Purchase a six-pack of top-cut buns from Maine Lobster Now now and use them to create some traditional lobster or crab rolls. This form of bun is known as “New England” style because of the way the top is sliced, which makes them ideal for placing underneath a mound of buttery lobster flesh.
6-Pack Country Kitchen Lobster Roll Buns
Fresh lobster meat–available by the pound–makes an excellent complement with these rolls, as does purchasing one of our live lobsters if you appreciate the process of shelling your own lobster. Alternatively, these rolls are a delicious accompaniment to any of our seafood soups or chowders.
Order 6-Pack Country Kitchen Lobster Roll Buns Today
Check out our assortment of fresh lobster meat–available by the pound–or purchase one of our live lobsters if you prefer the thrill of shelling your own lobster. Alternatively, these rolls are a fantastic accompaniment to any of our seafood soups or chowders.
Check out our assortment of fresh lobster meat–available by the pound–or purchase one of our live lobsters if you prefer the pleasure of shelling your own lobsters. These rolls are also a fantastic accompaniment to any of our seafood soups or chowders.
Seafood is available for purchase at HomeShop. Lobster SpecialsLobster RollsFrom$ 188.95In stockLobster RollsFrom$ 188.95In stock Order the greatest Lobster Rolls from the comfort of your own home. Make it both ways: with hot buttered bread and with mayonnaise! Up to 8 crustacean-packed sandwiches may be made with two pounds of quality lobster flesh and top split buns. Choose a delivery date that works for you. Choose from TUE to SAT*Order by 1 PMEST on the day of your choice. Earn up to 35,900Sand Dollars if you want it delivered the next day.
- If you can’t go to a lobster roll shack, make your own.
- Spend less time in traffic and less money on overpriced tourist traps by having an overloaded lobster roll delivered to your home or office.
- Fish and Lobster SpecialsLobster RollsStarting at $ 188.95In stockMore fish and lobster specials The finest Lobster Rolls may be found online at a reasonable price.
- Up to 8 crustacean-packed sandwiches may be made using two pounds of quality lobster meat and top split buns.
- *Order by 1 PMEST on any day from Tuesday to Saturday.
- There is one product for each of these.
- No time to visit a lobster roll stand?
Make your own lobster roll at home. Get your hands on a delicious version of Maine’s favorite summer sandwich by ordering it online. Spend less time in traffic and less money on overpriced tourist traps by having an overloaded lobster roll delivered to your home or business.
Order Lobster Rolls Online!
Seafood may be found in your local grocery store. Lobster SpecialsLobster RollsFrom$ 188.95 in stockLobster RollsFrom$ 188.95 in stock Order the greatest Lobster Rolls online from the comfort of your own home. Make it both ways: with hot buttered bread or with mayonnaise! Up to 8 crustacean-packed sandwiches may be made with two pounds of quality lobster flesh and top split buns! Choose a delivery date that works best for you. Choose from TUE to SAT* and place your order by 1 PMEST. Earn up to 35,900 Sand Dollars if you want it delivered tomorrow.
Not able to make it out to a lobster roll shack?
Avoid the gridlock on the beach and the overpriced tourist traps by having an overloaded lobster roll delivered to your door.
- 2 lbs. of excellent lobster flesh frozen from the ocean
- 8 pepperidge Farms top split rolls
- 5.5 oz. of Maine Sea Salt Butter
- 8 pepperidge Farms top split rolls In addition, a 7-ounce box of real New England salt water taffy was included for pleasure. Contains a cooking and handling handbook with recipes and instructions
- In order to impress your pals, you must demonstrate your toasting abilities.
Two Lobster Roll Kits provide between 12 and 16 overloaded Lobster Rolls when used together. You will receive the following:
- 16 real top split rolls
- (2) 5.5 oz. tubs of Maine Sea Salt Butter
- And two bags of genuine Maine salt water taffy are included in this package.
How Much Do Lobster Rolls Cost?
With our 8 pack package, you’ll pay around $22 per (4 ounce) roll delivered, and approximately $17 per roll with our 16 pack kit.
Instructions / Care
- The jumbo chunk lobster flesh is sent frozen in a dry bag, with no water or brine added. If possible, thaw your meat in the refrigerator overnight to ensure a tender result. Do you want to get lobster rolls delivered for a particular occasion? Plan ahead and have your lobster rolls delivered a few days in advance, then store them in the refrigerator. However, who has the patience to wait so long? Lobster meat may be kept refrigerated for 2-3 days or frozen for up to 6 months, but who does that?
Make sure you order your lobster rolls at least a day or two before you want to make them!
- Shipping is completely free. Live Lobster from $ 38.95
- Back Bay SurfTurf from $189.00
- Free delivery on all orders. Dinner at the Kennebunkport SurfTurf Restaurant starts at $229.00. Shipping is completely free. A special deal on lobster bisque is available for $ 89.00
- Free delivery is available on lobster tails for $ 149.95.
Lobster Roll (with Juicy Lobster and Mayo!)
Shipping is absolutely free. Live Lobster from $ 38.95; Back Bay SurfTurf from $189.00; Free delivery. $ 229.00 for a dinner at the Kennebunkport SurfTurf Restaurant. Shipping is absolutely free. Spectacular Lobster BisqueOn sale for $89.00; free delivery with Lobster TailsSpecialFrom $149.95
Lobster Roll Recipe
Lobster roll is one of my favorite summertime dishes to make. There’s something about those New England split-top hot dog buns that are flawlessly toasted and loaded with lobster salad that’s dripping with mayonnaise. Lobster flesh and claws are used in this dish, which is the finest ever since it uses only fresh, delicious, juicy lobster claws and lobster meat. With a mouthful of the lobster and a crunch of the bread, I’m transported to New England. In restaurants, each lobster sandwich may easily cost $20 to $25, but making them at home can save you up to half of that amount of money.
How to Make Lobster Rolls?
The following are the steps to follow:
- Boil and boil the live lobsters until they are cooked through. Crack the lobster shells and set them aside to cool before cutting the lobster flesh and lobster claws into pieces. Honey, lemon juice, salt, and freshly ground black pepper are used to season the lobster along with the mayonnaise and seasoning components. In a pan, warm the buns on one side only, browning the other side as well. Stuff the lobster salad into the buns and serve.
- This recipe calls for live lobsters, which you can purchase at your local seafood market. Because lobster meat is so sweet, juicy, and tasty, live lobsters transmit the most flavor because they are the most succulent. There are various supermarkets and seafood businesses where you may get live lobsters. If you can’t obtain live lobsters, you may substitute frozen lobster tails or cooked lobster. If you can get New England split-top hot dog buns, by all means purchase them
- Otherwise, don’t bother.
Frequently Asked Questions
Split-top hot dog buns in the manner of Maine or New England are difficult to come across at typical grocery stores. They may be available on Amazon, as well as at certain Target and Walmart shops. You may use ordinary hot dog buns and simply clip a small amount off the bottoms of both sides of the buns. Because the sides of the buns are covered with butter and then roasted to a beautiful brown, lobster rolls are exceptionally delicious. Here’s the trick to making every mouthful buttery and crunchy, exactly like the greatest in Boston!
How Many Calories Per Serving?
The calories in this lobster roll recipe are only 325 calories per roll or 325 calories per dish.
What to Serve with Lobster Rolls?
With a side serving of potato chips and a cool summer beverage such as sparkling watermelon lemonade, this dinner is perfect for summer entertaining.
My recommendations for summer entertaining with friends and family include the meals listed below. Learn how to make quick and easy dinners! Preparation time: 10 minutes Approximately 15 minutes to prepare Time allotted: 25 minutes
- 4 cups water for boiling (use 1 1/2 cups of water every 1 pound of lobster)
- 2 lbs. lobster (use 1 1/2 cups of water each 1 pound of lobster) (0.1 kg) a live little lobster or a half pound of lobster tails (0.2 kg) lobster meat that has been cooked 3-1/2-tablespoon mayonnaise, 1-1/2-tablespoon honey, 1-1/2-tablespoon lemon juice, 1-1/2 teaspoon salt, 3-1/2-tablespoon crushed black pepper, 1/2-tablespoon chopped chives, 3 hot dog buns, 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Bring the water up to a rolling boil. Cook the lobsters for about 8 minutes, covered, until they are brilliant red
- Remove from heat. Remove the lobster from the pan and set it aside to cool. Crack the lobster shells open and remove the flesh from the tail and claws of the lobster. To prepare the lobster flesh, cut it into bite-size pieces. Combine the mayonnaise, honey, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, and chives in a separate bowl and put it aside to cool. Reduce the size of the hot dog buns by about 1/4 inch on both sides. Spread the butter down the sides of the pan. Heat a pan over medium heat and cook the sides until they are beautifully toasted and golden brown, about 5 minutes total time. The lobsters should be stuffed into the buns’ inside. Serve as soon as possible
Serving Size: 3 peopleAmount Per Serving: Calories325 20 g of total fat 7 g of Saturated Fatty Acids Cholesterol133mg Sodium690mg Carbohydrates24g Fiber1g Sugar5g Protein19g
a serving for three peopleAmount per serving Calories325 Fat in total: 20 grams Glycerol (7 g) is a saturated fat. Cholesterol133mg Sodium690mg Carbohydrates24g Fiber1g Sugar5g Protein19g
Amount Per Serving:1 (1142) g Servings Per Recipe:1 AMT. PER SERVING percent AMT. PER SERVING percent PERFORMANCE ON A DAILY BASIS The calories are 2787.8 and the calories from fat are 873 g31 percent. 100 grams of total fat (149 percent) Saturated fat accounts for 41.2 g205 percent of total fat. Cholesterol 697.2 mg 232 percent Cholesterol Carbohydrates in total: 394.2 g (131 percent). 14.6 g dietary fiber (58 percent of total) Sugars account for 6.1 g24 percent.
- In a large mixing basin or the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the yeast and sugar with 1/4 cup of the warm water until well combined. Allow the mixture to stand for 5-10 minutes, or until it gets frothy. The yeast is able to “bloom” when this occurs. Add the salt and flour and mix well. Lightly whisk together 2 of the eggs and the milk in a separate dish and add this mixture to the bowl
- 3 tablespoons of butter should be melted and added at this point
- Prepare the remaining 1/4 cup warm water in a separate container. If you are combining by hand, start by adding some of the water and mixing until the water is completely incorporated
- Use a dough hook if you’re using an electric mixer, then jog the machine (by turning it on and off) until the dough begins to form. This stops the flour from bursting out of the mixing bowl during the mixing process. As required, replenish the heated water with cold water. Normally, the dough consumes the entire quantity
- When a soft dough has formed, knead it for 5 minutes on a machine or for around 8 minutes by hand until smooth. The texture of this bread is soft, and it does not require as much kneading as chewier varieties. The completed dough should be soft yet thick, and it should not be sticky in the slightest. Form the dough into a ball and lightly coat it with the salad oil to prevent it from sticking together. Put everything in a large mixing basin
- Spread out on a baking sheet and let aside in a warm area for about 1 hour, or until the dough has about doubled in size
- Remove the dough from the bowl and place it on a work surface. Dust the work area with a light layer of flour
- Form the dough into a square shape
- Cut the dough into 13 equal pieces with a knife, then set them aside. Cutting 12 pieces and utilizing scraps to form the thirteenth is the ideal method
- If there isn’t enough dough for the thirteenth piece, squeeze a small bit off the other parts. 1 tablespoon of the remaining butter should be used to gently oil a baking sheet that is at least 15 inches long
- Form the dough into 7-inch-long tubular segments that are consistent in size (or buy a New England Hot Dog Roll pan from the site above). Ensure that all of the pieces are the same length as one another. Create a line of tubes down the center of the baking sheet, side by side, with a 1/2″ space between them. Place the pan in a warm location and let it to rise a second time. To make a thick egg wash, whisk 2 tablespoons water into the remaining egg yolk. In 15 to 20 minutes, the tubes of dough will have risen to the point where they will be touching one other. Brush the tubes generously with egg wash, return the pan to a warm location, and allow the dough to rise until it has almost doubled in size, 10-15 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Placing the buns in the oven and baking for around 30 minutes or until deep golden brown is recommended
- Set aside for at least 15 minutes on the baking sheet, and then run a spatula beneath them to ensure that they are not adhering to the pan. Carefully transfer the cooked dough in one piece to a cooling rack using 1 or 2 spatulas to prevent it from crumbling. It is critical that the buns do not crack or rip apart throughout the baking process. After 1 hour, when the cooked dough has completely cooled, transfer it to a cutting board in one piece
- Use a serrated knife to cut each tube down the middle with a straight edge. On either end of the tube, you will lose half of the tube (which is why you need 13 tubes to make 12 buns). This is the location where the tubes came together
- It is now the center of each bun. In order to fill them, you can create a little incision to guarantee that they open spontaneously
- However, you should avoid doing so if at all possible. Plastic wrap should be used to protect the buns until they are ready to be used. In the event that you do not plan to utilize all 12 buns, freeze the excess and thaw them as required. Note:
- If you want to infuse your dough with the subtle flavor of saffron, cut 1 teaspoon saffron threads and place them in a small pan with 1/4 cup water to make a paste
- Using medium-high heat, bring the mixture to a boil, then turn off the heat
- Allow to cool to lukewarm before substituting for the 1/4 cup water used in the mixing process. The dough will be golden when it comes out of the oven, so keep an eye out for a dark brown top before pulling it out.
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
“These scrumptious New England style rolls are great for creating lobster, clam, and scallop rolls, and are marketed only in New England. Restaurants and clam shacks all along the Maine, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts coast rely on these delectable rolls with high edges, which may be brushed with butter and grilled for the BEST “Roll” ever! They’re also delicious steamed for hot dogs and toasted on the grill for dogs, sausages, and brats, among other things. This dough is soft and flexible, thanks to the addition of eggs and butter, and it does not require extensive kneading.
To reiterate, you can shape these without using the pan, but they will not be nearly as high on the edges or as uniformly shaped as you would want them to be.
The simplicity of a typical lobster roll is what makes it so good. The important elements in this summertime favorite are tender, sweet pork, a buttery bread, and a hot summer day in which to enjoy it. However, just because something is straightforward does not imply that it is simple. We chatted with BAassociate food editor Claire Saffitz, as well as Steve Kingston, the proprietor of The Clam Shack in Kennebunkport, Maine, to get the inside scoop on this dish. Make No Effort to Accept Substandard Lobster Meat Despite the fact that all lobster is delicious, not all lobster is made equal.
- Kingston of The Clam Shack advocates utilizing new-shell (also known as soft-shell) lobster whenever available, as opposed to hard-shell lobster when practicable.
- It is Saffitz who goes one step further, stating that the tastiest flesh is obtained from the lobster knuckle.
- According to her, “the knuckle is already nicely torn and quite delicate.” This does not imply that you should purchase a dozen lobsters, remove the shells, and discard the remainder of the lobsters.
- There are two additional principles to follow in order to have the finest beef possible: Never, ever use frozen lobster, and stay away from massive lobsters.
- Maintain control of the 5-pound monster until you find another sucker.
- Don’t Be Afraid to Use a Little Salt (Water) If you’re lucky enough to obtain entire, live lobsters, you’ll need to cook them in salt water until they’re cooked through.
- Due to the fact that the Clam Shack has access to saline water from the Atlantic Ocean, the water used to cook their lobsters has salinity.
Open the canister to the “pour” spout and use the canister to circle the rim of the stock pot three times with it.
First, eat the tails and claws, and then keep the knuckle for rolling purposes.
A lobster roll is not a good technique to cover up for subpar meat.
Avoid overcrowding the pot in order to do this.
As a result of overcrowding the pot after it comes to a boil, the water temperature will decrease dramatically, resulting in the lobsters taking longer to cook and perhaps becoming rough.
Are you unsure whether your lobster is fully cooked?
Release the tail when it has been flexed.
If it travels back slowly, it indicates that additional time is required.
A longer cooking time may always be added, but too much time spent in the pot cannot be reversed.
Don’t be a skeptic.
Traditionally, a split-top New England-style hot dog bun has been the preferred option, but whatever you select, you must promise us the following: You will not be making utilization of hard bread.
It’s best if the roll is soft, spongy, and only slightly sweet.
The combination of keeping the interior soft and the outside golden and crispy creates a lovely textural contrast against the tender lobster meat on the inside.
Butter or Mayonnaise: You Must Make a Decision According to Kingston, the typical New England lobster roll dressing is mayonnaise, although melted butter is also a perfectly adequate substitute for this.
If you’re going to use mayonnaise, use only a small amount.
According to Kingston, “don’t use it to cover the meat.” If you’re using butter, sprinkle it over the meat and serve it right away.
To be clear, we are officially granting you permission to consume an excessive amount of lobster rolls.
Nobody needs any stinking plates around here.
You are not obligated to choose between hot and cold.
A more moderate approach is preferred by Saffitz, who believes that “a lobster roll should be served at room temperature.” she adds.
Kingston agrees, noting that after the lobster is cooked, it is no longer necessary to season it with salt and pepper: “You don’t even need to season it with salt and pepper anymore.” Not only did you boil it in salt water, but it also grew and lived in it.
In our opinion, a small bit of minced tarragon, shaved chives, or celery salt are all suitable seasonings. Do you want to dress it up a little with lettuce? Please, no more than an iceberg. “I don’t want arugula on my lobster roll,” Saffitz expresses his displeasure.
King’s Hawaiian Lobster Roll
Are you looking for a unique way to spice up the cuisine at your next luau? Why not try a buttery, Northeastern lobster roll on a sweet King’s Hawaiian Mini Sub to satisfy your craving? Are you looking for a unique way to spice up the cuisine at your next luau? Why not try a buttery, Northeastern lobster roll on a sweetKing’s Hawaiian Mini Sub for a unique and delicious lunch option? Despite the fact that these meals originate in countries that are nearly half a globe apart, they combine to produce a delicious flavor combination that will impress the entire family.
You are under no obligation to share with your family and friends how simple this recipe is to prepare.
- 1 small lobster tail
- 14 cup genuine mayonnaise
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 4 King’s Hawaiian Mini Sub Rolls
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small lobster tail This recipe makes 4 servings.
Begin by immersing the lobster tail in boiling water for a few minutes. When it’s completed boiling, it will become a vivid red color. Meanwhile, heat the butter in a frying pan and add the minced garlic, stirring constantly. Allow for approximately 60 seconds of sizzling. Then, mix the melted butter and garlic with the mayonnaise, salt, and pepper to make a smooth sauce. Removing the lobster meat from the shell when it has completed cooking is a simple process. The first step is to remove the tail’s end by twisting it.
- Slice or dice the meat into bite-size pieces.
- Spread a small coating of butter on the interior of the King’s Hawaiian Mini Sub Roll to prevent it from sticking together.
- Prepare by filling the King’s Hawaiian Mini Sub Roll with the buttery lobster and serving it immediately.
- Line them with parchment paper to give them a hint of a restaurant appearance.
- What are some of your favorite ways to spice up a classic luau celebration?
New England Hot Dog Buns
New England Hot Dog Buns have been around for a long time for a reason. The inclusion of milk powder gives the dough a particular soft and delicious texture, and the straight sides are great when toasted and crispy, and when they are a golden brown color!
New England hot dog buns are absolutely scrumptious when stuffed with buttery lobster!
It’s for a good reason why New England Hot Dog Buns are a classic. While the inclusion of milk powder makes the dough distinctively soft and tasty, it is the crisp, golden-brown straight edges that are great when toasted and crispy.
What I love about New England hot dog buns…
This is how you toast the sides of the bread with butter till they are lovely and toasty and buttery and golden brown. mmmmm. The result is a rich, buttery bun that is crunchy on the surface and pleasantly soft and milky on the interior, thanks to the use of more butter. I’ve previously posted this traditional hot dog bun recipe, which has proven to be very popular on my site as a result. That recipe also works for these New England hot dog buns, which you can get here. This recipe, on the other hand, is different in that it has a bit more butter and also contains milk powder, which results in a dough that is more soft and slightly milky in flavor.
- Putting the dough together.
- Although the sides of the mixer bowl will be clean, the dough will stick to the bottom.
- These lobster roll buns will require a specialist pan in order to get the desired smooth side surfaces.
- You may also construct your own tray out of aluminum foil.
- Because the buns will grow sideways as well, the sides may not be as straight as they are now, but they will be just as soft and tasty.
- This is the same method I use every time.
- Cut the cold dough into ten portions.
Repeat with the other dough sections. Make a pinching motion to close the seam. Fold the edges over and squeeze them together to seal the seams. A good and smooth surface should be present on the other side of the dough. Prepared rolls of dough in the pan that has been prepared!
How to activate yeast
This is how you toast the sides of the bread with butter till they are lovely and toasty and buttery and golden brown. mmm. The result is a rich, buttery bun that is crunchy on the surface and pleasantly soft and milky on the interior, all thanks to the use of additional butter. My recipe for classic hot dog buns, which is also quite popular on my site, has already been posted on this page. These New England hot dog buns may also be made with the same recipe. Although the dough has a bit more butter than usual, today’s recipe also adds milk powder, which makes the dough more soft and somewhat milky in flavor.
- Following the kneading of the dough, it should be sticky and pliable to the touch.
- In an oiled basin, roll the dough into a ball and set it aside.
- It was on Amazon that I purchased it from.
- But, to be honest, you could bake the buns quite close together on a standard baking sheet and still obtain the soft edges.
- Using your stand mixer to combine all of the ingredients for these New England hot dog buns is a simple and convenient method of making the dough.
- It’s important to note that if you are unsure whether your active dry yeast is fresh, it’s strongly recommended that you activate it before adding the other ingredients to your mixer bowl.
- Coil out each piece into an 8-by-5-inch rectangle, then firmly roll up the shorter side to make a tube.
- Seams should be sealed by folding over the edges and pinching them shut.
- Rolls of dough are ready to be placed in the pan that has been prepped.
How to shape New England hot dog buns (New England top split buns)
These are shaped in the same way as conventional hot dog buns are shaped. I divide the dough into ten equal pieces and lay out each piece to make a rectangle on a lightly floured surface (width will be a little less than that of the pan). Then roll up the dough firmly, folding and sealing the edges as you go, and move them to the baking sheet. This guarantees that the rolls are attractive, light, and fluffy, and that they are evenly formed.
Substitutes for some key ingredients
If you don’t have milk powder on hand, you are welcome to just omit it from the recipe altogether. It is, however, something I would suggest. Adding milk powder to the bread helps to tenderize it, resulting in a loaf that is soft, sweet, and almost milky in flavor. If you don’t care for the taste of butter, you may substitute oil instead. You may substitute bread flour for the all-purpose flour. However, you may find that you need to add a bit more water or milk to get the same consistency. However, even using AP flour, you may need to alter the amount of liquid you use because the amount of liquid changes depending on the weather.
- It is necessary to add a little water (a teaspoon at a time) until the dough reaches the proper consistency if it starts to pull away from the sides and the bottom.
- Continue to do so until the desired uniformity is attained.
- The fact that they have such unusually soft sides just adds to their deliciousness.
- Don’t be afraid to pick up a New England hot dog roll pan and experiment with this delicious recipe!
- You’ll never want anything to do with store-bought hot dog buns again after trying this recipe.
Posted in: Hot Dog Buns You may find me on social media sites such asFACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, YOU TUBE, andGOOGLE-PLUS.
TOOLS YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
The use of a New England hot dog pan is required in order to prepare these buns. They contribute to the characteristic soft sides of New England hot dog buns that are well-known throughout the country. The Kitchen Aid mixer is what I’m using, but any sturdy stand mixer would make this procedure much easier for you. Pastry Brushes– I used them for all of my pastries and baked good creations. Making a smooth application of the egg wash over the top of the buns is a pleasure. Sign up for my free recipe newsletter to have new recipes delivered to your inbox every week!
Prep:40minutes Time required for proofreading: 2 hours Cook:20minutes Time allotted: 1 hour Servings:10buns
- 1 cup milk powder
- 17.6 ounces all-purpose flour Nonfat or full-fat cream is acceptable
- ½cupwarm milk
- s½cupwarm water, plus an extra 1/4 cup of warm water if required
- 2 teaspoons dry active yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons melted butter or 3 tablespoons oil
- Extra oil to gently grease the bowl
- For the egg wash, use 1 egg
- In the mixing bowl of your stand mixer, add the flour, milk powder, yeast, sugar, and salt until well combined and well blended. (If you’re not sure if your yeast is “alive” or fresh, go to the recipe notes for instructions on how to activate it.) In a separate small dish, mix together the water, milk, and egg until well combined. Combine the wet and dry ingredients in a separate bowl. In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or a dough attachment, blend the dry and wet ingredients until thoroughly incorporated. Change the attachment on your stand mixer to the dough hook and knead the dough until it comes together. If the dough is too dry, add a little more water. The dough should be able to come away from the edges of the bowl while remaining somewhat stuck to the bottom. Continue to knead for approximately 5 minutes, or until you have a smooth ball of dough. In a little amount at a time, add the oil (or butter) and knead for a further 5-10 minutes (I kneaded it for about 8 minutes), until the dough is glossy, smooth, and sticky to the touch. Place the dough in a large mixing bowl that has been lightly oiled. Make sure the dough is lightly greased on the surface as well as the inside of the dough. Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator overnight (8 hours) or for up to 24 hours for the greatest results and flavor. You can cover the dough with plastic wrap and let it rise for 1 hour in a warm area until it has doubled in size if you want to bake the hot dogs the same day
- Otherwise, you can bake them the next day. If you are baking the bread rolls on a certain day, turn the refrigerated dough out onto a lightly floured surface and lightly sprinkle the top of the dough with flour to prevent sticking to the surface. Depending on whether or not the dough was refrigerated (and whether or not it had merely been proofed for 1 hour at room temperature), you may need to press the dough to remove some of the air and you may need to use more flour on your hands and your work area to keep the dough from sticking as well
SHAPING AND BAKING HOT DOG BUNS
- Set aside a New England hot dog pan that has been brushed with butter. Dividing the dough into 10 equal parts is a good idea. I weigh the dough and then divide it into ten equal sections, as follows: To make a flattened piece of dough, roll out each part into a rectangle about 4 inches wide and 5 to 6 inches long, a little less than the width of the baking sheet. then wrap up the shorter side to produce a tube or sausage shape by rolling it up TIGHTLY. The ends of this will be tapered and longer than the width of the pan, as shown in the illustration. Using your fingers, pinch the seam to secure it, and then tuck in the sides and pinch them to seal them too. In order to provide a flat surface on the opposite side, all sealed edges should be on the same side of dough as the dough itself. Place the rolled-up dough in the pan that has been prepared. Repeat the process with the remaining dough. Make certain that all of the rolls are of equal size. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and set it aside in a warm location for 45 minutes, or until the dough sections have almost reached the sides of the pan, whichever is sooner. This may take a bit more than 45 minutes during the winter, and it may take less than 45 minutes on really hot summer days. About 30 minutes before baking, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit/180 degrees Celsius
- To make the egg wash, crack an egg into a small dish and gently whisk it together. Bake the hot dog rolls in the preheated oven until they are golden brown on top and sound hollow when tapped, about 15 minutes. This should take around 15-20 minutes. Remove the buns from the oven and set them aside to cool until they can be handled gently. To keep the buns until they are ready to be used, carefully take them from the pan and place them in an airtight container. Before storing the buns, you can gently tear them apart with your fingers. It is best if you consume it the same day. Refrigerate them for a couple of days or freeze them for later use.
PREPARING THE BUNS FOR HOT DOGS
- Softened butter should be spread on the two soft sides of the bun. Using a nonstick pan, cook the ingredients over medium heat. When the pan is heated, toast each side of the bread that has been buttered until golden brown. The process might take anything from 2-4 minutes each side. A bread knife is used to delicately chop down the length of the top of the bun to form a split top bun. ‘Now that the buns are ready to be used,’
If you are unsure whether your yeast is active or fresh, you can do the following tests.
- Place 1/2 cup of warm water in a mixing basin and stir in 1 tablespoon of sugar until combined. Stir in the yeast and let aside for about 15 minutes to allow it to activate. Once the yeast has been activated, it should appear frothy and bubbly on the surface after 15 minutes of mixing
- Then add the flour, milk powder, remainder of the sugar and salt, milk and egg mixture to the same mixing bowl and stir until well combined. Step 3 should be followed.
Additionally, you may use my recipe for REGULAR HOT DOG BUNS in order to create this. It’s less sticky than this recipe, which is a plus. It is still soft, but it is less buttery, and it does not contain milk powder. Serving:1bun 269 calories per serving (13 percent ) 43 g of carbohydrates (14 percent ) 8 g of protein (16 percent ) 7 g of fat (11 percent ) 2 g of saturated fat (13 percent ) Cholesterol: 21 milligrams (7 percent ) 428 milligrams of sodium (19 percent ) Potassium: 141 milligrams (4 percent ) 2 g of dietary fiber (8 percent ) 4 g of sugar (4 percent ) Vitamin A: 274 International Units (IU) (5 percent ) 1 milligram of vitamin C (1 percent ) Calcium: 55 milligrams (6 percent ) 2 milligrams of iron (11 percent ) In the interest of convenience and as a service, this website provides estimated nutritional information only.
If the USDA Food Composition Database is not accessible, nutrition information is taken from other online calculators and the USDA Food Composition Database.
Cuisine:American Bread and buns are the primary focus of this section.
Amazing Lobster Roll
As an Amazon Associate, we may get compensation on purchases made via Amazon.com that meet certain criteria. When it comes to sandwiches, this culinary marvel of flavor may very well be the best of the best! Many times before, and it bears repeating again, we have stated that Most of the time, the quality of a meal is determined by the quality of the components used to prepare it. This ridiculously delicious sandwich is no exception to the rule. It’s all about the lobster, and those buttery toasted buns are a must-have!
Let’s get this party started!
How to Make Lobster Rolls
It’s actually not that tough to make true New England-style lobster sandwiches in the comfort of your own home. We’ve got a few tips and methods to help you produce the tastiest seafood sandwich you’ve ever had the pleasure of eating or serving.
The Best Lobster Meat
Any true lobster roll recipe will tell you that the lobster is the most important ingredient. To prepare the ultimate lobster sandwich, you must use high-quality, meaty lobster flesh. If you don’t want to kill the lobster personally, you can follow our example. Find a reputable fishmonger at your local fish market and delegate the task to them. If you want it, they will even take the flesh from the bone for you! Fresh lobster (either live or freshly cooked) may be ordered at www.LobsterAnywhere.com, which is another fantastic choice.
This is lobster that was caught off the coast of the magnificent state of Maine, and we think it’s incredibly delicious. This lobster flesh is used to produce the greatest lobster roll in the state of Maine, and that’s good enough for our tastes!
Keep it Simple
When cooking a lobster roll sandwich, it’s vital to make the dressing as simple and straightforward as possible. Keep in mind that it’s all about the lobster! Homemade mayonnaise, which we believe is excellent, can be created, but honestly, decent-quality store-bought mayonnaise is just as delicious. We combine a little lemon juice, Champagne vinegar, fresh dill, celery, and a pinch of salt and pepper into the mayonnaise before serving. PRO TIP: Our dressing is quite delicious, and if you like your lobster salad to be extra creamy, you may add up to 12 cups of heavy cream to the lobster before mixing it all together.
However, we recommend starting with simply a couple of teaspoons of the dressing and tossing it with the lobster and celery to get a sense of how it tastes before adding more.
Where to Find Lobster Roll Bread
We are firm believers that the selection of the proper bread is the second most important component of the ideal roll. A fantastic company called Box of Maine makes New-England Split-Top Buns, which we will be using exclusively. Everything about this dish is amazing: it’s freshly baked, buttery, and the ideal vehicle for all of that delectable lobster. Expert advice: If you can’t find New England split-top frankfurter buns, you may substitute normal hot dog buns or even a kaiser roll as an alternate option.
The buttery bread is the ideal complement to the delectable fresh lobster flesh atop the bun.
The Classic New England Sandwich
Amazing restaurants and food trucks can be found all over the New England shoreline, many of which have spectacular views of the beautiful Atlantic Ocean. Despite the fact that this excellent seafood sandwich originated in New England (learn more about it here), it is simple to prepare in your own home. It is possible to prepare the salad up to 1 or 2 days ahead of time. Make care to toast the buns well before stuffing them with a generous portion of the lobster salad and serving them immediately.
How To Serve
The beauty of these sandwiches lies in their simple design. We then top the sandwiches with a few cut chives and squeeze a fresh lemon over the top to provide just another layer of brightness. Bring everything together by serving it with potato chips, cool beers, and maybe even a pickle on top of it all. Ladies and gentlemen, this is nothing short of amazing. Another lobster dish that we enjoy is our Best-Ever Lobster Salad, which we created ourselves. Elegant, as well as wonderful. In the meanwhile, treat yourself and your loved ones to some fresh lobster flesh and New England top-split buns, which you can pick up (or purchase online) in the meantime.
That is something we promise! Prepare to prepare the finest sandwich this side of Maine with these simple instructions. Take a chance! Remember to snap a photo of it and post it on Instagram with the hashtag #HowToFeedaLoon and the hashtag @HowToFeedaLoon in the description!
- 1lblobster meatcooked, roughly chopped
- 1tbsplemonfresh, juice from 12 large lemon
- 1tspChampagne vinegaror white wine vinegar
- 1tspdillfresh, chopped
- 4dasheshot sauce
- 12tspKosher salt
- 14tspblack pepper freshly ground
- 14cupceleryfinely chopped
- 1lblobster meat cooked, roughly chopped
- 1lblob 4 hot dog bunstop-split, New England Style
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives for garnish, if desired
- 4 hot dog bunstop-split, New England Style
- Place all of the ingredients in a small mixing bowl and whisk until well combined
- This should take no more than 5 minutes. Place the lobster flesh in a large mixing bowl with the celery and gradually fold in approximately 2 tbsp of the dressing until well combined. The lobster should be coated with a thin layer of the dressing all over it before serving. If you want a bit extra dressing, you may adjust the amount to your desire. Using a nonstick saucepan, cook the ingredients over medium-high heat. Place the buns on their sides in the melted butter in the pan when it has been heated through. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the bread is toasted and toasty. Flip the pan over and toast the other side. It’s possible that you’ll have to toast the buns in several batches. If using, pile the lobster salad on top of the toasted buns and garnish with fresh chives. Serve as soon as possible
Place all of the ingredients in a small mixing bowl and whisk until well combined; add the hot sauce and stir well. Using a large mixing basin, combine the lobster flesh, celery, and 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Gently fold in the remaining dressing until well combined. An even thin layer of the dressing should be spread all over the lobster. Dressing can be increased to your preference if you desire a bit more. Medium-high heat in a nonstick saucepan is ideal for preparing the dish. Place the buns on their sides in the pan of melted butter when it has been heated through.
Toss the pan around and toast the other side as well.
As soon as possible, provide service
- Fill a large stockpot approximately three-quarters of the way full with salted water and bring to a rolling boil, then remove from heat. Cook the lobsters for 8 to 10 minutes, covered, or until they are brilliant pink. Drain and rinse under cool water for about 30 seconds on each side after removing from pan with tongs Place the lobster on a cutting board and remove the flesh from the shell, coarsely chopping it. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Fill a big stockpot approximately three-quarters of the way full with salted water and bring to a boil; remove from heat; cool. Using a lid, cook the lobsters for 8 to 10 minutes, or until they are brilliant pink. Drain and rinse under cool water for about 30 seconds each after removing from pan with tongs Place the lobster on a chopping board and remove the flesh from the shell. Roughly slice the lobster meat. Cool for 15 minutes after transferring to a bowl of water.
The BEST Lobster Rolls (With Both Butter AND Mayonnaise)
In the great argument over whether lobster rolls are better served Connecticut-style with melted butter or Maine-style with lemony mayonnaise, I believe that a combination of the two is the finest option. You’re going to adore them, I promise you. With so many best-of lists and so many differing opinions, deciding how to create the finest lobster rolls is right up there with calling the best Super Bowl match-up ever, deciding whether thin crust or Chicago style pizza is superior, and picking the greatest movie of all time.
Personally, I think they’re both fantastic.
Summer foods have here, and I’m ready to take advantage of them.
What’s In Lobster Rolls
The ingredient list for these lobster rolls is short and to the point, maintaining true to the original tastes while allowing the lobster flesh to come through as the star.
- Lobster meat
- Lemon juice and zest
- Minced celery
- Minced chives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Ingredients: lobster meat
- Lemon juice and zest a soft, split-top New England-style bun, often known as a hot dog bun
What Type of Lobster Is Best for Lobster Rolls
Lobster rolls may be made in a variety of ways, the most popular of which is the lobster roll. If you reside on the Eastern shore, you should count yourself fortunate to have access to freshly caught lobster at any time. If you have the means, purchase the live crustaceans online and have them transported directly to your home or workplace. You may also get them in Asian shops and certain higher-end supermarkets. – For the rest of us, frozen lobster is more likely to be on the menu this time of year.
Fresh lobster delivers between 3 and 3 3/4 ounces of lobster per pound of lobster, depending on the season and the quality of the lobster.
To make all of those delectable lobster bits, I purchased cooked, frozen lobster flesh, which included the knuckles, claws, and tail meat, rather than cooking fresh. You may also use frozen tails, bake or steam them, and then coarsely chop them as well.
Lobster Rolls Dressing
The dressing for these lobster rolls is simple yet full of flavor, and it takes no time at all to put together. Don’t go overboard with the mayonnaise. An overabundance of mayonnaise on top of delectable lobster flesh is one of the most heinous blunders ever committed in the name of a lobster roll. Use only a scant 1/4 cup of mayonnaise, which is about the ideal quantity for 1 pound of lobster flesh, to keep the mayo light. Add a crunch of celery to finish it off. While celery can be a contentious component that some lobster roll purists will object to, I appreciate the crunch and variety in texture it adds to the lobster roll recipe.
- Make use of freshly squeezed lemon juice as well as lemon zest.
- This will also give the mayonnaise a zesty taste that will liven up any seafood.
- Turn it up a notch.
- Try substituting minced tarragon, red onion, or chopped green onion for the parsley for variation.
Lobster Rolls Get All Buttered Up
Taking the initial taste of this lobster roll when it is still warm and toasty, with the lobster flesh nice, buttery, and blended with the mayo dressing, is by far the greatest bite of this lobster roll! Gently reheat the lobster flesh in the melted butter until it is warm. The lobster flesh should be warmed for 2-3 minutes in a pan of melted butter before mixing it with the mayonnaise dressing. Cooking it for an extended period of time will result in it being tough and overdone.
Spoon It Up
Keep the juiciness of the butter in the pan. Cooking the lobster releases fluids into the butter, which, although delectable, will render the dressing runny if added to the mayonnaise in its whole. Transfer the lobster flesh to the dressing using a slotted spoon, but don’t be concerned if some of the buttery deliciousness makes its way into the dressing as well.
The Best Bread for Lobster Rolls
Because of the sensitive meat and subtle flavorings, this is a sandwich in which the bread on which it is served may make or break the entire experience. After all, it’s even a part of the company’s name! Make a nice, buttery bun out of it. Split-top, New England-style hot dog buns are the traditional vehicle for serving lobster salad, although they can be difficult to locate in some parts of the country. Buns with a delicate, moist texture, such as brioche-style buns or Hawaiian bread buns, are also available.
While a standard side split hot dog bun would sufficient, avoid using buns that are dry or even slightly on the edge of being stale at all costs.
Slice the bready sides of the bun, butter them, and toast them. Allowing the crumby texture to be seen by cutting away a tiny margin of the bun’s edges and toasting in a skillet with melted butter adds another layer of warm richness to the lobster roll that is famous worldwide.
How Much Lobster Is In a Lobster Roll
This is not a meal to be taken lightly, so fill those lobster rolls to the brim with all you’ve got. Estimate that each bun will hold 1/4 pound of lobster salad. Although it is not traditional, a piece of green lettuce can be served on the side of the bread with the lobster. However, be aware that some lobster roll purists may disagree.
What to Serve with Lobster Rolls
What would a lobster roll be if it didn’t come with a side order of potato chips? The saltier and crunchier the food, the better it is in my opinion. Kettle chips with salt and vinegar are my personal favorite, and they provide a wonderful contrast to the soft baguette and lobster.
More Lobster Recipes Ideas
- Mac and cheese made with lobster, grilled lobster tails with smoked paprika butter, Kennebunkport Lobster Grilled Cheese, and Lobster Etouffee are just a few of the dishes on the menu.
If you try this recipe, please let me know how it turned out! Please rate and comment on this dish in the section below, as well as take a photo and tag me on Instagram with the hashtag #foodiecrusheats.
The BEST Lobster Rolls (With Butter AND Mayonnaise)
Make sure to let me know if you try this recipe! You may rate and comment on this dish here, or you can take a picture and tag me on Instagram with the hashtag #foodiecrusheats.
- Please let me know if you try this recipe! Please rate and comment on this dish below, as well as take a photo and tag me on Instagram with the hashtag #foodiecrusheats.
- Remove any stray shells from the lobster flesh by rinsing it well. Drain well to prevent the mayo sauce from becoming runny. Set aside the chopped or torn vegetables in big bits. Combine the celery, mayonnaise, chives, lemon juice, lemon zest, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper in a large mixing bowl. Check the seasoning by tasting it
- 2 tablespoons of the butter should be melted in a large pan over medium heat before adding the lobster flesh. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes, or until the mixture is hot and buttery all over. Toss the lobster flesh into the mayonnaise mixture with a slotted spoon once it has been coated with the sauce. Remove the lobster from the skillet and discard the butter and juices that have accumulated. In a medium-sized pan, melt the remaining butter over medium heat and toast the buns on the cut sides for approximately 2 minutes each side, or until golden and toasted
- Fill each bun with equal amounts of lobster flesh and top with more chives, if desired. Serve with potato chips as a side dish.
The following are the calories in this recipe: 404kcal|22g carbs|23g protein|24g fat|9g saturated fat|Cholesterol:180mg sodium 1032mg potassium 297mg fiber 1g sugar 3g vitamin A 411IU vitamin C 3 mg calcium 175mg iron 2mg
More Sandwich Recipe Ideas
- How To Make A Healthy-Ish Fried Fish Sandwich
- How To Make A Better Sandwich
- My favorite Reuben Sandwich Recipe
- Classic Egg Salad Sandwich
- Green Goddess Cream Cheese Veggie Sandwich
- My Favorite Reuben Sandwich Recipe
We send out well-written emails. Subscribe to FoodieCrush and you’ll have each new post, as well as unique content available only to our subscribers, delivered directly to your inbox. Follow me onInstagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter for more FoodieCrush inspiration and ideas! As usual, thank you for your interest and support of the companies with whom I collaborate, which enables me to develop more original material and recipes for you. A small commission is earned when you purchase something through one of the affiliate links in this post.