As we all know, two buns are always preferable to one, which is why today’s DIY hair lesson is a double bun! Despite the fact that this hairstyle is a little more whimsical than others, it is also really utilitarian due to the fact that it is extremely secure. So you could wear it for a casual day with friends or something more active like doing errands, exercising, or playing double dutch with a group of pals. Put yourself in touch with your inner Miley Cyrus with this 5-minute double bun DIY.
How to achieve the look.
Lightly tease each ponytail and then wrap each pigtail into a bun and fix it in place with bobby pins.
Pull pieces out slightly that appear to be being pulled tightly in the bun and fix them with hair pins to hold them in place in order to make each bun a bit broader.
Amelia Tatnall is a model represented by Rachel Brewer.
For anyone wondering why today’s hair tutorial appears to be familiar, it’s because I gave you a sneak peak at it when I posted thesunny striped DIY nailstutorial a few of weeks ago.
I’d be interested in hearing your thoughts.
How to Do Space Buns
Documentation Download Documentation Download Documentation The ultimate updo if you’re searching for something a little more out of this world than a ponytail or a top knot, space buns are the way to go. Space buns are casual, playful, and fashionable, and they look great whether you’re attending a music festival or watching Star Wars with your friends. Seeing as it appears that space buns will not be departing our planet anytime soon, we’ve put together this guide to walk you through the process of making space buns from scratch.
Don’t be concerned; making space buns isn’t rocket science at all.
- Using a comb, brush your hair and part it down the center. Comb your hair until it’s smooth and free of knots or tangles, then style it as desired. And make a center part for your hair, use the handle of a rat-tail comb to run it down the middle of your head from your forehead to your nape
- 2 Make two pigtails in a row. Choose whether you want them to be high on the top of your head or low on each side of your nape—experiment to find out what works best for you. Smooth down the hair that will be pulled into the pigtails so that they are smooth and neat when they are finished. Hair ties in the color of your hair should be used to secure the pigtails.
- Allow a few strands around your forehead to hang free for a smoother finish.
- 3 Tease your pigtails if you want to add additional volume to your look. Start by lifting up your first pigtail and combing it a few times, starting at the tips and working your way down to the end of the hair tie. This should be done with the second pigtail as well. If you have thin hair, this is a fantastic idea since it will make your hair look thicker and result in larger space buns at the end of the day.
- If you like, you may wrap three-combhair extensions around the base of your pigtails as an alternative option. This will assist you in getting a bit greater volume
- 4Make your initial pigtail into a rope by twisting it over itself. Take one of your pigtails and twist it away from your face, forming a rope around your neck. The tighter you twist the rope, the sleeker and smaller your bun will come out
- 5Circle the rope into a bun and secure it with a hair band to keep it from falling down. Wrap the rope around the base of the pigtail to secure it in place. To avoid damaging your face, wrap the scarf away from you rather than towards it. Tuck the end of your hair into the bun, and then wrap another hair tie around the base of the bun
- 5 To make the second bun, repeat the procedure. Twist the second pigtail into a rope, then wrap it into a bun to finish it off. Secure the bun with a hair tie after tucking the ends of the rope under it 7 Make any necessary adjustments to your buns. Here’s where you may let your imagination run wild. Using your fingers, gently tug on the outside edges of the buns to loosen the strands if you want them to be messier or more voluminous. To add even more volume to your buns, gently tug on the hair that is being pulled into them to loosen it up. Consider the hair on the top of your head and the sides of your head
- If you accidentally left strands out of your buns, straightening them with a flat iron may be an option. Allowing them to have a wispier appearance by bending the iron towards your face rather than straight down
- 8Spray the space buns with hairspray to hold them in place. If your buns are feeling a little loose, use bobby pins to hold them in place. You can use as many bobby pins as you need. To finish your look, spritz it with hairspray and let it to dry.
- 1Brush your hair and then make a center part with it. Make sure your hair is lovely and silky by combing it. The handle of a rat-tail comb may be used to create a center part in the midst of your hairstyle. Begin at the top of your head and work your way down to the nape of your neck. Using your left half of your hair, drape it over your left shoulder, and your right half over your right shoulder
- 2 Pull one-half of your hair up into a loose bun to keep it off of your face and out of your way. Take the right part of your hair and bind it up with a hair tie to keep it in place. You can wear your hair in a loose bun or even pigtails. This is irrelevant
- The aim is to keep this part of your hair out of your way while you work on the other half. 3 On the left side of your head, pull your hair into a half-up ponytail. Create a horizontal portion on the left side of your head, about at the level of your eyebrows. Make a center part in the rear of your head, beginning at the hairline and finishing at the center part in the front of your head. Organize the hair above the part into a high ponytail and tie it off with a hair knot.
- If you want to wear your ponytail on the top-side of your head, rather than the back-center of your head, do so like a dog ear.
- 4If wanted, tease your ponytail a little. Because you will be working with less hair than you would when creating a basic space bun, it would be a good idea to tease your ponytail a little before you start working. Backcomb your ponytail towards the hair tie with a brush after lifting strands of hair from your ponytail
- 5 Twist the ponytail into a bun and bind it with a hair tie to finish the look. To begin, twist the ponytail away from your face to form a rope with your hair. After that, coil the rope around the base of the ponytail to form a bun with the hair. Tuck the ends of the rope under the bun and secure it with a hair tie at the base
- If you twist the space bun tightly enough, it will become smaller and sleeker in appearance.
- 6Untie the temporary bun from the other side and repeat the process on the opposite side. Return your attention to the right side of your head and remove the loose, temporary bun you formed previously. Create a second half-up ponytail, tease it, and then wrap it into a bun for another look. Another hair tie should be used to secure the bun. 7 If you like, you can tease the remainder of your hair. You are not have to do this, but it is a fantastic way to complete the vintage 90s style in your wardrobe. Alternative: If your buns are nice and sleek, you could straighten the rest of your hair instead.
- Even more volume may be achieved by loosening the hair that is being pulled into the buns. During this stage, you should concentrate on the sides and top of your head
- It is fine if the section in the back-center of your head disappears. You don’t require it any more
- Finish by misting the space buns with hairspray after you’ve made any final adjustments. If your buns are feeling a little loose, use bobby pins to bind them to your hair. Once you’re satisfied with the overall look, lightly mist your hair with hairspray to finish it off. Allow the hairspray to dry completely before heading out
- Using a comb, brush your hair and part it down the center. Make sure your hair is lovely and silky by brushing it out. With the handle of a rat-tail comb, part your hair down the middle from your forehead to your nape
- 2 Pull your hair into two pigtails and knot them together using hair ties to finish the look. Here’s where you may let your imagination run wild. It’s possible to wear two high pigtails at the crown of your head, or two low pigtails at the base of your nape. In order to get a Princess Leia-inspired style, you can even put the pigtails on the sides of your head, just over your ears.
- If you’re looking for something a little more complicated, consider half-up pigtails.
- 3 Braid the pigtails and bind them with clear hair elastics to complete the look. The initial pigtail should be divided into three equal sections. Cross the left and right sections over the central strand to form the braid. Once you’ve used up all of your hair, bind the braid with a clear hair elastic wrapped around the end of it. Repeat this procedure with the other pigtail as well.
- Instead, a 2-strand rope braid can be used to create a more distinctive design. This method is very effective for natural hair.
- 4 If desired, pull on the outside loops of the braids to make them appear more volumized. You are not need to do this, but it is a fantastic technique to add volume to your hair, especially if it is really thin in the first place. Gently tug on the outer loops of the braid starting at the bottom and working your way up till the top
- Repeat the same with the other braid
- 4 If desired, pull on the outside loops of the braids to add volume to them. You are not need to do this, but it is a fantastic technique to add volume to your hair, especially if it is quite thin at the beginning. Gently tug on the outer loops of the braid, starting at the bottom and working your way up to the top
- Repeat this process with the other braid
- 5 Tie the braids into buns and fasten them with hair ties to keep them in place. Pick up the left braid and wrap it around the hair tie to form a bun on the top of your head. Tuck the braid’s end beneath the bun, and then wrap another hair tie around the bun’s base. Repeat with the other braid. Then repeat the process for the other braid.
- Wrap the braids into buns and knot them with hair ties to keep them in place. Grasp the left braid and wrap it around the hair tie to form a bun in your hair. To finish off the bun, tuck one of the braid ends underneath it and wrap another hair tie around the bun’s foundation. Then repeat the process for the second braid.
- 6 Make any necessary adjustments to your hair, then mist it with hairspray. If your buns are feeling a little loose, pin them down along the side edges to the rest of your hair, using as many bobby pins as necessary. As soon as you are satisfied with the appearance of your space buns, spritz them with hairspray and allow the hairspray to dry
- Straightening the rest of your hair for a sleeker look is recommended if you wore braided half-up buns.
Create a new question
- Questions can be added at any time.
More information on the replies Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. Submit
VideoRead Video Transcript
- Make the space buns as clean and elegant as you like, or as loose and sloppy as you want
- The choice is yours. Make some streaks in your hair with hair chalk before you begin to give it a more colorful appearance.
Thank you for submitting a suggestion for consideration!
Things You’ll Need
- Hairbrush, rat-tail comb, four hair ties, Bobby pins, hairspray
- Hairbrush, rat-tail comb, four hair ties, Bobby pins, hairspray
- Hairbrush, rat-tail comb, 4 hair ties, 2 clear hair elastics, Bobby pins, hairspray, and a hair tie holder
About This Article
Summary of the ArticleXTo style your hair into space buns, part your hair down the center. Then, using hair ties, tie each half of your hair into a pigtail on the other side. Twist one of the pigtails with both hands to make it a little more secure. You will achieve smaller and firmer space buns if you twist your hair in a tighter manner. Continue wrapping the twisted hair around the base of the pigtail many times until you have around 4 inches (10 cm) of hair remaining. Put the end of your pigtail below the bun you’ve just created, and secure the bun by putting a bobby pin in the end of your hair where it tucks under the bun and through the bun.
Finally, spritz your space buns with hairspray to ensure that they stay in place throughout the day.
Continue reading for more information, including instructions on how to create braided space buns. Did you find this overview to be helpful? The authors of this page have collectively authored a page that has been read 552,003 times.
Did this article help you?
After all, why limit yourself to one bun when you could have two buns? Space buns are another term for the two bun hairstyle that was made popular by Star Wars heroine Princess Leia (therefore the other common name for the hairstyle: space buns). After then, it became fashionable in the 1990s thanks to celebrities such as the Spice Girls and Gwen Stefani (during herNo Doubtdays). Fast forward to the present day, and this haircut can be found pretty much anywhere—from festivals to your local streets to the red carpet and runway, and everywhere in between.
the festival hair queen!) to demonstrate how to get them.
First, we’ll have a look at what to do.
Divide your hair into two sections.
Begin by dividing your hair (down the center) into two equal portions with a comb or your fingers, then styling them as desired. Next, bind each portion into two low ponytails using hairbands to complete the look. To make your double low buns seem especially smooth and sleek, apply a serum such as theTONI GUY Shine Gloss Serum to help slick down any flyaways and give shine to your hair. Step No. 2
Tease and twist your pigtail.
It’s now time to get down to business! Take your first ponytail and gently twist it all the way down to the end of your hair. Repeat with your second ponytail. Step number three.
Create a bun.
To make a bun form, begin by wrapping your hair around the base of the ponytail and continuing to wrap until you have a bun shape. Once you’ve achieved the desired shape, pin it in place with as many bobby pins as necessary to keep the style in place. Step number four.
Create your second bun.
To construct your second bun, tease and twist your second ponytail like you did with the first. Step number five.
Your two buns hairstyle is complete!
The result is a pair of sparkling double low buns that will steal the show at your next gathering! Suggestions for styling: Worried that your perfectly coiffed buns may come undone? Put some VO5 Ultimate Hold Hairspray on them and they’ll be ready for any party you can throw. In addition to helping to keep your buns in place all day, this fast-drying hairspray will also protect your hair from frizz and humidity. Isn’t that interesting?
Sign up to our newsletter and get exclusive hair care tips and tricks from the experts at All Things Hair.
Articles before and after this one
Hot Right Now
Buns from outer space! These buns have been popping up all over the place lately, and I thought it was about time I shared my take on them with you. Or put a spin on them.? haha! Of course, I enlisted the assistance of my little gal buddy Sav in the production of this movie, and I hope you enjoy it! My approach is somewhat different from most people’s, but I’ve discovered that it is the most consistent way for me to achieve consistent-looking buns. messy buns are amazing, however I have a hard time getting symmetrical messy buns, which is vital when the buns are on the top of the head and adjacent to one other!
- If you remember, I got platinum about a month ago and none of my Laced Hair Extensions matched my new hue, and Lacy had just sold out of all the Platinum shades during their Black Friday sale.
- They’re just stunning!
- Christina Kreitel, my hairdresser, toned them to match my blonde hair and then gave them a root, which I just like!
- And a heartfelt thank you from the bottom of my heart!
- With the internet, you can never be sure how anything will be accepted by the public.
- Our excitement for keeping up with the vlogs is greater than ever!
Then, on Monday, Savy’s very first YouTube video was released, which you may view here. You can see even more pictures of this hairstyle by visiting this link. Now, let’s get back to the space buns. Here are the step-by-step instructions, followed by a video demonstration.
- 1. Make a center part with your hair
- 2. 2. Use hairspray to smooth up any flyaways. 3. If you require single wefts, clip them in place. 4. Tie a portion of hair into a knot for the knot
- 5. Place two fingers in front of the area where you want the bun to be
- And Sixth, pull your hair forward and around your index and middle fingers. 7. Rotate your wrist in a 360-degree circle
- With your middle and index fingers, catch the tail and pull it almost completely through, as seen in picture 8. 9. Using two bobby pins, bind the bun so that the bobby pins cross each other in the middle. In order to ensure that the knot has adequate volume or that the detail is moving in the appropriate direction, I play with it for a second before I secure it. 10. If there is a little bump or bubble, a second bobby pin can be used to secure it in place. 11. Repeat the process on the opposite side.
To make things easier for you, we’ve put up a video to accompany the text instructions. Please enjoy! Aside from the fact that the ending is amusing, I have no clue where Savy gets his ideas. There’s also a step-by-step graphic for you to refer to in case you get stuck! Please feel free to pin this hairdo to one of your beauty boards if you so choose! Thank you so much, beauties! I adore each and every one of you and can’t wait to see you again! xo
15 Ways To Rock The Double Bun Hairstyle
To make things easier for you, we’ve put up a video to accompany the written instructions. I have no idea how Savy comes up with these ideas, but the conclusion is hilarious. There’s also a step-by-step picture for you to refer to in case you get stuck somewhere. It is possible to pin this hairdo to one of your beauty boards if you so choose! Your help is much appreciated, babes! I adore you all and can’t wait to spend more time with you in the future. xo
1. Braided Double Buns
This hairdo is perfect for anyone who enjoys buns and braids as a style. It is possible to braid your hair in the back before creating double buns with your hair. This offers you a bohemian and adorable appearance. Your hair will look fantastic from both the front and the rear of the head.
2. Half Up Half Down Buns
This is for anyone who like wearing their hair in buns or letting their hair down. You may wear your hair in two little double buns and leave the rest of it down if you want. Curling your hair or giving it beach waves can make your double bun hairstyle even adorable, so experiment with it!
3. Basic Double Buns
Those who enjoy wearing their hair in buns or down should check this out. If you want to keep the remainder of your hair down, you can arrange two little double buns. For an even sweeter appearance, curl your hair or give it beach waves before putting it into your double bun.
4. Slight Pigtail Double Buns
This is the style for you if you enjoy letting some of your hair down. A double bun, in essence, with the strands of your hair showing through is what this is. Whoever likes adorable pigtails at the rear of their heads will enjoy wearing this. Your hair will look wonderful in this style, and it’s charming.
5. Half UpHalf Down Curly Buns
Take note of all the curly-haired ladies out there! Yes, it is still possible to wear double buns with curly hair. This is a fantastic technique to style your hair and keep your lovely curls in place. Although it is basic and straightforward, the curled locks will give your hair a more formal appearance.
6. Double Buns With Bangs
Is it true that some individuals are infatuated with bangs? If this is the case, then this double bun hairstyle is perfect for you. Simply twist your hair into two double buns and leave your bangs out to create a charming style for yourself. For those who want their double buns to appear even better, you may also add fake bangs to your hairstyle.
7. Braided Double Buns
This hairstyle is identical to the first double bun, but instead of braiding in your buns, this hairstyle just includes two basic braids in the back to complete the look.
Because there are no braids in the actual space bun, this is another another wonderful hairstyle for you all to replicate and experiment with!
8. Half Down, Half Up, And Braided Double Buns
The majority of your hair will be left down for this particular haircut. The braids, on the other hand, are the nicest part. Your braids will be in the front of your head in a diagonal line, leading up to your double buns at the back of your head. This is a really fashionable appearance for anyone who wishes to experiment with a boho haircut.
9. Lower Double Buns
Double buns are worn all the way to the top of the head by the majority of the population. The low-key double bun is the perfect hairstyle for anybody who prefers a more understated look. Due to the fact that you tie them at the rear of your head rather than the top, it’s similar to pigtails with buns.
10. Hair Chain Double Bun
With a hair chain, you can get a half-down, half-up style that’s a bit more sophisticated than the last one. Anybody who is ready to experiment with this boho hairstyle will be pleased with the results. It’s fashionable, which makes it ideal for festivals and the summer months!
11. Fishtail Double Bun
This fishtail braided double bun hairstyle is perfect for anyone who is infatuated with fishtail braids. Basically, you’ll have your fishtail braids at the top of your head that will flow into a double bun in the back. At the rear of your head, your double buns will be positioned at the bottom.
12. Fishtail Half Down, Half Up Double Buns
This is a haircut that is similar to the one described above. The fishtail braids in this hairstyle, on the other hand, are at the front and top of your head, and they lead into double buns at the top of your head, rather than the back of your head. You’ll also have half of your hair down, which is a nice touch. This double bun hairstyle is ideal for you to try out this season!
13. Twisted Double Buns
You’ll twist strands of your hair before wrapping it into a double bun for this basic yet adorable hairdo. Image courtesy of Shutterstock. The twisted double buns hairstyle will result as a result of this. The top of your hair will be made up of twisted strands of hair that will be tied into buns.
14. Loose Braided Double Buns
You’ll twist strands of your hair before wrapping it into a double bun for this easy yet adorable hairdo. Image courtesy of Pinterest. The twisted double buns hairstyle will result as a result of this process. Top of your hair will be made up of twists of hair that will end up in buns.
15. Straight half down, half up look
You’ll twist strands of your hair before wrapping it into a double bun for this basic yet adorable haircut. The twisted double buns hairdo will result as a result of this procedure. The top of your hair will be adorned with twisted strands of hair that will be tied into buns.
Would you rock a double bun hairstyle? Let us know in the comments below!
Linda Tran is a student at Southern New Hampshire University, where she is majoring in Marketing with a focus on Social Media.
Put Off Wash Day a Little Longer With These 16 Half-Up Bun Hairstyles
Marketing student at Southern New Hampshire University, with a focus on social media, Linda Tran is a recent graduate.
1. Best Half-Bun Hairstyle for Long Hair
Kathleen Kamphausen and Lauren Ahn are the authors of this article. While half-bun hairstyles appear to be really simple, there is a certain amount of talent required to do them well. An alternative method to quickly twisting your hair is to first divide the top half of your hair into a tight ponytail and bind it with an elastic before twisting the rest of your hair into a bun. If you want a little more volume, slightly tug your ponytail to add some height to the top of your ponytail before you continue with the rest of your hairstyle.
Using a few pins, secure the bun in place “data-vars-ga-product-id=”441a44bb-6d6d-44b8-8ccf-7a1fed0a0ab5″ data-vars-ga-product-id=”441a44bb-6d6d-44b8-8ccf-7a1fed0a0ab5″ data-vars-ga-product-id=”441a44bb-6d6d-44b8-8ccf ” data-vars-ga-product-id=”07c3e608-def-4930-ba39-6a1040e983ed” data-vars-ga-product-price=”0.00″ data-vars-ga-product-sem3-brand=” ” data-vars-ga-product-sem3-category=”” data-vars-ga-product-sem3-id=”” data “Apply some hairspray and you’re good to go.
See? That only took about an additional 20 seconds, but the result was enormous.
2. Best Half-Bun Hairstyle for Short Hair
Kathleen Kamphausen and Lauren Ahn are the authors of this article. All righty then, so styling the lob you just bought on the spur of the moment might be a little more challenging, but it’s absolutely still possible. Begin by parting your hair into two sections directly in line with your temples to create the base of your half-bun hairstyle. Gather the top portion of your hair (think: from your hairline to the crown of your head) into a high ponytail at the back of your head. Once your ponytail is secured with an” data-vars-ga-product-id=”68b84375-bd46-4aec-90e0-a4255d729722″ data-vars-ga-product-price=”0.00″ data-vars-ga-product-sem3-brand=”” data-vars-ga-product-sem3-category=”” data-vars-ga-product-sem3 This material has been imported from another source.
3. Best Half-Bun Hairstyle for Fine Hair
Kathleen Kamphausen and Lauren Ahn are the authors of this article. Not to worry, you don’t need to have insanely thick hair to pull off a half-bun hairstyle (it’s called “movie magic, y’all,” after all). Produce loose waves by starting by curling your hair in small portions with a wand held horizontally to create loose curls. Once you’ve finished styling your hair, spritz a dry texture spray around your roots (I likeOribe Dry Texturizing Sprayor” data-vars-ga-product-id=”69641caa-84d4-4808-939e-3b8bd82d320d”>Amika Undone VolumeTexture Spray) to finish.
Finish by twisting your textured strands into a half bun for the ideal look.
4. Best Half-Bun Hairstyle for Wavy Hair
Kathleen Kamphausen and Lauren Ahn are the authors of this article. Do you have thick, wavy hair? This half-bun hairstyle tutorial was created specifically for you. A messy bun is as simple as sectioning off your hair at your temples (bearing in mind that dividing your hair from ear to ear would result in an even wider bun), then twisting the hair around itself to make a bun. To hold it in place, wrap a hair tie around the bun and pin the ends in place for a finished appearance.
5. Best Sleek Half-Bun Hairstyle for Curly Hair
Kathleen Kamphausen and Lauren Ahn are the authors of this article. Simply divide the top half of your hair at the temples and twist it into a tight ponytail if you want a sleek half-bun hairstyle for your curly tresses. Make a twist in your ponytail until it coils into a bun and secure it with bobby pins or an additional hair tie at the base of the elastic. Repeat with the other ponytail. Before you leave the house, be sure to spray your roots with a” data-vars-ga-product-id=”4d86e32c-f38a-4bd9-b13b-9a96d8da41fd” data-vars-ga-product-price=”0.00″ data-vars-ga-product-sem3-brand=”” data-vars-ga-product-sem3-category=”” data-
6. Best Loose Half-Bun Hairstyle for Curly Hair
Kathleen Kamphausen and Lauren Ahn are the authors of this article. Are you looking for something a little more purposely casual and low-key? In order to get this half-bun hairstyle, use your thumbs and collect the top area of your hair from your ears to your neck.
Then, rake your hair to the crown of your head and loosely wrap it around itself, securing it with a cute hair tie (I’m currently obsessed with” data-vars-ga-product-id=”855b0f6f-32b4-43d8-ab80-0a39097c6159″ data-vars-ga-product-price=”0.00″ data-vars-ga-product-sem3-brand=”
7. Best Half-Bun Hairstyle for Straight Hair
Kathleen Kamphausen and Lauren Ahn are the authors of this article. When putting a half-bun hairstyle on straight hair, it’s important to keep the hairstyle in place, so start by sprinkling a” data-vars-ga-product-id=”821dfd46-8410-4f73-8416-501d569870e8″ data-vars-ga-product-price=”0.00″ a texturizing powder along your roots to avoid any slipping. data-vars ga product sem3 brand=” ” data-vars ga product sem3 category=”” data-vars ga product sem3 id=”” data-affiliate-network=” ” data-affiliate=”true”>texturizing powder along your roots to prevent any slipping.
8. How to Part a Half-Bun Hairstyle
Kathleen Kamphausen and Lauren Ahn are the authors of this article. You’re getting a bit tired of your normal half-bun hairstyle? Try something new. Change things up by subtly altering your own appearance. If you want to go for a sassier look, part your hair at the temples and make your bun using a three-inch portion of hair from the hairline to the crown (almost like a refined mohawk). If you want a sleeker appearance, use your thumbs to separate your hair at an angle, collecting all of your hair from ear to ear from the roots to the ends.
9. How to Position a Half-Bun Hairstyle
What’s more, Kathleen Kamphausen and Lauren Ahn have a surprise for you. Even something as simple as shifting the position of your half-bun hairstyle can completely transform your appearance. An elegant half bun at the crown of your head is a traditional go-to for Friday nights, while a half bun at the nape of your neck is adorable and informal for work. This material has been imported from another source. Visiting their website may allow you to access the same stuff in a different format, or it may provide you with even more information than you could get elsewhere.
10. How to Do a Half-Bun Hairstyle With Extensions
Kathleen Kamphausen and Lauren Ahn are the authors of this article. Hair extensions might help you make your half-bun hairstyle appear even more impressive if you want to go all out. As soon as you’ve secured your hair in a bun with an elastic band, clip thin strips of hair extensions all around the base of the elastic. Complete the look by tying the extensions around your bun and pinning them in place. Hey, by the way, if you’re in the market for clip-in hair extensions, these are the finest available.
11. How to Cover Bare Spots in Half-Bun Hairstyles
Kathleen Kamphausen and Lauren Ahn are the authors of this article. I understand how frustrating it may be to finish off a perfectly styled half-bun only to discover that you have a few bare places on your head. Instead of beginning again, apply a little amount of eyeshadow (that matches your hair color) and a small amount of mascara “data-vars-ga-product-id=”5cbf75c0-5f46-4297-9ae1-c265d56ad7ce” data-vars-ga-product-id=”5cbf75c0-5f46-4297-9ae1-c265d56ad7ce” a fluffy brush to disguise the area is used in conjunction with data-vars-ga-product-price=”0.00″ data-vars-ga product-sem3-brand=” ” data-vars-ga product-sem3-category=”” data-vars-ga product-sem3-id=”” data-affiliate-network=”” data-affiliate=”true”> Alternatively, you could purchase a” data-vars-ga-product-id=”caaa3f03-2929-46c5-b0d7-1274b0a82134″” Using the root concealer spray and going to town with it, data-vars-ga-product-price=”0.00″ data variables-ga product sem3-brand=” ” data variables-ga product sem3-category=”” data variables-ga product id=”” data variables-ga product id=”” data variables-ga product id=”” data variables-ga product id=”” data variables-ga product id=”” data
12. How to Keep a Half-Bun Hairstyle in Place
Kathleen Kamphausen and Lauren Ahn are the authors of this article. If the ends of your hair are straight and blunt and constantly popping out of your half-bun, consider curling them beforehand to prevent this from happening. If you choose to keep the rest of your hair straight, that is also OK; simply softly curl the ends of your ponytail so that it can be easily spun into a bun. Keep those pesky little ends from unraveling if you follow these instructions.
13. How to Do a Messy Half-Bun Hairstyle
Kathleen Kamphausen and Lauren Ahn are the authors of this article. Consider beginning your half-bun hairstyle with a looped ponytail if you want it to have a more messy appearance. Then, wrap your hair tie over your loop, allowing the elastic to release and hold the bun in position. Take note that you cannot go wrong with an amessy bun; if yours doesn’t come out exactly right the first time, simply take it out and modify the form with pins until you achieve the desired result.
14. How to Do a Braided Half-Bun Hairstyle
Kathleen Kamphausen and Lauren Ahn are the authors of this article. If you want to liven up your half-bun hairdo, nothing beats a charming tiny braid to do the trick. To get this look, gather your hair from ear to ear and secure the portion with a ponytail. Tease your ends to add some volume to your hair. Then, divide your ponytail into two halves and begin fishtail braiding one section at a time. Using a transparent elastic, wrap it around the base of your bun and pin it in place. This material has been imported from another source.
15. How to Do a Twisted Half-Bun Hairstyle
Kathleen Kamphausen and Lauren Ahn are the authors of this article. This half-bun hairstyle with knots is a smart method to give the illusion of bigger hair. Divide your hair in half and loosely twist the ends once you’ve gathered your hair from ear to ear and fastened it into a high ponytail. Finalize the design by wrapping the two strips of fabric around the base in opposing directions and putting the ends in place.
16. How to Do a Low Half-Bun Hairstyle
Kathleen Kamphausen and Lauren Ahn are the authors of this article. This half-bun hairstyle is so elegant, it’s almost unbelievable how simple it is to achieve. Section the top of your hair and loosely smooth it straight back toward the centre of your head, avoiding the sides of your face. Make a bun out of the ends and pin it with an adorable hairpin. Then, you’re done! Ruby Buddemeyer is a model and actress. Ruby worked as the beauty editor at Cosmopolitan, where she was responsible for all aspects of the magazine’s beauty coverage in print and online.
You may be able to discover further information on this and other related items at the website piano.io.
How to Do Space Buns
Messy buns, ballerina buns, braided buns – it’s safe to say that there’s a perfect bun hairstyle for any occasion out there. When it comes to errands, a sloppy bun is appropriate, a ballerina bun is appropriate for an interview, and a braided bun is appropriate for a special occasion. But what about the joyful, carefree bun hairdo that we can’t seem to get enough of these days?
The hairdo with space buns! You can safely argue that this hairstyle is out of this world—but it’s not out of reach for you. Follow our step-by-step instructions on how to make space buns in the video below.
HOW TO GET A SPACE BUNS HAIRSTYLE
Gather your materials and then begin working on your space bun style. What you’ll need is the following: a brush for your hair Elastics that are transparent Bobby pins are a kind of pin. Advanced Hairstyle from L’Oréal Paris LOCK IT DOWN Controlling the Weather Hairspray How to get the look:
STEP1: BRUSH YOUR HAIR
Start by gathering your ingredients and attempting to recreate the space bun look. You’ll need the following supplies: Blow dryer with a comb Elastics that are visible through the clear. With bobby pins, you may create a professional appearance. Advanced Hairstyle by L’Oréal Paris IT MUST BE SECURE Controlling the weather. Hairspray Obtain the look by visiting the following website:
STEP2: PART YOUR HAIR
Gather your materials and begin working on your space bun style. What you’ll need is as follows: a brush for one’s hair Elastics in a clear color Bobby pins are used for this. LOreal Paris Advanced Hairstyle (L’Oréal Paris Advanced Haircut) KEY IT IN Controlling the weather Hairspray Get the look by visiting:
STEP3: CREATE SOME PONYTAILS
One part of hair should be gathered and tied into a ponytail at the top of your head, toward the back. Make sure to smooth out any kinks that may occur during the process. Your ponytail’s location can be customized to suit your needs; however, bear in mind that the base of your ponytail will be located where your space bun is. Following the completion of one ponytail on one side of your portion, proceed to build a duplicate ponytail on the other side. You don’t want your space buns to seem asymmetrical, so make sure you duplicate your positioning!
STEP4: MAKE YOUR BUNS
To make your space buns, you’ll want to wrap the length of your hair around the base of your ponytail from the front to the back. Hold this freshly created bun in place as you pin it down with bobby pins to finish it off. Make sure to use bobby pins that are the same color as your hair for a seamless appearance! Repeat the process on the opposite side.
STEP5: SEAL THE DEAL
Hairspray should be used to finish the appearance since you don’t want all of your hard work to go to waste. That’s all there is to it, unless you want to go all out and accessorize your space buns for a truly dreamy look. More on it in a moment!
3 WAYS TO MAKE YOUR SPACE BUNS OTHER-WORLDLY
Want to improve the look of your space bun style even further? There are a variety of ways you can make your space buns seem extraterrestrial, and we’ve included three of our favorites below.
OPTION1: ADD COLOR
Surely you agree that such a colorful haircut goes wonderfully with such a joyful color palette? Make your buns pop with a temporary hair color from theL’Oréal Paris Colorista 1-Day Spray or theL’Oréal Paris Colorista Hair Makeup 1-Day Colorlines. Get creative with your hair color! It’s easy to maintain your space buns hairdo with temporary hair colors from both lines because they wash away in only one shampoo. Instead of going full out with color, you may use the wash out hair color to highlight your roots only—this is one of our favorite festival season looks.
OPTION2: ADD GLITTER
Besides being a major hair color trend right now (hello, festival hair), glitter roots are also the perfect technique to help your space buns style seem like it came straight out of the Milky Way.
Sprinkle some glitter throughout your roots and finish the look with some hairspray for a quick and easy look.
OPTION3: ADD FUN HAIR TIES
When everything is said and done, there is no easier way to personalize a space buns hairstyle than by using a few colorful hair ties to bring it all together. Remove the transparent elastics from your wardrobe and replace them with cuffs, coils, and bows. After you’ve finished building your space buns, you can dress them up with a colorful accessory such as a hair clip or a flower crown. You have the entire universe of accessorizing at your disposal. Now that you’ve learned how to do space buns, as well as a few tips and tricks for taking your space buns hairdo to the next level, why not learn how to create the ideal makeup look to go with them?
25 Cutest Two Bun Hairstyles for Women
Double buns are currently at the height of their popularity, and there appears to be no end in sight. And with so many various styling possibilities, it’s really no surprise that this charming hairdo has risen to the top of the hairstyling world’s popularity rankings.
Origin of Double Bun
Do you believe that Miley Cyrus’ twerking head was where the double bun initially appeared? Reconsider your position! The two cinnamon buns have a lengthy history, which may be traced back to Princess Leia, who wore double cinnamon buns in the Star Wars film series. Since then, the trend has developed from Brandy’s stunning twocornerbuns in Moesha to Gwen Stefani’s rockstar platinum blonde mini bun hairstyles to Gwen Stefani’s rockstar platinum blonde mini bun hairstyles. The two buns hairstyle has gained in popularity in recent years, as seen by celebrities such as Kylie Jenner and Rita Ora.
How to Do Two Buns
Two bun hairstyle is quite simple to get. Two elastic hair ties and a handful of bobby pins are all you’ll need to complete this look. Pulling your hair up into two ponytails and wrapping them into buns is what you’ll be doing. Using bobby pins, secure the hair securely and you’re done! In less than 5 minutes, you’ll have a gorgeous, highly stylish haircut on your head. Watch the following video to learn how to arrange your hair in a double bun.
How to Style Two Buns with Hair Down
With the exception of the fact that you will need to cut off portion of your hair to leave down, creating a double bun hairdo with the hair down is practically the same as creating a conventional bun hairstyle. Sectioning your hair into two high ponytails on top can help to keep the top strands in place. You will next wrap the hair into smaller sized double buns and secure them with bobby pins to keep them in place. After that, you may style the remainder of your hair anyway you want: straight, highlighting natural curls, or curling/crimping to your heart’s content.
How to Style DoubleBraided Bun
If you want to place braids in your two buns hair, all you have to do is take a segment of hair and braid it before tying it into a ponytail, as seen below. If, on the other hand, you simply want the braid to be incorporated in the actual bun, draw your hair into a ponytail first and then plait your braids before wrapping them into buns. The braid style you pick will determine the sort of sectioning that will be done. For example, braids starting at the nape of the neck will be French braided all the way up to a high ponytail before being bunned together.
A double bun style with cornrows, on the other hand, will necessitate the creation of multiple portions for braiding from the beginning. Always keep in mind that when creating any sort of two bun hairstyle, you should adhere to the same basic structure:
- In order to style your two buns with braids, all you need to do is separate off a part of hair and braid it before pulling it into a bun. For those who just want the braid to be seen in the real bun, draw your hair into a ponytail first, then plait your braids before wrapping them into buns. Sectioning will be carried out in accordance with the braid style that you have selected. For example, braids starting at the nape of the neck will be French braided all the way up to a high ponytail before being bunned in the front. A double bun style with cornrows, on the other hand, will require numerous sections to be braided before it can be completed. When creating any sort of two bun hairstyle, it’s important to know that you should always follow the same basic format:
Create and style two braided buns with the help of the video tutorial below.
Double Buns vs Space Buns
Space buns and double buns are essentially the same item, and the terms can be used interchangeably when referring to the same thing. While some may claim that space buns have a larger appearance and are put more on the sides of the head, two buns may be worn in a variety of fashions including a half updo, tight at the top of the head, and loosely pushed together, among others.
Amazing Two Buns Hairstyles
The following are the many bun hairstyles that Princess Leia wore in Star Wars. Take a look at these two buns to see how you may change your look.
1. StackedBallerina Buns
A haircut like this should be used as inspiration if you wish to achieve elegance in your appearance. Her two buns are placed on top of one other and neatly wrapped to form the traditional, stylish ‘ballet bun.’ The elegance and beauty of ballerina buns are undeniable, but we love how she added a modern twist to her look by stacking them one on top of the other. The addition of the beaded hairpiece completes the look with a nice finishing touch. Pull your hair back into two small ponytails that are stacked on top of one another.
Check to see that the buns have been touched.
2. Rocker Buns
The theme of this punk rock ensemble is one of individuality and creativity. Colors like deep scarlet and violet-blue are thrilling and punk, while the themessy bunhalf updo keeps things appearing modern and entertaining. The rich colors she chooses for her appearance lend a personal touch, and the strands of hair left out of her bun and in front of her face give her hair some character and dimension. Even if you don’t have brightly colored hair, you can pull off this look. Separate your hair into two sections: top and bottom.
It’s important not to wrap the buns too tightly since you want some strands to slip out.
3. LowDutch Braided Buns
This outfit exudes every ounce of appeal you could possibly desire. Double low buns with a Dutch braid are a wonderful hairstyle that combines the softness of a Dutch braid with the pleasant design of two low buns. What was the ultimate result? A brilliant and beautiful finish that is appropriate for any and all occasions. Despite its delicate shape, this hairstyle is quite feminine, making it ideal for the woman who prefers to have a softer, more ladylike appearance. Organize your hair by splitting it down the center and starting with a Dutch braid on both sides.
At this stage, you can begin to twist the ends together to produce buns that are not too tightly wound.
4. Ninja Buns withSide Bangs
Quirky? Cute? Kittenish? What do you think about all of the above? This outfit exudes every ounce of coyness you could ever want in a person. It’s simply oh, so darn adorable!
Hairstyle two buns is a basic and incredibly lovely way to wear your hair, and the side-swept bangs provide a touch of sensuality and modernity to your appearance. The trick to this style is to wear your hair in tight buns! Just make sure you don’t let your side bangs get in the way of the game.
5. Double Bun withNape Undercut
Talk about being feisty. When it comes to displaying a distinct personality and displaying strong ingenuity, this style knows no bounds. The planned fade in the rear is really captivating, and the double buns at the top let the fade to take center stage without competing with the buns. To put it simply, this outfit is brimming with 1960s-style sophistication. It’s a failsafe way to create both assertiveness and beauty at the same time. You’ll need to start with a fade to get things going. It is not required that you utilize this exact design.
Wrap the remaining hair into two enormous buns that are high on the head.
6. Mousey Two Buns
Seeing this appearance and immediately conjuring up images of Minnie Mouse, you’d be absolutely correct. On either side of the head, this attractive hairstyle contains two buns that are brimming with height, while the rest of the main is wonderfully curled just a tad to provide a sense of seductive appeal to the whole look. It’s adorable and feisty, and it makes a statement in a crowded room. On either side of the head, you will want to make incredibly high and voluminous buns. The remainder of the hair will be lightly curled and ruffled up for a flirty look that will complement the rest of the outfit.
7.Half Up Half Down
With braids, you can never go wrong when it comes to hairstyling. Many two braided bun hairstyles need you to piece the braids back together, but she opts for a more elegant and clean appearance by eliminating the extra plaits and throwing them all into her buns instead. This look is nothing short of perfect. This sensationally delicate finish is created by the silky and straight hair that lies behind the tightly wrapped braids, which might be seen in even the most opulent of settings. Begin by splitting your hair into two sections: the top and bottom half.
Wrap the strands tightly around your fingers and tighten the knots.
8. Classic Double Bun DO
With this style, you may go back to the origins of double updos. It’s up to date to the extreme and has a flirtatious, playful finish that’s perfect for school or summer activities. Space buns were the first hairstyle to gain popularity, and they continue to do so now. It’s simple and quick to put together, as well as charming and flirtatious. This is the ideal mix! This style may be completed in a matter of minutes. All you have to do is part your hair down the center and draw it into two ponytails on opposing sides of your head, which you will then wrap into tight buns to finish.
9. Flowery Two Buns
This style takes you back to the origins of double updos. It’s ultra-trendy, and the finish is flirtatious and lively, making it perfect for school or summer days. Space buns were the first hairstyle to become fashionable, and they continue to be trendy today. It’s simple and quick to put together, as well as adorable and fun. Everything works together well! In only a few minutes, you can get this look done.
You just separate your hair down the center and pull it into two ponytails on opposite sides of your head, which you then wrap into tight buns. It couldn’t be easier! Leave a few additional strands around the face to frame the face and give the appearance of a more relaxed appearance.
10.Braided Space Bun
Earlier, we discussed the casual attractiveness of very tousled french braids; however, this diva takes a completely different approach to her hair. She is influenced by bohemian tastes, and her plaits are tight and lead back to rustled buns that are delicately rustled. She adds a little flow to her tresses to complete off her boho bun look. Stunning! Everything with a bohemian motif is popular these days, so this is a surefire hit with the whole community. This is a simple style to achieve. You want to divide your half into two halves: the top half and the bottom half.
To add waves to the rest of your hair, use a heated tool or a hair product to create movement.
11. Posh Stacked Mini Buns
This hairstyle exudes high-fashion glamazon appeal, thanks to the tightly wrapped micro braids that are layered directly on top of one another in this style. This modelesque look, created by having strands neatly glazed back to two little buns, keeps strands out of the face and allows facial features to be more visible. Simple styling is required: simply pull back hair into two ponytails in the centre of the head, then wrap into tight buns to finish. Keep your hair out of your face and away from your ears, although a little looseness in the bun is OK.
12.Japanese Bun Hairstyle
Is your hair refusing to cooperate today? Do you just want to add a splash of color and flair to your ensemble? The addition of an accessory like this makes it simple to change your appearance. The headband adds a pop of intrigue and joy to her complete ensemble while also giving her a more distinct and individualistic appearance. All you have to do to get this style is tie your hair into two buns like you normally would. Finally, add your chosen headpiece, whether it is a bright broad headpiece like this or something more slender and one-toned.
The only thing we can say about this outfit is that it is stunning. With a side-by-side double bun pattern that replicates the modernbun Mohawk, this look is a charming blend of neatly wrapped cornrows with strong attitude. Everything about this style oozes with originality and a strong sense of self-expression. It’s completely one-of-a-kind, extremely flashy, and a real head-turner. Cornrows should be ideally positioned to begin. Bring them up into two large buns with lots of height, one in front of the other, and secure them with a hair tie or a hair clip.
14. Unicorn Buns
Hair like a unicorn. How many times do we have to tell you how much we adore these buns?! The unicorn tints in her hair are truly stunning, and when placed into two loose buns, we get a haircut that is both fashionable and competitively effective. The topknots should be tied together with a little additional hair dangling out the sides.
15. Zig-Zag Parted Messy Two Bun
Despite the fact that this style appears to be a variation on the classic two-messy buns for long hair, the zig-zag pattern in the design adds a little additional spice to it. With the addition of patterns, this design takes a traditional, on-trend appearance and gives it a completely new spin. In addition, you are not limited to zig-zag patterns alone.
Make it your own by choosing from a choice of various patterns that are all produced just for the crown! When you separate your hair before tying it up into buns, you’ll want to use a somewhat sharp object to implant the zig-zag pattern into the crown of your hair before wrapping it up into buns.
A splash of softness to your low buns drastically changes the look of the hairstyle. It is possible to attend any formal event, such as a wedding or graduation, while sporting this delicate ‘do. The addition of a braided plait to offer these bun hairdos more suppleness and tenderness around the face enhances the sassy appeal of these bun hairdos. Beginning at the base of the hairline, part your hair down the center and braid it. Follow the braid all the way down the side of your head to the back of your head.
Bobby pins can be used to keep the hair in place.
17. BraidedBow Bun
Double bow buns are really popular right now, but sticking with the same old design might get boring after a while. Try incorporating some of your own personality into this design, like this nice lady did, to make it a little more distinctive. This outfit exudes a carefree, ‘just rolled out of bed’ attitude that is both casual and fashionable. You’ll want to divide your hair into two sections for this look: the upper section and the lower section. Make a split along the middle and braids on both sides of the split.
The strands of the French braid should be pulled lightly in order to get a more relaxed, scrunched-up finish.
18.French Braided Buns
Who said braids have to be on the top of the head all the time? With this amazing style, you may switch things up a bit and draw attention to the rear of your head. By incorporating upside down French braids from the bottom to the top of the head on the back of the head, she achieves an overall style that is highly pleasing to the visual senses. It appears as though she is braiding the rest of her hair as well, which adds complexity and nuances to her bun. Begin by separating your hair in half and braiding it from the bottom of your head upward.
Maintaining the ponytailed strands all the way to the ends, wrap them into a bun on both sides and tying them neatly together.
19. GlitteryMessy Topknots
When it comes to glitter, you can’t go wrong, as this outfit demonstrates. Sassy yet sweet, her style is a winning combination if you want to keep everyone’s attention for the duration of the evening. Using Dutch braids in a half updo is a fantastic way to stay on trend, and we absolutely adore this style. The first step in styling this style is to divide your hair into two half. Double Dutch braids leading back to the buns should be plaited with the upper half. Add a layer of glitter along the centre, like this charming lady did, for a little more pizazz.
20. Double Bun withPompadour
We’re all familiar with the appeal and popularity of the pompadour, and it looks even better when it’s coupled with a trendy two-bunned half-updo hairdo like the one seen here. With the additional height provided on top for a pompadour, you may lengthen your face and make it look more slim in comparison to other styles. As far as the half updo is concerned, it is extremely fashionable and is given an elegant makeover by the perfectly coiled curls at the bottom of the hairstyle.
Tease, tease, and more tease! When it comes to this particular hairdo, teasing is the name of the game. Tease your hair in the front with a lot of force before rolling it into two side-by-side buns. The remainder of the hair should be curled into smaller, more noticeable coils.
21. FunkyLow Messy Buns
Low buns don’t necessarily have to be tight, beautiful, or precisely placed; they can be casual and relaxed. With her hair spiking up on top, this woman chooses to change things up a bit and give the overall look some bounce and fun personality to it. It’s a lot of fun, and it’s really cool! Make sure to leave some excess hair out on the ends of low buns so that they can’spike’ up and provide volume and complexity to the style.
22. Extra Braided Low Buns
French braids, Dutch braids, no braid; no one ever mentions the term “additional braids” anymore. To embrace the well-known saying “the more the merrier,” this woman incorporates a range of various braids into her two low bun hairdo, creating a lovely collection of plaits that offer a great deal of texture. All of the braids give this style a whole new level of depth, resulting in a finished look that is not only unusual, but also highly coveted. Whether you want one, two, three, four, or as many braids you want, you can do it!
Wrap it all up in thick, wonderful low buns that show off those outstanding plaits to their best advantage.
23. Half up Two Buns
The secret to this half-elegance updo’s is its simplicity, and we couldn’t be more in love with it. The stacked buns have the appearance of a bouquet of flowers, which elevates this style to a feminine powerhouse that is guaranteed to be admired. Pull the top of your hair back into two ponytails that are piled one on top of the other while putting your half updo together. Wrap the ends into braids and you’re finished!
24. Buns withFrench Bangs
The fact that your bangs can fit into your double updo does not always imply that they should. Allowing your bangs to droop over your eye will give you a more coquettish finish that will make any man’s heart skip a beat. A playful and exciting style is achieved with the use of her bangs, which infuse a new lease of youthful vitality into her overall appearance. Leave your long bangs out of your double buns hairstyle as you’re putting it together. Gently curl the ends of your lashes in so that they gradually flow over your eye for a delicate, elegant appearance.
25. DoubleChignon Buns
A chignon will always be the most beautiful hairstyle ever. I don’t know what it is about those delicate twists of hair, but they create a beauty that can’t be adequately described. You may, however, make a traditional chignon even more delectable by adding a lowFrench buninspiration as a finishing touch. It’s elegant, it’s soft, and it’s one of the most classical and luxurious hairstyles we’ve ever seen, and it’s perfect for any occasion. Not to mention the fact that it has an overpowering stylish feel to it!
Toss into two separate buns that are placed next to each other.
When it comes to trendy hairstyles, two buns hairstyles are now the most popular, and they don’t appear to be losing their appeal anytime soon.
There’s no doubt about it: whether you’re sporting a half-updo with curly ends or showing off your natural curls in a set of space buns, your hair will always be on-trend no matter where you go.