
- They’re just stunning!
- Christina Kreitel, my hairdresser, toned them to match my blonde hair and then gave them a root, which I just like!
- And a heartfelt thank you from the bottom of my heart!
- With the internet, you can never be sure how anything will be accepted by the public.
- Our excitement for keeping up with the vlogs is greater than ever!
- Then, on Monday, Savy’s very first YouTube video was released, which you may view here.
- Now, let’s get back to the space buns.
- 1. Make a center part with your hair
- 2. 2. Use hairspray to smooth up any flyaways. 3. If you require single wefts, clip them in place. 4. Tie a portion of hair into a knot for the knot
- 5. Place two fingers in front of the area where you want the bun to be
- And Sixth, pull your hair forward and around your index and middle fingers. 7. Rotate your wrist in a 360-degree circle
- With your middle and index fingers, catch the tail and pull it almost completely through, as seen in picture 8. 9. Using two bobby pins, bind the bun so that the bobby pins cross each other in the middle. In order to ensure that the knot has adequate volume or that the detail is moving in the appropriate direction, I play with it for a second before I secure it. 10. If there is a little bump or bubble, a second bobby pin can be used to secure it in place. 11. Repeat the process on the opposite side.
Make a center part with your hair; 2. 3. Hairspray any flyaways that may have developed; 3. Tie in your single wefts, if you require them. In order to make the knot, gather a piece of hair. 5. Position two fingers in front of the area where you want the bun to be; 6. Roll your hair forward and around your index and middle fingers; 6. Turn your wrist around in a complete circle seven times. With your middle and index fingers, catch the tail and pull it almost completely through; 9) Using two bobby pins, pin the bun together such that the bobby pins cross each other.
To keep a little bump or bubble from forming, attach it with an additional bobby pin as needed.
Space Buns: How To Do Space Buns On Your Hair (for Newbies)
Space buns are the most unique of all the bun hairstyles available. It’s likely that you’ve seen this look on a variety of beauty blogs and social media platforms, particularly on Instagram accounts and Pinterest boards. Many celebrities, including Britney Spears, Gwen Stefani, Ariana Grande, Yara Shahidi, Ciara, and Tracee Ellis Ross, have also had the haircut. The sassy look is quite fashionable right now, and it’s easy to see why. Space buns are sassy and full of attitude, much like their namesake.
This guide will walk you through the process step by step.
What Are Space Buns?
Spacing buns are a straightforward design that consists of two high buns on either side of the head. Space buns are based on a couple of historical sources, which are detailed below. Despite the fact that her space buns hairstyle was located lower on the head than the normal space buns hairstyle, they are quite similar to Princess Leia’s hallmark buns. Squash Blossom Buns, which are worn by Native American Hopi women, are another source of design inspiration. It was customary for a lady to dress in this manner to signal that she was single.
If you leave your hair in its natural curly form, the space buns will seem textured.
How to Do Space Buns
In its most basic form, space buns are two high buns on either side of the head, separated by a comb. There are a few of historical sources that inspired the creation of space buns. Despite the fact that her space buns hairdo was located lower on the head than the normal space buns, they are quite similar to Princess Leia’s hallmark buns. Squash Blossom Buns, which are worn by Native American Hopi women, are another source of creativity. It was customary for a lady to wear this look to signify that she was single.
The space buns will seem textured if your hair is left in its curly form.
Gather Your Supplies
The worst thing that may happen when executing any style is realizing that you don’t have the proper equipment and resources for the task at hand. Before you begin, you need acquire all of the essential items. These include:
- Detangling Comb: A wide-toothed comb should be used to reduce breakage
- A rat-toothed comb should be used for parting
- Gel: Use an alcohol-free gel that will not cause your hair to become brittle. Use a gentle boar bristle brush to apply the product. Edge Control: Excellent for achieving clean edges. Ties for your hair: We prefer cloth hair ties that do not have a metal clasp to reduce snagging. Holding Spray
- Bobby Pins
- Soft Bristle Toothbrush (if you like placed edges)
- Silk or satin scarf
- Heat Protectant
- Styler for curl definition (optional)
Prepare Your Natural Hair for Space Buns
It is not possible to get the desired look by doing space buns on dry, unwashed natural hair. There are a few measures you’ll need to follow in order to prepare your natural hair for your space buns.
Wash Your Hair
For a fresh start, we recommend shampooing your hair with a sulfate-free shampoo to provide a beautiful clean slate.
This is because shampoos without sulfates are typically gentle on your hair, which is why we mention “sulfate-free.” If you opt to use a sulfate shampoo, keep in mind that it may cause your hair to become brittle.
After you’ve washed your hair, condition it, or deep condition it. This step is critical, especially if you intend to keep the style for a few of days. Make use of a moisturizing conditioner or a deep conditioner of your preference. Read this article to learn how to deep condition your hair at home with products you already have.
Consider devoting a few minutes to applying a hair moisturizer to your hair, since hydrated hair behaves better than dry, crispy hair. Don’t miss the moisturizing process if you want your hair to be as supple and cooperative as possible. A moisturizing spray, a moisturizing lotion, or your favorite essential oil might be used to achieve this result. Just make sure you don’t overdo it with the moisturizer, especially if you’re going for a sleek space bun look.
Apply a Styler
For defined curls, add a styler of your choice to your hair and then allow your hair to air dry for several minutes. If you want your space buns to be sleek, you may skip this step.
Stretch Your Hair (only for Sleek Space Buns)
If you want your space buns to be extremely sleek, you’ll need to manage your hair into a more sleek form. This step is optional because space buns do not need to be smooth, but if you want your hair to be sleek, follow the instructions below to learn how to stretch your hair before creating your space bun. In order to expand your hair, you can employ a variety of techniques, which are detailed below:
Stretch with Braids
- Using a comb or your fingers, divide your hair into various portions and pin them up. Hair should be divided into two or more pieces, as a general rule of thumb. However, depending on the thickness of your hair, you may need to divide it into multiple portions. Braid each portion all the way down to the ends of the braid. To prevent braids from unraveling prematurely, secure them with a ponytail holder or rubber band at the end of each row. Allowing your hair to air dry is recommended. Take the braids apart
- Using a halo parting, divide your hair into two portions. Each part should be French braided. Attempt a minimum of two french braids
- Allowing your hair to air dry is recommended. Take the braids apart
The instructions in this post will walk you through how to put french braids on your hair in depth and step-by-step.
I STRETCH MY TYPE 4 NATURAL HAIR WITHOUT USING HEAT AND WHILE MAINTAINING LENGTH
- Make two low ponytails on either side of your head, one on each side of your head. Ponytail holders should be used to secure each ponytail. Wrap extra ponytail holders or a wide flexible band around the length of your hair many times until you reach the ends
- Then repeat the process. Allow for total air drying of your hair. Remove the ponytail holders/band from your hair.
Alternatively, blow drying your hair may be used for a more expedient approach of expanding your hair. We advocate reducing the usage of heat to the greatest extent feasible. You may, however, utilize the “cool” setting on your blow dryer to stretch your hair as it dries to achieve this effect. While blow-drying your hair, spread it out with a brush as you go. If you want to utilize the high heat setting on your blow dryer, make sure to use a heat protectant before doing so.
Straighten Your Hair (only for Sleek Space Buns)
Straightening your hair before creating incredibly sleek space buns is a good idea. Prevent heat damage to your hair by using a heat protectant before straightening your hair. Take the following precautions to reduce the likelihood of heat damage occurring:
- Prepare your hair by detangling it before you begin straightening it. Heat protectant should be applied evenly throughout the hair, making sure that all of the strands are protected
- Using a comb, separate your hair into four portions. Small pieces of hair should be flat ironed from root to tip. Make sure you don’t skip over any sections more than once. Read this article to find out how to flat iron your hair without causing heat harm to it. Repeat the previous process on your whole head of hair
In the event that you do not wish to straighten your hair, go to the following step.
Do the Ponytails
Using a rat tooth comb, create a straight section along the centre of your hair. You are welcome to take your time to ensure that the part is correct. When it comes to the cleanliness of your parts, you don’t have to stress over them. However, you may discover that the style appears better when your parts are straight. Make two ponytails on either side of your head, one on each side of your head. Ideally, ponytails should be worn high and to one side.
Ponytail holders are tied around each ponytail, with care taken not to knot them too tightly. In the event that you tie them excessively tightly, you may suffer from headaches and perhaps lose the hair surrounding your hairline. Tight hairstyles are one of the most common causes of hair loss.
Lay Down Stray Hairs
Space buns can be smooth or textured, but the hair above the ponytail holder (your roots) should be flat and laid regardless of which style you choose. Apply some gel to your roots and brush it through your hair to get a smooth finish. In order to get a smooth bun, make certain that the gel you use will not cause your hair to revert back to its original form. If you want the look of neatly set edges, consider using edge control gel. It should be applied to the hair around your hairline, and your baby hairs should be styled how you desire.
Using this product will offer you greater control over your hairs and will not pull them out.
Use a Scarf to Set Your Roots
You’ve been through a lot in order to bring your hair to this stage. A silk or satin scarf is essential for establishing your roots. Tie the scarf around your hairline; this will help to flatten the roots even further. Leave the scarf on for a few minutes while you proceed to the following phase, when you will construct your space buns hairdo.
Create Your Space Buns
It is likely that the most difficult element of the styling procedure will be creating your space buns. To make your space buns, do the following steps:
- Make a rope out of your loose hair by twisting it around itself many times. Make a circular motion with your hair around the base of your ponytail
- This will secure it. Make use of bobby pins to hold the ends in place
It may take a few tries to get the buns to look round, but once you get the hang of it, they’ll look perfect.
For Short Hair
Using adonut bun maker, which you will wrap your hair around, you may get a fuller look if your hair is short or you want more volume.
Braided Space Buns
You may also build a braided bun to add a little extra flare to your look. Make a three-strand braid from the roots to the ends of your hair, wrap the braid around the base of your ponytail, and fasten with bobby pins.
Freeze the Style in Place
If you choose, you may spritz your hair with a holding spray to keep it in place. It helps the style to endure longer, decreases flyaways, and improves the general stability of the bun by adding more volume to it. Once you’ve removed the silk scarf from your hair, you’re finished.
How to Do Space Buns on Natural Hair
Flourishing Space Buns | Natural Hairstyles
How to Do Space Buns With Straight Hair
The Double Bunsl! Hair Tutorial – Two Bunsl!
Pros and Cons of Space Buns
Space buns exude a sassiness and a sense of playfulness that few other hairstyles can match. While the style is fashionable and attractive, it has both advantages and disadvantages that you should be aware of.
The following are some of the advantages of space buns:
- Look that is youthful and fun. No one can dispute the sense of wonderment that space buns elicit. It’s simple to accomplish. It will not take much work to repeat the style once or twice after you have done it the first time or two times. Versatility. Space buns can be made in a variety of ways. You may wear them textured, sleek, or even sloppy according on your preference. You may make them as unique as you’d like. Examples include half space buns, low space buns, classic space buns (as seen in this article), high space buns (also featured in this page), and a variety of other shapes and sizes. Your alternatives are only limited by your ability to think creatively. If you want your buns to stand out even more, you can dye your hair a different color. Protective. Despite the fact that space buns are not a long-term style, they offer protective properties due to the fact that they compel you to tuck your ends away.
- Damage caused by high temperatures. If you’re going to be utilizing heat to straighten your hair throughout the style process, there’s always the possibility of heat damage, also known as Traction alopecia. If you frequently wear your hair in space buns, you may begin to have traction alopecia, which is a loss of hair around the hairline.
- The Different Types of Messy Buns and How to Make Them
- How to Style Bantu Knots on Straight Hair
- Natural Hair Afro Puff Updo
- How to Style Bantu Knots on Straight Hair
Dos and Don’ts of Space Buns
In order to have a pleasant experience with your space buns, make sure you follow the guidelines outlined below.
- In order to have a pleasant experience with your space buns, make sure you follow the guidelines listed below.
- Make sure your ponytails are not too tight. Traction alopecia is extremely difficult to treat, thus prevention is essential! Tie your ponytail holders tightly around the root of your ponytails, but avoid wrapping them around too many times at the same time. Space buns should not be done too frequently. We understand what you’re saying. Because space buns are so stunning, you may find yourself tempted to wear them every single day of the week. Having said that, it is recommended that you allow your hair to rest for a week or longer after wearing it in space buns.
After reading this article, you should know everything there is to know about how to make space buns.